Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

My Husband......... - Literature (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719110 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by uthman305(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2016
Flakky come and update ooooooooo,, or else I go change am for you
Re: My Husband......... by slimsue(f): 9:25am On May 20, 2016
uthman305:
Flakky come and update ooooooooo,, or else I go change am for you
Tell her oo.
Re: My Husband......... by vivor: 11:27am On May 20, 2016
Pls can u guys stop putting up comments, so that we can know when flaky updates, I always come here thinking flakky has updated only to meet anoda comment. Plus flakky I will say it again if u were nt ready u won't have started posting, a writer finishes he's /her work before putting it up and asking for opinions

5 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by curvydiva(f): 11:37am On May 20, 2016
vivor:
Pls can u guys stop putting up comments, so that we can know when flaky updates, I always come here thinking flakky has updated only to meet anoda comment. Plus flakky I will say it again if u were nt ready u won't have started posting, a writer finishes he's /her work before putting it up and asking for opinions
Plus it's high time she revealed the suspenses in the story. Each update revolves around what we know already. Jacob's anger, Jane being beaten, and the weddings they've been planning for months. My opinion, tho.

9 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Francismazi(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2016
[s][/s]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Update pleasesssssssss
Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 2:23pm On May 21, 2016
vivor:
bros take it easy na... She doesnt get paid for doing dis y not ask wats wrong or if she is so busy.. This story is more dan a year already i'm sure she is also tired of it
Re: My Husband......... by vivor: 4:21pm On May 21, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

bros take it easy na... She doesnt get paid for doing dis y not ask wats wrong or if she is so busy.. This story is more dan a year already i'm sure she is also tired of it
am a she
Re: My Husband......... by evasmlin: 10:30am On May 24, 2016
nice1, we are waitin for the next episodes, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 8:48am On May 25, 2016
vivor:
am a she
sorry abt dat ma'am

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by unitysheart(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2016
Hmmmmm. No update still.
Re: My Husband......... by Smhart1(f): 3:53am On Jun 02, 2016
@OP, when is the next update coming up ma'am?
Re: My Husband......... by emerald18(f): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
no update yet?
Re: My Husband......... by gracewealth007(f): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
U are delaying with the update jare.
Re: My Husband......... by Kflorencek(f): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2016
hope all is well. please try and update soon
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Its been ages I updated....I'm so sorry for the delay,I'll drop an update this evening.Please bear with me.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Yuneehk(f): 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yaaay *dancing *.. She's back! Welcome back Flakkydagirl. Can't wait for the update too

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by shakara121(f): 4:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
ThankGod she is bk updating dis evening so happy

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by gracewealth007(f): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
Evening don reach now,abi na night again?

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Julietogbo(f): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Flakky pls update soon tanks

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by abiola081(m): 6:53am On Jun 06, 2016
gracewealth007:
Evening don reach now,abi na night again?
she never said Sunday night... she just said evening...lol.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 7:43am On Jun 06, 2016
Episode 108

"The kitchen."
"You're going to cook for me?"
"No,smart-ass,I plan to kiss you dumb."
She let him clasp his hand and twirled her around.
She laughed.
He hummed the melody from Timi Dakolo's "Iyawo mi" in low husky notes that weren't precisely on key,which somehow made the gesture irresistibly masculine.
The moment's shyness Adekunle had felt was gone as he curved his hands to her back and brought her close.With a sigh,she snuggled up to him,lifting her face into the hollow of his throat and nestling it there.Mmmm,he smelled good.What was that cologne? It made her want to inhale deeply,to drink in as much of it as she could.
"I need to tell you something." Rekia said quietly.
"It can wait."He smiled.
"No,please let me tell you now."
"Wrong timing." He nuzzled her hair and said something,perhaps her name.she could feel his arm braced against her back,and the tips of his splayed fingers curling around her side.It was a possessive,intimate thing he did.She could feel it,and she loved it.
Her collarbone showed in the boat neckline of her top.She had worn the tee purposely,hoping he would notice.He had.She could see the appreciation in his gaze as it drifted down.He glanced at her mouth,but only for a moment.
Now he really was touching her,the way every woman wanted to be touched,lightly,with the pad of his thumb,as if the slope of her throat was so fascinating he could explore it for hours and never solve the mystery of feminine softness.
Rekia was being tugged and pulled at,sensations stirred in her depths.They were thrillingly familiar,and at the same time,there was this ravishing warmth,this plummeting warmth.she was having trouble breathing,as his lips descended on hers,she wasn't the only one struggling with the fundamental bodily functions.He was kissing her,his hands unbuttoning her blouse.

He unhooked her bra,and his hands surrounded mould of soft succulent flesh,his lips darted for her firm nipples glaring shamelessly at him.His other hand played with the other nipple.Rekia was feeling the rush of adrenaline,this man was driving her crazy.
His hands moved towards her shorts and she stiffened,it was too obvious.Adekunle looked at her,she had grown pale all of a sudden.
"Did I hurt you?" He couldn't help but ask.
"No." She said picking her blouse.
"What did I do wrong?"
"Nothing."
"You went stiff baby,surely something must have gotten you upset."
"Nothing."
He grabbed her hands and pulled her closer,her back resting against the counter.He kissed her but she didn't respond.
"I knew it." He inhaled and exhaled quickly.
Rekia tried to avoid his eyes.
"This is the third time you're bluffing me,why don't you want us to consummate this relationship?"
"You won't understand."
"Try me."
"No...Adekunle no....I really don't want to lose you."
"Is it your first time?"
"Not now."
"When?"
"Please don't make me cry."She pleaded softly.
Adekunle placed her head on his chest."I'll wait until you're ready,I don't want to rush you but I can't stop myself from falling all over,each time I come close to you."He whispered in her hair.
She was quiet."Promise me you'll never leave."
"I cross my heart." His hands crossed on his chest.
"I love you so much."
"I love you a million times."Adekunle smiled.He kissed her lightly on the cheeks.They moment was interrupted by a car horn.
Rekia disentangled from him,"One of them is back,it should be Hannah."
"Okay."
"You need to hide." She said holding his hands as she led the way to her bedroom.
"No,there's no need to hide,and we cannot continue to keep our love under a bushel." He insisted.
"I know,but now is not the time."
"Is that it?"
"What?"
"Are you ashamed of me?"
"No...never,I'm proud of you,I'm just not ready."
"I am ready to introduce you to the world as my better half." He boasted.Rekia's heart did a summersalt,she loved this man to pieces.
"Fine...we'll talk about this,please don't come out,please." She pleaded and closed the door firmly,before going to open the gate.
Another step closer and she used the spray,focusing on his eyes.But the man was smarter,faster,either as a result of reflex,he bent down and stepped aside fast,narrowly missing the spray.He held out his hands.
"I'm not here to harm you." He said at a safe distance.
"What do you want?"Jane screamed at him.
"Thought you were stranded,I was only meaning to help."
"I'm sorry."
"I understand." The man nodded,"Can I come close now?"
"You can."
At a closer distance,he looked quite harmless apart from his black essembles.He removed his shades.
"I drove past a while ago,and saw you waving down cars and now returning you're still,so I decided to see if you're stranded and needed help." He finished.
"That was thoughtful of you sir.I really need a ride to get to the bus stop,but none of the cars would stop."She explained.
"Well,this is a dangerous spot,a public cementry is just a mile away,and drivers have been said to pick up ghost,that's why people don't stop here,please let's move away." He said leading her to his car.
Jane was scared,no wonder,all the cars kept speeding away.she followed the man to his car,he looked like someone that could be trusted.
He opened the passengers seat at the front,and she climbed in the car,locked the door,and went round to get in.
"Thank you." She muttered.
"You're welcome." He ignited the car and drove on.
"Dr. Chukwuma Anumunu is my name,but everyone calls me Dr. Chuks,my patients inclusive." He smiled."You can just call me Chuks.
Jane glanced at his hands,it held nor ring,didn't he see that she was a married woman.she held her purse in such a way that her fingers were on top and her wedding band very visible.
"Mrs J. Smith." She answered politely.
"You don't have to add the 'Mrs',I know you're married,you don't look single,you have a band on your finger that says married."
"And if you're single at this age,I will advice you to see my pastor." Jane couldn't resist a smile too.He seemed warm and jovial.
"If you don't mind,would you share with me what happened,on why you're standing in the middle of the road at this time of the night."
Jane sighed.
"It's alright if you don't want to talk about it,being a stranger and all."
"I don't mind."
"Thank God."
Jane told him what transpired between her and her husband that evening in the car,she was glad that he didn't interupt her.She didn't know it,but it felt right to just speak her mind.He was a good listener.
"You must have done something to get him angry." He said.
"No,I didn't even say a word."
"Well,from a man's perspective,that's enough to get a man angry and i don't want to judge until I've heard his side of the story.Every relationship needs communication,talk,speak and sort things out,its the greatest asset that can be wielded,and its affordable,all you have to do is open your mouth.Anyway,women are a handful"
"You think I'm lying.?"
"You don't look like one."
"Why are you taking his side."
"Well,in my profession,the first thing is never judge a person by his/her partners testimony,listen to them first,I'm a psychologist,clinical and counselling doctorate." Chuks said.
"Maybe we need to talk better."
"There's no need for that." Jane supplied quickly.
"If you insist."
"How far is it, to the bus stop?"
"In some few minutes,but I will prefer to drop you at home."
"That's so thoughtful of you,but don't worry I'll get a cab.I only hope madam is not going to be angry that you're out late." Jane wanted to know if he was married.
He was hesitant,"No,she's not going to be angry,she was watching her favorite cartoon when I left home,and she'll be asleep when I get back,tomorrow is a weekend,no school,but I have to take her to see her optician,she can't read her story book without complaint."
Jane was a bit confused,"Your madam?"
"Yes I answer only to her.She's Chioma,five years and in Basic one class,she's a handful." Chuks said,his eyes glistened,he looked happy and excited."I have a feeling you're going to be meeting her soon,she'll love to meet you too."
"I mean your wife,is she not going to complain?"
"Oh no,she's never going to complain."
"Never?"
"Yeah,she's dead."
Jacob paced about the sitting room,he had removed his suit and tie,just his unbuttoned shirt and his trousers.He look disheveled,he couldn't fathom how he could have done that to his wife.
His wrist watch clocked eight on the dot,he was sweating in a fully conditioned room.He had driven back to the spot where he dropped her two times.But she was no where to be found.Where could she have gone to?
It was his fault again,he should have thought better,rather than letting his anger get the part of him.What a costly mistake.He couldn't bear it,if anything happened to his dear Oyin.she was his happiness,his confidence and the mother of his children.
For how long would he continue to vent his anger on her,she was not even the course of his problem,why was he allowing her to suffer.
He was tired,and edgy now as he parted the blinds and looked out.she wasn't in sight.The minute the big gate sounded,he rushed out and on sighting her,he sighed in relief.Jane watched him go on his knees,lifting his eye to heavens muttering God knows what.
She walked inside and up the stairs to their bedroom,she sat on the bed,and unbuckled her shoe,removed her necklace and pearls.she got up and moved to the dressing table,where she applied cleanser to wool and cleaned all traces of make up from her face,she rubbed a cleaning ointment before getting up.
She undressed and stepped into the shower.It was a body soothing bath,she soaked her body in water and she felt better.She changed into her robe,and went to check on the kids,they were fast asleep.Her husband sat on the couch staring at a blank screen.
She found some warm milk in the kitchen,and cold chicken too.she sat by the kitchen table and ate playing games on her phone.she was going to try her best to stay out of trouble she promised herself.She tried not to think of what happened,but her mind kept wandering back to it.She had a call on her phone,it was Dr. Chuks,she picked it,he was calling to check if she was home now,she thanked him,it was from her heart,because she was indeed greatful.
She finished eating and returned to her room,she could hear Jacob's approaching feet.she put off the bedside lamp,pulled the covers and shut her eyes,tightly.
Jacob put on the lamp,she could feel it.He tapped her gently."Oyindunmade." He called carefully like a child.
She debated between pretending to be asleep and answering him,she chose the latter."Yes." She pulled away the covers.
"Please I want to speak with you."
He looked quite innocent and sober too,what he had to say,she was sure he had planned it well.
"I am sure you're tired of hearing me say that I am sorry." He began."Well,I am truly sorry,I shouldn't have given in to anger,I promise... ..."
"Please keep your promises."Jane cut him short,"Just keep it."
Jacob rubbed his palms together,"You deserve to be angry with me,I know,but I am pleading with you.I don't know what came over me."
"Are you sure that what came over you has stopped coming,you need to pull your acts together,its frustrating,did you know what you did to me tonight?"Her voice was pitches high and wavering from sobs about to burst.
"You left me on the road,at such an hour,at that deadly cementry,and drove off,like I didn't matter one bit to you,what explanation is rational enough for such an attitude?"
"None."
"Good,what if something had happened to me? What would you have told my people? You were so heartless tonight,you drove off unflinching,you didn't care at all."
"I did drive back two times,but you were not there,I came back for you." He explained.
"It's late,too late." She cried as tears strolled down her cheeks.
Jacob couldn't hold her in his arms,and he felt bad at making her go through all that."I'm sorry."
"Sorry is just not enough,you have become something that I cannot explain,I don't even know if I can still address you as my husband,because it sounds tasteless in my mouth." She said getting up,she picked a kleenex on the dressing table and dabbed at her face.
"I haven't been the best of husband of late,but I'm willing to change." He pleaded.
"Change?change?change,just don't drive me insane.If there is something eating up,if something is wrong,confide in me,let's go through it together,and stop venting your childish anger on me." She spat,rushing into the bathroom,she slid the door shut and pulled the curtain..
Jacob felt a moist on his face,they were tears,he quickly wiped it off.He was a strong man,and strong men don't cry.Had he pushed his wife this far? Oh how disappointing.He had to find a way to make things right.It was now obvious that his mother had not informed her about it,But telling her the truth,was that an option he could risk?
Excitement shot through her body as she put finishing touches to the meal.She had arranged the potato omellet in a dish,the sardine coleslaw in another,and her favorite gizdodo.Her guest would beg her for more,she laughed to herself.As she placed the freshly made cold orange juice on the dinning.
She sang as she took her bath,this was something different,this is love.Her friends must have felt the same way with their fiances.She used to think they were foolish at first,but Love was something capable of making even the wisest man foolish.
He had informed her that he was just twenty minutes drives away.She dressed up quickly wearing a white sleeveless top with faded blue jeans,her braid pulled together in a bun.She sprayed a fruity cologne.she loved how it thrilled her nostrils.The house was warm,just the atmosphere she needed.
It was weekend and both her friends were visiting their bae.Toun had informed her that,she would be going to visit her mum later in the day.It was just a perfect weekend.After lunch,she would tell him her dark secret.She had this feeling that he was going to accept her for who she was.She felt confident.
She had just sat on a comfortable couch when her phone buzzed,he was the one.He was here,he had arrived.She almost ran to the gate,and smiled happily as he drove in and parked his car.They had the house to themselves.
He handed her a bunch of beautiful flowers,she accepted it from him and embraced him,before going in holding hands like long lost lovers.He brought a bottle of wine with him.He looked handsome in his black polo,and jeans,he was clean shaven and walked smartly.He was two feets taller than her,just the kind of man she had always dreamed of.He met all her standards and even more.God had blessed her truly.
The aroma's from the dishes wafted through his nose,as he stepped in.Rekia led him to the dinning.And they sat down.He was staring at her openly,like a prized item in a gift shop.
"What is it?" Rekia looked away shyly.Oh my God,she felt shy.Rekia? Shy? Love must be mad.
He intensified his gaze,"You're beautiful,you're my dream come true baby." He smiled lazily.

Oh no! The butterflies,they were real,she could feel it now.she blushed and smiled back at him."I wish I had met you earlier."
"Me too."
"Let's have lunch before it gets cold." Rekia dished him a nice portion.
And they ate silently at first,"This is delicious,do I get to take some home?" He asked.Rekia nodded in the affirmative.He told her about his childhood,his family,his schooling and work.Rekia also gave him brief sketches.
Lunch ended,and they moved to the couch,sipping from their wine glasses as they watched a dvd.Rekia rested her head on his chest,and he had his hands around her waist.They definitely looked good together.
They were quiet,engrossed in the captivating movie.They didn't even hear the door open.
"Hello o" Toun said flinging her bag on the chair,she had seen her brother's car in the garage but now seeing Rekia in his arms sent jittery down her spine.
Both of them were startled,glancing back at the same time.Rekia was faced with the worst of her nightmares.she quickly got up.
"What's happening here?" She asked no one in particular,but Rekia and Adekunle knew the question was thrown to them.
Adekunle looked quite relaxed unlike Rekia was beginning to feel cold.
"Welcome back sister." Adekunle smiled to ease the awkwardness in the room.The temperature had trippled over.
Toun looked from Rekia to brother,"What's happening here?" She repeated,perhaps they didn't hear her at first.
"I came to visit my girlfriend." Adekunle took the bull by the horn.
"Who?"
"Rekia."
Toun laughed dryly,what kind of joke is this."You really are joking ba?"
"Rekia is my girlfriend."He got up and placed his arms around her.
"Oh someone has gone dumb here,is that true Rekia?"
Rekia nodded her head and looked away.This was a disaster.
"How could you?Rekia? You of all people,what did I do to deserve this,why must it be my brother?"Toun lamented staring at my friend.
"Oh sister,you're embarrassing her,please stop it." Adekunle pleaded.
"You can't understand,she is even older than you."
"Age is a number,I aint complaining."
"I am...complaining,you can't have anything to do with her,I won't let you,I won't watch you destroy your life,with this thing."
"You need to understand that I love her and that's all that matters to me."
"Says who?"
"Says me sis,I am old enough to do what I like and love who I choose." Adekunle replied his sister.
"Over my dead body."
"Who gave you the right to fawn over me?What makes you think that I am going to listen to your talks?"
"I am your sister."
"Where were you when I,my sister and our mother needed you? Where was your sisterly advice.Please Toun stay out of this." Adekunle warned. He held Rekia by her hands and led her outside.
"Calm down." He pulled her into his arms.she was sobbing hard now.
"Everything is going to be fine.Do you know why my sister does want us to be together?" he asked.
She hesitated for an instant,"No...no...I have no idea." She lied,this was the time to tell him,but she couldn't muster enough courage,she didn't have the heart.Oh God!Why me.
"Good...we'll sort this out,I promise you we will." He placed a kiss on her forehead."Stop crying."He wiped her face."I'll give you a call when I get home."
He got into his car,and she opened the gate for him to drive out.She closed the gate,and took frightful steps back into the house,where her doom awaits her.

See ya soon.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband......... by SIMLINA(f): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2016
wow! thrilling update! Flakky you are too much joor! but please update soon, the suspense is killing!
Re: My Husband......... by Kflorencek(f): 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
nice one Flakky, thanks for the update. but please try and update more frequently
Re: My Husband......... by gracewealth007(f): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nice update,but then let it not be like forever for the next update huh?
Re: My Husband......... by kerr9(f): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
i can't really remember what happened that Jacob has to live Jane on the way.all the sane sha good to have u back. hope u won't go on strike again

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by singlefade25(f): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2016
thanks flakky
Re: My Husband......... by dgholmes: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
curvydiva:

Plus it's high time she revealed the suspenses in the story. Each update revolves around what we know already. Jacob's anger, Jane being beaten, and the weddings they've been planning for months. My opinion, tho.

you are right, that's what most episodes now revolves on. One is getting weary of it all

4 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by SweetieConstie(f): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks for the Update ma'am flakky...

Please, try to update more frequently as the suspense is getting unbearable! Thank you ma.

cc: Flakkydagirl

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by vivor: 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
I have lost my interest sef, before the next update will come it will take ten years, when she wanted to get our attention, she will update 10 episodes at a go, nw I wonder Wat the hold up is for. I still maintain the fact that u wuld hav gotten the entire story together before uploading, if u want people's opinion about the book, u can't get it, cus the wuld have forgotten Wat went wrong in the last episode before the next one comes. U will only get poor observations en opinions

12 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Sparkles003(f): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
Dear flakky.
i appriciate the fact that you took the time to update us with your lovely story but honestly i feel you purposely keep dragging this your story.haba!!!!over years now and you keep feeding us with piece meals(one episode after 3 months of absence) of the story rather then posting long updates of atlest 5episodes.i feel you take your readers for granted cos you feel no matter how long you go absent when you update they will still read your story.
well i will still read your stories cos they are good but the zeal etc for it has drastically reduced.
from one of your readers.

19 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2016
The child that was born when this story started is already in school, It took me one week to catch up, I thought I was reading an already finished story, only to get here and find that it's still dragging on after years,na wah o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by SweetieConstie(f): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2016
cekhoe:
The child that was born when this story started is already in school, It took me one week to catch up, I thought I was reading an already finished story, only to get here and find that it's still dragging on after years,na wah o

Lol... You're right oo... Exactly the same thing I experienced when I started reading it too...

The story made Frontpage on the 11th of April and that was when I started reading it! I was able to catch-up in two weeks... It took me sleepless nights too... But I didn't bother, thinking I'd read the story to the end! I was really disappointed when I saw it wasn't finished yet! Lmao!grin

Btw, it's a very beautiful story with extreme suspense! I even told my friends about it and they felt same way too!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.