Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. (22680 Views)

Coming Back To Nigeria - Advice Needed / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Immigrating (relocating From Nigeria To U.S.A: Whats The Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by mazizitonene(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Naija is a country of hustlers
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Ikegift4real(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Don't even think twice about returning. . Naija is bizzare 4 nw. . .chill in yankee untill after 2015.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by made001(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
The only advice I can give U is if U r passionate about relocating, think about being an employer of labour rather than Jon hunting.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by damola1: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall: I want to relocate back to Nigeria from the United States and I just have some questions.

1) is this advisable to move from the U.S back to Nigeria?

2) are there any job opportunities available that one can make a comfortable living from?

3)what are the road and traffic conditions in Nigeria now days?

4) and has police harassment and political corruptions reduced? thanks.

As for relocation,it's your personal choice influenced by what's happening to you.

As for roads and traffic,our roads are still bad and traffic is killing in major parts of Lagos especially Mon - Sat.

As for police,guy u gas behave well o cus na dem still be oga o.

Also,electricity supply is still insufficient,so you may need inverter or buy electric generator.

Generally,if you have lived in Nigeria before and finding life not so good in the US you can still scope if you come back home.Your qualifications and experience will help you in getting good jobs here.
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by made001(m): 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
The only advice I can give U is; if U r passionate about relocating, think about being an employer of labour rather than Job hunting.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by princeonx: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall: I want to relocate back to Nigeria from the United States and I just have some questions.

2) are there any job opportunities available that one can make a comfortable living from?

Pls change your user/profile name cux with this questions you don't know ........
Or you actually know answers to your own questions but just want to start something.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Richiy(f): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Abeg wait till after 2015 elections.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
made001: The only advice I can give U is; if U r passionate about relocating, think about being an employer of labour rather than Job hunting.

I like your response.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by tonychristopher: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2013

FOR ALL THESE YEARS ...HAVENT YOU SAVED IN USA, YOU SHOULD BE THINKING OF COMMING TO OPEN A COMPANY NOT SEARCHING FOR JOB....
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by slimtriggaman: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
[b][/b] your questions are relative, but one thing I must tell you, if you're planning to comeback, then make it gradual first start with visiting for a week or month, then judge and decide by what you see if coming back finally is worth it or not

My 1kobo opinion
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by pragmatistm(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
You can come back home
There are plenty opportunities but plan to start your own business.Good businesses such starting a school (secondary or tertiary), ICT business, etc are doing well in naija and many importation businesses. Cheers.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by sexymixy(f): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]just come on a two weeks vacation all your question will b answered!
smileyjust come on a two weeks vacation all your question will b answered!
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by pato405(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
@OP,

There's no big deal. Dispel your fears, take the bull by the horn and face your challenges with courage.

I'm also relocating from the UK to Nigeria, but with a positive mindset.

Best of Luck !
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Burnaaboi(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
ddis 1 is a curse oo
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Elxandre(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
I sense you were not even born in America.

Well Naija is not America yet.
You claim to know about Nigeria yet you still ask all these questions?
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by adino(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
@Op
just remain as a salesman with Macdonalds cos u know nothing, absolutely nothing about Nigeria.
Before I forget and F.Y.I, ordinary shopless computer village husslers here in Naija earn more than you do in U.S.A.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Elxandre(m): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
martronilla: unless u wanna come and hawk gala in the traffic because therez no job for u here
Never knew you were a gala hawker.
I thought you were one cool chick grin
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Gracified1: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
martronilla: unless u wanna come and hawk gala in the traffic because therez no job for u here
OMGosh this had me laughing so hard tears were dropping. Hahahaha
Hawk gala...lmao
Here's my advice tho, take a month out to visit the country...it's a short stay but you can have a feel of what the situation is like. Everyone saying there are numerous opportunities are speaking from their own experience and knowledge. Every man's situation is peculiar-you might get here and not make in the alleged business where others are taking millions. I'll advise you to come have a feel yourself especially if you haven't been home for a while. If you have a family, might not be a good idea to bring me just yet.
Hope that was able to help.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by maja01: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lol.....hope u r not deported sha
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2013

There are opportunities and jobs in Nigeria if you know the right people. But as far as the roads and traffic conditions are concerned, it can't be compared to some other African countries let alone the US. You have to learn to manage.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
adino: @Op
just remain as a salesman with Macdonalds cos u know nothing, absolutely nothing about Nigeria.
Before I forget and F.Y.I, ordinary shopless computer village husslers here in Naija earn more than you do in U.S.A.

I should remain a salesman in MacDonald? I didnt even know that MacDonald had salesman. Where is your misguided anger

coming from? I just asked simple questions.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Incase you are back and need a house, we have a nice one at yaba left.

11 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by boneruns(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
The OP is a core critic of Nigeria. He has always discouraged people from staying in a Nigeria, and always advised them to desperately relocate out of Nigeria.

I wonder what he now sees in the country he resents so much.

Goodluck.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by kayClt(f): 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

If you dont have advice to give then relax my friend. but we both can agree that there are very little opportunities in Nigeria.
so u knw dat dere r very little opprtunties in nigeria,so y asking all d question abt relocating,pls stay where u r d country is already over populated.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by papushki(m): 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
I cant advice u to relocate or not to relocate to naija cos its ur choice. What I can say if u want to is,

1) have a plan before coming, a location u will like to stay and what u want to do. Pls don't come in an think tins will just fall into place for u ( naija no easy ) so I will advice u secure a job first before coming except u already know wat u want to do.

2) Abuja is ok when talking abt roads and traffic but accommodation is really expensive.

3) Police harassment is almost zero percent in Abuja cos they do not know how connected d person is

4) Political corruption is at d highest level now as far as I know

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
illitrate: Incase you are back and need a house, we have a nice one at yaba left.

I am right handed so I actually prefer the houses at Yaba right but thanks for the offer my friend.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Malvonspeare: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Erri bdy needs a break once in a while,comin down 2 nigeria uld rock ur world...Hehehe *evil grin*
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by bigx(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
You asked a question where you're already prejudiced, I dont see the point.
I just see you reciting the the same chants never do wells use in Nigeria as an excuse not to better their lot.

Choose who you listen to, there is money to be made in Nigeria a lot putside Politics as you mentioned.

If you are unsure stay where suits you smiley

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by pato405(m): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
maja01: Lol.....hope u r not deported sha

Misconception! Not everyone who relocates is a deportee. Opportunities abroad are simply overrated and over-hyped. If you are organised, you can realise more than you can ever make abroad. However, if you derive fulfilment from staring at beautiful structures and good roads over 'better savings', then please, remain abroad. That said, I've been on both sides and one thing I'm certain that anyone relocating will miss is the QUALITY OF HEALTHCARE ! As per other things, there's always a close substitute - e.g for poor power supply, get a generator set, bad roads? get a good jeep! Accommodation?, some areas aren't bad o! for instance, Lekki, Ikeja GRA, V.I, Magodo etc (I only know Lagos grin). So, there's always a way to cope.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Arosa(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
Someone is learning how to troll. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Mancentral(m): 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
I don't ever comment on NL but this guy's question has just really pushed me to my limit. I don't think you know anything about Nigeria because if you do, you don't need anyone's advice on why you should relocate to Nigeria. I am also in the US and believe me if you have something tangible you are doing here you can easily translate that to anything in Nigeria, if you think well.

I just concluded that you ain't doing much here in the states, and pls stop wasting other people's time with such questions. It isn't fair and isn't a good use of thread space. How did this topic even make frontpage!

13 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by pembisco(m): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Op i wood av toad u to pack wail butt eat sims u no ghet car. Yu arrh probably a dead buddy washer in the you ex clayming whart yu arrh knot. Mctcheww. Yu most bee a car-word. Ehwu congo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! / Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.