Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? (2064 Views)

Lady Accused Of Being Edible Caterer Comes Out To Deny Allegations / Abimbola Fernandez Comes Out As A Lesbian / Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by boniflex(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
When you show up at your new school room for the first time, you might have some curiosity about meeting your roommate. Will we get along? Will she/he b messy? Many of us have never lived with anyone besides our families and now we re expected to share a room wit a complete stranger. You and your roommate may end up as friends, or you may just tolerate each other at the end of the school year. But what if your roommate is gay or lesbian, wat do u do then? Please share your views.....
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Well a school isnt a prison, if it were you could always do a prisson break!

Just hold your ground or

You could always become gay

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by boniflex(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Tenison96: Well a school isnt a prison, if it were you could always do a prisson break!

Just hold your ground or

You could always become gay
after paying so much for the room?
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by MrCork: 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
boniflex: When you show up at your new school room for the first time, you might have some curiosity about meeting your roommate. Will we get along? Will she/he b messy? Many of us have never lived with anyone besides our families and now we re expected to share a room wit a complete stranger. You and your roommate may end up as friends, or you may just tolerate each other at the end of the school year. But what if your roommate is gay or lesbian, wat do u do then? Please share your views.....

...bro..did he pull out his kondo when u was bathing? shocked
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by demelza: 9:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
Well you continue living your life as before. The pronouncement isnt worth bringing out the red carpet. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
demelza: Well you continue living your life as before. The pronouncement isnt worth bringing out the red carpet. undecided

Exactly.

I lived in a hostel and I don't remember having a crush on any of my room-mates. We all lived as normal guys, although none of them knew about me.

It doesn't change a damn thing. Gay guys aren't attracted to just any guy they see in their rooms, and I'm sure same applies to the females.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by GSKing: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ehn @demelza, wow!!! You actually made a sensible comment?undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by demelza: 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
GSKing: Ehn @demelza, wow!!! You actually made a sensible comment?undecided
Should I be angry about this?
I do make sensible comments sometimes. angry
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
demelza: Should I be angry about this?
I do make sensible comments sometimes. angry

Lol. sometimes...

and most times? grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by demelza: 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
masonkz:

Lol. sometimes...

and most times? grin
You are on your own! grin
I do understand why Gsking made that comment.
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by DonaldGenes(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
Op, if i was in your shoe, i will report the room mate to the school Authorities
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes: Op, if i was in your shoe, i will report the room mate to the school Authorities

of what crime?

and with what evidence? undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by GSKing: 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Lmao...@demelza, c'mon girl, felt like stepping on your toes this evening...grin
Im glad you understood why i posted that... tongue
Okay... You're sensible most of the time not all the time, mind you grin

FYI... I didn't mean my first post...

hugs?smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by demelza: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
GSKing: Lmao...@demelza, c'mon girl, felt like stepping on your toes this evening...grin

hugs?smiley
I knew you were kidding. I am sorry about the transgender thread. If I sounded off, its because I have not been able to wrap my head around the fact that people think God made mistakes.
I am currently educating myself though. On my journey to truly understanding!
*hugs accepted*
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by GSKing: 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
demelza: I knew you were kidding. I am sorry about the transgender thread. If I sounded off, its because I have not been able to wrap my head around the fact that people think God made mistakes.
I am currently educating myself though. On my journey to truly understanding!
*hugs accepted*
Aiit hun... It's great we came to an understanding on that matter...
I'm entitled to my opinion and so is every human being...

I'm sorry about my above post too...

and mr op, sorry for derailing...

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by boniflex(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
GSKing:
Aiit hun... It's great we came to an understanding on that matter...
I'm entitled to my opinion and so is every human being...

I'm sorry for my above post too...

and mr op, sorry for derailing...
its ok
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by mazizitonene(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Buy a new bed undecided.......if he tries anytn funny, pack out! or send him packing!
Dependn on who calls d shots..gbam! #dats all

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by boniflex(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
mazizi tonene: Buy a new bed undecided.......if he tries anytn funny, pack out! or send him packing!
Dependn on who calls d shots..gbam! #dats all
lol, maybe I will give it a try
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by pasqal09: 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
I'd probably buy a gun undecided
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by mazizitonene(m): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
boniflex: lol, maybe I will give it a try
Yea, well it depends on how u guys relate. Like my own roommate, he's abit scared of me (I kinda call d shots) and I like it like that..Even in my absence, he can't try some tnz..If he was gay, we wudnt even let me know, he would just keep it 2himself and act normal, or tell me on a good day and we continue our normal way we were b4, he himself knws he can't try stunt, him knw say I no get time 4 nonsense....just set ur limits let him know..gud luck
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by fruityjojo(f): 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
*YOU RUN 4 ur dear a$s!*
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
masonkz:

Exactly.

I lived in a hostel and I don't remember having a crush on any of my room-mates. We all lived as normal guys, although none of them knew about me.

It doesn't change a damn thing. Gay guys aren't attracted to just any guy they see in their rooms, and I'm sure same applies to the females.
Same thing here.I even switched rooms with some other guys during exams for group studies,I don't remember getting turned on when they go clothless or get extra-hard when we sleep in the same bed.

Even though they had no idea,it wouldn't have changed anything if in 300level they found out I was gay.Glad they didn't.
Thing is,@OP,if you get to acquainted to your roomie,as long as he/she doesn't hit on you,it shouldn't give you headache that the person is gay.

In a situation when the person tells you outrightly from the first day you were paired together in the room.Just understand that he doesn't want you to feel threatened or scared that's why he opened up to you.if you feel uncomfortable,swap rooms and keep the secret to yourself cause no matter what he does to make things look good,you will make life hard for him if you don't accept/mind his s.exual orientation.
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by mazizitonene(m): 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
fruityjojo: *YOU RUN 4 ur dear a$s!*
Fine madam wink
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Gabreal1(m): 12:23am On Dec 08, 2013
GSKing: Lmao...@demelza, c'mon girl, felt like stepping on your toes this evening...grin

hugs?smiley
*clears throat*
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Santi19(m): 4:18am On Dec 08, 2013
Omo, na to go buy iron pant o..
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Dannylux: 6:55am On Dec 08, 2013
I will gladly pack out. I will respect his secrets but living with him is quite risky, anything can happen you know?

Notwithstanding, He doesn't feel attracted to you, just yet, doesn't mean He wouldn't with time? Friendship grows and love may come in. So, to evade the unforeseen(sexual harassment).. PACK OUT!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by fruityjojo(f): 7:16am On Dec 08, 2013
mazizi tonene:
Fine madam wink
smiley tenk u.
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 08, 2013
If you are hung, let your fist do the talking! Only if you're hung.
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2013
I had a room-mate who is gay. That guy is crazy mehn. Then, when I want to collect match-box from him, he will try to touch my arm before standing up from his bed, lolz. I told myself to be calm. I never knew the guy was liking me, choi. Until he told me he love me. Since then, I bought packets of matchbox oh. He dint stop there, he continued pestering me until I shouted at him with stiff warning. That was when he stopped pestering my life.

If you have a gay room-mate and you are very friendly, there's high probability he will start liking you. Please, swap room with a gay or report it to the authority.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by fijiano202(m): 8:48am On Dec 08, 2013
Me go turn to Man with the Iron pant
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Nuzo1(m): 9:08am On Dec 08, 2013
No biggie.

Just move in with a straight roomie or let him/her be. After all, they are human beings too and most are very respectful and mindful of their businesses.

But if he makes a move on you, warn him. If he continues, knock 3 of his front teeth off!
Re: What Do You Do When Your School Roommate Comes Out As Gay Or Lesbian? by Dannylux: 9:23am On Dec 08, 2013
chinziaski: I had a room-mate who is gay. That guy is crazy mehn. Then, when I want to collect match-box from him, he will try to touch my arm before standing up from his bed, lolz. I told myself to be calm. I never knew the guy was liking me, choi. Until he told me he love me. Since then, I bought packets of matchbox oh. He dint stop there, he continued pestering me until I shouted at him with stiff warning. That was when he stopped pestering my life.

If you have a gay room-mate and you are very friendly, there's high probability he will start liking you. Please, swap room with a gay or report it to the authority.

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Too Holy Or Just Plain Heartless? I Want To Marry Her / Nlers What's Ur Take On This? / My Friend's Boyfriend Wants To Date Me !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.