Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves (26101 Views)

Update on the armed robbery attack on Eko Bridge this morning / Car Thieves At FCMB Rumumasi In Port Harcourt Caught (Graphic Photos) / Alleged Pepper Thief, Stripped & Tortured (Video) - Viewers' Discretion Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Alleged Pepper Thief, Stripped & Tortured

This update is by Ejigbo Local Govt Council Chairman Kehinde Bamigbetan. The incident was suspected to have happened in his area cos in the video, one of the victims had mentioned Iyana Ejigbo. According to Kehinde:

I promised an update in 24 hours:

This incident took place in the central market, Iyana Ejigbo, Ejigbo LCDA in February 2013. The pepper sellers normally leave their goods in their stalls. They returned the next day to discover that their goods were being stolen. They reported this to the vigilante they hired to secure the market.

About 6am, the two women were allegedly caught stealing pepper. They were a wife and her step-daughter. They lived near the market with the husband. The husband is said to be a wine tapper.

After the barbaric torture, both confessed to stealing the pepper and were let go. However, a few members of the vigilante feared that the case may spread. And informed the leadership of the vigilante group. Those involved were allegedly penalized and the gang disbanded.

The scene was then converted to shops and rented out. I have reviewed these with the DPO and both of us are bothered by the impact of the time lag of over nine months on investigation. This may also explain the initial denials by the stakeholders.

We are working on getting the wine tapper to trace his wife and daughter involved. If he has not relocated from Ejigbo, then we have a good chance of retrieving information and tracking the story.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/12/update-on-2-ladies-abused-by-area-boys.html

9 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by forumcitizens: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Not again. embarassed
Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by bigtt76(f): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
....SO?

1 Like

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
forumcitizens: Not again. embarassed
cool cool

I wonder why someone would steal pepper. Still doesn't make her go through torture from those he-goats. If she had stole something very expensive,lord knows what they would have done to her.

1 Like

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
berem: cool cool

I wonder why someone would steal pepper. Still doesn't make her go through torture from those he-goats. If she had stole something very expensive,lord knows what they would have done to her.
she's a thief.........and I'm not touched emotionally by the torture she went through......trim their branches now before they go big like iroko tree and start busting shops at idumota markets

Nansense......rubbish ladies to womanhood......if I hear say I pity them......what did the guys do to them self? Msteww! Na small thing them do am naa! Just insert something for her nyansh.......its a justified course,because she stole......what that peper means to thos traders is what money means to the kids of those traders.....and from the content up here,this is not their first time......just because is pepper doesn't mean it not worth the same electronic shops of LG or samsung

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by gerald09(m): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
When wuld Nigerians learn, stealing peper, laptops, cell fones only gets u killed or publicly bartered but stealing N2billion of public fund, now dat gets u a village, state and federal title, church/mosque recognition, n public celebration. U don't even have to worry about does id*iot called EFCC, if dey near u just cry out "political witch hunt" or Tribal/religion crime n stand by n watch Nigerians fight for u while u relax and enjoy ur loot.

17 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by babseg(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: she's a thief.........and I'm not touched emotionally by the torture she went through......trim their branches now before they go big like iroko tree and start busting shops at idumota markets

Nansense......rubbish ladies to womanhood......if I hear say I pity them......what did the guys do to them self? Msteww! Na small thing them do am naa! Just insert something for her nyansh.......its a justified course,because she stole......what that peper means to thos traders is what money means to the kids of those traders.....and from the content up here,this is not their first time......just because is pepper doesn't mean it not worth the same electronic shops of LG or samsung

You ain't human angry

35 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
babseg:

You ain't human angry
call me anything....I wrote the truth!!.......no torture is too much for a potential highway robber! Nansense!

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by DonHummer(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: she's a thief.........and I'm not touched emotionally by the torture she went through......trim their branches now before they go big like iroko tree and start busting shops at idumota markets

Are you sure you were conceived as a result of love making cause from your statement i can tell that you didnt receive those parental love as a minor...

21 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Alleinad(f): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
gerald09: When wuld Nigerians learn, stealing peper, laptops, cell fones only gets u killed or publicly bartered but stealing N2billion of public fund, now dat gets u a village, state and federal title, church/mosque recognition, n public celebration. U don't even have to worry about does id*iot called EFCC, if dey near u just cry out "political witch hunt" or Tribal/religion crime n stand by n watch Nigerians fight for u while u relax and enjoy ur loot.
am tired of Nigerians and these stupidity. they carryout their furstrations on ppl who r also jst trying to mk ends meet. when will I see such treatment given to those stealing billions in this country??

1 Like

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Alleinad(f): 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2013

you are heartless. jeez........

8 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
DonHummer:
Are you sure you were conceived as a result of love making cause from your statement i can tell that you didnt receive those parental love as a minor...
o should be the one asking you that........I don't support thief.......if you can't eradicate their parent now......they will give birth to the type of leaders that loot nigeria in future.....so let them be dealt with......if we can't trim them when they are young......then we will be making the same mistake we made by leaving our leaders live not to talk about looting this Great Nation

4 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Alleinad:
you are heartless. jeez........
because I didn't concur with the pitiable display here right? So I'm now a heartless person? Then I give up! I'm heartless is just the way I live my life.....no love no pity......that's the best way to live in this crazy world

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Jakumo(m): 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
Those sadistic rhapists were looking for ANY excuse to attack, strip, humiliate and even kill a woman. Those creatures are truly hideous excuses for human beings who need to be locked up QUICKLY in the interest of public safety, and to serve notice that Nigeria RESPECTS the civil rights of her women, and will NOT tolerate mob justice against ANYONE, regardless of gender.

An example needs to be made of the devilish monsters who set upon defenceless women, and had the audacity to tape their crime of assault with intent to kill. Let the governor of the state where this horrid crime occurred round up those savages, and throw them in jail where they can rot until hell freezes over, for what they have done.

Boll2010 your cold-hearted, hateful mentality, and obvious support for mob justice against NON-violent suspects, is tragically common on the mean streets of Nigeria's towns and cities. By your callous comments, you show yourelf to be the sort of de-sensitized, permanently angry sociopath who would eagerly participate in the beating to death of another human being in the street, and then later pray to a God with those blood-soaked hands, asking for blessings to reward prolific worship.

The abject cruelty of your vacant soul, and your support of unjustifyable violence against women, will never change for as long as you waste our planet's precious oxygen, Boll2010, so there is no point attempting to understand how your particular variant of criminal psychosis originated, as you charge dementedly through your wasted, sorry life, in search of victims to hurt or kill. Frankly, you belong in a cage, sir.

Have a nice day, if you can tell the difference

43 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
has that change the fact that this woman here is a thief.....she's got a kid for fu!ck sake.!!!!!......and how do you expect a thief to train a kid! While the kid wiLl later turn to a looter!......see I don't have violence mind towards ladies....but I see the true and tell it undiluted!.......what's the difference between a basket of pepper thief and a million thief? They are both thief!!! Trim them now so they won't grow broad!!!

I support any torture given to this lady so far! I mean so far!!! She's not killed.........when you get to police torturing unit! You will see to yourself what police does to criminal just to get the truth!! See my home has been robbed before,though not home! And lord knows,people said they should thank their stars they never met me.....cuz what I will do! Their next generation won't steal!!! Whether small or large she's a criminal........why should you blame me.....blame the government for endorsing VIGILANTES........blame the government for not giving good conduct when admitting this men!........see I personally have tried to hunt down a vigilante who hit my friend with a gun on his head few days to exam......who is not a thief....blood soaked his white t-shirt.....no justice......I have been stopped by VIGILAnte around 10pm I complied and left them.........see she got what she desrved she's a thief........and the law dealt with her according to their code of conduct!

11 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Alleinad(f): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: because I didn't concur with the pitiable display here right? So I'm now a heartless person? Then I give up! I'm heartless is just the way I live my life.....no love no pity......that's the best way to live in this crazy world
hatred does not create love. violence does not bring peace.

1 Like

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Alleinad:
hatred does not create love. violence does not bring peace.
I'm not bin'ladin.....see it is just the way this life was structured.......don't trust,don't love,don't pity.......always watch your back......and only stand for yourself......I'm no hater.

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by 4Play(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: I'm not bin'ladin.....see it is just the way this life was structured.......don't trust,don't love,don't pity.......always watch your back......and only stand for yourself......I'm no hater.

You see as it merely adopting a zero tolerance approach to theft but it isn't what this story is about. This is about Nigerians' callous attitude to the poor. If Tinubu, Oduah or your local yahoo yahoo guy walks down the street, mob violence would not occur despite everyone knowing that these are thieves.

6 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Jakumo(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: [size=18]I support any torture given to this lady[/size]

Listen to yourself, you hate-mongering, impotently angry little boy. Your impudence is about to be rewarded in full measure.

The female Goddess of Rivers, Oya, has now officially placed an active curse on you, in direct response to the poisonous words flowing like sewage water from your rabid fish-mouth. The offerings are floating downstream in the calabash, with your name written on the white cloth that is stained with red oil and the arterial blood from 3 guinea fowls.

Your destiny is as follows : The cancerous hatred which fills your soul will drown you, very slowly, as that current of bile flows to infect your every internal organ in sequence. Have a nice voyage, hater of women. Your fate is now signed and sealed by the Goddess of Rivers, before whom there can be no appeal.

8 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Jakumo:

Listen to yourself, you hate-mongering, impotently angry little boy. Your impudence is about to be rewarded in full measure.

The female Goddess of Rivers, Oya, has now officially placed an active curse on you, in direct response to the poisonous words flowing like sewage water from your rabid fish-mouth. The offerings are floating downstream in the calabash, with your name written on the white cloth that is stained with red oil and the arterial blood from 3 guinea fowls.

Your destiny is as follows : The cancerous hatred which fills your soul will drown you, very slowly, as that current of bile flows to infect your every internal organ in sequence. Have a nice voyage, hater of women. Your fate is now signed and sealed by the Goddess of Rivers, before whom there can be no appeal.
young man are you threatening me? Cuz I spoke my mind? So you had to curse people......definitely that curse aint for me.......cuz I wasn't born to be that way!.......so to what you said! May God forgive you cuz you don't know me but you chose to curse!

6 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Omexonomy: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2013

assuming you are right what will then be the punishment of bank-ole, fash-ole tinunb-ole and gej-ole ?
Be honest to urself.
Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
4 Play:

You see as it merely adopting a zero tolerance approach to theft but it isn't what this story is about. This is about Nigerians' callous attitude to the poor. If Tinubu, Oduah or your local yahoo yahoo guy walks down the street, mob violence would not occur despite everyone knowing that these are thieves.
I understand your point....but if you say she's poor and we should allow her continue with stealing.......don't you think she will graduate to another stage? How do you expect her to train her children?in what manners? They will later turn the real looters of tomorrow.....but I'm definitely sure with what this lady experience! She will keep telling are unborn kids from kin to kin never to steal!......those people she stole from also have kids they feed with the money they gain from pepper selling bro!

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Omexonomy: 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
I guess It is only on nairaland that two wrongs make right.
We all know he his wrong and you too.
Jakumo:

6 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
Omexonomy: assuming you are right what will then be the punishment of bank-ole, fash-ole tinunb-ole and gej-ole ?
Be honest to urself.
bro if I am the one in the chance to drag them! I will do to them what this ladies experienced cuz they both stole irrespective of the gravity of stealing......and they are born the same way.......I remembered my encounter with LG chiarman me and my colleagues ,we drag the hell out of the man......we shut down complete LG secretariat though we in group as a student.......what we fought for then was a Transformer.....which these looters denied us....I left the area but my appraisals are there in the mouth of the inhabitants cuz I fought with might.....I'm proud to see a transformer there!!! We just have to make that change bro........I only don't support lynching and killing!

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by 4Play(m): 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: I understand your point....but if you say she's poor and we should allow her continue with stealing.......don't you think she will graduate to another stage? How do you expect her to train her children?in what manners? They will later turn the real looters of tomorrow.....but I'm definitely sure with what this lady experience! She will keep telling are unborn kids from kin to kin never to steal!......those people she stole from also have kids they feed with the money they gain from pepper selling bro!

Theft is wrong because it infringes on the victim's property rights. Mob justice is wrong because it infringes on the victim's right of a fair hearing, besides being disproportionate. 2 wrongs don't make a right is a trite saying but is very apt here. The problem in Nigeria is that we need to create a culture that values doing things in the correct manner. Merely addressing wrongdoing with wrongdoing perpetuates a lawless society which is what have become.

Another thing is that you can't separate these incidents from reality: we have always used mob violence to deal with petty thieves but theft has not gone down. So not only is mob violence wrong morally, it is practically ineffective.

9 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Omexonomy: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: bro if I am the one in the chance to drag them! I will do to them what this ladies experienced cuz they both stole irrespective of the gravity of stealing......and they are born the same way.......I remembered my encounter with LG chiarman me and my colleagues ,we drag the hell out of the man......we shut down complete LG secretariat though we in group as a student.......what we fought for then was a Transformer.....which these looters denied us....I left the area but my appraisals are there in the mouth of the inhabitants cuz I fought with might.....I'm proud to see a transformer there!!! We just have to make that change bro........I only don't support lynching and killing!
the Lg chairman already having enough compare to those women. Now dont you think will should channel our grieviance to the politicians and state governor who just bought a jeep worth of 900million naira.
Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
4 Play:

Theft is wrong because it infringes on the victim's property rights. Mob justice is wrong because it infringes on the victim's right of a fair hearing, besides being disproportionate. 2 wrongs don't make a right is a trite saying but is very apt here. The problem in Nigeria is that we need to create a culture that values doing things in the correct manner. Merely addressing wrongdoing with wrongdoing perpetuates a lawless society which is what have become.

Another thing is that you can't separate these incidents from reality: we have always used mob violence to deal with petty thieves but theft has not gone down. So not only is mob violence wrong morally, it is practically ineffective.
bro thank you for your enlightenment......it not my fault though....you know eachtime I remembered how my friend were robbed.....how my house was robbed tho not home.....how I rescued them cuz I ran back home with friends....how a lady was raped.....how a whole house was robbed in my area.....how thief disturbed my area for good 1month....and the Nigeria police couldn't do anything I just concluded we should do justice.....I could recall there was one we caught we were planning to insert a broom stick in his penile before police came......I do yield to your enlightenment......try to understand it was only my past experience with robbers that made my emotion cloud my reasoning.....thank you one more time!

7 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Boll2010: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Omexonomy: the Lg chairman already having enough compare to those women. Now dont you think will should channel our grieviance to the politicians and state governor who just bought a jeep worth of 900million naira.
thank you very much sir.....we learn everyday.....and we don't stop learning....I got a pont from your drive.....will act that way henceforth....I don't have anything against women.....thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by ifyalways(f): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Steal pepper? Atarodo of all things? The mind boggles. I think the women are cursed or might be kleptomaniacs?.

Nothing justifies the treatment they got. Those men are sadists taking out their sexual and financial frustration on the women. I pray earnestly that they are caught.

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Omexonomy: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Boll2010: thank you very much sir.....we learn everyday.....and we don't stop learning....I got a pont from your drive.....will act that way henceforth....I don't have anything against women.....thank you so much
you are always wellcome.
Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by Omexonomy: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Who will bring thore men to justics ?
Your weird Lg chairman and Governor or ur st.u.p.id p0lice ?
ifyalways: Steal pepper? Atarodo of all things? The mind boggles. I think the women are cursed or might be kleptomaniacs?.

Nothing justifies the treatment they got. Those men are sadists taking out their sexual and financial frustration on the women. I pray earnestly that they are caught.
Re: Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves by naptu2: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
The question that's usually left unanswered by mob justice:

How do you know that they actually stole pepper?

(Similar to the other question: How do you know that the Alluu 4 were thieves?)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 3 Internet Fraudsters (Photos) / Men Who Hid Drugs In Crayfish Arrested Customs And Handed Over To NDLEA. Photos / Female Banker Found Murdered In Uganda, Boyfriend On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.