Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:05 PM

My Husband......... - Literature (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (718242 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
Episode 105

The children were set to go to school,after their quick breakfast.Jane adjusted Adam's jacket for him,and kissed them goodbye as Aishat took them away.
"Please tell Ochuko to be careful while driving my children." She said.
"I will ma." Aishat curtsied.
Jane cleared the table and arranged her husbands breakfast of moi-moi and creamy custard.He was down just in time.
"Good morning dear." She greeted him.
"Good morning,how was your night.?"
"It was fine." She answered,pulling a chair for him to seat.She noticed the small travelling bag by him.
"Where are you taking the bag to? She joined him at the table.
"Abuja."
"Abuja?"
"When have you been planning this?"
"I forgot that I needed to seek your permission before leaving the house." Jacob said eating from the plate of moimoi.
Jane took a sharp breath,"Oh please,don't be sarcastic,and you know that's not what I meant."
"My dear,it's too early for all this,I need to get to the office,our flight takes off in three hours time." He said.
"Our?"
"Yes."
"Who is the 'our'?"
"My personal secretary,at least she's not going to nag off my ears."
"I thought you had a secretary,and not a personal secretary."
"You thought wrong babe."
"And it's a she!"
"Yeah."
Jane was more confused than ever.she got up and began to pace around.
"Look dear,the last thing I want for you is a HBP,so please relax,she's not going to eat me on the trip,if that's your fear." He said getting up,he wiped his mouth with a clean white napkin.
"My fear is you eating her on that trip." Jane hissed.
"That's a much better idea." He laughed."I'll be back on friday."
"What? Four whooping days?"
"Yeah."
"Are you for real."
"I am baby." He smiled sheepishly at her,he began to knot his tie.
"Oh,don't baby me."
"You're just trying to get on my nerves,but I won't let you."
"Suit yourself." She walked away."Fool"
"What did you just say?"
"Nothing." She hurried up the stairs,but he caught up with her.
"You call me a fool?"
Jane was a little scared,she could feel the anger in his voice and his eyes,oh my God.His eyes balls were turning again.
Jacob shook her by the shoulders,"You're lucky,I have to be somewhere,I would have showed you how much of a fool I was." He pushed her away,hurried down the stairs,picked his bag and suit case and disappeared out of the house.
Jane's body racked with sobs,as she sat on the stairs,she knew she shouldn't have called him a fool.What sensible woman calls her husband a fool to his face?But he pissed her,how could he? She rubbed her shoulders again,they were aching.
She had to act fast,she needed to talk to someone and she had to do it fast,an image formed in her head,and then a face and she smiled.

"You can't say you're fine,look at your swollen face,you've been crying." Toun said,as she drank water from a glass."And you've barely touched your dinner."
Hannah sniffed,"I'm okay,I just have a slight headache." She forced a smile.
Rekia scoffed at the two of them,"Mummy Toun,your daughter says she's fine,ehen let her be now,or do you intend to force words out of her mouth ni?." She stood up from her chair and went to sit on the couch to have a better look.
"Please don't talk like that Rekia,this Hannah that I am looking at is worried sick about something,ever since she came back from Ade's place,she has been acting strange and all."Toun said.
"Haba,she is not a baby,if something is wrong with her,she should share with us,and if not,you two should come and see this nice pre wedding shots I downloaded from the internet this afternoon,they're so lovely and I'm sure Hannah and Ade will love it." She chuckled.
Hannah burst into a loud laughter,she drank some water and almost choked on it.It was Toun and Rekia's turn to be bewildered.
"The wedding has been cancelled."
Toun eyes popped wide out of its socket,and Rekia got up too.
"Why? What happened?"
"Its official." Hannah laughed and left for her room.The other girls followed her,but she was quick to shut the door in their face.
"Hannah this is officially not funny." Toun said banging the door.
"Yes,its not funny at all,its October not April fools day."Rekia added.
"I know,but its over." She said sobbing,slowly at first,then it became louder.
"At least open the door and talk to us."
"Please."
"You guys should just leave before I do something stupid." Hannah flung open her wardrobe with a loud thud and began to fling her cloths everywhere,she scattered her dressing table and sounds of breaking glasses could be heard.
"Oh no,please don't do this to yourself,we love you Hannah." Toun pleaded amidst sobs.
"Hannah please." Rekia joined in.
"You people should just leave me alone,let me be,pleasee."
"No way,am not leaving you alone,Rekia please get my phone,I need to call Jane and mum." Toun said.
"No....no....no.....don't....call....no......" Hannah sobbed.
Finally,there was a click,and the door opened,it was just like a hurricane passed through her room.Everywhere was a mess within four minutes,she had even broken her bedside lamp.Toun embraced her while Rekia held her shoulders and patted her hair.
"Just remember that we will always love you." Toun cried silently.
"I love you girls too." She cried.
"Yes we love you." Rekia said.
"I broke up with him,I am going to return his ring,I don't want to get married anymore." She cried harder and then she explained all that happened to her friends.
"Why did you keep all these from us?" Toun asked.
"Abeg shut up." Rekia said." The only thing I was able to pick is that you don't have HIV anymore."
"Well,I'm not too sure,he said his doctor told him that."
"Hmmm this is serious o."
"But you went for the confirmation test now,and it was positive."
"Yes." Hannah answered,"I have the result here." She pulled open the drawers by the bed and picked out the envelope with the hospital address on it.
Rekia snatched it from her and opened it.she glanced downwards and saw the result."You're negative." Rekia screamed before throwing it at Toun.
Rekia flung her arms around Hannah,"Oh babe,you no get HIV o."She was crying now.she wondered when she became this emotional.
"I don't understand this comment." Toun said staring at the result.
Rekia snatched it again,and analysed it to them,the result even referred to the first test which said she was positive,and that the confirmation test stated that she was negative and she was to come back after another three months again for check up.
Hannah started laughing again,this was too much for her.Tears strolled her cheeks and her eye were red.
Toun and Rekia were crying too.
"I didn't read all that part." Hannah told them."After the counselling for those who came for the confirmation test,we were urged to pray and protect ourself for those who would be negative and that those who are positive should come for their ARVs and regular check up."
"Immediately our results were given to us,and I saw positive,I rushed out blindly and and....." Hannah was crying again.
The girls cried together and embraced each other.
"About your wedding,you have to make up with Ade,I'll call him and talk to him." Toun promised.
"Good,but right now we need to celebrate." Rekia excused herself and returned with two bottles of wine and three glass cups.
Rekia was surprised to see Toun opening the bottle with her teeth,she quickly hurried to the kitchen."Look we have some leftover chicken." She served it in a plate.It was cold but they ate it happily.Rekia tuned the system to its highest volume as they danced to hip hop music.
She had never seen Hannah and Toun in this way.
It was quarter past one when Hannah fell on her knees and started thanking God,they all joined her and cried together.Too much crying in one night.
"Its time for you girls to retire." Rekia said laughing at them."You know I answer to no one o,and you people have work tomorrow."
"I'll call in sick." Hannah said
"You look sick indeed." Rekia laughed again.
"I'll call in sick too." Toun laughed and the girls burst into laughter.
It was a long night indeed.
They put off the music,and each of them showered.Hannah took longer than usual,Rekia had to go and peep at her,she saw her kneeling in the bathtub and crying.Toun pulled her back.
"Leave her alone,she needs some time alone." She said.
Hannah got into her room,to find it a little better,her friends had cleaned the broken glasses.she sat on the bed still sobbing.
"I am sleeping in your bed tonight." Rekia came in with her pillow.
"Me too." Toun joined them.
"Thank you so much,I love you girls." Hannah kissed each on her cheek.
"We love you too." They laughed.
The girls settled on the bed,and covered themselves.They sang together holding hands.Toun and Rekia soon fell asleep.Hannah was dozing off already,when her phone rang.She didn't have to check the screen,she had a special ring tone for Ade.
The phone rang continuosly for a while,but she refused to pick the call.A text message came in.She clicked it open and began to read.

"Come here children,I have missed you so much." Funmi hugged Adam and Eve.The children were excited as their Grandma kissed their forehead."Hey,you look bigger than the last time I saw you." She laughed leading them inside.
Jane held her hand bag and childrens box.she dropped them and settled on a sofa making herself comfortable.
"How was the drive down here?I hope my driver was not rough?" Funmi asked.Since Jane informed her that she was coming over with the kids,she had sent her personal driver to pick them.
"No ma"
"Just relax,I personally prepared you fish peppersoup,I also made grilled fish,fruit salad and jollof rice with chicken for my children."
"Ha mummy,you want me to grow fat abi."
"You need to put on some flesh too."
"Ada." Funmi called.
"Yes ma." A young woman in twenties came in.
"Take the children to the room you prepared,let them shower and change their clothes,then bring them back here."Funmi said,the children followed Ada.
"Hope my son is taking good care of you.?"Funmi laughed.
"Yes o,he's trying."
"He told me he was travelling to Abuja and will be back on Friday."
"Yes,that's true."
"That's good,how are the kids doing in school."
"They're doing fine,you know they have my brain now."
"That's not true,my children have always proved to be brilliant in their academics,there shouldn't be an exception to this ones."She laughed again."I and your mother were at Eko hotel last weekend,an old classmate of ours celebrated her birthday along her wedding anniversary."
"Wow,I didn't know."
"Now you know."Funmi looked around,there was no one in sight.
"You told me some things over the phone,such issues should be discussed face to face,that's why I asked you to come over."
"Thank you ma."
"You'll go in now,shower and then we'll all have lunch,I'll ask Ada to take the children out,we have an amusement park around,because I will want your full attention and most importantly,its time to unravel some things your husband has kept away from knowledge,you deserve to know." Funmi finished.
"Oh thank you ma." She got on her knees.
"Please get up,I have told you that you are my daughter,and clean your eyes,I don't ever want to see you crying again." Funmi embraced her daughter-in-law and patted her back.

........Don't forget to leave a comment after reading......

15 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by kayceerilyn(f): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
modified

Nice update sweets....when are we getting the next one?

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
What a wonderful mother inlaw she has. but wat turn jacob to a wolf in sheep clothing? lots of suspense here

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by oluezekiel(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
All I can say is this is intriguing, fascinating and thrilling. I've been following this story for weeks now, I thought it would get boring but no way. I read it visualizing each of the character as if in a movie. Well done, great talent you've got.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Pricelessangel0(f): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Wao!!! Nice one, tnx for d update

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by AdetoroBukola: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
yiipeeeee Hannah is negative. Thank God for second chance. you rock dearie but please dont stop again till you finish this story. God bless your brain.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by bumsiee: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
Wow secrets shocked shocked can't wait 4 d unveiling ooo. Keep it up flakky kiss

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by oreoluwatolulop(f): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
ride on flakky.thanks for d update

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by candyboy(m): 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
I like your story so much, full of suspense as ever!
Now Flakkydagirl has turned me into an Oliver Twist, I want more dearie!

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by bummybummy(f): 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Such a wonderful mother-In-Law and so happy 4 Hannah. Welcom bck afta long strike flakkydagirl, op we ar nt going on anoda till d end of story

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
You have a nice story here please do update some more... Tnx

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Calmdove(f): 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
love u plenty flakky

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Smhart1(f): 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by zicca(f): 1:30pm On May 01, 2016
Wow,girl,you r doing a good,I need an address,so that you will complete d story in person,lol,I know u r a busy person,but d suspense is becoming unbearable,pls do something

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Richie990(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2016
what's her mother-In-law going to talk about, guess is a big secret. such a captivating movie. Gracia op

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Joycelyn28: 5:41pm On May 01, 2016
Wow am so happy for Hannah.tnx Flakkydagirl for this update ooo God bless u

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by estiedoll(f): 7:23pm On May 01, 2016
Nice work flakky... waiting for d next update.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by SPDAZZY(f): 8:00pm On May 01, 2016
Oh dear Jane!

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Shakyroh320(f): 8:56pm On May 01, 2016
plzzzzz come update dear

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Jaytoy(f): 12:19am On May 02, 2016
Thanks madam Flakky.... But...
We want more! We want more!! We want more!!!
Please don't starve us for long again. This story is soooooo interesting to stay long without having more.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by helen1967(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2016
very cool very cool

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:44pm On May 02, 2016
Thanks guys for the love..... Next update comes up on Friday.
Re: My Husband......... by aprilwise(m): 8:33pm On May 02, 2016
It's has been long I check on this story. I never knew it was still on. Am back now.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Twizzy30(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2016
Welcome back Flakkydagirl

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Dokimazo(f): 6:14pm On May 03, 2016
I really commend you you and must say this work piece is splendid. Av really enjoyed it so far. would love to know if its possible to get the full story and how. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by opeoluwa2(f): 11:05pm On May 03, 2016
Flakkydagirl:
Hello everybody,
i'll be writing a story on this page soon,
keep your fingers crossed,
i'll be right back.

Hello flakky, you are doing a good job but don't you think this story is over due?
Re: My Husband......... by Rapfrick(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2016
I get strong feelings say jacob no be adam and eve biological papa and de whole smith dynasty knows dat too i have a feeling dat jacob had an accident wen he was much younger dat took away his chances of being a father,he knew dat his wife will play games out of desperation to have kids cuase in dis part of de world wen a marriage is not producing kids all fingers point to de woman and de plan worked out perfectly well but jealously crept in and he now see's his wife as a LovePeddler but somehow again i think along de line a miracle happened and jacob impregnated his secretary and also his wife which, i mean de pregnancy his wife lost due to his new found habit of domestic violence he knows he is not de bio dad of de kidds and dats why he changed after dey were conceived he now gets mad at his wife anytime any man comes close to his wife i also think dat was why he told his wife to tell her mum to leave dia matrimonial home coz apparently he felt de mum did a bad job in bringing up jane since his so sure jane was impregnated by another man and dats why he doesnt want another child again i also think de second pregnancy was his and jaiye na adam and eve papa flakky honey am i wrong?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by nabla(f): 4:27am On May 04, 2016
I started dis story on fb nd was sad when d update stopped nd i was vry hapi when I came across it here,it a great piece of art,more ink 2 ur pen dear

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by emerald18(f): 6:47pm On May 04, 2016
@flakky thanks for the update and pls try to update regularly.the story is becoming a little boring due to the way you update( i dnt mean to be rude) all the same more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Mayreeyam(f): 10:15pm On May 04, 2016
I don't know wat to say,kudos for a wrk well done.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Sleekbaby(f): 11:12am On May 05, 2016
Flakky thanks for the updates, I know that Hannah is negative, keep on doing the good work, I can't wait for Friday.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by singlefade25(f): 7:03pm On May 05, 2016
i love your story......flakky

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.