Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. (22682 Views)

Coming Back To Nigeria - Advice Needed / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Immigrating (relocating From Nigeria To U.S.A: Whats The Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
36STATES: Be very careful, that is all I can say. I don't know how long you have been overseas, but the longer the harder. I burnt more than 28 million naira in Nigeria last year and had to run back to my base. Nigeria is a very harsh environment full of dubios people calling themselves born again. If you go on OXL.com, you will see where I have advitised most of the equipment I bought for my busines which NEPA, Fashola and criminals never gave a chance.

Bros dis is serious o; your experiences are quite similar to mine when i returned back to nigeria from europe, within my first year, I lost practically all d wealth i came back with to some scammers i met here on nairaland; but i made up my mind to stay and stamp my authority on my faatherland,eventually, i suceeded and now i am a Don in my own field.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by greggng: 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
If I ve ur opportunity I won't dream about relocating. If your family re not well to do and connected you will end up scaming and police will become ur friend by force. To be honest with you armed robbers drove me to a place considered secured but you ve to pay heavily for security charges monthly. Today I asked after a guy I finished nysc with and to my greatest surprise he is being held by efcc in abuja for scam related offense. I was told that this guy has being there for 2months cos he doesn't ve the 500k plus a surety on grade level 14. Ask me his offense he scamed a white person an ordinary phone that is not upto 30k in the market. The truth remains nigeria is a land of frustration .

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Lucasbalo(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
tonychristopher:

FOR ALL THESE YEARS ...HAVENT YOU SAVED IN USA, YOU SHOULD BE THINKING OF COMMING TO OPEN A COMPANY NOT SEARCHING FOR JOB....
Good comment.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by pato405(m): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lucasbalo: Good comment.

Very stuuupid comment.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Zakkyoz: 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Having gone through the first page, i discovered the OP is frivolous. You claimed to have known much about Nigeria,then why bothering us?. I advise you settle in yaba left when you come back to 9ja cos you certainly needs the services of trained psychiatrists.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Zakkyoz: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
Having gone through the first page, i discovered the OP is frivolous. You claimed to have known much about Nigeria,then why bothering us?. I advise you settle in yaba left when you come back to 9ja cos you certainly need the services of trained psychiatrists.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by tucee31: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
This op na real oto..o
U asked for advice and when ppl tried giving u decent ones, u only responded like ur username (mr knowitall) undecided
Pls stop wasting ppl's precious time here abeg!
Nonesense!!!

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Dis poster is crazy...pls stop advsiong him...better confess that they are deporting u or interpol is looking for u....

Are you a residence of Yaba left? just curious my friend.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
Zakkyoz: Having gone through the first page, i discovered the OP is frivolous. You claimed to have known much about Nigeria,then why bothering us?. I advise you settle in yaba left when you come back to 9ja cos you certainly need the services of trained psychiatrists.

I already bought real estate in yaba right but thanks for the advice.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

I already bought real estate in yaba right but thanks for the advice.

I actually answered your questions before i read the comments therein. You've been very arrogant to people who tried to assist you with their opinion.

Bro before you come here to feel important, you should first get yourself a clean shave, shave off those nonsense you call beards and take off that cheap a$$ head warmer. You look terrible.

Then get yourself some nice T-shirt. WTF is that? Do you buy your T-shirts from Walmart?

You look Malnourished too and your eyes are red. Go find something to eat Bro. I don't think America have been nice to you.

I'm out of here Cheap a$$ kneegar.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Ikamenze(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
magaliyu: Good moves...charity begins at HOME.

What does charity have to do with the above topic? As in how does it even relate?
Its funi how Nigerians misuse and abuse d above quote?

@topic......honest advice....DON'T...unless u've made a sh-it load of moni ova there that you're coming to invest.....other than that,just chill for where you dey......at least Uncle Sam doesn't sabotage all efforts by its citizens to survive...

But its really up to u sha........na ur life..
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
D O.P is a ma*d man and an imbec*ile, i have tracked his I.P address and he is here in nigeria, portharcourt precisely.

I just wonder when ASUU can call of dis strike so dat idle youngstars like d O.P can go back to school.

SMH# so sad.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
naijasofamerica: Please, people should stop replying him. I think he's probably tired of staying in Nigeria & instead of saying so, he brought about the notion that he is in the USA & wants to return. Who knows, he probably is in mushin, lagos or somewhere lost in the north.

How do you know where I live? what if i told you i live in Makoko?
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudedough:

I actually answered your questions before i read the comments therein. You've been very arrogant to people who tried to assist you with their opinion.

Bro before you come here to feel important, you should first get yourself a clean shave, shave off those nonsense you call beards and take off that cheap a$$ head warmer.

You should also get yourself some nice T-shirt. WTF is that? Do you buy your T-shirts from Walmart?

You look Malnourished too and your eyes are red. Go find something to eat Bro. I don't think America have been nice to you.

I'm out of here Cheap a$$ kneegar.

Why are you angry my friend? Have i insulted you in anyway? Why must you behave like a Makoko Asewo? I did not insult you

so please dont insult me. cheers.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Goldenboy007(m): 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mancentral: I don't ever comment on NL but this guy's question has just really pushed me to my limit. I don't think you know anything about Nigeria because if you do, you don't need anyone's advice on why you should relocate to Nigeria. I am also in the US and believe me if you have something tangible you are doing here you can easily translate that to anything in Nigeria, if you think well.

I just concluded that you ain't doing much here in the states, and pls stop wasting other people's time with such questions. It isn't fair and isn't a good use of thread space. How did this topic even make frontpage!

Woooooooooow ! You spoke my mind word for word ! I respect some minds on Nairaland. I wonder why most Nigerians keep thinking all those Nigerians in US are better off than them.
There are Nigerians here that are worse than the least unemployed graduate at home. Majority of them don't even Have legal documents to work so they are bloody hustlers even those that have papers are barely getting the job. I live in US and work with a bank as an accountant, in Nigeria I worked with a telecommunication company. My people the difference is not much walahi !!! Yes you get good amenities here but you pay through your nose to get it. I am still in US because I have a better offer here, if I get a better prospect at home, bet it I won't need someone to tell me how Nigeria is !!! So young man don't come here and start feeling like a king, if US no pay you, don't deceive yourself find ticket money and go back home !

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
speedyboi: But really, isn't it obvious that this guy needs no advice? He was only hoping people would troupe in and be bashing the country. Well you got what you wanted. Enjoy smiley

LOl
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Why are you angry my friend? Have i insulted you in anyway? Why must you behave like a Makoko Asewo? I did not insult you

so please dont insult me. cheers.

STFU dude! You're one cheap a$$ murderf$#ker trying to feel important. What's with the arrogant comments on the 1st page? Is that how you treat people who try to help you?

I don't like kneegars like you Bro. You're too full of yourself but "You're a Nobody" ~ Seun.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudedough:

STFU dude! You're one cheap a$$ murderf$#ker trying to feel important. What's with the arrogant comments on the 1st page? Is that how you treat people who try to help you?

I don't like kneegars like you Bro. You're too full of yourself but "You're a Nobody" ~ Seun.

LOl dude relax my friend. If am a nobody, then what does that make you? I am simply just asking for advice not looking for a fight ok.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Goldenboy007(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
mobuch:

D O.P is a ma*d man and an imbec*ile, i have tracked his I.P address and he is here in nigeria, portharcourt precisely.

I just wonder when ASUU can call of dis strike so dat idle youngstars like d O.P can go back to school.

SMH# so sad.

So the OP is not even in US Walahi I wasted my precious time! When I saw his questions I suspected too o. Those questions are irrelevant to Nigerian planning to return home, its only oyinbo that would ask such questions.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by adconline(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Welcome home but don't forget ur wallet and checkbooks
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by iponrite: 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
you probably woke up on the wrong side of ur bed. three reasons why you shouldn't relocate to nigeria
1. no security of life and property as in the usa. at least usa is not crime free but in most cases people who commit crimes get caught and punished. nigeria its different anybody can kill and go free see "the bombing of maiduguri AF base for details".
2. jobs are hardly available in nigeria. you could graduate in and spend 5 years still doing those hustling things. in the usa even if they say no jobs, a cna or lvn or dental health or pharm tech can get you a job in at least 3 months if you really wanna work plus you dont have to ask uncles for monetary support you could pay your bills urself.
3. no loans and pay small small in nigeria. i mean buy a car, goods or clothes and pay later on approved credit. in nigeria, you either buy and pay now or walk naked plus naija people like to look down on others what they wear or how they appear. nobody cares in the us. there is respect of human life. remeber 911, ER, social security, food stamp, financial aid, section 8 housing, credit card, tax returns no dey naija. you either work in LNG or nothing. bless you
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
iponrite: you probably woke up on the wrong side of ur bed. three reasons why you shouldn't relocate to nigeria
1. no security of life and property as in the usa. at least usa is not crime free but in most cases people who commit crimes get caught and punished. nigeria its different anybody can kill and go free see "the bombing of maiduguri AF base for details".
2. jobs are hardly available in nigeria. you could graduate in and spend 5 years still doing those hustling things. in the usa even if they say no jobs, a cna or lvn or dental health or pharm tech can get you a job in at least 3 months if you really wanna work plus you dont have to ask uncles for monetary support you could pay your bills urself.
3. no loans and pay small small in nigeria. i mean buy a car, goods or clothes and pay later on approved credit. in nigeria, you either buy and pay now or walk naked plus naija people like to look down on others what they wear or how they appear. nobody cares in the us. there is respect of human life. remeber 911, ER, social security, food stamp, financial aid, section 8 housing, credit card, tax returns no dey naija. you either work in LNG or nothing. bless you

Nice one, very nice.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by andyanders: 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Using questions to answer questions, you are a true Nigerian. Answer the questions, so I can be in a better perspective to advice.

You are just disturbing yourselves here. This guy no dey America.

You can read from his answers that he has a lot hidden. This guy dey here and pulling your legs to know what you want to say.
Why must he act as if he is better off. Anybody can come home depending on what you want or what you want to do.

I stayed in America for 12 and half years and I am comfortable here and travel there anytime any day within a week a=or two. Training my children here and they will get back after. Nothing like home.
If op wants an advise, then he will get, but barking on people's advise makes no sense.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by zomby(m): 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
@ Topic, this is a straight shot fact to your questions:

There is no perfect advise you will be able to get from anyone. Nigeria happens to be a very unstable and incongruous environment in every way.
What works for Edward may not work for Samuel.
It is all about your mental stamina, the level and honesty of those people that you know in Nigeria.

The only straight shot advise for you is to go back home to taste the water for at least 6 to 8 months straight before you finalize your relocation decision. I will also advise you not to stay with anyone during this 6 to 8 months; find a small crib to rent and independently discover your own method of operation. This will give you a better understanding of how the system and Nigerian people function on a daily bases.

Do not say much when you're around people, listen and observe more, but at the same time don't be too passive.

Apart from this listed advise I see nothing else anyone could give or teach you. You have to see and learn what is on ground by yourself.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Ojeilevbare(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
U had better stay where u r, cos evrytin here in Nigeria is on Strike. Even d roads r on strike, d air on Strike.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by whitecat007: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Just wait and see what happens in 2015
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by ghananotnaija(m): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
I'm sure the US would be glad should you decide to relocate to Nigeria and never come back.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
iponrite: you probably woke up on the wrong side of ur bed. three reasons why you shouldn't relocate to nigeria
1. no security of life and property as in the usa. at least usa is not crime free but in most cases people who commit crimes get caught and punished.

This is the problem with you people. You just wake up and fantasize about these places, imbuing them with almost magical qualities. Here you are now making such a bold and loud claim without the merest research, and showing yourself up to be a total ignoramus:

''Nationwide in 2007, law enforcement cleared 44.5 percent of violent crimes and 16.5 percent of property crimes by arrest or exceptional means.'' in the USA.

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question107378.html

Averaged out: 30% of crimes led to an arrest. Of that percentage, likely less than 15% led to a conviction.

Translation: In 85% of crimes in the US, the criminals are NOT ''caught and punished''. Thanks.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by annamauri: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
myOGAonTOP: WRONG: People like me are making it big time here. Its all about God and your survival strategy. There's is so much money in the land.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija: I'm sure the US would be glad should you decide to relocate to Nigeria and never come back.

Why are you all over Nairaland hating on Nigerians? Here are some Ghana forums, i thought you might be interested.

http://www.ghanaforum.com/
http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/
http://www.ghanavillage.com/
http://www.ghananation.com
http://www.allghananews.com/
http://www.ghanacommunity.com/
https://www.facebook.com/GhanaInterest

Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by babsomotde(m): 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
You are welcome. We need you in Nigeria. Please Come Home.....
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by bigtt76(f): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
A bon shere nii? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! / 11 Things Lagosians Will Not Miss About “danfo”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.