Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117144 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by yusufibrahim(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
Pabon u got it man Am liking ur work bery much keep them coming man
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 3:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
Good afternoon guys...I'm ready to update again as I'm a little free now. I may or may not have the chance to update tomorrow as I'm expecting a serious test. You guys should pray for me oo...

Enjoy!

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
Outside, the late night birds could be heard flapping their wings trying to increase air pressure so they could hasten up to meet their nursing nestling. The constellations were already appearing and the rays from the moon casted long shadows on the cave. Darkness was fast approaching and the wind blowing into the cave sent shivers down the spine. A fire was brewing and they gathered around handling cups of tea that Jubril had made with some sort of special herbs. Random discussions of wars and glory days were flying around but George found himself uninterested. It wasn't that he minded listening to egocentric pontifications from heroes who stories were a complete mockery of their current demeanor but something else was on his mind. He felt bothered that Jubril had been eyeing him continuously throughout the night and he felt unsettled. Also, the questions he asked seemed more to him like he was trying to obtain vital information. Was he over reacting? Maybe these guys were just nice guys and meant no harm.

First it had been about the white dust they had in their possessions which Mr. Logan had easily dismissed as a necessary tool for keeping off bad omen and just now he was asking about the orb that he carried always in his coat. He wondered how he had gotten to know about it for he had been careful never to bring it out whenever they were present.

"It's a locator device. It shows us the way." George answered with a false smile on his face. He knew jubril didn't believe him though and he didn't care. Jubril gave a long stare at his coat before waning a false smile of his. He was going to watch out for this one. He reeked of evil and danger.

He pretended to be writing stuffs on the floor as he schemed a way to be on alert throughout the night. He didn't know if the other sensed it but he felt that today was going to be the day: if they were evil or not, it would be known.

"You know, I've seen quite a lot of mystical stuff. Once we were in the plains of Morobil who had giants in their ranks. We were scared shi.t and from all indications, we were gonna lose. Just then, a soldier took stand in front of the line and with a device, some round stuff he called a scaler. He said some senseless stuff and whala, every one of our enemy soldiers fell asleep. It was one bizarre stuff I tell you...we just went on and took them down. The funny thing was that even their horses fell asleep."

He gave a good laugh and Mr. Logan joined him too. Cordelia though just sat there looking at them her eyes especially drawn towards Martin.
Just then George coughed twice and exchanged a glance with Cordelia before he excused himself. He took a sip of his tea and then decided to carry the cup with him after all. He spat out the liquid once he got out and poured the content out. He spent some time outside before he went back inside. He sat on a large piece of rock and was later joined by Cordelia.

"Everything alright George?"

He looked up to see her. He shook his head making space for her to sit and when she did take her seat. He held her hands.

"I know you probably think I'm over reacting but you have to be careful with them. I don't know...it all feels wrong."

"Oh common, they're probably the nicest lot I've seen in a lifetime. I understand that you feel this way but trust me, they won't hurt a fly."

He looked into her eyes for brief seconds. He could see she was certain. He wondered if she was always this quick to give her trust. He tore his eyes away when he saw she was getting pissed. He looked up into the sky. He was thinking.

She shifted a little, obviouslydiscomfited.

"Can I give you something?"

"Sure. What's it?"

He brought out the orb.

"I want you to keep Alexius. If you're right then there'd be nothing to fear about. And if there's danger looming, then I don't think they'd want to hurt you, not Martin at least."

She collected it though not too convincingly. She took it and kept it in her right pocket of her heavy fur coat. It was a deep one and rested well at the bottom. It was whistling in a low key and for once George wondered if he had made the right decision. Well, time would tell and he so much wanted to believe that Cordelia's trust in them was right.

Martin came out soon enough and joined them. George excused himself and just then a low pitched hiss caught his ears. He hoped to God that Martin hadn't heard it.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
pabon o.m.g ure soo gud...pls command finish dx grt piece.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
mhiz:
pabon o.m.g ure soo gud...pls command finish dx grt piece.

Thanks a lot. I'll update soon. I'm just too tired for much brain activity. Tomorrow is another day!

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2016
The air smelt of burnt ash and wood. The fireplace had burnt out and was now remotely dark. All was still except for the occasional grunting sound which could be heard outside from the camels and of course, the soft snores inside. The air was getting really chilly and he had to double-wrap himself in the spread cloth. He turned towards the direction facing the pool unable to sleep. He had tried convincing himself that nothing evil was going to happen but still, he couldn't, wouldn't be at ease. He allowed his mind dazzle and wander around trying to pick up figments of their journey so far up to the point where they met these travelers. Could it have been a mere coincidence that they had been found right where then needed them most. He was troubled. Here he was thinking up ways to discredit them but all they'd done really was save them and had even given them a place to stay.

And how had they found the cave? From what he had been told, it was several kilometers from where they'd been found. Weren't warriors suppose to possess sharp instinct and great survival skills. Either these guys were that good at being warriors or they were very good liars, liars that would need to be dubbed.

He felt a sort of constriction in his throat. He hoped he hadn't caught a flu. It felt tighter and he was forced to cough. He coughed three times and spat out the sputum that had conjured. He hated that he would have to disturb the peaceful sleep of some of the best people he had come to know but they didn't so much as stir.

Wasn't this strange?

He recall that they hadn't so much as turn and it must have been four hours to say the least. He didn't quite know about their sleeping habits. For one, he had hardly ever caught Mr. Logan falling asleep unaware and even Cordelia didn't sleep much. She was always proactive and so if she slept, it was because she wanted to and she always did in her room. But who didn't turn when sleeping even for once?

And even if they didn't turn when sleeping, how could they not have been affected by the way he had coughed. Surely, they should have at least stirred a little.

He heaved himself up surprised that he weighed so much since he had hardly eaten anything throughout the evening. He moved his hand against the cold floor and kept shifting it till he felt a blockage that obviously would be Mr. Logan. He did feel his body but it felt cold. A shiver transversed his whole length. He made to conjure a flame so he could examine him better.

"Enfl..."

Just then he heard footsteps approaching, quickly. He slowly retreated, careful not to make any noise and returned to his sleeping posture. Soon, they came into sight and he could only make out their voices. From the sound he heard, Martin was ahead. They communicated in whispers.

"Check the smart ass."

That had come from Jubril and he knew it must have been referring to him. Martin crouched low and then tried using his hand to feel for him.

"We should have come with a torch. I tell you there's no way he could have evaded us. We saw him gulp down the liquid."

"Shut up and carry on!"

His heart increased pace as though in a relay. He worked his mind into coming up with a spell to stop his breathing momentarily. He had come across one before.

"Cardiatum!"

He got it right mumbling just when Martin reached him and felt for the air coming from his nostrils.

"See, I told you. He's as good as dead!"

He couldn't see but his best guess was that Jubril would be grinning with evil now.

"Check him then, we need to get the orb and be out of here before any of them shakes off the effect."

Martin then did a thorough search, turning him here and there with rudeness. He wished he could blast him into pieces but he stayed his anger.

"Its not with him." There was a mixture of fright and shock in his voice.

"That can't be. I, I mean we saw him fiddling it in his pocket all evening." Then he held him back.

"Move over lemme check him. I wonder what good you can ever achieve."

He got a hold of George and began his own search. If Martin had been rude, then jubril was the definition of rudeness, cruelty. When he had double checked. He got angry.

"Damn!"
He punched George's stomach with as much effort as he could. George screamed but it was wordless. He thanked his stars that he had actually misguessed the cloaked breathing spell and did a sound muffling spell the first time.

Just then Martin spoke up, this time not careful to use whispers.

"I think I know just where it is."

George's fear heightened as he heard him move towards Cordelia. A shriek escaped his mouth and George knew he was relinquishing the ability to touch her body. He wasn't going to let this happen.

"Demnora!"

A stalactite fell from the ceiling stopping him in his track.

"What was that?" Martin asked obviously scared.

"Its nothing. Just the rocks. Go on..."

He made to touch her again and George again spelled.

"Demnora matrix!"

Another two fell and this time even Jubril showed fear. But he shook himself and told Martin to move out of the way. He wasted now time and searched Cordelia's body ruffling her and then he exclaimed.

"Its here. I just felt it. I'm just going to retrieve it. He deep his hand into her pocket and collected it. George was enraged. He had to do something. He had tried to strike Jubril but to his utmost shock and fear, it hadn't work. It was now obvious that he had depleted his magic.

"Let's get out of here." Martin said but Jubril didn't move.

"I say we burn their bodies and I'm going to rape that one there first."

"No, you won't."

"You're gonna stop me!"

There was silence.

"I thought as much."

He moved towards her body and sat on her ripping her blouse off. He zipped his trouser down and was going to begin when George recalled that he had a special bond with Alexius. He was his and didn't need elementary magic to get him.

"Engriptus le guardian."

He was damn sure it would work and it did. The orb came flying towards him and he came straight into his open palm. As he held it, he felt a surge of power and knew he had bonded with Alexius.

"Reflexonta!"

Jubril was pushed back with so much force that he crashed against a wall. He was strong though and came towards George who had conjured a fire. He had a dagger in his hand which a very sharp apex. George allowed him come close and when he was within a foot, he spelled.

"Reflex amendi"

Jubril stopped and watch in horror as his hands contorted with the dagger coming to face himself. He was going to stab himself.

"Please, spare me. I'll do anything"

Just then Martin took to his heels but George acted fast.

"Mobilis stratus!"

He stopped in his track unable to move.

"Now, you will give the antidote to the poison you gave them."

"Yes, I can make it," Jubril said shaking with the blade just few millimeters from his eyes.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by girlhaley(f): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Jeez

I know the strangers are not to be trusted

Such an instinct

#MadeOfMore#
#WaitingForMore#
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Sageez(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
girlhaley:
Jeez

I know the strangers are not to be trusted

Such an instinct

#MadeOfMore#
#WaitingForMore#
same here. They were too good to be trusted
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by girlhaley(f): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
Sageez:
same here. They were too good to be trusted

Exactly....too good

I hope pabon update on time
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
girlhaley:

Exactly....too good
I hope pabon update on time

My lady, I wish too that I can be updating very frequently but its not so easy when you've got stuffs on your hands. I will still try though. I write for fun and its what keeps me coming back....

....Besides, I'm made of More. Let's keep going on together.

Chapter Fourteen loading...

#MadeofMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by girlhaley(f): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
pabon:

My lady, I wish too that I can be updating very frequently but its not so easy when you've got stuffs on your hands. I will still try though. I write for fun and its what keeps me coming back....

....Besides, I'm made of More. Let's keep going on together.

Chapter Fourteen loading...

#MadeofMore!

Oh....okay

Waiting for more
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
that's my man.....pabon u da boom

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by enebedestiny44(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
I really like ur work keep bringing it.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
Sorry guys that I haven't updated yet...I've been busy with project and school stuff. I'll try something tomorrow.

Gracias!

#MadeofMore!

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2016
pabon:
Sorry guys that I haven't updated yet...I've been busy with project and school stuff. I'll try something tomorrow.

Gracias!

#MadeofMore!
take ur tyme bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by oghenekome51(f): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2016
Dear pabon, av gone through ur story and its more Dan interesting! Honestly ure a great writer and i want to implore u to pls try and drop updates more frequently, please!

Also, i realize dat u started dis story right from 2014 and dis is 2016, pls try and complete it as soon as possible while taking ur time........

Your newest follower, oghenekome51! Tuale to you!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Omotayelolu(f): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
U are realy a great writer, Pabon and have been enjoying your stories. And i want to ask if the story 'I'm human (werewolf) is stil going on or it has end alrdy.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
pabon oo
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
oghenekome51:
Dear pabon, av gone through ur story and its more Dan interesting! Honestly ure a great writer and i want to implore u to pls try and drop updates more frequently, please!

Also, i realize dat u started dis story right from 2014 and dis is 2016, pls try and complete it as soon as possible while taking ur time........

Your newest follower, oghenekome51! Tuale to you!

Thanks for the compliments miss. I shall try my possible best ceteris paribus. I might drop some lines today when I'm free but it wouldn't be lengthy. I really do envy those who can start stories n finish within two months. I'll improve on that sha.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
mhiz:
pabon oo
Okay. For you and kome, I'll definitely find time out today.

You deserve it!
But note that it would just be a fast one n well...

...Let's see what I can come up with.

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chapter 14

He treated himself to some roasted lizard as they journeyed on the camel. Jubril whose real name had turned to be Theodore Bagmore looked at him longingly.

"Don't even think of it. You get no food till we arrive at Ingord, that shouldn't be a problem seeing you said its less than a day journey from here." He smiled showing him his teeth.

"Okay, I lied. It may take us more than that, two days, three maybe."

"So, you haven't learnt your lessons yet. Lying to us still when we could easily send your soul to the devil, he'd be more than willing to have you by his side. You'd make a jolly good companion to him you know. He'd love to hear lies from someone better than him at it."

Corde broke into a laugh. It was nice to see her teeth once again. Ever since she discovered the true nature of Martin, she'd been more reserved and had taken to torturing him whenever she got the chance. It was because of this that she had decided that she was going to ride with him tied behind her camel. She wanted to see him pained for daring to lie to her. She regretted the fact that she had been so gullible, blinded by his beauty.

He looked at her as she brushed the hair from her forehead that had come undone. She caught him staring and she paused, and quickly returned to her most recent anger expression. She urged the camel to ride faster much to the dismay of Martin.

'He tried at least', George commended within himself.

This one had lied down to his name. He was sure going to go down in history as one of nature's finest liar. He wondered if they were half as good and strong as their stories had been.

"You know, I've been wondering. If the stories you told were all lies..."

"Not all," Martins quickly pointed. A stern look from Cordelia got him quiet.

"...if they were lies," george continued. "It beats my imagination as to how you were able to come up with the stories...you know some of them did happen."

Martin laughed this time, a long choking one which ended in a fit of coughs. He spat out the sputum from his mouth.

"You don't know Theodore. He lies like its his second nature but he's one good scholar. He was the librarian at ingord's keep."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I was his assistant. It was in that library that he came up with the nasty idea that we steal the elixir of invincibility."
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
You wanted to be invincible...I can see why." George said looking at Theodore's wobbly legs. All along he had hid them in the overflowing garment he had been wearing but now that he'd been stripped to shorts, his legs were a sorry sight.

"Tell me about this elixir of invincibility." Mr Logan said to Martins even though he knew Theodore had wanted to speak. It had been his idea and so might want to cloak the truth. He thought Martins would be a little more truthful, no so trustworthy but what do you do when faced with two evils? The lesser one? Good.

"You know your words would eat you one of these days!" Theodore said looking at Martin with bitterness evident in his already red eyes. The dust was really getting at him and obviously he hadn't any experience at being tied to the back of an animal. That would make foul another lie he had told. Mr. Logan wondered if anything he had said since they met him was true.

"Well, the myths said that one drop of that elixir and you'd be protected against any thing metal or wooden, impenetrable and impeccable. Theodore said that with it we could be rich. We were going to challenge for the Witmore's contest and win."

"The Witmore exists?" George exclaimed.

"Yes, it does!" Martins shot him that bizarre look.

"Of course, my brother, Jemade won the last round."

"Wow, you're even related to the legend, Jemade?"

"Yeah, you could say that only that Jemade is no hero and he cheated his way to the crown."

"Are you saying that Witmore can be tricked?"

"It has never been heard but I know Jemade didn't win sincerely."

George stared ahead ruminating about the contest and all. This proves that Martins had really been living in inside Ingord's territory. He wondered though how he got to be in company of a lousy liar like Theodore seeing his brother was so wealthy. Winning the Witmore challenge meant access to a lifetime riches and attaining the rank of nobility, a fit that was only for those born noble. It meant access to properties, lands and gold, plenty of it. Something really terrible must have made Martin to overlook that and joined Theodore.

"I don't get it. If your brother is so rich why play side kick to Theodore or whatever his name is?"

Silence filled the air as Martin exchanged look with Theodore whose eyes glittered red and had a cold feeling to it. He held Martins' eyes for some seconds before Martin broke it and looked down.

"Forget it. Its way beyond your understanding."

"I'd like to know." It was Cordelia who spoke now and for the first time, she locked eyes with Martin who had an apologetic look to his eyes. He wanted so much to communicate with her, telepathically, psychically, or just any means without words but he didn't possess such power. He broke from her piercing gaze and looked down at his now very dirty and dusty shoes.

"I'm sorry. I can't tell."

Cordelia looked towards Theodore as a wicked grin plaster on his face.

"You'll tell me Theodore. You'll beg to tell me."

She brought her palm out to face him.

"Inflict maxima!"

Theodore suddenly started shaking vigorously like an epileptic and the black of his eyes were completely gone. It was as though he was being electrocuted.

"Stop it now, Corde!"

She stopped it listening to her father's command. She looked pleased to see that Theodore now had blood dripping from his nose and looked a mess.

"You might not be too lucky next time. You didn't value our lives so why should I yours?"

"We need him alive dear. Don't forget that. He alone knows the pass to the region."

Theodore cursed under his breath murmuring something only him could hear. George knew he was coming up with trick. He wanted to warn Mr Logan about it. Just then, the camels stopped abruptly and wouldn't move even when propelled. It was strange seeing them both act this way. Mr Logan made to come down when he was whisked off, away from their view within a blink second. They were all scared and then this time, both Cordelia and George were taken away by a windlike motion.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hi guys,
I might be off for some days oo...the reason being that my sub expires tomorrow and I donno when I'll be able to resub again yet.

Two tests, both calculation works have been slated for next week. God help me...

I'm not going anywhere sha...I'm still...

#MadeofMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by girlhaley(f): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Waiting
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
He fell to the ground and was pricked by a 'crown of thorn'.

"Oucch!" He rubbed the his elbow and watched Cordelia shake off the dust from her skirt. His eyes darted around the well mowed stretch of lawn that surrounded them. It was beautiful, eden all over again and extremely green, the flowers, shrubs, trees, all shades of green.

"What is the place?!"

He turned to face Cordelia who looked equally as intrigued as he looked.

"Where is father?" Cordelia looked around. The garden was nice what with all the flowers but she hated the fact that they were so tall. She couldn't see over the wall that they made.

"He must have landed on the other side."

"Let's find him then. He must be worried already. They broke up and went opposite directions. It turned out that the garden was sort of like a grid. Each opening led to another and that to another different from the preceding and it just went on and on. He discovered this after going around for a good number of minutes. He decided he was going to put a marker.

"Sonaris vegetatum!"

A white rose grew and towered about three feet. He smiled and went out of the entrance and whenever he got to another place, he placed a special breed of flower there. Good thing he knew flowers.

He discovered there were as many grids as they were flowers he could remember. He came to a stand still when he exhausted the names and he became somewhat shaken. He was feeling claustrophobic as the time elapsed and it gradually began to darken.

"Oh damn...what do I do?"

Just then, he heard a scream. It was a feminine voice. His heart pounded as he ran towards her direction cursing his decision to split ways. He wouldn't forgive himself if she got hurt.

He came towards the entrance of the particular section of the grid he had heard the scream from and saw drops of blood. He ran, doubling his strides as he broke into sweat. He got into the clearing and found her in a pool of blood struggling for breath.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pabon the update is very short o
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
mhiz:
Pabon the update is very short o
I know...it will have to be in bits for now.

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
I'm kinda busy now...i've got two STRONG tests slated for this week alone...make una still pity me small...

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
you are just #Made Of More
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 02, 2016
Have you voted for your Story of the month? No?

Hurry now

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award#42540235
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by oghenekome51(f): 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Weldone sir! Thanks a bunch for the updates! Pabon udon try but d updates are quite short! Whatever u do, pls dont abandon d story! ****patiently waiting****
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by emyblinkx(m): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Next episode oo please

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.