Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections (891 Views)

US Partners With Anambra On Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Industrialization & Commerce / Buhari Condoles With Anambra, Joe Biden / ACN To Test Merger With Other Oppositions With Anambra 2014 Gov Poll-Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by Alveez(m): 8:54am On Dec 07, 2013
Yesterday the US government expressed deep disappointment over the conduct of the  Anambra State governorship election, which was held on November 16.

It will be recalled that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Willie Obiano, winner after the November 30 supplementary election. The supplementary election was required, because the poll was earlier declared inconclusive.

US Assistant Secretary of State on African Affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who spoke with some young Nigerians on the President Barack Obama Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) at the Rosa Parks corner of the US Embassy, Abuja, made this statement while responding to a question on Nigeria and 2015 elections.
She said that the question of fair election is on agenda of the US government, noting,

“We were disappointed with the results of the Anambra State governorship election and the problems that came out of that election. So we want to work with the Electoral Commission and work with your politicians to ensure that such is not repeated. And we continue to build on successes and correct failures.”

She believes that promoting fair election and democracy is a matter of key importance for the US, adding that there is still much work left to do to ensure free and fair election on the continent.
Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by KenJak(m): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2013
That was not even an election,it was the dummy-run of 2015 election. Worstiest regime.
Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by Kingsley1000(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2013
In as much as i condemn anambra election.Nigeria is too far to democracy,our rulers(not leaders)are just camoflaging,playing with our intellect by using money to blind us..how then can we stand our to challenge them since we're deriving meagre parcel of the national cake....politics in nigeria,unlike other developed countries is a game which ought not to be...
Last bullet:for we(nigerians)to attain the apex of sanity and development we desire&aspire,it takes being bold,lets stop shying away from the truth...All i said all this old dudes in power(administration)should be KILLED,they're the canker worm hampering the pace of development we want in this country,,,we need revolution,inject new blood in the system so that everything"New"will dominate nigeria.not until we eliminate them,we'll still live agony&regrets rest of our days.

1 Like

Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by ChideraFavour(m): 9:28am On Dec 07, 2013
ds woman should go n seat down one place, d last presidential election held in US was it free n fair? which state in d whole world is praticing real democracy? It is now only Anambra election dt's not free n fair, kettle calln pot black, mtsheeeeeew! Haters should go n hug transformer, bunch of hypocisy

1 Like

Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by sammyyoung2(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2013
wetin conshine dem
Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by ifex370(m): 9:40am On Dec 07, 2013
sammy.young:
wetin conshine dem
my broda...i wanda oooh
Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
USELESS APC IS AT IT AGAIN! YOU PROPERBLY PUT WORDS INTO THE POOR WOMAN'S MOUTH WITH YOUR HALF BAKE JOURNALISM.ANYWAY ANAMBRARIANS HAVE DECIDED

1 Like

Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by Kingsley1000(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kingsley1000: In as much as i condemn anambra election.Nigeria is too far to democracy,our rulers(not leaders)are just camoflaging,playing with our intellect by using money to blind us..how then can we stand our to challenge them since we're deriving meagre parcel of the national cake....politics in nigeria,unlike other developed countries is a game which ought not to be...
Last bullet:for we(nigerians)to attain the apex of sanity and development we desire&aspire,it takes being bold,lets stop shying away from the truth...All i said all this old dudes in power(administration)should be KILLED,they're the canker worm hampering the pace of development we want in this country,,,we need revolution,inject new blood in the system so that everything"New"will dominate nigeria.not until we eliminate them,we'll still live agony&regrets rest of our days.
HIT LIKE IF YOU CONCUR WITH ME
Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kingsley1000: HIT LIKE IF YOU CONCUR WITH ME
POOR BEGGER

3 Likes

Re: USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections by Kairoseki77: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
Chidera Favour: ds woman should go n seat down one place, d last presidential election held in US was it free n fair? which state in d whole world is praticing real democracy? It is now only Anambra election dt's not free n fair, kettle calln pot black, mtsheeeeeew! Haters should go n hug transformer, bunch of hypocisy

Please siddon and be quiet!

The election in the US was free and fair. To even compare the voting system in Nigeria to the US is pointless. They have been having democratic elections every four years since 1776.

The reality is that the INEC admitted that there were massive problems and one of their members was arrested. Voting didn't even take place in large parts of Anambra. This is not free and fair. If it was free and fair, there would NOT have been a supplementary election.

Shortsighted people are always happy when corruption favors them, but love to shout when corruption favors another man. Now that it is "your turn to chop" you talk nonsense, but when a Northern/Middle Belt/Western President does these things your likes will be howling and begging the US for visa.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Butchered My Own Father – Redeemer University Student / Our Military/police Should Only Recruit Graduates / Palestinians Set Fire To Humanitarian Aid Donated By Hezbollah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.