Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) (32602 Views)

Burning Bus At Toll Gate 7up Going To BERGER / LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal / Cotonou Car Market Vs Berger Lagos Car Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
zicky:

Mr man don't say what you don't know, who told you Nigeria has d highest road accident,have you seen statistics of road accident in Africa not 2 talk of d world, abeg no misinform peeps here.
Radio without battery

Mr Man said "one of the highest", not "the highest."

The words "one of" make all the difference.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by sammyyoung2(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
andyanetor: I was once involved in an accident on this very same spot in 2010. And from the pictures i see, there seems to have played a similar scenario with mine. Ours was caused by the Police, who set up an illegal road-block on this very steep slope. Loads of cars occupied all three lanes and stretched for about 50 meters.

I began to hear loud bangs from behind me while i waited on the illegal police road-block queue. Immediately i looked behind me, there came this DANGOTE ''Out of Control Freight-Liner Trailer'', smashing vehicles from behind and coming straight at us. Few seconds later, it was my turn for impact.

God saved myself and my friend that day. I still have the pictures of our car and the cars behind and in front of us that some of the passengers didn't make it out. The trailer was fully loaded with sugar. Two Mazda buses derailed the trailer and it eventually stopped on top of them, trapping the occupants and making sure no one came out. The trailer burst into huge flame immediately it stopped, and roasted occupants in both buses and surrounding vehicles.

Area youths got angry and headed for the Police guys who had long scampered, firing gun-shots into the air. One of the Police guys couldn't make it to the vehicle, and ran with his gun to the Statue (Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa) that welcomes you into Lagos. He was firing warning shots from there.

Before Mobile Police men eventually arrived the scene and tear-gassed everyone (Protesting Youths, wounded passengers & Travellers coming into Lagos)

The Nigeria Police was quick to dissociate itself by the next morning in National papers, that it had never posted nor assigned any of its officials to that highway spot and as such, The Nigeria Police was not in any way the cause of the Accident.

I laughed.

Cheers Nigerians.

i remember this accident!
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Gold45(f): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
BUSH.HUNTER:
THE Only thinG Those foolz care abt Is to make FrontPage but if is ur One of ur Family Member am very sure they will be no SNAPPING AND they will be No POSTING of VIctimz....................

Ignorants Pls save Life FIRST!!!

Really getting pissed with people who don't think before they type.
What part of he met the cars don't you understand?
When they go out and fumble like this, foreigners will be like Nigerians are dumb angry
BUSH.HUNTER:
THE Only thinG Those foolz care abt Is to make FrontPage but if is ur One of ur Family Member am very sure they will be no SNAPPING AND they will be No POSTING of VIctimz....................

Ignorants Pls save Life FIRST!!!

Really getting pissed with people who don't think before they type.
What part of he met the cars don't you understand?
When they go out and fumble like this, foreigners will be like Nigerians are dumb
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Pukkah: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Siena:

Mr Man said "one of the highest", not "the highest."

The words "one of" make all the difference.

Thank you. You've cracked it for him. cheesy

I was actually waiting for what his explanation would be. He rushed into insults without reading.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by zicky(m): 12:06am On Dec 10, 2013
Pukkah:

Look at this:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144588-1000-nigerians-die-road-accidents-7-months-frsc-boss.html

It was reported that more than 1,000 people died in road accidents between March and September this year.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/78078-frscs-scary-statistics-road-crashes-nigeria.html

It was reported that there were 280 deaths from 480 crashes in just two weeks! (December 19, 2012 and January 3, 2013)

http://www.frscinsight.com/?p=24723

In 2011, 3,000 people reportedly died in 2,235 accidents. This is an excerpt from the page:

In January to June 2012 (6 months), 1,936 people were killed by road accidents.
http://www.envisionnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&&view=article&id=1540&Itemid=%20138

Note that the figures are believed to be higher with many incidents unreported.

Visit these links to see Nigeria's position:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2011/may/11/most-dangerous-roads

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/road-traffic-accidents/by-country/

Now, read again what I earlier wrote that 'Nigeria has one of the highest rate of road accidents in the world' and prove me wrong. If you can't do this, I expect your apology for the needless abuse.

If I understand what you mean by "one of d highest" like Nigeria is in d top 10 or 20, accident rate is high but not one of the highest even in Africa, dnt mislead pple get a collective data of accident rate in d world n compare.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by zicky(m): 12:09am On Dec 10, 2013
Some highlights from the data:
• while low and middle-income countries are home to less
than 50% of the world's registered vehicles, 90% of the
world's road traffic deaths occur in developing countries
• India has the highest absolute number of recorded road
deaths (105,725), followed by China (96,611), the US
(42,642) and Russia (35,972). In comparison, the UK has
3,298 recorded road deaths
• when you look at recorded road deaths proportional to a
country's population, the Cook Islands comes out on top
(45.0 road deaths per 100,000 people), followed by Libya
(34.7), South Africa (33.2) and Iran (32.2)
• according to WHO estimates, Artery is home to the
highest concentration of road deaths (48.4 per 100,000
people), followed by the Cook Islands, Egypt and Libya.
www.theguardian.com>News>globaldevelopment
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by excelsa(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2013
We just confirmed that we lost a Reader and two children in dat accident. May God comfort the wife and their families.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Pukkah: 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
zicky:

If I understand what you mean by "one of d highest" like Nigeria is in d top 10 or 20, accident rate is high but not one of the highest even in Africa, dnt mislead pple get a collective data of accident rate in d world n compare.

I didn't mention Africa in my post.

How many countries in the world has higher rates of accidents than Nigeria?
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Pukkah: 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
zicky:

Where are you? This debate is not over yet.

Address the issues I raised or apologize for the insult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Supercars From Countries You Wouldn’t Expect (photos) / The 1936 Bugatti Type 57sc: Is This The Most Beautiful Car In The World? / Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.