Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66106 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Gbola5:

Yes, she's a woods witch. Also called the Ghost of HighHeart. Its Lem Lemoncloak, what do you mean ?

And no, the size of ASOIAF is 14.9mb, im finding it hard to send through email. I'll keep trying.

ASOIAF? I thought you meant The world of ice n fire written by a Maester!

Gmail doesn't send beyond 6mb you may want to use yahoo. If you have em in drop box or file its best I think. Thanks
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
moski5:

ASOIAF? I thought you meant The world of ice n fire written by a Maester!

Gmail doesn't send beyond 6mb you may want to use yahoo. If you have em in drop box or file its best I think. Thanks

I meant TWOIAF. I dont have a yahoo account.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 1:19am On Jul 10, 2015
Guys, the best way to transfer the books is through bbm.

I just finished watching season 5 of the show (I didn't watch before because I was waiting for the whole season to be completed) and I can only say wow!

I can't believe they actually went through with the 'walk of shame' part and boy was it a success! I'd say it was inspired. I also dig the fight at hardhome and the way Deanerys got to ride drogon. Seems like the show has finally caught up with the books by ending with Jon's stabbing.

I think we are going to get our hands on TWOW before next season premiers. I just don't see how they could go around it without spoiling the books for readers.

I must say though, I completely enjoy this season. Great show.

3 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by CorneliusSulla8: 6:45am On Jul 10, 2015
Gbola5:
This might mean everything or it might mean nothing. There are oher characters who also seem mysterious, like Gerold Dayne 'Darkstar' or Septa Lemore or the Gravedigger or Robert Strong or the Shavepate or the Alchemist. That doesnt mean they have something big to do or anything. Same for Lem, GRRM might not even reveal it, he might just leave it at that, hence they could mean everything or nothing to the plot.
Thanks for the response
I think howland reed would be the one to clear up the mystery around the whole TOJ saga.
The fight between the Cleagane brothers will happen it might not be too Clear Cersei name but the dog isn't dead.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

Thanks for the response
I think howland reed would be the one to clear up the mystery around the whole TOJ saga.
The fight between the Cleagane brothers will happen it might not be too Clear Cersei name but the dog isn't dead.

Yes, Sandor is still alive and is the Gravedigger at Quiet Isle. Im glad you noticed.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Back on the road, the septon said, “We would do well to keep a watch tonight, my friends. The villagers say they’ve seen three broken men skulking round the dunes, west of the old watchtower.” “Only three?” Ser Hyle smiled. “Three is honey to our swordswench. They’re not like to trouble armed men.” “Unless they’re starving,” the septon said. “There is food in these marshes, but only for those with the eyes to find it, and these men are strangers here, survivors from some battle. If they should accost us, ser, I beg you, leave them to me.” “What will you do with them?” “Feed them. Ask them to confess their sins, so that I might forgive them. Invite them to come with us to the Quiet Isle.” “That’s as good as inviting them to slit our throats as we sleep,” Hyle Hunt replied. “Lord Randyll has better ways to deal with broken men—steel and hempen rope.” “Ser? My lady?” said Podrick. “Is a broken man an outlaw?” “More or less,” Brienne answered. Septon Meribald disagreed. “More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They’ve heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know. “Then they get a taste of battle. “For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they’ve been gutted by an axe. “They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that’s still half- healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water. “If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they’re fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it’s just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don’t know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they’re fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world… “And the man breaks. “He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them…but he should pity them as well.” When Meribald was finished a profound silence fell upon their little band. Brienne could hear the wind rustling through a clump of pussywillows, and farther off the faint cry of a loon. She could hear Dog panting softly as he loped along beside the septon and his donkey, tongue lolling from his mouth. The quiet stretched and stretched, until finally she said, “How old were you when they marched you off to war?” “Why, no older than your boy,” Meribald replied. “Too young for such, in truth, but my brothers were all going, and I would not be left behind. Willam said I could be his squire, though Will was no knight, only a potboy armed with a kitchen knife he’d stolen from the inn. He died upon the Stepstones, and never struck a blow. It was fever did for him, and for my brother Robin. Owen died from a mace that split his head apart, and his friend Jon Pox was hanged for rape.” “The War of the Ninepenny Kings?” asked Hyle Hunt. “So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was.”

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

Thanks for the response

Are you sure the Cleagane brothers will still have their fight? Ser Robert Strong is not exactly the mountain and assuming the grave digger is actually Sandor, I don't think Clegane will still have the fight in him. Besides, how exactly will their paths cross?

Having seen the show I'm not exactly sure book Stannis will last much longer. I mean, what are the chances that the show will kill a major character who is still alive in the books except such person is already marked for death?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Ayonbobo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
I just finished watching season 5 final episode and I can't get myself to believe that Jon Snow is really dead, any lead in the book??
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by CorneliusSulla8: 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
oluamid:

Are you sure the Cleagane brothers will still have their fight? Ser Robert Strong is not exactly the mountain and assuming the grave digger is actually Sandor, I don't think Clegane will still have the fight in him. Besides, how exactly will their paths cross?

Having seen the show I'm not exactly sure book Stannis will last much longer. I mean, what are the chances that the show will kill a major character who is still alive in the books except such person is already marked for death?
I'll bet good money that TV stannis is still alive when has the Tvshow ever shied away from killing a character in a brutal manner ?
If the next season doesn't begin with stannis head on a spike then he is still alive.

I don't know how the Cleagane brother part will cross but it won't happen at Cersei trial and it will happen.

Why would you think Robert strong isn't the mountain not to many giants in king's landing
It might be vague in the books but the tvshow all but confirmed it.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2015
oluamid:

The show is not canon. If Stannis dies in the show doesnt affect the books. And its not likely Stannis is dead, but if he was, it doesnt affect book Stannis, because the show is not canon.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Gbola5:

The show is not canon. If Stannis dies in the show doesnt affect the books. And its not likely Stannis is dead, but if he was, it doesnt affect book Stannis, because the show is not canon.

True. But then you'll agree with me that if show Stannis dies then a major show plot dies with him. I think Briene spared him.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2015
After rereading the Purple Wedding. It seems like it might have been Garlan that poisoned the wine in the chalice. Or Leonette if the sitting arrangement was Lord-Lady-Lord. Olenna is to short to have reached the three feet chalice on the table that's in front of Tyrion. Seems like the other Tyrells were in on it. But also while rereading, Joffrey eats the pie first, the one served to Tyrion, before he coughs and then drinks the wine, i started wondering if it was the pie that was poisoned or the wine. If it was the pie, was it the same person who wanted Joffrey killed that poisoned it, if so how did the person know Joff would just come back to Tyrions table to force him to eat the pie, thereby eating it himself. Or was it a different person, who wanted Tyrion dead and Joffrey died instead. Wonder if anyone has noticed too.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2015
Gbola5:
After rereading the Purple Wedding. It seems like it might have been Garlan that poisoned the wine in the chalice. Or Leonette if the sitting arrangement was Lord-Lady-Lord. Olenna is to short to have reached the three feet chalice on the table that's in front of Tyrion. Seems like the other Tyrells were in on it. But also while rereading, Joffrey eats the pie first, the one served to Tyrion, before he coughs and then drinks the wine, i started wondering if it was the pie that was poisoned or the wine. If it was the pie, was it the same person who wanted Joffrey killed that poisoned it, if so how did the person know Joff would just come back to Tyrions table to force him to eat the pie, thereby eating it himself. Or was it a different person, who wanted Tyrion dead and Joffrey died instead. Wonder if anyone has noticed too.

the poisening was done by lady Olenna via Sansa's hairnet Read b4 d wedding n d discuss btw Sansa n d fool
Bro how far d Twoiaf ... I now have a way for you to send it ... I'll send the details of my yahoo account when you reply my inmail
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2015
Bran saw some stuff while looking through the tree eg a man been executed by a silver haired lady
was that d past or future?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2015
for those of you that claim the hound is still alive
The Elder Brother tells Brienne... “ "I buried him myself. I can tell you where his grave lies, if you wish. I covered him with stones to keep the carrion eaters from digging up his flesh, and set his helm atop the cairn to mark his final resting place."
A Feast for Crows , Chapter 31
Nb any new chapters?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
moski5:

the poisening was done by lady Olenna via Sansa's hairnet Read b4 d wedding n d discuss btw Sansa n d fool
Bro how far d Twoiaf ... I now have a way for you to send it ... I'll send the details of my yahoo account when you reply my inmail

Could i just give you a link to download from ?!. I dont have a yahoo account. And i've tried opening one.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2015
moski5:
for those of you that claim the hound is still alive

The Elder Brother tells Brienne...
“ "I buried him myself. I can tell you
where his grave lies, if you wish. I
covered him with stones to keep the
carrion eaters from digging up his
flesh, and set his helm atop the
cairn to mark his final resting
place."

A Feast for Crows , Chapter 31

Nb any new chapters?

Sandor is alive. If you read before that, the elder brother talked of death figuratively not literally.

Unless you've not read Alayne I, no new chapter.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
moski5:
Bran saw some stuff while looking through the tree eg a man been executed by a silver haired lady
was that d past or future?

He sees events from present to past. This one is of a woman giving a sacrifice to the Old Gods. Its unknown who these are, but thats what is happening.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
This comes first before what you posted.
“The Hound is dead, Sandor is at
rest.”
“Theman you hunt is dead."
"The Hound died there, in my arms."
He mentions the Hound, Sandor is at rest.
He also talks of himself dieing, and coming back in a second life. So when he talked about his death and Sandors, he means it figuratively.
"I never saw the blow that felled me.
Before I could turn something
slammed into my head and knocked
me back into the river, where by
rights I should have drowned. Instead
I woke here, upon the Quiet Isle. The
Elder Brother told me I had washed
up on the tide, naked as my name
day. We are all born naked, so I
suppose it was only fitting that I
come into my second life the same
way."
Also Stranger is there and is now called Driftwood
“That was his warhorse, Stranger. A
blasphemous name. We prefer to call
him Driftwood. Handsome he may be,
but Driftwood was surely whelped in
hell. When we sought to harness him
to a plow he kicked Brother Rawney
and broke his shinbone in two places.
We had hoped gelding might improve
the beast’s ill temper, but... Brother
Gillam, will you show them?” Brother
Gillam lowered his cowl. Underneath
he had a mop of blond hair, a
tonsured scalp, and a bloodstained
bandage where he should have had
an ear. Podrick gasped. “The horse
bit off your ear?” Gillam nodded, and
covered his head again.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
They passed a lichyard where a brother bigger than Brienne was struggling to dig a grave. From the way he moved, it was plain to see that he was lame. As he flung a spadeful of the stony soil over one shoulder, some chanced to spatter against their feet. “Be more watchful there,” chided Brother Narbert. The gravedigger lowered his head. When Dog went to sniff him he dropped his spade and scratched his ear. “A novice,” explained Narbert.
If that isnt hint enough i dont know what is.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Gbola5:

Could i just give you a link to download from ?!. I dont have a yahoo account. And i've tried opening one.

yes do send the link
Thanks
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
Arya was told to learn 3 things daily Why was dat

Rereading a section of the Book I found that Arya's warg abilities are "activated

Cant wait for book6

Gbola5 you too much

Download complete
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
moski5:
Arya was told to learn 3 things daily Why was dat

Rereading a section of the Book I found that Arya's warg abilities are "activated

Cant wait for book6

Gbola5 you too much

Download complete

Faceless Men are heavily involved in gathering information. Its just like training with the ear as she did with her other senses when she went blind.
Aye, thanks.
And yes her abilities are activated, even though she does it in her sleep she later does it wide awake with the cat to find the kindly man. So was Robb's, Rickon's, Jon's, and ofcourse Bran's. Sansa's been hampered with the death of Lady.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2015
Take note that the book is biased. He clearly was in favour of House Lannister and Robert when writing TWOIAF. Maybe Pycelle's scheming.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
Gbola5:
Take note that the book is biased. He clearly was in favour of House Lannister and Robert when writing TWOIAF. Maybe Pycelle's scheming.

Naturally. The book was addressed to the king, so the parts concerning him were painted in flattering colors. If you have the original pdf copy of the book, you'll notice that the king's name (who at the time of final "publishing", was Tommen I) seemed to be scratched and written over; that's cos the book was initially addressed to Robert (who gored himself on a boar), then it was readdressed again to Joffrey who sadly choked on his pigeon-pie before he could receive it. And so it was Tommen the Meek that finally got the book.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
pls can somebody who still have the PDF copies help me send it to a friend? I agreed to download and send to him but am having problems downloading.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
kay9:

Naturally. The book was addressed to the king, so the parts concerning him were painted in flattering colors. If you have the original pdf copy of the book, you'll notice that the king's name (who at the time of final "publishing", was Tommen I) seemed to be scratched and written over; that's cos the book was initially addressed to Robert (who gored himself on a boar), then it was readdressed again to Joffrey who sadly choked on his pigeon-pie before he could receive it. And so it was Tommen the Meek that finally got the book.

Exactly what i mean. He praised the Lannisters and Baratheons to the sky. And you could see he was biased against the North and Dorne. He's an unreliable narator. He displaces magic even though we readers know of its existence as of ADWD. Its clear he was from the Reach, he overpraised his kingdom also.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2015
I keep getting PMs from people who want to have
the books transfered to them. It's not easy to transfer them via email and the best way to do so is via bbm. So if you want the books and any other add-ons, all you need to do is add me on bbm and request for it. Here's my pin:

52FE94BF.

Simply add me up and request for the book. I'll be happy to oblige. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2015
GRRM was in Sharknado 3. Saw it yesterday, he got eaten by a shark. 'Twas funny.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ApexTitan(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Gbola5:
GRRM was in Sharknado 3. Saw it yesterday, he got eaten by a shark. 'Twas funny.

Is that why he won't complete his books? grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 2:59am On Sep 09, 2015
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I must say I am impressed at the depth of analysis here. I am currently reading asoiaf for the second time and I know I missed a lot the first time round. Funny enough this Time i am skipping all the stories from the wall.

I have to start afresh again and I have no regrets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.