Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer (6330 Views)

When Ur Interviewer Tries To Play Smart Then U Show Him Your The Boss (photo) / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / Questions To Ask The Interviewer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by bayoola(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2013
1. Do your research

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail. You are certain to be asked specific questions about the company, so make sure you’ve done your homework on things like their last year’s profits
and latest product launches. Also take a look at the latest developments in the industry so you can converse with confidence.

2. Practice your answers

Although there is no set format that every job interview will follow, there are some questions that you can almost guarantee will crop up. You should prepare answers to some of the most common interview questions about your personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as being able to explain why you would be the best person for the job.

3. Look the part

Appearances shouldn’t matter, but the plain fact is that you are often judged before you’ve even uttered a word. Make sure your shoes are polished, your clothes fit correctly and that your accessories are subtle. Dressing one level above the job you’re applying for shows a desire to succeed.

4. Stay calm

Good preparation is the key to staying in control. Plan your route, allowing extra time for any unexpected delays, and get everything you need to take with you ready the night before. Remember to speak clearly, smile and remember that your interviewers are just normal people, and the may be nervous too!.

5. Ask questions

You should always have some questions for your interviewer to demonstrate your interest in the position. Prepare a. minimum of three to five questions, some which will give you more information about the job, and some which delve deeper into the culture and goals of the company. I bet you, asking questions in the course of your interview gives you an edge to being successful. Wait for your interviewer(s) to ask if you have question(s) if not, throw the questions at your interviewer(s).
Note:- This comes at the end of it all.

In conclusion, Thank your interviewer(s) for the time given to you to speak about yourself. Appreciate each and everyone of the interviewer(s).

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by alfredo4u(m): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Use ur salary well to avoid borrowing from ur colleagues before month end if u r actually employed.

BTW......... Who commented first?

Oluwa is involved

3 Likes

Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by SpicyMimi(f): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Rexphobia(m): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please hide that dot before i comment
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by 190: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by TheProdigy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
nice post.
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Why the dot (.)? jobless abi?
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by SpicyMimi(f): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
alfredo4u: .
Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! How could u do this to me! U faster than ur shadow! angry
After all this while, I thought I was gna be the first to comment and u beat me to it!!! angry angry angry
It's not Over! angry
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Funmiflor(f): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
a nice one
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Gifted4all(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
What is the meaning of this dot u guys na use on nairaland?
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by alfredo4u(m): 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
SpicyMimi:
Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! How could u do this to me! U faster than ur shadow! angry
After all this while, I thought I was gna be the first to comment and u beat me to it!!! angry angry angry
It's not Over! angry

I'm so so sorry for that. I tried 99 times to make it to comment 1st today.

One day go be ur turn ohhhh
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by eyenCalabar(m): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
Gifted4all: What is the meaning of this dot u guys na use on nairaland?

They are booking space. They'll be right back grin

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by alfredo4u(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
Gifted4all: What is the meaning of this dot u guys na use on nairaland?

To buy space and sell it when the demand is high.

Seun also does it............ I beg don't report me ohhh

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
SpicyMimi:
It's not Over! angry

U guys make dis site look like a childs play. Grow up pls. I take God beg u.

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tnx for sharing.
Its cool.
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by ladyofsubstance(f): 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Loud hisssssss
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Borrowed space
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
2tex:

U guys make dis site look like a childs play. Grow up pls. I take God beg u.
how do u want a child 2 act... if not in a childish way. Big time children
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by laivwire(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Thanks Op
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by cultureman(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
me appreciate dat jawe kuduz
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
ladyofsubstance: Loud hisssssss
y?? Because you have problem comprehending? ?
alfredo4u: Use ur salary well to avoid borrowing from ur colleagues before month end if u r actually employed.

BTW......... Who commented first?

Oluwa is involved
he's talking about how to go about a job interview and here you are talking about salary management. .SMH

nice article, op..you really tried
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by herkeym001(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer by taobao123: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Get Photoshop Video Tutorial 2018 Learn How To Use Photoshop For FREE / How Do You Handle Price Discrepancies Professionally / Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.