Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:16 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (116719 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by dastancypayne(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
I dey feel you die. But that one no means sey u nor go update today, if not. I go just move you, d way George take move the cup.....LOLZ......stil following
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by dastancypayne(m): 6:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
I dey feel you die. But that one no means sey u nor go update today, if not. I go just move you, d way George take move the cup.....LOLZ......stil following.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
dastancypayne:
I dey feel you die. But that one no means sey u nor go update today, if not. I go just move you, d way George take move the cup.....LOLZ......stil following.
Lol.Thanks for following.I will try and update before going to bed.Keep following.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:44am On Dec 16, 2014
The kitchen seemed a little bit quieter than it had been earlier on and a lot more spacious. He retired to a corner and sat on a crate. He began eating and hastily so. Mr Mutton,the chief cook smiled at him and gave him two more slices of bread. He mumbled a 'thank you' just audible for him to hear as he had stuffed his mouth with more than he could chew at once. He allowed his mind to replay the incidence that had just happened and smiled to himself.
"There's more where that came from!"he thought to himself.
In about five minutes,he was done and just as he was about helping to do his own dishes,
"Dannnnngggggggggg!Dannnnnggggg"
Everyone stopped what they were doing to listen from where the sound had come. George was confused as he had never heard such a loud sound before. A sound that shook the whole castle. The sound lingered for some seconds and then came to a stop. Then like a tide sweeping through the kitchen,everywhere suddenly became noisy as everyone was chatting about what they had just happened. George was confused as he could not make out the meaning of the whole happenings. One thing he knew for sure was that the sound they had heard was a bell,possibly the tower bell overhead the castle.
But what could it have signalled?
He couldn't ask anyone ad they all seemed pretty occupied in their conversations and he couldn't help noticing the note of anxiety in their voices.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
What's up guys?Lemme know if I'm getting it. Does this look much like the last one I had before Nairaland crashed?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Mczigx(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
U're gud 2 go boss
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2014
Mczigx:
U're gud 2 go boss
Thanks bro.Nixe morning to y'all.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2014
Later on that evening...
He tiredly descended the stairs leading to his
dungeon. He felt so tired and heavy.
At times he wondered where his strength came
from. Here he was,ten years old yet being able to carry weights meant for twice his age for one so fragile and yet Gofrin who was two years older with more flesh could merely lace his own shoe. He remembered once when one of the king's trained horsemen commented on his strength and stamina.
"That boy has the strength of a dude twice his age!"
But what use was strength without freewill. He
couldn't do as he pleased and chances are that he would be spending all his years in this no-good castle. Unless,of course his so called guardian was right that he had a great future ahead.
Better not to hope that have your expectations
dashed.
But talking about his guardian,couldn't he learn
something new tonight?
He got excited and forgot his tiredness. He went to the corner where he had kept it but it wasn't there and then he remembered he could summon it.
"Engriptus le guardian"
The book appeared,shining as it came. He
smiled,took it up and unstrapped it.
Scribbling...
"Howdy my guardian!"
"Howdy!And what made you summon me so late?"
"I need some practice"
"We can try tomorrow..."
"No now,you very well know that I don't have spare time during the day. At least not with little devil around!"
"Okay,your wish is my command!"
"Okay,I need to know how to produce fire."
"What for?"
"Just general knowledge. Could probably come in handy,roast my own meat or set Gofrin's hair on fire!"
"For the second I won't. Magic isn't meant to be used as a weapon for unjust cause..."
"You say unjust?Do you know what I've had to
endure under Gofrin's service. There'd be no better definition of justification"
"No son,you do not understand. But very soon,you will."
"So?"
Scribbling slowly.
"Enflamare!"
He said the words aloud and pointed it towards the wall,fire came out and burnt his clothes that he had kept in a corner. He quickly thought of a way to quench it.
"Aquarianti",the book wrote.
He quickly said it and water from his palm gushed out to put out the fire.
"Cool!"He said loudly. He quickly put his hand over his mouth. He feared he might wake someone up.
"Okay,how do I open doors and silently so?"
"Aperi portam!"
He said it to himself a couple of times so he could get used to it.
He moved close to his door,held out his hand
towards it.
"Aperi portam!"
The door flunged opened immediately causing quite a sound. He quickly went to the back to hide incase any of the guards on duty had heard it. He waited for some minutes before coming out. He decided to have a look outside and when he did,he saw just ahead of him a hooded figure. His heart skipped a beat. He dashed back in. He had wanted to get right
back to and fall asleep but his curiosity had the
better part of him. He peeked out again but saw no one. He had decided that maybe he had been
hallucinating when he heard a sound. He got out and tried to trace the source,tip toeing as he went. He traced the sound to Manterror's room and pressed his ears against the door.
"That can't be!I eliminated everyone. I watch them die,I did. It can't happen!"
It seemed he was having a nightmare. He had once heard a guard explaining to his fellow guard that nightmares were special dreams where ones past comes to hurt him if it hadn't been lived rightly.
What could be the particular wrong that Manterror had done in his valiant past?
He turned to go when he again saw the hooded
figure gliding out of sight. He pursued it not minding that he might attract one of the guard's attention.
The fire at the end of the passage seemed to have gone dim and he couldn't make out the figure standing just some distance from him.
"Now is the time. Run away,save your innocent soul from the impending danger. Your days are numbered and the signs are all true. A lot lies on your young shoulders. You must run"
Then he disappeared.
The voice had been faint and weak like those of an old man but he had heard just about everything. He turned to go when he received a punch to the head.

2 Likes

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by dastancypayne(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2014
You 2much....u pass my boss........pls update now and stop wasting our time.....if nt, We go gather punch ur hand....so dat u go press dose keys.
..........nice update bro.....more ink to ur pen........
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Timothy3113(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Guy u still have a long way, to go, u are damn slow.
Well done sha
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
No mind me jor.Na dis power company nor gree show us light for over two months nw...I always hv to wait till night b4 I can do anything. Anyways, things will change pretty soon. I hail everyone. Keep following and try to overlook my delay.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Psalmology(m): 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
Bros, forget about endorsement from anybody to know how wonderful your piece is. Your write-up is beyond scepticism one of the best creative write-ups on 'magic' I've ever read(written by a Nigerian).

To write something convincing about what 'we' believe to be fictitious is not a baby play, but the truth(I must admit) is that you are driving your point(convincingly) home into my hard-to-believe psyche.

Well-done...more muscle to your elbow, more inspiration to forge creativity.

More updates...plzzzz

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Psalmology:
Bros, forget about endorsement from anybody to know how wonderful your piece is. Your write-up is beyond scepticism one of the best creative write-ups on 'magic' I've ever read(written by a Nigerian).

To write something convincing about what 'we' believe to be fictitious is not a baby play, but the truth(I must admit) is that you are driving your point(convincingly) home into my hard-to-believe psyche.

Well-done...more muscle to your elbow, more inspiration to forge creativity.

More updates...plzzzz
Thanks bro for your nice comments. I shall try my best not to disappoint.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:39am On Dec 19, 2014
Good morning everyone.How was your night?

I'm so sorry I couldn't bring you any update yesterday.I will try and make it up to y'all. I've got one right now for you. Keep on following.

Tags
#psalmology
#Timothy3113
#dastancypayne

And there was this guy who always used "TO STRENGHT AND CHIVALRY" whenever he made a comment.Twas even his signature.
Oops...I've really lost some good buddies here on Nairaland sha.
Well, let's roll on...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:42am On Dec 19, 2014
[size=3pt] CHAPTER FOUR [/size]

He was in a garden with beautiful flowers all around. Every blessed color was present and the sweet scent they gave out was out of this world. Yes, that was what this place felt like. Out of this world. For how could a place so cool, so refreshing, so...

A beautiful sun flower caught his attention. Even with a garden full of beautiful flowers, it stood out. The yellow petals shone with the rays of the sun. It was as though it gave light to the other flowers around. The stalk wasn't like any other sunflower he'd seen. It was golden yellow. He grinned heartily as he cupped one of the flowers in his hand.
"Oh God, such lovely sight to look out. How I wish I could be here forever!"He said feeling sad. Yes, sad because he felt all this won't last long. Very soon he would have to go back to his ugly life where he would never dream of seeing such lovely sight. Or could he?
An idea came to him; he could grow a little garden of his. It would be his secret never to be known by anyone. He would go there whenever he felt down. The sight of the flowers alone would soothe his soul. He clapped at the idea. It was really a nice one. He moved to uproot one of the flowers. He dug around its root so it wouldn't get damaged. As he did so, he noticed a change in the atmosphere. The cool breeze had stopped blowing and was replaced by a violent wind that was causing him so much cold. He had better hurry he thought as he hastened up. Then he looked up at the flower as he was about to uproot it and then he was shocked. He saw a sad expression on it. He wasn't dreaming, was he? A face had appeared on the flower and it was a sad expression. Like so much pain trying hard to be bottled inside.
"What could make the flower sad?",he thought.
Just then a hand reached out to him from the flower. It was a desperate attempt to reach him like..like it was trying to get something across before it was too late. He hurried to it but instead got a slap on the face.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Timothy3113(m): 7:05am On Dec 19, 2014
Too short bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2014
Timothy3113:
Too short bro
Ok.I'll try and make d next longer.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:07am On Dec 19, 2014
The slap had awoken his consciousness. He looked up to see Tennaki, one of Manterror's most terrifying guards.

"We caught him lurking in the dark. He's been acting very strange of late my Lord"

Manterror turned back from staring out the window. He had a very worried expression on his face. Though present, he seemed to be somewhere distant and even as he looked down on George, he was at loss of words.
"You again!",he said dis interestingly.
"Why do you have a penchant for getting into trouble?Only yesterday, Gofrin told me that you bluntly refused to brush up his teeth."
"My Lord that's not..."
"You will not speak when I'm talking. Have you no manners?"
"I'm sorry my Lord!"
"Oh well, you'd be more sorry after you're done with your punishment for waking lying dogs." Turning to Tennaki,he said,
"Take him to the armor room and let him polish every last piece of armor. That should keep him busy as he seems to have little or nothing to do these days."
Tennaki grinned evilly exposing his dark brown teeth. George was still to find out why Tennaki hated him so much. He knew he had once caught him trying to sneak up some money from Manterror's room and yeah...another time selling some excess food to some illegal traders...and another time sneaking out of one of the maids room and yet another time getting drunk on duty. Well, you can't blame him for always showing up in the wrong place. Tennaki had since taken to hurting him with every chance he got. Tennaki held onto him arm tightly hurting him. He winched in pain but Tennaki refused to loosen his grip. He enjoyed inflicting pain on the one who always made things difficult for him. They descended the stairs and crossed the kitchen. Tennaki's grip loosened a little as he slowed down to steal a glance at a maid who was hurrying up on an errand. He called onto her but she only briefly turned. This made him angrier and with no one else to vent his anger on, he tightened his grip more on George who screamed out in pain.
"You'd better keep your mouth shut before I do it for you".George quickly closed his mouth as he knew Tennaki too well to carry out his threat.

He was glad when Tennaki came to a halt in front of one room that had a metal door. From his pocket, he produced a key and turned the lock. He pushed George in and shut the door.

He fell with a bang, his ass hitting the cold and hard floor.

"Arsssh!", he said rubbing his bottom. He tried to adjust to the darkness looking around. Cobwebs hung from every direction. He turned to the door as he heard Tennaki turn th lock again. He got up quickly and ran to the door.
"Hey!How do I get out when I'm done!",he shouted. He waited but got no reply. He banged continuously on the door to no avail. As he did so, he heard the squeaking of a mice as it ran across. He allowed himself to go down slowly as he held his head in his hand.

"Shi.t I'm dead!",he exclaimed.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by dastancypayne(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
pabon:
Good morning everyone.How was your night?

I'm so sorry I couldn't bring you any update yesterday.I will try and make it up to y'all. I've got one right now for you. Keep on following.

Tags
#psalmology
#Timothy3113
#dastancypayne

And there was this guy who always used "TO STRENGHT AND CHIVALRY" whenever he made a comment.Twas even his signature.
Oops...I've really lost some good buddies here on Nairaland sha.
Well, let's roll on...
Tanx for d tag. Am running nowhere, always wit you. You're d boss now. GUINESS (made of more).
........nice one, bro.......

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Psalmology(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mehn...you just can't kill me. I'm enjoying every sentence, line, chapter to the brim of my satisfaction.

I also love the smart and unpredicted switch from the hostile atmosphere of Chapter 3 ending...

" The voice had been faint and weak like those of
an old man but he had heard just about
everything. He turned to go when he received
a punch to the head''

To the tender love and accommodating nature of the flowers in chapter 4 inception.

"He was in a garden with beautiful flowers all
around. Every blessed color was present and
the sweet scent they gave out was out of this
world. Yes, that was what this place felt like.
Out of this world. For how could a place so
cool, so refreshing, so..."

You are killing it. Well-done. More updatessssss plzzzz....

Oya where this mama wey dey sell pop-corn and coca-cola sef?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
dastancypayne:

Tanx for d tag. Am running nowhere, always wit you. You're d boss now. GUINESS (made of more).
........nice one, bro.......
Hope your day's been great?I'm no boss oo...just trying to do something I have a passion for. Keep following..there's more. I'm even thinking of adopting your "MADE OF MORE" as signature.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
Psalmology:
Mehn...you just can't kill me. I'm enjoying every sentence, line, chapter to the brim of my satisfaction.

I also love the smart and unpredicted switch from the hostile atmosphere of Chapter 3 ending...

" The voice had been faint and weak like those of
an old man but he had heard just about
everything. He turned to go when he received
a punch to the head''

To the tender love and accommodating nature of the flowers in chapter 4 inception.

"He was in a garden with beautiful flowers all
around. Every blessed color was present and
the sweet scent they gave out was out of this
world. Yes, that was what this place felt like.
Out of this world. For how could a place so
cool, so refreshing, so..."

You are killing it. Well-done. More updatessssss plzzzz....

Oya where this mama wey dey sell pop-corn and coca-cola sef?

Wow!It feels so great to know that someone's enjoying my work. You really are good at analyzing. I'd prefer to call you Erudite from now. Hope no probs with that?Continue munching ya popcorn while I cook up another update.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Evening guys. How did the last update go?I'm done tying the next update...just wanna check for errors before I update. And thanks a bunch to Psalmology (Erudite) for mentioning me as one of your best writers...I was flattered. I know I'm not yet there but who's to tell the future?Lemme update jawe...Enjoy ya evening.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
[size=2pt]
He was worried sick wondering if he ever was going to complete the task. He was starving and was nearly dying of thirst. He had thought about summoning water but he remembered that the water wasn't drinkable according to his guardian.
Wait, why hadn't he thought about his guardian. He could do a summoning spell and...and they could be a way to do the work with ease...and could find a way out of this place. He jumped up in excitement as he thought of this. He racked his brain and tried re collecting the spell.
"Twas engrav..engrap...no..sounded more like thus..engraptus..",after some seconds of thoughts, "engriptus..that's it..Engriptus Le Guardian!",he shouted with joy having got the words of the spell finally.

He steadied himself and breathed air out of his lungs and then thrust his hand out, palm facing forward and called,
"Engriptus le guardian"

He waited. Nothing happened.

"Oh yeah...maybe I got it wrong."

Now carefully emphasizing each word of the spell, he called out again.

"ENGRIPTUS LE GUARDIAN"

Nothing.

He did it again,again and again but got the very same stillness. Suddenly, a great fear came upon him. He was damned and would never be able to finish the task. He got down again to a sitting position, his head bent to meet his knees. He was out of ideas and dreadful pictures clouded his memory and he couldn't stop himself as he was plunged into oblivion.

An hour later...

He got up and looked around. It was as though he had just gotten here. He was revived and felt so energetic at the same time.
Where had the strength come from?
He was shell-shocked. A minute ago,he wouldn't mind being punished for his inability to do the work assigned to him,no,it would more have felt like being too obstinate to serve his punishment but now...he felt like he could anything.
He looked around and saw a piece of rag. He hadn't been given water or even a pail. He looked around and saw an helmet. An idea struck him. He reached out for the helmet and held it down side up and spelled.
"Aquarianti!"
Water gushed out of his hand and into the helmet. This was magic. It worked!

He began washing the armors. They looked like they hadn't been washed in decades. He scrubbed hard on them till they shone. He still couldn't understand what was happening to him. With every armor he cleaned, he felt like a fresh pang of energy surging through him such that as he cleaned the two hundredth armor,he still didn't feel tired.
When he came to the four hundred and tenth armor,he noticed something different about it.
He looked at it thoroughly but couldn't note any difference. He looked at the socket where the soldier's eyes were supposed to fit into. As he looked,he saw a glitter that only lingered for a split second.
He stopped and looked carefully at it.
Was his mind playing games with him?No,he was sure he had noticed an eye staring at him. He peered deeply and momentarily at the socket but saw nothing. He carried on and proceeded to clean it. He traced out the lines in the thoracic area. He noticed a thick patch of blood which resisted all manner of scrubbings he applied. He wondered how it must have gotten there. He looked at the sword girded at the side of the armor. It differed from the others he had cleaned. The handle had a seal of a dragon. The others had been designed with the emblem of a lion.
Why was it different?
He unlatched it and thought to examine the blade. As he tried withdrawing it from its shield,there was a restrain. He tried with all his might and suddenly, he was flunged against the floor. Even as his back hit the floor with the greatest awe,he saw the bodiless amour approach him. Its mouth opened as it pointed its sword towards his chest.
"Get yourself a sword gallant soldier for I will by no means fight an unarmed man!"
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Psalmology(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
pabon:
Wow!It feels so great to know that someone's enjoying my work. You really are good at analyzing. I'd prefer to call you Erudite from now. Hope no probs with that?Continue munching ya popcorn while I cook up another update.

#MADE OF MORE

#Smiles...the pleasure is mine. I was taught to appreciate greatness when I see one. I didn't mean to flatter or hyperbolize your distinct capability, but the truth must be noted. You are doing a great job.

Note: please intensify the intriguing suspense of your piece, the previous update seems too straight-forward though I still love it.#I'mjustaneruditewithconscience.

Abeg if pop-corn is cheap for you side you can buy and bluetooth it to me. #thumbs up

More updates plzzzzzz
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
Please guys...don't throw tantrums. My phone only just came on now and I hurriedly came here to see what's up. I'm sorry for keeping you in the 'dark'. Lemme see if I can update a little before going to bed. It won't be too long sha.

Tags
#psalmology
#dastancypayne
#Timothy3113

Thanks for the advice Erudite..I shall try my best.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
He stood transfixed. How was he to fight with a lifeless armor.
Wait did he even say fight?
Here he was,just ten years old,naïve in the little things,much more shielding a sword.
I'm gonna die. I'm finished!
Or,maybe because it had no eyes,so it couldn't tell that it was a toddler he was talking to. Just as he thought of a way to bail himself out of his troubles,the armor approached him with a spare sword which it threw at him.

"Please,you've been mistaken. I'm not who you think I am. I'm a ten...."

Clanggggggggg!

He dodged rolling on the floor as the armor attacked him. He,more out of fear than instinct,picked up the sword and blocked even as the armor thrust at him again.
What do I do?What do I do?
He braced himself and instinctively saw himself blocking off all the attacks that were been lashed at him simultaneously.
Twice,he almost got struck but for his agility at finding an object to block off the piercing of the sword.
Was he gonna die like this?His guardian,wherever he was hadn't told him that he would die co cheaply. Who would even believe,that a lifeless armor killed him?Certainly no one will and it would even go far to buttress Gofrin's point that he was a weakling and a bag of bones. No,he wouldn't,couldn't die like this.
With a surge of bravery,he heaved his sword high and approached the armor with the greatest strength he could surface.

Clanggggg!Slnnnnng!Clnnnnnng!

The sound of swords clashing rent the air as they both were engulfed in a tangle of swords that lasted close to twenty minutes. He employed all tactics he could think of but the armor would not bulge.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?"

Another clash of metals.

"Quit talking and fight like the soldier that you are!"

He waved through another round of artful dodging and swayings from side to side,at times just narrowly escaping been pierced,or sliced. He burst forth once again,springing up with fresh attacks but they were no closer to getting the armor down than a basket was of holding in water. As the armor blocked the last of his attacks,he thrust his sword towards him but instead knocked him off and he fell with a clattering into a pile of armours. He quickly got himself up and dodged to his right just as the armor had heaved his sword and was gonna pierce him. He staggered forward and steadied himself. He adjusted his grip on the sword and felt it grow lighter in his hand.

He surged forward this time with an air of finality and began his strings of well constructed attacks. It was as though he wasn't in control of his hands for they moved of their own accord imitating the moves of a skilled swordsman. He took another round of fresh attacks at the armor which had a tough time brushing them off. George noticed that its grip on its sword was getting weaker and so he took advantage and pressed on even more.

He made to strike but instead did a reflex movement knocking it down with the ball of his elbow. The armor staggered back and lost footing and fell down with a bang. George pointed the sword at its chin,pinning it down.

"Do you give up?"

There was no reply. It had gone lifeless. He for the first time noticed that the room had gone brighter. With the sword still pointed at the armor,he turned towards the direction of the light to see three men standing at the door staring at him in bemused confusion.

They were the Manterror's guards....

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:09am On Dec 22, 2014
I'm glad they are finally looking into the light issue...very soon my updates will become regular just the way you'd want it. My apologies for keeping you waiting...I'll try to bring something up before noon 2mao.Ciao!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2014
[size=3pt] CHAPTER FIVE [/size]

He was back in his cell. He had expected to be punished severely for turning a punishment into a fanfare. Instead he was told to go ahead with his morning chores and to go back to his room in three hours. He was surprised.

Why was the king suddenly being lenient with him?

O common!He was just being merciful. He knew you wouldn't survive there. Or did he?

He got to Gofrin's room with a mop and bucket ready to mop the room. Without knocking he opened the door to see him reading a letter.
Gofrin looked up suddenly..

"How many times have I told you to knock before entering?", he shouted at George.

"I'm sorry...I thought you weren't in."

He was truthful this time as he didn't expect to meet Gofrin in his room at the time. Gofrin ought to be out playing huffleball(a game in which a donkey's bladder was thrown in the air and the quickest to catch it in three successions was the winner) with the children of other stake holders in the land.

"Sorry...that's all you ever have to say for your rudeness...Get on with your task and then get lost!", he thundered.

George quickly got to work. He was sure the letter was going to be important for Gofrin never left bare any chance of torturing him.

"Who's it from?"

The moment he said it he knew he had made a mistake in asking. He should have known that it could only make Gofrin prey on him as he always did on daily basis.

"And who the devil are you to ask me such a question?!"

"M'sorry my Lord...I was just being curious..."

"Curious my a ss! Wait till I punch your face next time you poke your dirty nose in my business!"

That said he went back to reading the letter and George watched him as he fantasized yet still. He was so engrossed in reading the letter that he didn't hear Gofrin sneak up on him.

George noticed that it was from the princess of nearby nation, Decapolis.
It was sort of a love letter. George read trying to keep his breath still...

Dearest Gofrin,

With love from the depth of my heart I
write to you. I've not stopped thinking about you since we last met at the anniversary of my mother's birth earlier this year. Thoughts of you alone colors my day and its because of you that I look forward to everyday. I silently await the day we'd meet again.

In a fortnight, the king's soldiers are going hunting on the albanian forest in search of some mysterious creature which they say has been responsible for a string of recent deaths happening here. I plan on going along with them so there could be a possible meeting with you. I've made a bargain with one of the men and he's agreed to help me. So we could actually get to see again. I'm so excited. You could sneak out using that secret tunnel behind the staircase that you talked to me about the last time. Please reply me and tell me if you agree to my plans. You could reply through the same channel from which this letter came..."

Gofrin started to fold the letter...

"Hey...I'm not done reading..."

Gofrin turned suddenly to face him. All color seemed to have left his face. In seconds he got over himself and punched George on his face which saw George falling on his back to the ground.

"Arsssh...!"

"You had the animal boldness to read my personal letter you scum bag?"

By now his face was boiling. He kicked George times hard on the rib that made him double over in pain. Gofrin saw that he had hit his mark and refrained from going further but he was deeply hurt that his secret relationship with princess Cordelia had been discovered. He had sworn to keep their secret and now it was out.

Oh no!Now it would be found out and it would get to my father.

What was he to do?

No one must know. No one other than them. He had to keep George from telling.

"Hey!"

This he said beckoning on George. George slowly got up and walked painfully towards Gofrin who immediately held him by his collar.

"No one must know about this...No one or else..."

He cracked his brain to find a fitting threat.

"..or else I'll kick you on your balls.."

George looked at him confused.

When had kicking him on the balls become a threat?
It was something Gofrin did to him on a regular basis. He was already getting used to it.

Gofrin saw that from the look on George's face that it wasn't good enough a threat.

He racked his brain again and after some hard thinking he smiled. He tightened the grip on George's collar almost choking him.

"If this ever gets out...I'll tell my dad you tried to strangle me and you know what that could mean?"

This he said giving George that devilish look that he so hated to see. He smiled and released his grip when he saw the shock on George's face.

George was surprised that he could come up with such devilish idea. When he managed to speak, he said.

"But I never did that...you'd be telling a lie!"

"Oh...you just run your mouth and watch it become true!"

George swallowed hard. Should Gofrin make good his threat, he'd be finished to say the least.

An attempt on the life of Lord Manterror's precious?It was unthinkable!He'd be dead the very moment it got to Manterror's hearing.

He had to give Gofrin his word.

"I won't tell...I promise!"

"I thought as much!"[/i]he said with a stern look.

Then with an air of authority.

[i]"...and now for delving into personal issues, here's your punishment"

He dipped his muddy boot into the pail and started walking round the room with it. He went to the bathroom, then outside his room then back again. He met George standing.

"What are you waiting for?!", he screamed.

George sprang to action. He had to do a double because Gofrin made sure to re-soil the areas he had cleaned to further punish him. He felt like giving him a good beating and that would be easy but was he ready to face the consequences?

He shook his head.

He'd had enough for one day.

By the time he got back to his cell, he was dripping all over in a mixture of sweat and dirty water.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
chaii..what took you so long my guy...after I told to update from Twitter.
thumbs up bro.......
I register my presence
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
rockhillz:
chaii..what took you so long my guy...after I told to update from Twitter.
thumbs up bro.......
I register my presence
Hey, big bro! Nice to have you back. My twitter handle's been having some issues and its been long I used it. Nevertheless, I'll try fixing it. You welcome on board.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by dastancypayne(m): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2014
pabon:
Hey, big bro! Nice to have you back. My twitter handle's been having some issues and its been long I used it. Nevertheless, I'll try fixing it. You welcome on board.

#MADE OF MORE
Padon.....I dun wait tire o. Abeg make u update na.
GUINESS (Made of More)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / The Handsome Devil I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.