Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access (2232 Views)

How To Create An Android Application Using Java / Need Help On Atm Application Using Console Application In Vb.net / Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 10:13am On Dec 08, 2013
Hi gurus in d aos.am kinda curios.wanna know if its possible to redesign,customize excel or access to behave like a full accounting app like peachtree or quickbook,which am very much familiar with given ma acc bakground.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by csharpjava(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2013
You can but it won't look as good and powerful as peachtree or quickbook.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
@csharpjava ao does one start,atleast developing sometin simple for some small business
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by csharpjava(m): 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
You can start with excel and access.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Yea,exactly!!ma kwestion exactly is wat do I need to know in oda to customise them to function like an acc app.I know excel and access much enof for everyday work.wat I want to know is how do go abt making either them function like an acc app.do I need any programming language
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by csharpjava(m): 11:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
You need to learn Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO)
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2013
Ok,tanx dude!
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by kambo(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
If ur an accountant then think like a business professional.
Hire professionals to implement ur idea instead of tryg to learn on ur own. It will take a long time for u to come up with a polished and efficient product.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmm well @kambo what makes u think its gonna take me a long time.just lookin for a new hobby dude and mind u i do web design when i want to.just on a new adventure dis time.thanks anyway,idea is dully noted
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by koladata(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bear in mind that access would have been the best for this, but access as a limitation of 2GB. i'e when the database get filled up to 2GB you can post anymore.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2013
My friend, your knowledge with the mentioned apps and Web design has just a little to do with what you are talking about it. Knowing how to use things that works is different from knowing on how to make things work.
Employ the knowledge of a programmer to develop your idea. MySQL is most preferred DB for business application development.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Guys!!is there anytin wrong wit one knowing wat u know.6months is all I need.thnx @csharpjava and @koladata.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by kambo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
donstevewrites: Guys!!is there anytin wrong wit one knowing wat u know.6months is all I need.thnx @csharpjava and @koladata.

there's nothg wrng and nobody can stp u from knwg if u r determined. But it will take time to learn and longer to create professional level work.
A long time.
That's y you get suggestions to get professionals to implement ur idea for you, so you can quickly bring the product to market and hopefully,make money.
Tht's how enterprenuers think.
And as an accountnt/business professional tht kinda thinkg was expectd of u.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by donstevewrites: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
@kambo I neva said I was bringing a product to d mkt.I only asked if it was possible to do somtin like that.and @csharpjava said it was.I neva said I had an idea.read ma 1st post dude.ppl like u,from ur comment,seems a beginer.
Re: Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access by airsaylongcon: 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
What you are trying to accomplish is like trying to dig a well with a spoon. It can be done but you very well know it will be very inefficient, unnecessarily long and the well will be, well...

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Nigeria Made Football Live Score App - Footnob / Tutorial: Object Oriented Programming Paradigm For Beginners in Python / BRING YOUR DRIVE & GET These IN-DEMAND SKILLS - (uPDATED 2021)- ANYTHING U WANT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.