Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (73967 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by oscrenpe: 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
My Story goes thus,i ordered for an HP laptop from jumia a week before leaving for school for a friend, they called few days later saying because of easter delivery was gonna be delayed so i cancelled the order, only for them to call me they were on their way to my house the day i was leaving for school.
i had waited and to save space in my load i jus pulled the laptop and the charger out of the pack. . .to cut the long story short,BRAND laptop was nt loading OS.my school was far far in the North. i called and called and they said they could nt even replace it that i had to go to HP office and my friend was getting impatient. Along the line i was sending mails to them and they shocked me saying my order number does nt exist shocked. i then forwarded the mail they sent when i made the order which contained the order no. . . well since then they have nt replied me. . .travelled down to HP office and had to pay additional money to put the laptop in place.

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by honeybeee: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Both jumia, Konga, Kaymu and deal dey are all thieves. Dont be a victim of online scam. Shop safe.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by seangy4konji: 12:51am On Dec 09, 2013
i will go to d shop,buy and drive home...jumia korrrr konga ni...na ur fathers you go give headache...mwetttswwwwww
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jacksol(m): 1:15am On Dec 09, 2013
I have not tried Jumia but my ongoing experience with Konga rules out that possibility.
I ordered two items 10 days ago, paying with debit card (my mistake, with hindsight). They waited one week to tell me that one is out of stock. No mention of my money!!!
The second item no information on it. Talking with their customer agents has left me feeling I might have made a big mistake trusting some invisible Nigerians with my money.
Please does anyone know how one might recover one's money from Konga?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by magicstickolly(m): 1:17am On Dec 09, 2013
I've used Jumia not once and I can say they are reliable.....As for Konga??hmmmn cant say much buh tried them once and got to know that any product below 5000 attracts a fee of 500 for transport...At least that should be stated in their website...Customer service sha!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by prettystacy(f): 1:30am On Dec 09, 2013
Take it easy buddies, one bad experience with a customer care representative aint enough to label dem rude. (If u r sure u've had any).
Online shopping is new in Nigeria, dnt let anyone discourage u. Some pple talkn trash have neva used any bfor. Jst frm hear say.
U can place an order with either of d companies, u can choose 'pay on delivery' if u r in doubt.

I don't want to be biased here, u try urself dnt seek nairalander's opinion n choose the services u prefer later on.
These companies r each odas biggest competitor and believe me they share almost same criticism.
Its jst same ans u get if a debate lyk 'etisalat n airtel network which is better' is thrown open.
I've used both.
I lyk online shopping cos u knw/get the actual cost unlike d market or shops where some guys sees u n inflates d price(s) simply because u've shown interest in buyn a particular item(s) or they think u can afford dat.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nelrulez(m): 4:33am On Dec 09, 2013
There was dis home theater I got from Konga and seriously the delivery was timely but the product na another case.. I called them up and they promised to come around to pick it up and replace it but they never did..
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by purplecircle: 5:06am On Dec 09, 2013
Nelrulez: There was dis home theater I got from Konga and seriously the delivery was timely but the product na another case.. I called them up and they promised to come around to pick it up and replace it but they never did..

They will never come to pick it. It is their way. I advice the person that opened this thread, take a drive to a shop buy whatever you want and head home happy. The two shops sell fake items or refurbished goods.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by chiboy1928(m): 5:43am On Dec 09, 2013
Most pple talking here have neva shop online they are just talking cos of other pple are talking as well.konga is the best online shopping store anytime anyday,with cheap good and delivery of goods on time.we should nt blame them but rather encourage them,hope u no we have a poor infrastructure in our country so they are realy tryin in terms of logistics and we shouldn't not compare them to our foreing counter part dis is africa were tings are not working fyne but these guys try to step up they game so we should encourage them and not expect them to perform magic over night online shopping is new in nigeria compare to europe abeg shope with konga they are the best good product,good sevices,though trying in terms of logistics.pls we should alwaays appreciate them and encourage them pls.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sucess001(m): 6:00am On Dec 09, 2013
I ve used both. And both services have been good. Jumia is better tho with customer service while konga's prices re lower. But both give value regardless of their shortcomings.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2013
BrandKing: I professionalism is never about gender but rather it is caused by either the company lacking to give or spend money on proper staff training or the staff just decides not to implement the training knowing the management has no stiff punishment for defaulters.

yeah, I know... I only spoke out anger. Still I dont like dealing with ladies. Their customer officer misled me with information that is against their practices.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by coolakins(m): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Jumia is a scam. They upload products with high specs but by the time you order & take delivery, its a different thing completely from what was stated & immediately they adjust the website that the product is no longer available.
Customer Service Agents cant do much, they are programmed baby-sitters.
Online deals can be very shady, better to physically inspect products before paying at least to reduce sales gimmicks.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by coolakins(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2013
chiboy1928: Most pple talking here have neva shop online they are just talking cos of other pple are talking as well.konga is the best online shopping store anytime anyday,with cheap good and delivery of goods on time.we should nt blame them but rather encourage them,hope u no we have a poor infrastructure in our country so they are realy tryin in terms of logistics and we shouldn't not compare them to our foreing counter part dis is africa were tings are not working fyne but these guys try to step up they game so we should encourage them and not expect them to perform magic over night online shopping is new in nigeria compare to europe abeg shope with konga they are the best good product,good sevices,though trying in terms of logistics.pls we should alwaays appreciate them and encourage them pls.
What nonsense are you talking about? From your lopsided expression, its obvious you have never shopped online or with these guys, probably u're one of those on their payroll.
The fact that they make you look so stupid for patronizing after a deceptive service is more than enough reason to crucify them. They are far from being professional but deceptive & fraudulent.l!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2013
I dey fear with you guyz comments. Anyway they promised to refund my money today. Let me have faith. On a safer side, any1 with konga address??
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by An0nimus: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2013
Why can't I just drive to a store, send someone to get the item for me or buy from a trusted retailer and ask him to send it via courier? undecided
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by chiboy1928(m): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2013
cool_akins:
What nonsense are you talking about? From your lopsided expression, its obvious you have never shopped online or with these guys, probably u're one of those on their payroll.
The fact that they make you look so stupid for patronizing after a deceptive service is more than enough reason to crucify them. They are far from being professional but deceptive & fraudulent.l!
mr man stop talkin thrash I do patronise them and am always happy patronising them so I knw wat am talking about dude guess u have neva shop online b4 dat why u talkiing like a retarded stark illiterate abeg park well jare.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by hustla(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2013
And I was planning to order a perf via Jumia
I no do again oooo
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by uchechuka: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2013
When it come to gadget shopping online, i use Mygizmostore. They never dissapoint and their prices are very tempting. You should try it. Go to:www.mygizmostore.com

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Lyoncrescent: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Ordered a Gucci Flora perfume from jumia. A customer care representative called me afterwards and was offering me other things over the phone that i could also buy. She then confirmed i would receive my order in about 3-8 days time. I was to pay on delivery. After the third day, i recieved an email that my order has been cancelled as the item was out of stock. Mind you, as at this point the item was still listed on their website as available. Never ever tried to shop with them sincee then and never will.

Nigerian businesses can be mediocre. A friend ordered a dress from konga and asos.com on the same day. Asos delivered to Nigeria before konga did.

All it takes is for Amazon to start shipping to nigeria and konga and jumia would be done in a year. Thats Globalization 101.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by eagleeye2: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2013
pretty stacy:
Take it easy buddies, one bad experience with a customer care representative aint enough to label dem rude. (If u r sure u've had any).
Online shopping is new in Nigeria, dnt let anyone discourage u. Some pple talkn trash have neva used any bfor. Jst frm hear say.
U can place an order with either of d companies, u can choose 'pay on delivery' if u r in doubt.

I don't want to be biased here, u try urself dnt seek nairalander's opinion n choose the services u prefer later on.
These companies r each odas biggest competitor and believe me they share almost same criticism.
Its jst same ans u get if a debate lyk 'etisalat n airtel network which is better' is thrown open.
I've used both.
I lyk online shopping cos u knw/get the actual cost unlike d market or shops where some guys sees u n inflates d price(s) simply because u've shown interest in buyn a particular item(s) or they think u can afford dat.
50 Man laptop reporting for duty.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Lakkay: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2013
Never used Jumia but my experience with Konga was terrible just like some commenters have stated earlier. overall, my online shopping experience in naija has not really been great.

(1) When you place orders and receive confirmation that its being processed, don't be surprised when you receive a call/mail few days later that those items were actually out of stock.

(2) As a rule, never pay online to these guys. As much as possible ALWAYS choose to pay on delivery after a thorough inspection of the items.

(3) My best online shopping experience thus far is with Taafoo. Though they tend to have low quality items which are at times overpriced.

Generally, be careful with online shopping in Nigeria. I know they'll eventually get there but for now, brick and mortar is much safer.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Lakkay: 8:13am On Dec 09, 2013
eagle,eye:

50 Man laptop reporting for duty.

So true!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by coolakins(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2013
chiboy1928: mr man stop talkin thrash I do patronise them and am always happy patronising them so I knw wat am talking about dude guess u have neva shop online b4 dat why u talkiing like a retarded stark illiterate abeg park well jare.
Eventhough, I dont want to encourage trade of words but somehow I feel u're dumb! U always shop with them? Show me an evidence of your transaction with them & I will retract my statement above about you. If not, u''re banished forever from this thread. Dumb!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by row2ray(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2013
My experience with jumia wasn't all that, I bought a samsung fone from them it ended up not being ther one the showed in the picture and the specs were different
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Pergrace: 8:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Konga is worst compare to Jumia..Though Konga's prices are cheaper than Jumia.

I am yet to receive my first order from Konga..its been over 8 days now cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ajaopopo: 8:59am On Dec 09, 2013
Konga is d best as for me.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jodeci(m): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2013
I have used Jumia twice and was satisfied on both occasion.
I tried KONGA once and was highly disappointed.

They listed an item on their site and beside that item was "5 Left" .I ordered for 2 and took the pains to go to the bank,stood on the queue for almost 1 hour to pay for the items,only to be called after 3 days that they have only one of the items left and that my money has been refunded to my wallet.

This is a SCAM,obtaining peoples money by tricks.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by exago(m): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2013
Konga delievered to PH but it was delayed for some days. I didnt bother much since it was the option to pay when goods arrived smiley.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by datrmon(m): 9:07am On Dec 09, 2013
The best way to shop in Nigeria is to pay on delivery.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by LeStylo: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2013
KONGA all the way.
Pay on delivery sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.