Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) (12405 Views)

New Anambra State University Teaching Hospital Awka(pictures) / Chinese Company Constructing Agulu Lake Hotel Resort And Conference Center- Awka / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Gov. Obi Flags- off the Construction of another 5 Star Hotel within the State Capital Territory.
In fulfillment of his promise to construct two major hotels in Anambra State as part of the measures to boost tourism in the State, Gov. Peter Obi yesterday flagged-off the construction of another 5-star hotel at Agulu Lake, Agulu, which is within the State Capital territory. The Hotel will cost 2.2 Billion Naira. Though the flag- off ceremonies were conducted yesterday, the hotel had reached about 60% completion, which the Senior Special Assistant to Gov. Obi and the Project Manager, Arc. Chinelo Ofoche explained was in line with the Governors practice of flagging- off projects already begun to avoid the past practice of flagging and abandoning projects.

Speaking at the event, Gov. Peter Obi said that the hotel projects in Anambra State, the Onitsha Hotel Resort and Agulu Hotel Resort were borne out of need for the State to have befitting hotels to host important events and many dignitaries coming into the state, including expatriates that work in numerous facilities that are coming up in different parts of the State.

He assured that the money for the Hotel project, as well as similar projects such as the Hotel at Onitsha, Shopping Malls at Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi, the Three Arms Zone, among others are already set aside. The Governor also said that the salaries for two years of the 7,000 persons the State is currently recruiting was already set aside in order not to encumber the in- coming Governor.

Speaking at the event, the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, who said that APGA would soon reward Gov. Obi for being a blessing and an asset to the party and for bringing uncommon development to Anambra State, commended him for the magnificent hotel project at Agulu Lake. He linked the continued victory of APGA in all elections in Anambra State to the spread of Obi's project unlike those that came before him that concentrated development in their enclaves.

He said the siting of the Hotel was not because Gov. Obi was from Agulu, but because of the need to execute a project that was conceived at the time the Governor was still in Primary school.

Speaking on behalf of Agulu town, the Traditional Ruler, HRH, Igwe Innocent Obodoakor thanked the Government of Anambra for the project. He said that Agulu people would remain grateful to Gov. Obi for being a true son of Agulu by his good governance that had remained incomparable.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
Picture

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
More

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by MRWHINNIG: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nice one, but let's stop abusing the phrase "five-star hotel".

4 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Anambra adigo mma..
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by fkaz(m): 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lol @ the two chinko posing for picture
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hotel to employ people and pay a manager less than minimum wage.
I don't know how this will improve the life of a regular Anambra person

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ada Nri1: Hotel to employ people and pay a manager less than minimum wage.
I don't know how this will improve the life of a regular Anambra person

Its gonna be a 5 star salary scale..
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:

Its gonna be a 5 star salary scale..

You don't have an idea of what a 5 Star hotel look like...
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by phantom(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
isnt this man supposed to be building schools and hospitals and leaving things like this to the private sector These our leaders sef.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: isnt this man supposed to be building schools and hospitals and leaving things like this to the private sector These
our leaders sef.

At times I wonder where some of you people crawl out from. Don't private sectors build schools and hospitals? Does Anambra lack schools and hospitals at least to an average and Nigerian standard? The last we checked Anambra is among the 3 best performing states in education (JAMB, WAEC/NECO, UNITY SCHOOLS) in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by ifechez: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: isnt this man supposed to be building schools and hospitals and leaving things like this to the private sector These our leaders sef.

This particular hotel will employ people and also help the government increase it's IGR. It will help open up the place and other surrounding towns to greater economic activities. tanx

4 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by phantom(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:

At times I wonder where some of you people crawl out from. Don't private sectors build schools and hospitals? Does Anambra lack schools and hospitals at least to an average and Nigerian standard? The last we checked Anambra is among the 3 best performing states in education (JAMB, WAEC/NECO, UNITY SCHOOLS) in Nigeria.
please show me data showing that anambra is self sufficient in schools and hospitals.we igbos should have grown way past this sort of nonsense.our leaders litter the whole place with silly projects and we clap for them meanwhile i can bet my b.alls that there are many communities in that state without pipeborne water.well if hotels are your priority in that state, who am i to burst your bubble.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by phantom(m): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
ifechez:

This particular hotel will employ people and also help the government increase it's IGR. It will help open up the place and other surrounding towns to greater economic activities. tanx
grin...very funny.if the government wants to increase its igr, it should engage in an efficient tax drive in onitsha alone and watch your igr skyrocket.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: please show me data showing that anambra is self sufficient in schools and hospitals.we igbos should have grown way past this sort of nonsense.our leaders litter the whole place with silly projects and we clap for them meanwhile i can bet my b.alls that there are many communities in that state without pipeborne water.well if hotels are your priority in that state, who am i to burst your bubble.

I didn't say Anambra is like American school standard. I said that Anambra is not lacking or lagging behind at least to Nigerian standard. That Anambra is among the (3) best performing states in education in Nigeria. That was my exact words..

It is still part of priorities as it will open up the huge untapped tourism sectors and hospitality of the state. Thereby creating job job job, and boasting the IGR and economic activities will equally expand.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Harmvirus(f): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
APGA and this their Asoebi sef. I think say election don pass undecided
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by ACM10: 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Peter Obi bu odi mma na internet.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
This people and their hatred smh! If Lagos build hotel its world class achievement
Anambra do the same it turn to misplaced priority. Them swear for una?

7 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
gratiaeo: This people and their hatred smh! If Lagos build hotel its world class achievement
Anambra do the same it turn to misplaced priority. Them swear for una?

Frustrations go kill you... grin
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:
Anambra adigo mma..
Nye aka k'odimma
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Sloan: 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Is it world class?? grin grin Why does Obi and his ilks keep wearing this stupid Ojukwu clothes around? Why are they so pathetic ass lickers? It seems his only means of approval is wearing Ojukwu aso ebi everywhere?? Doesn't this reinforce the clannishness of this people, which they cannot shake off? There are superior leaders in every other part of Nigeria compared to the SE and some of those leaders will be disgusted to see any of their people wearing their faces all around as though they have no brains of theirs to create something original or worthy of the leadership position they are in!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by slimghost(m): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sloan: Is it world class?? grin grin Why does Obi and his ilks keep wearing this stupid Ojukwu clothes around? Why are they so pathetic ass lickers? It seems his only means of approval is wearing Ojukwu aso ebi everywhere?? Doesn't this reinforce the clannishness of this people, which they cannot shake off? There are superior leaders in every other part of Nigeria compared to the SE and some of those leaders will be disgusted to see any of their people wearing their faces all around as though they have no brains of theirs to create something original or worthy of the leadership position they are in!

What a senseless post!!!

8 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
It is good these structures are being built but the problem will come in management. We dont have a reputation of running publicly owned companies well. This should have been done by the private sector, except of course it will be concessioned after completion.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by investnow2013: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
[img][/img]
one.east1:
More
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
But seriously, i dont understand some people. Must you guys complain over everything? Innitially, the complaints were that obi do not have taste for modernization, he's only after rural development and so on. Now he has decided to modernize the cities a little, and some of you are complaining again. Very soon, reconstruction of the enugu onitsha expressway together with its streetlighting will start and i know some of you guys will still come out to spew BS. The most annoying thing is that most of those complaining dont even know what Anambra looks like.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sloan: Is it world class?? grin grin Why does Obi and his ilks keep wearing this stupid Ojukwu clothes around? Why are they so pathetic ass lickers? It seems his only means of approval is wearing Ojukwu aso ebi everywhere?? Doesn't this reinforce the clannishness of this people, which they cannot shake off? There are superior leaders in every other part of Nigeria compared to the SE and some of those leaders will be disgusted to see any of their people wearing their faces all around as though they have no brains of theirs to create something original or worthy of the leadership position they are in!
Lets say the dress is APGA's official uniform. And if you ask me, its nothing to be bitter about. So jee gbalu ogwu gi nuo nwanne

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by phantom(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Zona.com:
But seriously, i dont understand some people. Must you guys complain over everything? Innitially, the complaints were that obi do not have taste for modernization, he's only after rural development and so on. Now he has decided to modernize the cities a little, and some of you are complaining again. Very soon, reconstruction of the enugu onitsha expressway together with its streetlighting will start and i know some of you guys will still come out to spew BS. The most annoying thing is that most of those complaining dont even know what Anambra looks like.
oga you are smarter than this.please no fall your hand here.peter is one of our leaders in the south east.he is our son.we should be able to criticise constructively.now let me ask you in your heart of hearts, is this a project the state govt should be undertaking? Please be objective.arent there more important things? Honestly we igbos have learnt tribalism for others but we seem to have overtaken those who taught us.the oduah case readily comes to mind.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by taharqa: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Why shld Govt be building hotels??

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Sloan: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: oga you are smarter than this.please no fall your hand here.peter is one of our leaders in the south east.he is our son.we should be able to criticise constructively.now let me ask you in your heart of hearts, is this a project the state govt should be undertaking? Please be objective.arent there more important things? Honestly we igbos have learnt tribalism for others but we seem to have overtaken those who taught us.the oduah case readily comes to mind.

See you blame "others" and claim ibos learnt from "others" but who are the "others" you are referring to? Must you always deflect the reality away from your people and take responsibility? The ibo war that led to 3 M ibos dead, till today, you blame "others". The coups, you blame "others". Tell me only three things ibos have taken responsibility for, out of the gazillions of crime against Nigerians and humanity! Tell me just 3!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: oga you are smarter than this.please no fall your hand here.peter is one of our leaders in the south east.he is our son.we should be able to criticise constructively.now let me ask you in your heart of hearts, is this a project the state govt should be undertaking? Please be objective.arent there more important things? Honestly we igbos have learnt tribalism for others but we seem to have overtaken those who taught us.the oduah case readily comes to mind.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
He said the siting of the Hotel was not because Gov. Obi was from Agulu, but because of the need to execute a project that was conceived at the time the Governor was still in Primary school.
I think this comment is a contradiction undecided He claimed he is different from others, because he is not focusing on his hometown ? I am sure so many other projects have been around since he was in Primary school, to me this project should have been a private sector venture. What is going on with the monorail project that would bring in 100 times more money for the state because every single citizen would be using it. This could have lessen the traffic and road usage and served as a way to move people and goods efficiently. How many people will pay to use that hotel everyday?

The first hotel has not been completed yet. Please prioritize these projects welloo. Buying cars that lose value for long term employee's instead of giving them a cash bonus check of 3.5 million dollars, where they could go and buy a good used car for N700,000, if they even need the car and keep the cash for family needs was another decision that was not well thought out. Correct me if I am not seeing the point, but I think they are not spending wisely undecided
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by asha80(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
guy if for anything people hve been criticizing obi for doing 'simple things' instead of 'white elephant' projects like this.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Owes Road Contractors N2.7trn, Says Fashola / Buhari Handled Economy Better Than Others Since 1999 – Ajimobi /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.