Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66186 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Sent, bro.

Thanks bro.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by jusplex(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
oluamid:

Thanks bro.
Please can you send me the books too.thanks
email: justineobiazi@yahoo.com
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by jusplex(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
ihedinobi2: I hate ebooks, I swear. I still feel like I haven't really read the five books. Wish I could find the hard copies and a gun sad

Thank goodness we still have this thread.

Thanks I have gotten it
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2014
jusplex:

Thanks I have gotten it
Sure. Glad to help.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
This thread has gone cold, let's warm things up a bit. How many of us have read the Dunk and Egg tales? I've got a theory/question I'll like to throw to the house.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 10:57am On Jul 05, 2014
^ Where can one read this Dunk and Egg story? smiley
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
^ your email?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
oluamid: ^ your email?
In which book did Egg die?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by drollster(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2014

please send to me too : dewaleadelaja@gmail. com. Thanks.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 12:11am On Jul 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:
In which book did Egg die?

I have books 1 - 3 and Egg didn't die in any of them. It was Maester Aemon that told Samwell Tarly that Egg died but I'm yet to see where. GGRM will release 'the She-Wolves of Winterfell', the forth book of the series by december. Meanwhile, there's a book I'm looking for, its called The Princess and the Queen (or something like that). It's also about Westorosi history and the. Targeryen internecine wars. Read an excerpt from it and I'v been looking for a downloadable link ever since.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 12:14am On Jul 06, 2014
drollster:

please send to me too : dewaleadelaja@gmail. com. Thanks.

Sent.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by drollster(m): 6:55am On Jul 06, 2014
oluamid:

Sent.

Thanks.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 11:32am On Jul 06, 2014
Kindly send to
Rvolt1000@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bawss1:
Kindly send to
Rvolt1000@yahoo.com

Thanks

Done.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
oluamid:

I have books 1 - 3 and Egg didn't die in any of them. It was Maester Aemon that told Samwell Tarly that Egg died but I'm yet to see where. GGRM will release 'the She-Wolves of Winterfell', the forth book of the series by december. Meanwhile, there's a book I'm looking for, its called The Princess and the Queen (or something like that). It's also about Westorosi history and the. Targeryen internecine wars. Read an excerpt from it and I'v been looking for a downloadable link ever since.
Please share the link when you find it.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
oluamid:

It is part of an Anthology by various fantasy writers focused on only female characters. The books it self is called "Dangerous Women". I have an epub file though I haven't read it yet check torrentsites.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thanks Oluamid. Will get on it very soon.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
While we all await Oluamid's posers I want to ask this; What moments in ASOIAF did you find to be your funniest?

One that immediately comes to mind for me was the period of Sansa's naïveté at King's Landing and how her jaw would drop when she learned something surprising or shocking... I found those passages rather hilarious. The image of her face in sudden disbelief has imprinted itself on my mind grin

shocked shocked

Share yours people
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by olayiwolaaims: 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Please send me the book bolaji_akeem@live.com......thanks
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Bawss1: While we all await Oluamid's posers I want to ask this; What moments in ASOIAF did you find to be your funniest?

One that immediately comes to mind for me was the period of Sansa's naïveté at King's Landing and how her jaw would drop when she learned something surprising or shocking... I found those passages rather hilarious. The image of her face in sudden disbelief has imprinted itself on my mind grin

shocked shocked

Share yours people

I guess I'll have to think about it very well to come up with a good answer. But I really find the insolence of Ser Bronn of the Blackwater very funny. I also find Jon Snow's awkwardness the first time he was with Ygritte funny. That Ygritte na bad girl sha. Samwell Tarly's fear inspired courage of slaying a white walker is also very funny.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
Where are we?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 12:09am On Jul 12, 2014
We appear to be struggling to keep this thread alive. It seems there are no longer fans of ASOIAF here on Nland cry
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2014
oluamid:

The princess and the queen is part of the dangerous women ebook, among those I once sent you.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2014
Oahray: The princess and the queen is part of the dangerous women ebook, among those I once sent you.

[size=14pt]Yeah that's true. Will sink my teeth in. She-Wolves of Winterfell will be released after Wind of Winter and not in December.[/size]
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hello friends! I have watched the season 1-4 patiently waiting for 5! Been hearing about the novels and out of boredon I stumbled upon this thread! And so I will like to ask those of u that have read the books and also seen the movie! Are their differences between the films and novels?do I need to read the novels from book 1 to book5 or am I still in the game with just my knowledge of the films?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2014
zube01: Hello friends! I have watched the season 1-4 patiently waiting for 5! Been hearing about the novels and out of boredon I stumbled upon this thread! And so I will like to ask those of u that have read the books and also seen the movie! Are their differences between the films and novels?do I need to read the novels from book 1 to book5 or am I still in the game with just my knowledge of the films?

I've replied ur email but let me just add more. Its quite impossible for the tv series to capture the entire story of Westeros. The books are more explicit. Funny enough, even the books themselves i.e ASOIAF 1-5 did not cover the entire story and you need to read the other spin-offs (in addition to the books) to get the complete picture of things.

Thanks @Oahray, I've finished reading "The Princess and the Queen". Jeez! What a "dance" of dragons. Targeryens and their dragons were just falling right, left and centre like rain. One funny thing is that I can't keep up with the number of Aegons in this tale. I think we might see a new dragon or two (apart frm Deanerys' babies) in later books.

By the way, I'v converted the "Princess and the queen" book to pdf so lemme know if u need it.

This thread has gone a bit cold since the Nairaland attack dunno if the mods can help us give it a little prominence so other fans of the book can find it.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by drollster(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
^^^ please I need it. dewaleadelaja @gmail. com. Thanks.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
True! Just noticed! Pls can u hit me with all u've got on the books? Including the spin offs!@oluamid thanks!! email me
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
oluamid:

I've replied ur email but let me just add more. Its quite impossible for the tv series to capture the entire story of Westeros. The books are more explicit. Funny enough, even the books themselves i.e ASOIAF 1-5 did not cover the entire story and you need to read the other spin-offs (in addition to the books) to get the complete picture of things.

Thanks @Oahray, I've finished reading "The Princess and the Queen". Jeez! What a "dance" of dragons. Targeryens and their dragons were just falling right, left and centre like rain. One funny thing is that I can't keep up with the number of Aegons in this tale. I think we might see a new dragon or two (apart frm Deanerys' babies) in later books.

By the way, I'v converted the "Princess and the queen" book to pdf so lemme know if u need it.

This thread has gone a bit cold since the Nairaland attack dunno if the mods can help us give it a little prominence so other fans of the book can find it.
em... I'm very guilty of adding to this thread's 'coldness' ser. We lost so much on this thread. I've read basically every GRRM westeros-related book I know of (some twice), and the man doesn't seem ready to release the winds of winter just yet. Ayam vexing jare angry

After, the Princess and the Queen, I like Targeryens better, though I still don't think Deanerys among the smartest persons alive in the books. The Iron Throne would definitely be hers unless she changes her mind. With Drogon alone sef... *shudders* shocked

I have some silly theories sha, but I'd share them after I'm done with the Stephen King novel I'm currently on.

I agree with putting this on front page. Who be literature section mod sef?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danny ended A Dance With Dragons (ADWD) a weak and hungry girl sharing roasted horse meat with Drogon when Khal Jhaqo finds her. How do you guys think that scene would play out?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Oahray: Danny ended A $Dance With Dragons (ADWD) a weak and hungry girl sharing roasted horse meat with Drogon when Khal Jhaqo finds her. How do you guys think that scene would play out?

I don't think Khal Jhaqo would harm a hair on her body. Rather, I see a situation where Deanerys become Khaleesi again and go with Jhago's strength to sack Mereen. I also see her using Drogon to cause some wahala in the battle of Mereen. The most Jhaqo will so is to take her to the Dosh Kalen(?) those old Dothraki queens. Whichever way, I don't think Drogon will stand and watch any harm come to her, remember that Dragons and their riders share a kinda connection.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
Oahray: em... I'm very guilty of adding to this thread's 'coldness' ser. We lost so much on this thread. I've read basically every GRRM westeros-related book I know of (some twice), and the man doesn't seem ready to release the winds of winter just yet. Ayam vexing jare angry

After, the Princess and the Queen, I like Targeryens better, though I still don't think Deanerys among the smartest persons alive in the books. The Iron Throne would definitely be hers unless she changes her mind. With Drogon alone sef... *shudders* shocked

I have some silly theories sha, but I'd share them after I'm done with the Stephen King novel I'm currently on.

I agree with putting this on front page. Who be literature section mod sef?

Which Stephen King novel are you reading? There was a triology(?) (The Dark Tower series ) I was reading a while back maybe its the same one you are reading.

The attack really affected this thread (a whopping 13 pages). It seems most people who were part of the thread have lost their handles. In order to make this thread hit front page we have to endorse it here https://www.nairaland.com/1210134/endorse-topics-make-frontpage but unfortunately, the thread needs to be endorsed by someone other than the creator.

I think the mods are Cuddlemii and Mynd44 (not so sure though).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.