Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences (1853 Views)

Rearrange These Jumbled Words To Make Meaningful Sentences / Continue The Story (Umuata) / Continue The (Lola) Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Blaqking(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2013
Let's play a literary game called "Continue The Story"
I'll start telling a story set in a fictional pre-colonial yoruba village. I'll stop after FIVE sentences though.
The 1st person to comment is to quote the story n continue from where i stopped by adding his/her own FIVE or less sentences. The next person to comment is to continue form where the previous ended...

(nobody is permitted to write more than 5 sentences at a time)

That way we tell a single story in a long thread!

THE STORY:

He could see the anger on the aging barks of the tall trees, and the disgust in the veins of their leaves. He could feel vengeance in the spines of the knee-tall grasses and malice in the relentless lashes of the unforgiving crawlers. The entire forest wanted him to stop running, but he couldn't, his life depended on not stopping.

Akande just kept running like a blind antelope, hoping to outrun his pursuer, his girlfriend's hunter father and his blood-thirsty shakabula gun. The vegetation ahead, though, had a different plan for him...
Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Irshittabey: 11:43am On Dec 09, 2013
Blaq king: Let's play a literary game called "Continue The Story"
I'll start telling a story set in a fictional pre-colonial yoruba village. I'll stop after FIVE sentences though.
The 1st person to comment is to quote the story n continue from where i stopped by adding his/her own FIVE or less sentences. The next person to comment is to continue form where the previous ended...

(nobody is permitted to write more than 5 sentences at a time)

That way we tell a single story in a long thread!

THE STORY:

He could see the anger on the aging barks of the tall trees, and the disgust in the veins of their leaves. He could feel vengeance in the spines of the knee-tall grasses and malice in the relentless lashes of the unforgiving crawlers. The entire forest wanted him to stop running, but he couldn't, his life depended on not stopping.

Akande just kept running like a blind antelope, hoping to outrun his pursuer, his girlfriend's hunter father and his blood-thirsty shakabula gun. The vegetation ahead, though, had a different plan for him...
The forest was so thick and dark,and he kept running in such a haphazard manner,and always turning back to glimpse at his scary looking pursuer. Then all of a sudden a great rock lay ahead,it was hidden before by the thick vegetation,now there was no way to escape.when he got to the rock,he couldn't go right or left because it was rock there too and behind him was his pursuer and the forest,what would he do now? Then he heard a voice"oh you stranger to enter the rock knock on the rock thrice" and so Akande couldn't think of anything else to escape his pursuer other than to enter the rock. Initialy he called out to ask who it was that spoke,but since there was no response,and his pursuer was gaining on him he knocked the rock thrice,and voila! he was in the rock safe from his pursuer, but he knows not what awaits him in the rock's cave.
Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Blaqking(m): 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Irshittabey:
The forest was so thick and dark,and he kept running in such a haphazard manner,and always turning back to glimpse at his scary looking pursuer. Then all of a sudden a great rock lay ahead,it was hidden before by the thick vegetation,now there was no way to escape.when he got to the rock,he couldn't go right or left because it was rock there too and behind him was his pursuer and the forest,what would he do now? Then he heard a voice"oh you stranger to enter the rock knock on the rock thrice" and so Akande couldn't think of anything else to escape his pursuer other than to enter the rock. Initialy he called out to ask who it was that spoke,but since there was no response,and his pursuer was gaining on him he knocked the rock thrice,and voila! he was in the rock safe from his pursuer, but he knows not what awaits him in the rock's cave.

After the initial disorientation Akande experienced on entering the cave, he took a good look around the mysterious space and a new kind of fear crept into his essence.
"By eledumare!" Instead of being in a cave, he found himself in the middle of a sleeping town. He looked more and through his fear, he noticed the huts were sturdier than any he's ever seen in all his twenty years, much taller and strangely built. The sky was the colour of blood n the vegetation around him had the colour of the inside of a ripe pawpaw, "E'duwa! I'm in the land of the dead!"
"No, you are not," a playful voice suddenly said beside him, making him jump "I didn't mean to scare you, but you are not in the land of the dead, you're in Il'orisha! The land of the gods!"
Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Ashley2389: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Blaq king:

After the initial disorientation Akande experienced on entering the cave, he took a good look around the mysterious space and a new kind of fear crept into his essence.
"By eledumare!" Instead of being in a cave, he found himself in the middle of a sleeping town. He looked more and through his fear, he noticed the huts were sturdier than any he's ever seen in all his twenty years, much taller and strangely built. The sky was the colour of blood n the vegetation around him had the colour of the inside of a ripe pawpaw, "E'duwa! I'm in the land of the dead!"
"No, you are not," a playful voice suddenly said beside him, making him jump "I didn't mean to scare you, but you are not in the land of the dead, you're in Il'orisha! The land of the gods!"
"what!" Akande shouted out of shock, he was scared and fear was written all over him, he looked around with bulging eyes and the sight terrified him, he had heard of this place, especially from Odewale his grand father, he had been told scary stories of this place and he had doubted its existence, Akande turned back to see if he would find an exit at least a way to return back into the forest but there was none, it was like he was in the middle of a village.

As Akande eyes swelled with tears, his legs began to shake, he had thought there was nothing was than the shakabula but here he is wishing he had waited for that gun at least he could try to beg the hunter or better still that death would be fast and easy.

1 Like

Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
There was little he could do now but to explore and see if possible he could find favor and mercy in this strange land-The land of the gods.

He turned to face the voice,the playful one,that voice is friendly enough he thought.

He saw a child-like creature standing beside him smiling up at him. Its body was a shade of black,red and white. Like a child's painting,the colours were all together.

I know why you are here,it said. Akande's heart sunk further,death has never been far from him,so they had to bring him here to get divine judgement,wasn't death on Earth better than the one he would receive here.

Don't be afraid you have been called here for a reason,it smiled but it wasn't helping Akande who was already wetting his pants.
Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by ThankGodEdeh(m): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
A reason! Akande mumbled. Yes, a reason. You have been chosen by the gods of the land and the gods of your ancestors to liberate your people. You were chosen because amongst your kind, you have the purest of hearts.
Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Blaqking(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2013
"Purest of heart!" Despite his melancholic emotions, Akande had to laugh at that! Purest of heart indeed! The child-like creature must've been talking to the wrong person, or he's a joker! "me, purest of heart? Do you even know why my girlfriend's father wants to kill me?"

1 Like

Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by SexyFox(f): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
The child like creature look at him and said "the gods sees all, and hears all and knows what you are going through, So don't be afraid, you are the chosen one to set your people free".
Akande was just dumbfounded. He was begining to feel as if he was in a dream world, he has to pinch himself to confirm if this was a dream or not.
Re: Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2013
It wasn't a dream,the pinch was that painful.
Are you trying to draw blood? Dont its forbidden here,if your blood should mistaken drop you will be used as a sacrifice.

Akande swallowed his fear noisily.
Come lets go they are waiting for us

Who are they? Akande asked
The elders,the council members you know them.

I dont he replied,you do the child--like creature answered your grandfather told you about them.

By the way dont stare too much at the gods they dont like it. Come follow me they are waiting.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sunset In The Ancient City(benin)- Overhypedsteve / Need Endorsement For My Next Book, Pls(here's The First 2 Chapters). / Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.