Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,005 members, 7,799,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (131765 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2009
promise2 maybe your transcript is different from other member of your school that is why they want to comfirm if its geniun,but you should have collected the verificate letter from the school and send it yourself with speed mail so that you can meet the deadline,you can still do that its not too late just to be sure in other not to miss the opportunity.or you can mail them if they have receive the verification letter.goodluck
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by promise2(f): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2009
Thank you. i have called my school but they said they cant write any letter of verification to STUDERA until the get the letter from Sweden.
By Tuesday i will see if i can persuade one of the officials in the Registrar in my formal University to write the letter. I hope i get the letter because sweden said that if the dont get the letter on or before 30th of march i will miss the admission. i pray to succeed. smiley
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chuxy12(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2009
@skynlaw,
do the swedish authorities recognise cambridge A levels? if it is recognised what level will the person start on?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2009
promise2,you can print the message at studera and take it to your school to show them and tell them its very important they send a reply,then tell them to send studera the hard copy of the verification letter and also mail them the soft copy.if possible collect the hard copy and send it yourself.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 1:00am On Mar 11, 2009
@steeee
i cant c dat points/20 points thingy on studera
i only c prio, code, SG, MR
under Application alternative - preliminary evaluation
Read more

cud u explain beta
thx
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2009
please anyone in the house to explain wat dis means?
You have been granted an exemption from the basic requirements for this course/program. The decision applies to this term studera[i][/i] shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2009
pls i am having the same problem about the verification of transcript. if u request for the letter from your institution which addresss will u send it to, your ist choice school or studera. embarassed someone shld hlp we are running out of time as 30th is very close :-
Embarrassed
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2009
send it to studera the address is on your cover page,all document are to be send to studera only so that they will recommend you to all the schools please send it tomorrow.dont forget to put your civic registration number
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2009
hi every one
thanks rugina for ur reply . i went to my sch and the confirmd that d have received it n verified it. the said they are on their way to send it to studera. fellow applicants if u are still having any problem on ur application, here is my SECRET , first settle it on ur knees with ur God and u can be rest assured that every thing will work for ur good.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 7:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ceasyc
If there is no point rating means all ur documents are still be verified.
Cause mine i have submitted last Autuum so i did nit submit any other documents because is already in their sysytem.

These are the meaning of the abbriavations

Explanations of headline abbreviations
Prio = Priority order of applied course/programme

Code = Application code and brief course description

SG = Selection group

MR = Merit rating in selection group (only shown if all entrance requirements are met
)

So i have 15.83 on MR already and these over 20.
Automatically i have gotten a place with these ratings.
Hope i have answer ur questions
Kindly write if you need more clarification

Best wishes to all and sundry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by born2makit: 1:32am On Mar 17, 2009
hello everybody am here just to find out the language the swedish universities use in teaching students in class, is it sweden or english, coz i study in russia at the moment but the russian language sucks no any improvement in the fucking langauge na very old stupid language, i tire oooooooo, everytime na dictionary i dey use before i go fit express my self angry, hope to get reasonable answer soon, Onelove smiley smiley cool[/b] cool
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by azpunpin: 7:51am On Mar 17, 2009
nethacker:

please anyone in the house to explain wat dis means?
You have been granted an exemption from the basic requirements for this course/program. The decision applies to this term studera[i][/i] shocked shocked

Nethacker, this is exactly what is on my application now. I have this on two school and the remaining two choices are still in process, this was on my application last year and i was given admission. Which means, am already to be granted admission as well this year but all i want to know is how to go about the Visa Processing after a notification of admission which is only confirmed on the studera website but no proof of admission to be sent to you, this is why am scared again on how to go about the whole visa processing thing. Please, can someone enlighten me about this.

Thank You
One Love.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2009
hi all
while waiting for the whistle from studera, i went to the embassy website for info on how to get the visa but am a bit confused on som things like
what is the appointment detail about,? what is the minimum no of day should ur application stay b4 ur interview day?, after ur interview will u get the result immediately?
can someone put me through please
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
Let me see if i can help to answer some of your Questions
1. Yes, Most swedish Schools are taught entirely in English excerpt most undergraduates course that swedish is the language of study.
Around Stocklom most schools are Swedish. Because that is where they have imperative advantage over other European countries , course like core Engineering , Law , Medicine are all taught in swedish. But one can still get good course taught entirely in English course like humanties, Administration, Internatioinal Raletions u can get an undergrauate programm taught entirely in English . But if u going in for a masters degree u definetly have the core course taught in English Language .

2. The guy that went the swedish website in Nigeria
Appointment detail is a process whereby u have pay the required amount i think last year was around 16, 800 naria payable at any Intercontinetal bank and u registered your details in the website and proceed to book your appointment and interweiw date
The Minimum days for student application i think that what concerned us is about 6 weeks minimum for processing . That is why i emphasize in my prevoius post that ALL should start arranging the documnets and book ahead of time do not wait until all ur documents are complete before u book ur appointment of course there will be no much time . For the forms kindly visit www.swedishvisa.org click on student Residence permit and click on Migration .com ( That is the Agency That handles all visa matters in sweden ) The Embassy here in Abuja and all over the world do not process visas they only collect and send to sweden thats why it takes minimum 6 weeks to get result

No , you result will be mailed vai E mail or u recieved a phone call to come and collect your results
from the embassy in sweden or the officer handling your case directly from sweden but your visa will be stamp in there Embassy in ASOKORO Abuja

If you are qualified Admission are normal sent on your application page on www.studera what u only need is to download normal a PDF file and print thats ur admission letter
This was a a result of the time a mail takes from Scanavian countries to Africa whaich is probaly a month or more so they decided that u just print ur Admission letter if u are Succesful
I hope i have answer some of your questions

i wish everyone in the HOUSE GOODLUCK

Best regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2009
steeee what i really want to know is when you book appointment online that is after you must have paid your visa fee at intercontinental you will be given a code to book appointment online then on the appointment date you will take all the required document there to submit then will you drop your passport with then or is it when they call you after 6week that is when you will take your passport there for the visa because 6weeks is a long time for them to keep your passport.please could you please explain this .thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 8:57am On Mar 19, 2009
@rugina

your six weeks start to count from the day you sibmit your application with the Embassy in Abuja.
Your passport will just be stamp recieved, been the day you submitted your application , and you go with your passport until your application is successful then you bring your passport for the visa
The six weeks is the mininum time u can get a reply for your application some applications can be up to three months
So your apply immidatelty you get your Admission letter
Hope i have answer your questions
Best regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2009
steeee, thanks you've answered my question,am grateful
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 12:19am On Mar 21, 2009
thx steeee
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
thanks steee, ceasy ad rugina for all your assistance but pls clearify me more on these
Are u saying that ur doc., will b submitd on that day u bookd on the internet ie interview day?
Also wiil u be orally interviewd on that day?
Abt bank statement, my parents are sponsoring me will i use my own acct or theirs?
What do u think the minimum amt in ur act shld b so u can be sucessful?On the requirement for visa ., u hav @ recently aken Photographs, Shld it be a passpory or ur full pics?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2009
i neant the phot askd for in the visa requirements is it a passport or ur full pics
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2009
@chigsmith
Yes, your interview date is the date you book on their website www.swedenvisa.org

Normally they ask you what course and how you get to hear about it, and possible what you submit in your forms
These will not take normally more than 5 mins with Embassy staff taking your pics

Forget about using any Statements other than you OWN. kindly transfer the Money into your Account. And the Amount is 7300 SEK for each year ie 7300x2 for a two years .7300 sek is equivalant of N1460000 in naria. These amount must be in your account

Passport is normal on white background just a normal 2x2 passport size
recently taken
CHERERS

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2009
chigsmith its just normal coloured passport ie half not full.yes you will submit your doc on the appointment date they may ask you one or two question not serious ones.you will have to use your own bank statement if not you wont be grant a visa.its depend on what you are applying for if its masters for 1 year that will be 10month the budget for a month is 7300 swedish krona and 1sewdish krona is 18naira,so your budget for 10month is 7300x10=73000x18=1.314,000.same goes for 2years and 4years.7300x20,7300x40.so your bank statement must cover your stay.this is very important,that is why many people are not granted visa,remember it must be your account not your parent or anyperson's account but yours.good luck

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2009
Please somebody should tell me how to get the tax clearance. I don't know about this. Help will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
Please I would like to know if the account statement should be that of savings or current? Secondly, will u need to provide source of the fund in your account to the swedish embassy. Finally, if you need to present the source of fund, how will you go about that? I will really appreciate ur response on this. Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
its obvious that for you to have sure amount in your account you must be working or doing something,it can be saving or current so far its your account,go to tax clearance office to ask if they do it ,all you have to do is pay that what fashola want lagosians to do so you can go there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by rugina(f): 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2009
its obvious that for you to have such amount in your account you must be working or doing something,it can be saving or current so far its your account,go to tax clearance office to ask if they do it ,all you have to do is pay that what fashola want lagosians to do so you can go there.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2009
Thanks for the rugina for your response, I would like to know about presenting the source of fund in the account to the embassy, someone that has done it before said something about it, but i was not clear about it. Please i would like you or someone else on this forum that know about this to through more light on it. Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2009
Thanks rugina for your response, I would like to know about presenting the source of fund in the account to the embassy, someone that has done it before said something about it, but i was not clear about it. Please i would like you or someone else on this forum that know about this to through more light on it. Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Renz(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2009
Pls do anyone know when d next admission for Spring will begin??
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2009
thanks steee and rugina for your reply . i pray God wiil grant us all our accademic desires. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.