Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo (139201 Views)

See What This Light Skinned Lady Wore To A Club (photo) / Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin And Abuses Dark-skinned Girls..lol / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
Joavid:

Oh please, stop looking for an excuse.
Nigeria mothers always looking for an excuse to bleach their child.

There is no way ori and coconut oil can turn a fair baby to a dark baby.

You can only tan a bit when you apply oil and butters to your skin and go out in the sun.

My niece and nephews use sheabutter and coconut oil since birth, its like a family tradition (they are of different skin tones) and there skin hasn't changed a bit.

Also, most babies appear to have a pinkish skin tone at birth and till the third month so don't use that to judge the skin tone of your kid.

I even feel stupid arguing this.

You said it.

I know too many moms using skin lightening products on their tender little babies in the name of " maintaining their true color" (I'm over here wondering why Nigerians are the only ones that have to "maintain their color"wink. I'm dark as hell but even I was fair when I was born. All babies are. I just wonder why they never say the baby's true color is "coming out" when they start getting darker (like they do when the child is getting lighter). The aversion to dark skin is hella strong with our people.

9 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Joavid:

Light skin Infants who have not started cruising in the sun darken after using the all natural pure shea butter only to lighten back after using coconut oil?

Now, this is new.

LMAO. As if coconut oil and Shea Butter don't have the same effect when you go out in the sun. Naija peeps and stories grin
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Yes this happened to my son and daughter ... three years old and one year plus respectively and they go to school in the sun and rain. And I know other children that Shea butter didn't agree with. Including my self.... Shea butter makes me dark... And am 'very' fair by nature.Copied?

They go in sun after applying shea butter, and get dark.
Then they go in the sun after applying coconut oil and reversed back to light skin.

Nice.

3 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ode
Joavid:

They go in sun after applying shea butter, and get dark.
Then they go in the sun after applying coconut oil and reversed back to light skin.

Nice.
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
SouffleX:

You said it.

I know too many moms using skin lightening products on their tender little babies in the name of " maintaining their true color" (I'm over here wondering why Nigerians are the only ones that have to "maintain their color"wink. I'm dark as hell but even I was fair when I was born. All babies are. I just wonder why they never say the baby's true color is "coming out" when they start getting darker (like they do when the child is getting lighter). The aversion to dark skin is hella strong with our people.

Lol. True talk my sister.

A lot of Niaja moms bleach their kids - fact.

We all know this and but pretend like it doesn't happen.

When they start with "my baby was light before but is now dark..." I just know were the sentence is leading to.

All babies have pinkish skin tone and then they grow into their real skin tone.
I do know that people tan from sun exposure but not drastic like light to dark.

6 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
SouffleX:

LMAO. As if coconut oil and Shea Butter don't have the same effect when you go out in the sun. Naija peeps and stories grin

Pls tell them. Shea butter and coconut oil are both oils.

Applying them in the day time and going in the sun with SPF will make you tan not turn you from light to dark.
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Ama80(f): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
Shea butter and coconut oil also weaken d hair.my centre hairs hav all fallen off bcs I indulged so much in applying sheabutter n coconut oil.my stylist asked me to stop applying them and my hair is back wt just my hair cream

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by OmoKhary(f): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2015
Ama80:
Shea butter and coconut oil also weaken d hair.my centre hairs hav all fallen off bcs I indulged so much in applying sheabutter n coconut oil.my stylist asked me to stop applying them and my hair is back wt just my hair cream
I don't think your hair falling off/breaking had anything to do with the oil because I use them also.I think it could have been due to little or no moisture in your hair.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Vincad: 7:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Ama80:

l agree with OmoKhary.Shea butter alone can not moisturize your hair, it will only seal in the moisture you already have in it. If there is no moisture, then there is nothing to seal in.

4 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Ama80(f): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2015
Vincad:

l agree with OmoKhary.Shea butter alone can not moisturize your hair, it will only seal in the moisture you already have in it. If there is no moisture, then there is nothing to seal in.
so wat shud be d moisturise it seals in,water?
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Vincad: 11:27am On Jul 22, 2015
Ama80:
so wat shud be d moisturise it seals in,water?
Yes water. Not trying to derail this thread but you can also use a leave-in conditioner that has water listed as its first ingredient.

3 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by fdmskincare: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2015
Havin a beautiful skin doesn't necessary require a total complexion change, but nurturing the skin with every rightful need would award u dat youthful n sleek skin u deserve. At FDM skin care n therapeutical we not only grant u dat radiant skin u wish for but care for ur skin as well.
we have varieties of product of ur choice ranging from.

Whitening/lightening cream kit,
Brow sugar glow kit,
Ebony glow kit,
Lightening face cream kit,
Body/face moisturisers (noncomedogenic),
Face scrub,
Face cream for oily n dry face ,
Body scrub to exfoliate d skin,
Herbal black soap,
Lightening liquid soap ,
Glutathione soap,
Glutathione pills,
Beauty oil; gives u dat youthful n plumpy look enrich with vitamins ,Ahas n essential oils,
Stretch marks kit,
Treatment for dark knuckles/elbows/knees/ankles,
Treatment for sunburn/ Melasma,
Treatment for pimples n acne n discolouration,
Treatment for dark spot,
Topical vitamin c powder( l ascorbic)
Prevent ageing n nourishes d skin ,
Pimples extractor steel tool effective in removing (blackhead /white head/pustules n zit ),
Pimples powder,
Herbal Facial marks for oily face n pimples,
Face cleansers ,
After shave oil, prevent bumps n inflammation
Lactic acid 88% 240ml
Etc......
Note
All creams indicted with kit comes along with a face n body scrub n also a sample of d beuaty oil

Add us up on bb 2772A2FA
Or call or watapp us on

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by afrobeauty25(f): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
chai tnk God 4 dis forum, u mean as ppl dy cal me yello nw, usin shea butter 4 mek ppl dy cal me blaky..... D blood of God. Abeg i wana maintain my yello wid tone n glow corrective therapy, has any1 uses it b4? Hw gud or bad is it? Pls help :Dchai tnk God 4 dis forum, u mean as ppl dy cal me yello nw, usin shea butter 4 mek ppl dy cal me blaky..... D blood of God. Abeg i wana maintain my yello wid tone n glow corrective therapy, has any1 uses it b4? Hw gud or bad is it? Pls help
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by homesodear: 4:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Are you ready for the best natural organic skincare of your life? Join us and get the PASSPORT to a new you!
You are invited to register with us for an exclusive organic/natural skincare class. There will both be free time to sit back, get trained and enjoy some yummy snacks, all while enjoying our ultimate skincare training in soap mixes, body butters, body polish, Solid Lotion Bars, Milk lotions, Glow oils mixes, Acne treatments and Stretch marks for skin glowing, natural whitening/Lightening sunburn for skin cell regeneration, moisturizing and health. Feel free to bring a friend or two.

Gate pass N10k

THE FIRST FIVE TO REGISTER GETS FREE RAW MATERIALS TO START WITH!!!!

Payments should be made before train in date.

VENUE: Wellness Place, Second Floor, Buffalo House, 2 Allen, Ikeja. Lagos
Date: 19th September, 2015.
Time: 10am to 4pm.

Please text, whatsapp or give us a ring on 08034917464, BBM PIN: 58FBE604 to book seat reservations. Hurry!

Limited seats available.
(Flawless team)

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by fdmskincare: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Havin a beautiful skin doesn't necessary require a total complexion change, but nurturing the skin with every rightful need would award u dat youthful n sleek skin u deserve. At FDM skin care n therapeutical we not only grant u dat radiant skin u wish for but care for ur skin as well.
we have varieties of product of ur choice ranging from.

Whitening/lightening cream kit,
Brow sugar glow kit,
Ebony glow kit,
Lightening face cream kit,
Body/face moisturisers (noncomedogenic),
Face scrub,
Face cream for oily n dry face ,
Body scrub to exfoliate d skin,
Herbal black soap,
Lightening liquid soap ,
Glutathione soap,
Glutathione pills,
Beauty oil; gives u dat youthful n plumpy look enrich with vitamins ,Ahas n essential oils,
Stretch marks kit,
Treatment for dark knuckles/elbows/knees/ankles,
Treatment for sunburn/ Melasma,
Treatment for pimples n acne n discolouration,
Treatment for dark spot,
Topical vitamin c powder( l ascorbic)
Prevent ageing n nourishes d skin ,
Pimples extractor steel tool effective in removing (blackhead /white head/pustules n zit ),
Pimples powder,
Herbal Facial marks for oily face n pimples,
Face cleansers ,
After shave oil, prevent bumps n inflammation
Lactic acid 88% 240ml
Etc......
Note
All creams indicted with kit comes along with a face n body scrub n also a sample of d beuaty oil

Add us up on bb 2772A2FA
Or call or watapp us on
09039030457 09051394413

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by haranres: 7:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Using natural shea butter will not turn your skin black. But going out in the sun regularly can probably cause your skin to be lightly tanned smiley. But overall it is still good for fair complexioned people. But not sure of the cocoa oil or coconut oil added in some of the refined ones. Its best you stay away from refined and use only the raw natural ones that still contain all the vitamins and nutrients needed for a wonderful looking skin. You can buy some from this link below but i think they do mostly wholesale not retail;- http://www.haranresources.com/shea-butter.html

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
For real... Shea butter messed me up
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Gigihealth: 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Is your skin fading? You may be confused by what I mean about fading skin. When our skin begins to age, the amount of oxygen and nutrients delivered to the skin decreases. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/is-your-skin-fading-tips-to-get-back-that-glow/
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 12:08am On Jul 25, 2016
Helo dear voting starts today morn @10 am to 6 pm in the Fashion section smiley

Dont forget luv; Format to vote is "I vote Falconey Cc NL Jega" Thank u so much!!! cool

TEAMFALCONEY

Cc Magicminister moneyallowed richbanky voctorciza kellyjames5 belamour Akposy kaycee7 suntemi onyi42 upnepaa youngdanarval unitysheart adioolayi herald9 wunmi590 uzolexis enouwem jacksonville caseless kolyk11
shidof Ayima ikekings homesteady Ghost01 uzolexis odkboy23 kelvin0 goldenone Eooj aaamos loomer(pls change ur mind dear) sheylarhh abduljabbar4 henchamb koolpal laurenziz6 Whizzcute papiforreal Goatandyamtheory xmileasy burger01 joshkid weirdman okirewaju anytaij yhemsy62 zeezarapture danbrowndmf hunkyimage jigsawkillah sodiq20 write2obi nnasino adeobalo valmunich shaboti teempakguy asumo12 enegod platform9ja bueze046 abdulaz herexG networkrecharge thiwalade princecalm eurestdeblui bimffo phikom mstiq dtobs Jreyez locosis007 joshkid olihistic edbor refiner neyoor timsonpreye timbuktou capslocked thearchangel bukatyne flirtyjane Wailing Abdul4trust1 shumuel alizma dason4life henrydadon shamecurls iyke1989 olarhtunji kondomatic twentyk stardragon truth234 Goahead Brainnewsng Truth234 gradeA Youmour solexxbarry mopolchi ooshinibos mrlmole darlense saintkel tublez hardboy olatunjithomas shock7 ojun50 Thepeacemaker stupedinluv omoluabi16 ariyebaba Donlino jubrealguy

2 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 12:22am On Jul 25, 2016
Helo dear voting starts today @10 am to 6pm in the Fashion section.

Dont forget luv; format to vote is; "I vote Falconey Cc NL Jega" Thank u so much!!!! cool

TEAMFALCONEY

Cc Oahray
2prexios
Gombs
Speeechless3 and Stupedinluv

2 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2016
Helo dear voting starts today @10 am to 6pm in the Fashion section.

Dont forget luv; format to vote is; "I vote Falconey Cc NL Jega" Thank u so much!!!! cool

TEAMFALCONEY

Saintsamuria
Donbenedict
Biafranbushboy
Pheals
Nature8
illuminada
Bobofashion
Reorxtohgan
Harkym
Theoracle
Spells
Gombs
alt3r3go
ebubesylum
IBBG Acidosis
Bamz Charles4075
Toks2008 Puresolutions
FucktheMods Butchcassidy
Lovelynature
Aremu01
Flexherbal
dollyjoy
darkenkach mikron
emandman
mikolo80
Skywalker001
dmola bobo65
Gbemie
Brethren001
Caringguy
Cutehector
Tens4real egedege1
robincule seunzzy bobo65

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by ThePeacemaker(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2016
LuveU2:
Helo dear voting starts tomorrow morn @10 am to 6 pm in the Fashion section smiley

Dont forget luv; Format to vote is "I vote Falconey Cc NL Jega" Thank u so much!!! cool

TEAMFALCONEY

Cc Magicminister moneyallowed richbanky voctorciza kellyjames5 belamour Akposy kaycee7 suntemi onyi42 upnepaa youngdanarval unitysheart adioolayi herald9 wunmi590 uzolexis enouwem jacksonville caseless kolyk11
shidof Ayima ikekings homesteady Ghost01 uzolexis odkboy23 kelvin0 goldenone Eooj aaamos loomer(pls change ur mind dear) sheylarhh abduljabbar4 henchamb koolpal laurenziz6 Whizzcute papiforreal Goatandyamtheory xmileasy burger01 joshkid weirdman okirewaju anytaij yhemsy62 zeezarapture danbrowndmf hunkyimage jigsawkillah sodiq20 write2obi nnasino adeobalo valmunich shaboti teempakguy asumo12 enegod platform9ja bueze046 abdulaz herexG networkrecharge thiwalade princecalm eurestdeblui bimffo phikom mstiq dtobs Jreyez locosis007 joshkid olihistic edbor refiner neyoor timsonpreye timbuktou capslocked thearchangel bukatyne flirtyjane Wailing Abdul4trust1 shumuel alizma dason4life henrydadon shamecurls iyke1989 olarhtunji kondomatic twentyk stardragon truth234 Goahead Brainnewsng Truth234 gradeA Youmour solexxbarry mopolchi ooshinibos mrlmole darlense saintkel tublez hardboy olatunjithomas shock7 ojun50 Thepeacemaker stupedinluv omoluabi16 ariyebaba Donlino jubrealguy
No probs

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Oahray: 8:16am On Jul 25, 2016
LuveU2:
Helo dear voting starts tomorrow @10 am to 6pm in the Fashion section.

TEAMFALCONEY

Alright... Tomorrow Tuesday 26th? You wrote this 12:22am today.

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 8:19am On Jul 25, 2016
Oahray:
Alright... Tomorrow Tuesday 26th? You wrote this 12:22am today.
Lol i just copied the post without modifying. Its today , Monday cheesy
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
No probs
Its today dear
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Oahray: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2016
LuveU2:
Lol i just copied the post without modifying. Its today , Monday cheesy
thought as much tongue
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2016
Oahray:
thought as much tongue
smiley
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
No probs
Noted
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
LuveU2:
Helo dear voting starts today morn @10 am to 6 pm in the Fashion section smiley

TEAMFALCONEY

Duely observed

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Mprex(f): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
macklef:
Enough of all the overhyped tales of how awesome shea butter is to the skin. Cooooooollll story. Well maybe for dark skinned, chocolate people not light skinned. After 3 months of taking my time to rub shea butter and coconut oil. You will hate wat u see. Those shii are poos.. They make u look shinny when using them, but pls if you wanto know how useless it is just stop it completely for 2wks to a month. U go fear fear. Rubbish oils, now that they have turned a fair me to burnt chocolate, i dont even know what else to do.
my dear. I'm a witness to this. Oyibo like me, Shea butter messed with my skin. It's over a year now and I'm still struggling to get back my complexion. pls if you see any cream that works for you, abeg epp a sister biko ejor
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by LuveU2(f): 11:23am On Aug 01, 2016
Happy new month and a lovely day
Wish to inform you that voting has commenced
Here is the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

Pls dear do remember our voting pattern is: "I vote Falconey Cc NLJega. Thank u so much as you cast your elligible votes!!

TEAM FALCONEY!!!!

Donbenedict
Pheals
Nature8
illuminada
Bobofashion
Reorxtohgan
Harkym
Theoracle
Spells
Gombs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies / Skin Toning Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.