Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Free Driving Lessons For 20 People - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Free Driving Lessons For 20 People (18682 Views)

Driving Lessons: How Long Does It Take To Learn And Get A Drivers License? / Your First Driving Lessons / Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lessons on Day 4 just ended.
I'm proud of Hariyoh's progress. He has just one last contact session and he's good to go, whatever is left are things you learn from personal discovery-the rudiments are almost complete.
Hariyoh, pls if there's anything you have benefitted from this gesture, pls feel free to post it and don't forget to thank Mr Seun and our kind mods for making it possible.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
My insistence on people having a car to learn with is because then they can practice on their own and master the skills taught before the next class. Anyone who has a car gets along quicker than the one who doesn't. So many have paid heavily in driving schools and still can't drive themselves partly because of this.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
smartg :
Even if i buy a new car today, i will not need you to teach me how to drive cos i don't know you.
Even if you go and pay your hard-earned money in a driving school you still won't know your instructor until the d-school assigns someone to teach you. Usually, people don't know who will teach them to drive till they are ready to learn and everything is set. This is one ignorant poster.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
chegson: I doubt the sincerity of this type of offer. How does the op expect the trainee to get to the venue of training and back home with his/her car? Or may be the training is going to be conducted online or through correspondence. The op needs to shed more light on the offer.
Feel free to ask Hariyoh. Thank you
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
Let me start by thanking Oluwaseun Osewa for creating this medium of communication cum network, the modrator for doing a yeoman's job and finally my professional tutor (Mr. Oluseye), a devoted christian whom I observed closely with few days have passion for teaching people techniques on driving. I met him for the first time on tuesday (5 days ago), we went into action without delay and I can boldly beat my chest that he his a man with good intention (let me tell u this for the benefit of nairalanders that's are doubting, after just 5 days, I left the car with the engine running and also this man (Mr. Oluseye whom I never know his house) today for about 10 minutes to met up with a friend around my neighbourhood but the car never disappeared (Let me say this to fellow nairalanders, never judge people not until you have tested them, I won't say more than this...period). I can boldly say I learnt driving techniques (about 3 in numbers) which may likely not be taught in the driving school. (Btw people around makes remark such as "why do I use learner" when I took the car out on my own without my tutor). I have been updating this tread simply because am the first and only student for now and believe that hopefully by next week or there about other beneficiary of this gesture will come and testify too. Once more, thank you my tutor for knowledge impacted and I pray that by the virtue of this your little contributions to touch lives, it will be a point of contact for all your prayer request and will bring forth a positive response in Jesus' name (Amen) because you dedicated, your time, finances, energy and even took great risk... I say once more "GOD WILL ALWAYS RAISE HELP FOR YOU AT THE POINT OF YOUR NEED IN JESUS' NAME- AMEN". I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hariyoh, nice to see you've gained confidence in your driving, under Oluseye's tuition, I'm really happy for you. smiley

Just one thing I'm not clear on - why did you feel the need to emphasise the fact you left your car with a running engine, while Oluseye was in charge of it? Why did you have to leave the engine running in the first instance? Does your car have trouble starting on it's own, or it requires a push or jump start?

Just trying to understand, no offence intended.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
@Siena, thanks for the compliment. I emphases that just because of a lot of doubting Thomas in here on nairaland and more so, I had to pick a friend, whom we have last seen for a long time and he was just down the street off our driving spot and I had to pick him up because he is not familiar with the terrain. The car is in good condition and no big deal for asking. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
It's Day 5- final day

Teaching people to drive has been my passion for years now, that explains why i offered the free driving lessons. Today, i rounded up with one of my students for the free driving lessons.

From Ikosi-Ketu, we drove up CMD road past NEPA went under the Berger link bridge to Marwa Gardens area and back. My student got a grip of the balance of the clutch and throttle better thus having little or no "jerky" starts and stops. I am confident he's ready to face Lagos roads with the type of calmness he displayed as he flowed with the traffic...

Above all, this has been one successful project...no cars disappeared, no crashes, no injuries...nothing...only: needed skills learnt, lasting relationships built and God glorified!

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Am sorry for updating this tread late, my tutor kindly accept my apology, it was due to some unavoidable circumstances. Am glad I benefited from this free driving training from Mr. Oluseye (a young christian) via this social media (Nairaland courtesy of Mr. Oluwaseun Osewa and our ever co-ordinating moderator - Mr. Ikenna) and lastly to God almighty for his protection and direction through out the 5-days training, we never experience any slight scratch not to mention of accident with the ever busy and hustling (btw the rough rider - danfo drivers, impatient Napep riders and professional okada riders were not helping matters but made cautious and vigilant even as I learn, "I also hail una ooo") road. I keep saying this over and over again, there are still few people (maybe 5-10%) that can be part of the change Nigeria requires to attain that mark of a great nation where we belong, let's endeavour to always encourage them and not to bring them down.
Firstly, if someone like Seun hadn't got the passion for this social media, people wouldn't be interested in visiting, giving such opportunity like this and comments won't be made, let's not all forget that Ikenna had been doing a wonderful jobs as he keeps knocking and check mating all the "rotten ones" with evil intention and lastly, this forum gives the likes of Oluseye the opportunity to give out part of their inbuilt skills free. I saw that he is passionate about the driving skills and I will say I am grateful to God to be one of the beneficiary of this.
Not forgetting those critics, i thank you for a job well done but I will advice you engage in more constructive criticism.
God bless you beyond your coast my professional tutor, thank you the moderator, thank you the founder himself (Seun Osewa), thank you all nairalanders, God bless nairaland and God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by pragmatistm(m): 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Eyesulo, I hope you are still coming up with the solution for those of us without a car. I really want to learn this December. Though my car is on its way, I cant bring it. So if you can bring up a solution to that, even if it requires that I will pay a token, I don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
pragmatist_m: @Eyesulo, I hope you are still coming up with the solution for those of us without a car. I really want to learn this December. Though my car is on its way, I cant bring it. So if you can bring up a solution to that, even if it requires that I will pay a token, I don't mind.
I can work something out with a friend's car. Call my no up let's discuss the details. Cheers
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by pragmatistm(m): 3:21am On Dec 18, 2013
EyesulO:
I can work something out with a friend's car. Call my no up let's discuss the details. Cheers

Thanks. I will give you a call.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Mickyboiz: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
M interested 2
EyesulO:
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by mahobi: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
D.R.I in lekki is offering a similar program the OP intended, regardless of if you have a car or not. But its a day training. Hey no knowledge is wasted.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by gbadaniyi(m): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2015
Naija are forms of Tokunbo$ used cars. And Tokunbo cars always come with one key, due to advancement of technology of the censor/ programming keys and so call smart key, push/ press bolting. U will need to make a duplicate of ur car key, which as to be programmed by electronic machine, diagonis and computerize on d immobilizer of d car.
MAKE YOUR SPARE KEY AT Am saab KEY CLINIC
Call on 08077983808
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by watzz: 12:30pm On May 07, 2016
I need help as regards learning how to drive, I don't have a car... I stay in Badagry, anyone willing to help?
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by mahobi: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Someone told me about this website. http://drivingschool.com.ng

You can get more information about driving schools near you, that are cheap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.