Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Husband......... - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (718954 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by ESIXLOVE: 10:08pm On May 03, 2015
TiffanyJ:

And I just dy look you with L+ network
my babe before before, how far nah, You never reply my msg for my thread.
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 03, 2015
Una still dey type
let me come help u
i dey refresh page since!!!
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:25am On May 04, 2015
Good morning guys.......

titigold:
Una still dey type
let me come help u
i dey refresh page since!!!
Titigold,I'mdone typing dear..
queenxey:
Flakky tnk God u ar bck. hope all is wel wit u. Waiting o.
'm fine queenxey,I hop you're too.
ESIXLOVE:
Madam flakkydagirl I just dey look you with H+ network.
Esixlove.....is this you?

By the way,what's H+ network?

TiffanyJ:

And I just dy look you with L+ network
Tiffany dear...
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:32am On May 04, 2015
Story continues..................

Jane scanned the living room,relaxed that her husband was not there,she slipped into the kitchen,swallowed some pain relieving tablet with water,she sneaked towards the stairs and climbed it one step at at time, she needed a good sleep,it was quite hard to get over the fact that her hubby doubted the paternity of their baby.

She undressed and put on a robe,eased her tired self into bed and slept off,she was damn tired.

Exactly three days later,the couple did not seem to have found a way round their misunderstanding as Jacob made sure he kept his distance from his wife,which was quite unlike him. He paid close attention to his children and work,as that seemed to be all that mattered at the moment.

Jane wasn't feeling any better,so she decided to give herself some rest from work,her kids had just returned from school,Aishat helped them with their homework while she listened to their activities in school,they were bright kids and she was truly proud of them. She blessed God for giving her the opportunity to carry those wonderful fruits in her. she was indeed glad to be a mother. After they had eaten,she noticed the sour look on Eve's face."Are you okay?" She asked feeling Eve's temperature by putting her hand to her face and body.

Eve did not say a word,she only forced a smile,Jane noticed that Eve grew silent and her eyes seem to be in a far away place,something was wrong with her baby but Jane tried to relax and not get worked up.

Later in the night when Jacob arrived,she found her way to their bedroom and quickly tucked herself in. She was just getting her sleep when Aishat came to call her that Eve was vomiting and that Jacob was with her. she rushed downstairs and found them in the bath. Jacob sprinkled cold water on Eve's face before caring her into the children's bedroom. Jane stood by the door and watched her husband tend to their baby. she wondered what happened to their relationship.

Eve laid on the bed with a cup of milk to her mouth,"I want you and mummy to sing for me." Eve requested silently.Jane moved closer and sat at the other side of the bed.They both sang for their children and waited for them to fall asleep before gently leaving.

After about five minutes when their parent had vacated their bedroom,Eve got up from the bed aand burst into laughter,Adam did the same"Do you think mummy and daddy will stop fighting?" Eve asked stiffling a laughter.

"Well,I hope this works." Adam said trying to console his sister,he seemed to be a lot wiser than his age,being the one who came up with the whole idea in the first place.He prayed to God to bring happiness to their family,Eve hoped God listened to their tiny voices.He embraced his sister and waited patiently for her to get into bed before moving to the other side of the room where his bed was,he jumped into bed and fell asleep that minute,that's kids for you.

Jane could see the way Jacob eyed her,perhaps he had something to say,she was not even in the mood for that,she quickly hurried to the bedroom before Jacob could say a word to her,she jumped in bed and pulled the covers over herself,she felt his presence the very seconds he set foot in the room,she froze when his movement stop,and she didn't want to pull away the covers,she listened for sound but heard none.Her heart beat increased gradually until she felt him move again,this time towards the bed.he sat on the edge of the bed for a while before a taking deep breath and sliping under the covers.

Jane sighed silently,for how long would they continue in this manner?

Hannah swiped the screen of her phone to lock it,she had just finished discussing with her immediate boss at the office,they had an important function to attend curtesy of the company's client,and a very promising and faithful client at that.she picked the remote and changed the station,she settled for a nollywood movie being aired by AIT.

As she watched,she threw balls of Minimie chinchin in mouth,she crushed the chinchin and swallowed noiselessly,she turned back when she heard the door open,it was Adetoun,she had just returned from the mid week service in church.
"Welcome,how was it?" Hannah asked,reducing the volume of the Tv.

Adetoun sat on one of the two seater couch facing Hannah,she untied her scarf,"Great as usual."She smiled."I'm hungry,what's in the kitchen?"

"Boiled yam"

"With?"

"Nothing,you can make some fish stew or fried egg,there's blended pepper in the fridge." Hannah said,as she silenced an incoming call before picking it.

She dropped the call not long afterwards,letting out a long hiss.

"Who was that?" Toun asked curious.

Hannah swallowed the chinchin in her mouth,"I don't even know,the number is not listed in my phone."

"And are you sure its not Ade calling?" Toun questioned holding Hannah's gaze.

Hannah turned her attention to the TV set,"I thought you were hungry when you came in."

"That's no longer important,I want you to find a place in your heart to forgive him,listen to his explantion before judging him,we're humans after all." Toun said before getting up,she left the sitting room.

Hannah knew in her heart of hearts that Toun was right,but she just couldn't find a way around it.she sighed and switched off the Tv.
"I do not agree with you on this one." Cynthia frowned while she cleaned Tonye's mouth with a clean napkin,her baby boy Tonye looked healthy for a boy his age.she sat back in her chair,folded her arms across her breast and listened with rapt attention.

Jane kept quiet,"You should not have raised your hand to hit your husband,that's too bad."

" I know..." Jane agreed."But it was a rude shock when he questioned the paternity of our baby."She wiped the edge of her eyes quickly to prevent Cynthia from seeing the tears.

Cynthia thought for a minute,"You'll have to apologise to your husband,that seems only sensible thing to do,you shouldn't have waited for this long,I hope you don't push him into the hands of some strange woman." She sighed.

"Thank you Cynthia,you don't know how much letting this out of my mind means to me." Jane smiled shyly."I think we should go home now." She glanced at the big wall clock.

"Its okay,let me get the children then." Cynthia climbed the stairs while Jane packed their bag,it was time to make up with her husband.The children's noise soon filled the sitting room as Cynthia led the way out to their car,she waited for the kids to get in and watched Jane drive out.

She wished her husband was as faithful as his friend-Jacob,she knew about Jaiye's other women,although he tried as much to keep them away from her knowledge,but she was no dunce,she hoped that one day he would change.

Hannah picked the lip gloss and applied a little amount to her lips,she smiled at her reflection in the mirror.Satisfied with what she saw, she moved away from the dressing table and picked a blue shawl,sprung it over her white gown.

"No no no." Toun protested from behind,"There's no need to use that shawl,it's going to kill the beauty of the dress." She said,she had been the bran behind Hannah's agreement to have dinner with Ade.

"Says who?" Hannah laughed.

"Ofcourse me! I want you to have a nice time with him and be a good girl." She laughed,handing her friend a white purse to compliment her dress.

Hannah sat on the bed,"Don't frustrate me over this dinner,before I change my mind." She put her hands to her chin."I don't think I want to do this again."

"Please do not start,you have agreed don't change your mind,it will hurt him,if you stand him up.". Toun pleaded.

"Its alright,I'm doing this for you." She said getting up,and even as she said that she knew she was doing it for herself."I don't want to be late."

Toun walked her to the sitting room where Rekia laid on the couch reading a magazine,she looked up when the duo came in."I see you're set already."

Toun smiled and sent Rekia a look warning her not to say anything to upset Hannah.

"Take care." Rekia said and minded her business,Toun returned inside after Hannah drove off.

"You should begin a match making business,I'll be your PA." Rekia laughed hard closing the Mag. in her hand.

Toun sat down and picked Rekia's drink,she took a sip before giving a respond."You know what? I don't blame you,but be rest assured that I'll find you a man even if it means dragging you by the ears to his house." She laughed and went inside.

Rekia thanked God that Toun got up when she did,because she wouldn't have been able to explain to her friend,the reason why two fat tear rolled down her big brown eyes.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband......... by bawelat: 6:57am On May 04, 2015
thanks for the update,flakky weldone,u are highly welcome
Re: My Husband......... by lovingangel(f): 7:00am On May 04, 2015
Tanx madam flakky. hoping for more update
Re: My Husband......... by Calmdove(f): 10:05am On May 04, 2015
lovingangel:
Tanx madam flakky. hoping for more update
seconded! Flakky
Re: My Husband......... by blackmarya(f): 11:53am On May 04, 2015
waow! its gud to read this story again after a long pause, weldone madam flakky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by onosj(f): 3:13pm On May 04, 2015
Flakky welcome back, hope u won't leave us again.
Re: My Husband......... by loveyP(f): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Welcum back flakky.... N thanx 4 d update
Re: My Husband......... by Alawokit(f): 4:52pm On May 04, 2015
Nice to av u back madam flakky.thanks for d update.
Re: My Husband......... by 1stimpression(f): 8:57pm On May 04, 2015
Welcome back madam
Re: My Husband......... by Emerald94(f): 6:49pm On May 05, 2015
Nice update dearie,,more ink to ur pen......patiently waiting for more
Re: My Husband......... by eniolar0(f): 7:45pm On May 05, 2015
blackmarya:
cry
blackmarya:
Re: My Husband......... by blackmarya(f): 8:42pm On May 05, 2015
Re: My Husband......... by demmy0325(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2015
Lol.. Anoda update in 2mnths time..

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Calmdove(f): 6:26am On May 06, 2015
demmy0325:
ah ah! It nt like dat, i believe flakkydagirl will update soonest and won't let us down.... Or am i wrong flakky?
Re: My Husband......... by walexzee11(m): 7:54am On May 06, 2015
The Lord answereth prayer

It's been long Mehnnnnnnnn....

Madam Flakky

Weldone!
Re: My Husband......... by ESIXLOVE: 9:49am On May 06, 2015
Flakkydagirl:
Esixlove.....is this you?
By the way,what's H+ network?

ride on madam Flakkydagirl and do send me a PM.
Re: My Husband......... by kennylizzy(f): 1:22pm On May 06, 2015
welcome back madam flakky
Re: My Husband......... by omobola200(f): 9:01am On May 08, 2015
It is really good to have you back. Thanks for the update.
Re: My Husband......... by nifemilizy: 12:34pm On May 08, 2015
demmy0325:
hahaha, abi,na so ooo, d interest sef is gradually dying down,anyway tanks 2 u flakky
Re: My Husband......... by Itunnu2248(f): 6:28pm On May 08, 2015
Welcome back ma,and thanks for update nice write up,May GOD keep empower you..
Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 1:27pm On May 09, 2015
at last flakky is here, hope all is well sha
Re: My Husband......... by Molz(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2015
SINCE 2013....
Re: My Husband......... by april29(f): 8:30pm On May 09, 2015
@flakky thumbs up! I just came across dis story and I must confess I don't regret any second spent reading. Well done!
Re: My Husband......... by Molz(m): 1:04am On May 10, 2015
april29:
@flakky thumbs up! I just came across dis story and I must confess I reject any second spent reading. Well done!

april29:
@flakky thumbs up! I just came across dis story and I must confess I reject any second spent reading. Well done!

april29:
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 9:18am On May 10, 2015

Jane watched while her daughter selected the dishes for dinner,she glanced at the cooker,food would be ready in a matter of minutes.she assisted her with the tray and cups.She turned off the cooker and held a pot pad to lift the pot.she turned back at the sound of approaching feet.
"I just hope we won't be late for school this morning." Adam sad peering at the pot of steaming hot rice.he was neatly tucked in a blue pant and white shirt,with a red bow tie nicely knotted at his throat.He was cute,his mother knew. He would be the cynosure of all eyes when he grew older.

"No dear." She dropped the spoon and planted a smooth kiss on his soft cheeks."We'll just hurry up and give daddy a surprise." She smiled.

"Why do we have to do this mum?" Jane knew he would ask her questions till he got to the root of the matter.He was quite inquisitive unlike his sister.

Adam prepared his mind for what his mother would say,he had tried to find out why they had to do an improptu shopping for their father yesterday evening,a week day at that.Even Eve had nothing to say.He jerked away from his thought,when he heard her voice.

Jane cleared her throat,"Let me explain,remember what I told you about learning to apologise.". Both kids nodded in remembrance.

"I and your dad had a little misunderstanding,and I did something real bad and this got your dad angry,that's why I need to apologise to him,and I want you two to come along to say sorry on behalf of mummy,so that we can be one big happy family again." She finished.

The children nodded and stood while their mum served breakfast,Nnamdi set the table.While Jane and her kids trotted to their father's bedroom holding their hand to the back.Their father appeared from the bathroom a white towel hung on his waist downwards.

He was surprised to see them,"Dad,we just want to say mum is sorry for what she did,please forgive her." Adam spoke first presenting his dad a card.Jacob accepted the card and shaked hands with him,he accepted eve's card too.

"I'm sorry." The couple chorused at the same time,Jacob pulled her into his arrms."'I'm really sorry,I shouldn't have asked you that question." He said.

"And I shouldn't have.... .." Jacob put his hands to her lips before she could finish the statement.It felt good having her so close to his chest.He was blessed to have her for a wife.

The kids burst out laughing before they all moved to the table for breakfast.The children were driven to school giving their parents all the space to make up properly.

Jacob emptied his glass cup and dropped it against the table,his face was a mixture of fear and anxiety,fear for his future with such a beautiful woman,and anxiety over her recent attitude.

He glanced at his wristwatch,it was some minutes past five pm in the evening,he loosened his tie and removed his suit,rolling up the shirt of his sleeves.He began to clear his table,he still had some files to attend to,but that could wait till tomorrow.

He jerked up when a knock came on the door,he glanced up just in time to see his secretary walk in."I didn't know you're still around."He asked surprised.

"I was waiting for you sir." Linda said dropping the files under her arms on the table."And I wanted to drop this files before leaving." She answered.

Since Victoria,his former secretary left.He had retained Linda after her service year,she was smart,intelligent and industrious.He commended her hardwork from time to time.

"You can leave now." Jacob said,she curtsied a little,and said a quick goodbye before leaving.It was hard not to stare at her retreating figure,her heels made a tick tack sound,she had a fine shape and a cute face.

She closed the door gently,before easing herself out of the door.Of all the people she would love to see,Mr Jaiye was not on her list.Before she could turn around,he had slapped her playfully on the arm."Good afternoon." She forced a smile that did not reach her eyes,she had stopped adding the word 'sir' when she greeted him since he began making amorous advances towards her.

Jaiye smiled fully,"How are you dear." He said while Linda sat on her seat and began to clear up.

"Fine." She answered without looking up.

But his boss's friend was not discouraged,"How about dinner tonight?"

"I have an important engagement to attend to." She said,picking up her bag and getting up to leave.

"I know very soon,you'll dance to my tune.."He dipped his hand into his pocket,brought out his purse and lifted some wad of 1000 notes out."Have this for petrol."

Linda moved a step further,looked at him in the eyes,she murmured some words before walking out on him.Jaiye returned the money to its place and opened the door directly in front of him.

"What took you all day?" Jacob asked getting up to shake his friend.Jaiye quickly went through the story of how his car broke jdown,and how he had to hitch a cab over.

"Shall we? " Jacob gestured to the door."I don't want to stay out late tonight."

"I take it,you and your wife made up already." It was more of a statement than a question.Jacob nodded his head as he moved out and shut the door after his friend.

They took the lift and in no time,they walk towards the park,Jacob handed his friend the car keys,"You drive."

Jaiye caught the key mid air,"I'll like to hire your secretary for a day,she's hardworking." Jacob stopped in his movement,he gave his friend a warning stare.

"Don't even go there Jaiye." He knew what he meant by that statement."I don't want you to corrupt that innocent girl."He said in a seerious tone."You have enough on your table already,don't let me smell your body 100miles to that girl."

Jaiye got into the driver's seat and drove out of the gate,arguing would be a waste of time,better to concentrate on how to find a way to reach that innocent girl pretty soon.

"You really need to do this." Hannah said to Adetoun,she perched on the arm of the couch where Toun was sitted draped in a tiger skin jump suit,she looked cool but the expression on her face was dull.

Adetoun tried to reason along with her sister from another mother,it hurt her so much as pages of her past life flashed slowly in her memory,she grabbed the seat on which she was seated with all the strength she could mutter.A tiny drop of tear slid down her beautiful face,oh how time flies,she thought.

It seemed just like yesterday when she met Jacob,he had been so sweet to her while she grew out of the pain that had been inflicted on her by her step father and uncle.she sneezed rapidly,as tears blurred her eyes,a kleenex appeared close to her cheeks,she accepted without taking a glance at the hands that offered it.

Hannah wiped the tears off her own face,she knew her friend's story by heart,"You must move on,you must find them and reconcile,they're your true family."She said,her voice shaking with tears.

"I know." Adetoun whispered quietly,"Its just hard to forget the things have been through as a young girl." She wiped her cheeks and got up.

She moved closer to the curtain,and pulled the drapes,it was dark outside,the cold breeze blew on her face.The world seemed to be sharing in her sorrow.she shaked her head as if in pity for herself."I agree with you dear,and this time there's no turning back,I'm going to reconcile with my family."She said bursting into fresh bouts of tears.

Hannah put her hand around Toun's shoulder,rocking her like a gentle lamb,Toun warmed up to the comfort of her friend's arm.she turned to face her and engulfed her in a sweet hug.

It was barely two weeks after Jackie,Jacob's elder sister had her child's dedication,when the twins clocked four years.As usual their father had planned to make it a glamorous celebration against Jane's better idea of a little party for the children and their friends.

She was just in her second trimester,and her belly was potruding already,her husband had shopped for nice wears comfortable for a pregnant woman.He had been really cool,except for some moments when he acted weird for no reason,she closed her eye to those moments since he was always fast to control himself.They had times when they shared their little fights but they were quick to settle it.

Jane went over her list for the third time,Cynthia had helped her with the list of things they would be needing for the party,but it had come as a surprise when she gave Jacob the list for him to go through,he refused to return the list,and not until the third day when he gave her the list,all the items had been changed and prices skyrocketed.

Her husband had informed her that,she didn't need to bother herself nor,worry her head,because he had gotten a good event planner to see things through for them.she hadn't found time to go through the list not until later in the evening.

She picked up her phone to dial his number,but stopped."Why call him when he'll be home soon." She dropped her phone and asked Nana Aisha to get her a glass of chilled water from the kitchen.She gulped the water and relaxed back in her seat,the children were screaming so she got up to check on them,she opened the door just in time to see Adam giving his sister a knock on the head.

"Adam stop that,have I not warned you not to beat your sister again."She said pulling a crying Eve closer."What happened?" She asked sitting on one of the beds.

"Mummy Eve was making so much noise,I warned her but she refused to listen." Adam explained.

"That's no reason for you to give her a knock." She told him."Now apologise to her." The crying Eve had wiped her face.

Adam hardened his face,"No mummy." He said moving to a corner of the spacious bedroom."Adam!"

"No mummy." He repeated shaking his head.Jane got up and spanked him on the buttocks.The door opened and Jacob sauntered in,briefcase in hand."What's happening." He asked pulling a crying Adams to his side,he dropped his suitcase.Jane explained all that happened to him,"Is that enough reason to spank him? " He asked.

"Jacob!"

"Just answer me,is that why you spanked him." He asked again getting angry.

"They're my children." She said clutching her sides tightly.

Jacob dropped the boy,"Jane you need to stop taking sides with Eve."

"Taking sides? How?."

"Beating a child for another is not a part of good parenting." He said walking out of the room,he picked his briefcase.

Jane followed after him,her flipflop making a slaping sound against the tiled floor."Jacob." She called but he didn't answer.

When they got to their room,Jacob dropped his case and faced his wife,"I won't like for such to repeat itself."

Jane opened her mouth in surprised,"That's over pampering and I won't allow you to do that." She yelled back at him,she went to the sitting room down the stairs and picked the list,she held it to hs face."This list is outrageous for the children's party."

"Is it your money?I'm spending money that I've worked for,why are you mad over that?woman becareful."

"I'm not going to open my eyes and watch you waste your money."She said sitting on the bed,she was feeling weak from shouting.the bill was outrageous,all that amount of money for a birthday that will only last for a day.she coughed.

Jacob was in the bathroon,she could hear him splashing water over himself,what could be happening to her husband of late,she wondered.He had changed again.This husband of hers was just a coat of many colours.she was determined to stop him,even if it meant no birthday for her kids.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by missviva(f): 10:18am On May 10, 2015
Nawa oo...I no understand dis couple again

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 11:37am On May 10, 2015
Seriously, i dont really understand them. The picture u are painting is marriage has its ups and downs. Bt this Jacob issue someow
my instincts is there is something fishy. Can't point it out. Jacob shld be asked to see a counsellor
Re: My Husband......... by sweetjenny305(f): 4:28pm On May 10, 2015
Which kind couple be this na?
Re: My Husband......... by Adikij(f): 5:10pm On May 10, 2015
Welcome back flaky nice update

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.