Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs (5201 Views)

‘why I Reverted To My Maiden Name’ - Faithia Balogun / O.b.o's Bears Gone Wild (Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo’s Wife Still Looking Wonderful (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Justblog7: 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2013

Veteran and award winning actor Olu Jacobs and wife Joke Silva have
been married for 27 years now.
While most men would insist their wives change their last names
immediately, Mr Jacobs, in this new interview with .Com
explained why he let his wife maintain her maiden name.
Since you got married, your wife has maintained her maiden
name. Why has she not adopted your own name?
She is her own individual. When I met her, she was an actress known
as Joke Silva so why should marrying me now deny her and her
audience her name. She is Miss Joke Silva who is Mrs. Joke Jacobs.
It is as simple as that. People now begin to say what they like. They
have even written that we are separated and all sort of stuffs. When
she is working, she is Joke Silva but she is Mrs. Joke Jacobs at
home.
Aside: Network in my area has been sooo poor since yesterday. I've
been on my laptop all day today but can't publish posts. Had to
switch from MTN to Airtel, still no major difference. Mbok, bear with
me.

http://www..com/2013/12/why-my-wife-still-bears-her-maiden-name.html

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Polio: 11:11pm On Dec 07, 2013
Love this... I said the same to my lady from day one, dont feel you have to change names .. Do you, love me, love you, love us!

2 Likes

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by homesteady(m): 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
Polio: Love this... I said the same to my lady from day one, dont feel you have to change names .. Do you, love me, love you, love us!
You are married? Like seriously shocked cool!
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Fynestboi: 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Interesting!!!
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by slimyem: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
He really doesn't owe anyone an explanation. He is a reasonable Naija husband.

They are an oustanding pair. cool

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by quivah(f): 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Erm only 1/10 dudes will reason this way..

Most of Dem go carry name(ehn! Its african culture dem go say)for head like dread lock ..
I just dont understand how names show the bloodline..

If the surname shows the bloodline then every 'George' for area go be my family .

3 Likes

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Polio: 12:00am On Dec 08, 2013
homesteady:
You are married? Like seriously shocked cool!

cheesy ... r u surprised?
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by homesteady(m): 12:04am On Dec 08, 2013
Polio:

cheesy ... r u surprised?
Ehen na! grin
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Polio: 12:27am On Dec 08, 2013
homesteady:
Ehen na! grin

wink
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by tpia5: 12:38am On Dec 08, 2013
who was pokenosing into their private matters?

its very rude to be asking him that kind of f.oolish question, was the asker senseless or something?

and why did he dignify the question with a reply? He shouldnt have bothered.
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Polio: 1:38am On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

its very rude to be asking him that kind of f.oolish question, was the asker senseless or something?

Shuuuush.... you reign supreme when it comes to asking silly, dimwitted, dumb and daft questions ..... hypocrite!

On a flipside, i aint seen you trolling around in a while, were you banned undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by quivah(f): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

SMH..!
Its rude? There are more private matters that had been ask from celebs,I dont see this particular one has being more private..
If he feels it is 'rude',he wouldn't answer it..but shame! He did and it aint your business to think otherwise pttfff

He dignity the q coz he has got a brain!..
Sense no dey market,once you lose it. Its gone!

Did you husband leave you coz you refused to drop your father's name?!!
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Dannylux: 6:49am On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

Smh, this girl again? undecided

Always talking outta the box.

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by slimyem: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2013
^^^or you meant to say. "this woman again"??
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by abdulkayus(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2013
Even Islamically, its nt a must a woman must change her surname to that of d husband. She is suppose to continue bearin her father's name. Bearin of husband surname is a western culture. And it look like as if he has acquire a property in d name of a wife.
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2013
I love his reason,I love men that give their women some level of independence,specially when it comes to their profession.

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Fkforyou(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

Supposing you studied physics you would have been a genius,unfortunately this is not physics
@OP....there is no big deal,my mum still bears her maden-name till date and nobody in my family is complaining.

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
That is what happens when a woman marries an exposed, suave,cosmopolitan and educated,african by skin not behaviour kind of man.

Sebi there was a thread where someone asked whether it is compulsory for a woman to change her name after marriage.you wan try insults. Ehen,pepese o,even if she is alakija,billgates,president of the world,she has to change her surname if she still wants to live with me or be my wife,i am the head of the home,i have the final say over her life,except if i did not pay her bride price, oko lolori aya,this is africa,i married her she did not marry me.you need to see african chauvenism and crude ego flying all over that thread.

Anyway it takes an educated and refined man to see issues like this this way because there are many educated and crude/unrefined african man that no matter the level of education and exposure,that crudeness cannot be washed away

3 Likes

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by tomzman: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is the definition of a true couple. I so much admire them.

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Every man has his way of running his family. Saying the man is this and that does not reduce the importance of bearing the surname of the man you are married to.
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by tpia5: 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
slimyem: ^^^or you meant to say. "this woman again"??

madam, stay out of anything that concerns me, thanks.

you're rather too smug and amoral for my liking. Not to mention satanic.

Its amazing even with what you view in the news everyday, you still do not see enough reason to knock sense into your head.

are you a spring chicken yourself, or havent you seen 30 many many moons ago? if you havent, why take pride in your s.tupidity.

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by tpia5: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
quivah:
SMH..!
Its rude? There are more private matters that had been ask from celebs,I dont see this particular one has being more private..
If he feels it is 'rude',he wouldn't answer it..but shame! He did and it aint your business to think otherwise pttfff

He dignity the q coz he has got a brain!..
Sense no dey market,once you lose it. Its gone!

Did you husband leave you coz you refused to drop your father's name?!!

shup up plz.

the question was out of place and he didnt need to dignify it with an answer. The asker was very s.tupid.

If Joke Silva has been married all this while and everybody knows her husband then why bring up the issue at all. Extremely rude and mannerless reporter.

your dropping your own father's name and even licking your husband's pant as well, is no guarantee you will ever keep a man, so stow it bozo!

all these amebos who never face their sorry lives but must constantly be looking like witches at other people's own.
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by quivah(f): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
^ whats your effing business with what questions should b asked or not?

The man answered the q ,how does it pained you?
Its no business of yours if he should ans it or not and he definitely has got medulla to see the q to be OK..

Learn the works of reporters... I just don't see how he/she was rude! Tsww!

I bet you would have stoned the reporter if it were you..
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
tpia just dey para
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Polio: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tpia is insane... Sure thing i swear!

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Stunner1(f): 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

Its amazing even with what you view in the news everyday, you still do not see enough reason to knock sense into your head

are you a spring chicken yourself, or havent you seen 30 many many moons ago? if you havent, why take pride in your s.tupidity.

lmfao see insult hehehe o ti binu niyen ooo grin
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by slimyem: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

Its amazing even with what you view in the news everyday, you still do not see enough reason to knock sense into your head.

Why are you so pained?

Is being so old too unpalatable a tag to wear?

What has what I view in the news got to do with the fact that you are a miserable grumpy woman with mostly twisted views and warped perceptions?

If I've seen 30 many moons ago,I'd glory in it not carry bile inside of me everywhere I go just like you do.

...and btw,I'll stay in anything I choose to on NL regardless of who it concerns. You should have gotten used to it by now. If you haven't though,please do. I'm your cancer!!!

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by tpia5: 6:18am On Dec 09, 2013
^you want to die on top seun's site you cretinous witch?

go ahead then, e be like say you already know.

better talk to Jesus before you quench, its not too late yet.

your diseases are for your followers and whoever likes your posts.

na that one you dey dash them, iran asinwin.
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by tpia5: 6:19am On Dec 09, 2013
#1-stunner:

lmfao see insult hehehe o ti binu niyen ooo grin

binu si oponu meji?

just putting them in their place in the gutter thats all.

they're more comfortable with muck.
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Caracta(f): 6:56am On Dec 09, 2013
Woooooooaaaah!!! shocked

@topic, don't you just love them? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by LesbianBoy(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2013
Olu jacobs might be a good actor but the old man na BIG MUMU for allowing his wife joke silva stick with her maiden name after marriage! This is nigeria and a woman (whether she likes it or not) MUST answer her husband name! If she is not ready to do that, then she should be a 'real woman' and propose to her man, pay his groom price and sponsor their wedding! That way she can stick with her maiden name. Simple! Anyways sha, i just thank God majority of nigeria men don't think the way he does when it comes to issues like this!
Re: Why My Wife Still Bears Her Maiden Name - Olujacobs by Polio: 9:51am On Dec 11, 2013
Tpia has ruined this thread.... What the hell is wrong with you woman?! angry

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Set To Release 352-page Hardcover Photo Book Selfies / #bbnaija: Who Noticed This Unusual Thing With Cee-c During Eviction Of Alex? / ”I Was Born As A Boy But Right Now, I Am Changing To A Beautiful Lady” (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.