Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66170 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
armadeo:
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I must say I am impressed at the depth of analysis here. I am currently reading asoiaf for the second time and I know I missed a lot the first time round. Funny enough this Time i am skipping all the stories from the wall.

I have to start afresh again and I have no regrets.

Good for you. If i reread again that'll make it ×6..xD: Dont skip any part, not on your second reread. Dont skip, "Ed fetch me a block" it symbolizes something for Jon. Or Bael the Bard's story or the pink letter. Dont skip any.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 6:00am On Sep 10, 2015
Gbola5:

Good for you. If i reread again that'll make it ×6..xD: Dont skip any part, not on your second reread. Dont skip, "Ed fetch me a block" it symbolizes something for Jon. Or Bael the Bard's story or the pink letter. Dont skip any.

Already on feast for crows. I have really skipped a lot. I would finish up take a break and start again. No skipping this time.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
One of these days I'd have to start a re-read. GGRM no dey try at all. Although he must have finished writing by now if we are to get a release next year.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Who knows why Dolorous Edd is at the wall. What sort of crime could such depresso commit?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluamid:
One of these days I'd have to start a re-read. GGRM no dey try at all. Although he must have finished writing by now if we are to get a release next year.

Been very busy so I haven't had time to complete asoiaf for now. Still on affc.

Though thanks to this thread I have gotten some more books concerning asoiaf which I plan to read later. I will wait till I am on leave and religiously read the nature works slowly.

This is the best I have seen in a long time.

Ranksup there with shogun and the godfather.

I also loved a book called a blackbird in silver. I read that book in 1991 and have never been able to get the other 2 parts. I am sorely tempted to buy it online.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 5:59am On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 5:59am On Sep 16, 2015
Vivly:
Who knows why Dolorous Edd is at the wall. What sort of crime could such depresso commit?

Nice question though In my read/rereads I didnt c such a reference
We await book 6

singing .... the dornish mans Wife....

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Vivly:
He didnt commit a crime. He was tricked by Yoren into joining, he wasnt told about their vows though. Poor Edd.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by snrr(f): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
would love to hav the books.....
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2015
snrr:
would love to hav the books.....

oluamid dropped his pin in d previous page U can add him n he'll send it to yu or yu can send me an inmail I'll try send it
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 8:54am On Sep 19, 2015
Gbola5:

He didnt commit a crime. He was tricked by Yoren into joining, he wasnt told about their vows though. Poor Edd.

where in the book did this happen? I thought their world knew about the consequences of joining even b4 taking the vows!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2015
moski5:

where in the book did this happen? I thought their world knew about the consequences of joining even b4 taking the vows!

Edd explained to Jon. He taught dressing all in black would attract the ladies. Besides even Jon didnt know.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
now reading a dance with dragons again. whew book 5. actually second time around and i realised i rushed through the last 2 books and missed alot.

i have to start again sometime soon. meanwhile i got the other asoiaf books mystery knight, a sworn sword and the world of ice and fire. will read those before i begin again. epic man epic.

meanwhile awaiting the winds of winter like mad. i might actually buy it not wiat for a download.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2015
armadeo:
now reading a dance with dragons again. whew book 5. actually second time around and i realised i rushed through the last 2 books and missed alot.

i have to start again sometime soon. meanwhile i got the other asoiaf books mystery knight, a sworn sword and the world of ice and fire. will read those before i begin again. epic man epic.

meanwhile awaiting the winds of winter like mad. i might actually buy it not wiat for a download.

do send me the mystery knight n sworn sword tnx
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
armadeo:

Watch out for Maynard Plumm and the Fiddler while you read the Mystery Knight, take a closer look at them.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
moski5:

do send me the mystery knight n sworn sword tnx

link or mail?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
Gbola5:

Watch out for Maynard Plumm and the Fiddler while you read the Mystery Knight, take a closer look at them.

thanks will do so
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2015
armadeo:

link or mail?
link is better
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2015
armadeo:

link or mail?
link is better
if yu have the link for Asoif do put the link up for others tnx
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
moski5:

link is better

if yu have the link for Asoif do put the link up for others tnx

dunk and egg

http://sharona1x2.com/hd_backup/Ebooks/Tales%20of%20Dunk%20and%20Egg/A%20Song%20of%20Ice%20and%20Fire%20-%2003%20-%20The%20Mystery%20Knight.pdf

a sworn sword

http://garglfluz.wikispaces.com/file/view/2003%20The%20Sworn%20Sword%20A%20Tale%20Of%20The%20Seven%20Kingdoms.pdf

i used IDM. these books are online just google free download pdf and add the title.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
armadeo:

dunk and egg

http://sharona1x2.com/hd_backup/Ebooks/Tales%20of%20Dunk%20and%20Egg/A%20Song%20of%20Ice%20and%20Fire%20-%2003%20-%20The%20Mystery%20Knight.pdf

a sworn sword

http://garglfluz.wikispaces.com/file/view/2003%20The%20Sworn%20Sword%20A%20Tale%20Of%20The%20Seven%20Kingdoms.pdf

i used IDM. these books are online just google free download pdf and add the title.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2015
Gbola5:

Y'all'll be posting pirated links.

i dont get it. i just googled it and thats what came up. i downloaded it straight with IDM. i dont understand pirated links. clarify pls
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
armadeo:

i dont get it. i just googled it and thats what came up. i downloaded it straight with IDM. i dont understand pirated links. clarify pls

Does books are for free.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
Gbola5:

Does books are for free.

i get it, links to paid sites?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
armadeo:

i get it, links to paid sites?

None.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
So I was a lil bored and thought to go look up my old love, the ASoIaF/GoT thread... Anyway long story short, I was spurred to go dig for new news wink

Aproko from the Grapevine #1: Winds of Winter could be out by April '16!
I for one really hope this turns out true; I'd really prefer to read the book first before season 6 premieres.

Aproko from the Grapevine #2: Season 6 has already begun shooting... and Jon Snow is back!!
Ok, perhaps this particular bit didn't surprise me that much, but it still feels good to have that confirmation. The Wall won't be the same without his dour face constantly reminding everyone that Winter is coming!

Aproko from the Grapevine #3: At last, Tower of Joy is coming to the small screen!!
Personally this is best piece of "aproko" for me -Sean Bean will likely make a return... Lynna Stark, Howland Reed, plus the last Sword of the Morning, Ser Arthur Dayne! Eye candy!!! grin

Aproko from the Grapevine #4: The Crow's Eye might set sail
Casting calls for Season 6 supposedly includes one for a "hard, cunning pirate"; mmmmh.... anyone else had the name Euron Greyjoy flash through his brain?

P.S: As usual, I'm too lazy to bother posting links. Find your own spoilers and spoil it for yourself by yourself! wink

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
kay9:
So I was a lil bored and thought to go look up my old love, the ASoIaF/GoT thread... Anyway long story short, I was spurred to go dig for new news wink

Aproko from the Grapevine #1: Winds of Winter could be out by April '16!
I for one really hope this turns out true; I'd really prefer to read the book first before season 6 premieres.

Aproko from the Grapevine #2: Season 6 has already begun shooting... and Jon Snow is back!!
Ok, perhaps this particular bit didn't surprise me that much, but it still feels good to have that confirmation. The Wall won't be the same without his dour face constantly reminding everyone that Winter is coming!

Aproko from the Grapevine #3: At last, Tower of Joy is coming to the small screen!!
Personally this is best piece of "aproko" for me -Sean Bean will likely make a return... Lynna Stark, Howland Reed, plus the last Sword of the Morning, Ser Arthur Dayne! Eye candy!!! grin

Aproko from the Grapevine #4: The Crow's Eye might set sail
Casting calls for Season 6 supposedly includes one for a "hard, cunning pirate"; mmmmh.... anyone else had the name Euron Greyjoy flash through his brain?

P.S: As usual, I'm too lazy to bother posting links. Find your own spoilers and spoil it for yourself by yourself! wink

haha at your ending. You should have posted the links naaaaaa, now i'll have to leave the thread and go look for it. Brb.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
Guys check out this link it's about stuff in got we didn't know about www.nairaland.com/2661159/game-thrones-some-fascinating-facts#38924249

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 6:53am On Oct 13, 2015
zube01:
Guys check out this link it's about stuff in got we didn't know about www.nairaland.com/2661159/game-thrones-some-fascinating-facts#38924249

Some I already knew, while some I was glad to read for the first time... but "real life" Drogon was the best piece! grin
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Gbola5:

finished a sworn sword commencing mystery knight.

is there some story in the sworn sword i didnt see or do i take it at face value?.

Will note the characters above as i proceed

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
armadeo:

finished a sworn sword commencing mystery knight.

is there some story in the sworn sword i didnt see or do i take it at face value?.

Will note the characters above as i proceed

Well Rohanne Webber later becomes lady of Casterly Rock, and mother to four sons including Tytos(Tywin's father) and Jason (Joanna's father). But she had a thing for Dunk. And if you read TWOIAF she disappears. No one knows why. Might be she even fathered her children on Dunk. But that's far fetched. Also did you notice in the Hedge Knight the competitors for the Ashford Tourney...did you notice any parallel with Sansa's story ? Also the fact that victors write history.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Gbola5:

Well Rohanne Webber later becomes lady of Casterly Rock, and mother to four sons including Tytos(Tywin's father) and Jason (Joanna's father). But she had a thing for Dunk. And if you read TWOIAF she disappears. No one knows why. Might be she even fathered her children on Dunk. But that's far fetched. Also did you notice in the Hedge Knight the competitors for the Ashford Tourney...did you notice any parallel with Sansa's story ? Also the fact that victors write history.

spoilers!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.