Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117120 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Optimist1:
I can see your effort, nice one... You only have to improve your tenses, plurality and punctuation where necessary. Nice one once again.

Thanks bro. I shall try to make improvements.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Optimist1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
pabon:
Thanks bro. I shall try to make improvements.
Are you a graduate or still in school?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Optimist1:

Are you a graduate or still in school?
I just did my final exams but project work is still ongoing.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Optimist1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
pabon:

I just did my final exams but project work is still ongoing.

I don't know if I give you a clue to improving your grammar, you'd like to follow up.
As a graduate in anticipation, I don't know if you'd like to be reverted. But anyway, if you would, then let me know.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Wow bro,I love dis story.I just started reading today and I must say I'm impressed, but please update quickly
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
I really want to appreciate the mod who deemed it alright to put up my thread on front page. It so made my day! Thanks a bunch....

Guys despite the fact that I had a VERY hectic day, I'm going to update this story today. It may not be a very long one but I will try to see if I could get the writing juice flowing again... Tis been a while.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
ELMICHELDA:
Wow bro,I love dis story.I just started reading today and I must say I'm impressed, but please update quickly
Thanks
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
Optimist1:

I don't know if I give you a clue to improving your grammar, you'd like to follow up.
As a graduate in anticipation, I don't know if you'd like to be reverted. But anyway, if you would, then let me know.
I'm very open to whatever will help improve my writing... I'm hoping on taking this to the next level.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Optimist1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
pabon:

I'm very open to whatever will help improve my writing... I'm hoping on taking this to the next level.

Get an extensive English text book, study the part of speech very well. More especially Nouns and Verbs; read other story books and as well as going to study online English Grammar, if possible, you can subscribe to other online courses as to partake on them.

And I tell you my brother, once you consistently studying it for a month, you will see a gagantual amendment in your epic.

That is the secret of what I do because what you think is nothing, is something
and that is what others are missing. They think once they get into universities, they have nothing to do with anything relating to secondary stage any more but is absolutely wrong.

Just commit yourself to it and you shall see what i'm telling you. And You shall attest to it. Wish you all the best and any question, you are free to let it acquainted to me. I really enjoyed your epic, twice again nice one.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
mhiz:
Pabon, are you back? I've been waiting patiently.
I didn't see your post earlier... I'm back now.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2016
I was typing an update... Almost done actually and the next thing I knew was error and that was how it just went away... Just like that

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
The silence that followed was deafening and maddening that George thought he could snap any minute from now,

"Get on with it already! " He screamed at them from his thoughts. The way they gazed at him with those cold eyes could make someone lose his sanity. He wondered where his strength came from for he was still standing, waiting for them to make the first move.

Could it be that they wanted him to attack first?
He noticed too that the water was no longer flowing. Everything stood to witness the epic event that was to unfold. He kept his eyes fixed on the creatures in the front of him.
He felt his feet get warmer and as tried to look down, on caught sight of a reflection on the water and was startled at what he saw. Momentarily, he lost concentration and was shocked at what happened next...

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
omo alhaji pabon....please post the next one kiakia ni o....
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
pabon you are more than a writer, your kind is rare. Thumbs up to you bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by EkoroPrince(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
[b][/b]Nice one pabon. Pls update soon
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
faruq37:
omo alhaji pabon....please post the next one kiakia ni o....

My guy dia!
I wanted to try and see if the writing juice still flows. I will work on a longer update.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
nunamyeong:
pabon you are more than a writer, your kind is rare. Thumbs up to you bro
Thanks. Keep on following...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
EkoroPrince:
[b][/b]Nice one pabon. Pls update soon
Thanks. I will.

#Madeofmore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
A big thank you to everyone of you for sticking with me throughout this period. I'm hoping on concluding this story... At least this first part before the end of September...

Stay with me...

#MADEOFMORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:19am On Aug 14, 2016
The first of the ugly looking creatures came at him at top seed. It was just centimetres away when George realized the danger and with an alacrity he didn't know he possessed, he dodged and he averted when would have been a terrible experience. He did a flip to face the opposite direction, the fins aiding his movement.

"Infantatem!"

He quickly spelled at the ugly creatures even as it was already coming for another attack. It stopped in its track, and just dropped , as though it had suddenly lost its ability to swim. George was glad he had got the spell right. He had remembered seeing it somewhere in one of the spell books. He had only been afraid it wouldn't work. It was a disorienting spell that left the target void of any thought of violence, the child-like absence of any thought of evil.

The others had stood in line, perhaps hoping that the first would have done the job but it wasn't 't to be as they watched one of their compatriots go down like it hadn't been match fit. Now, they knew they weren't dealing with just any creature, but one with magical ability.
George's senses were heightened as his eyes easily darted from one end to another. He watched as the creature spread out. They weren't just going to attack one after the other but it was going to be an avalanche. He took a dip spiralling downwards and heard movements behind him, a hot pursuit. He changed directions as his instinct guided him but there was a fluidity to the motion of his assailants that he didn't possess. They were more in sync with the water, well that was obvious seeing they must have lived all their lives in the water and had their bodies suited for such a life. They were products of the water. Yes, that's what he was going to call them; waterlings.

"Locom en maxima!"

His speed saw a boost as he zoomed away from his attacker. He had time and space to position himself at vantage, and with as much momentum, he spelled at them some metres before they got to him.

"Infantatem!"

The first of them saw the spell and moved sideways but the next being behind, had not seen it coming and the spell hit it and it just stopped in its pace, amidst the speed it had been coming with and just starting dropping down.

Two down. Nine left

It was as though, telling himself this gave him hope. He took another direction but ran into one of them. He backed off just in time as it was already lunging its tongue at him. He was shocked at the length of it. It was as though its tongue transgressed the whole length of its body. He back-flipped and glided towards the other direction, but again met another of the waterlings. He dipped down and did a zigzag movement, trying so much to elude them. As he neared the bottom of the pool, he saw what looked like a cave. He wondered what it could be. The better part of him wanted to check it out, but it was against his instinct which told him that there was danger lurking. He gave it a thought and came to the conclusion that it must have been a setup. The waterlings would have him in the exact spot where he wouldn't be able to escape. He was sure that though he could see an opening, that there wasn't 't an exit at the other side. He was going to be trapped and then feasted upon. He hated to think of that. Imagine yourself eaten by such irritating creatures.

YUCK!

He changed direction and again spelled himself to move faster. He noticed he was losing strength ht and the sooner he put an end to this encounter, the better for him.

He thought of the best option to deal with them. Not one by one, but they all together. A spell powerful enough to deal with all of them. An idea struck him and he began working at achieving it. He had to get them to a spot where he could attack them at once. He knew what he had to do. He again changed direction and headed towards the cave. He listened as they moved faster as though wanting to get to him before he changed direction again. He stopped short of entering at the mouth of the cave and waited. The waterlings didn't wait for him this time around as they made to force him in. He had been counting on that. Just few centimetres from the first getting to poke him with its tongue, he ducked and it went crashing inside. The others too unable to stop their motion, went in. He took action immediately.

"Levitatum!"

He directed the spell at the rock and it lifted and shot right out of the water into the air.

"YES!" He shouted at his victory. The best way to defeat an enemy was to take it away from its comfort zone to an environment it wasn't 't conversant with. Try taking a fish to live on land. He hadn't imagine that it would be this easy. He turned to go and that was when the cold flesh struck him.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by favexx(f): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
U made me join nairaland today pabon u must mention me each time u update i love your story kiss
pabon:
Its been quite some time. Seems apologizing is all I do. So, I'll just go straight to making another update. Its been long over due.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
favexx:
U made me join nairaland today pabon u must mention me each time u update i love your story kiss

Okay ma. I shall do as you say.
I'd love to know how you got to know about my story. Care to tell?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
I have added a cover to the first page. I want to know what you guys think of it
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Donpeteranking(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
It's splendid kpoko 4 u. in whispers =abeg kum update
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 16, 2016
Nice One Pabon, Keep It Coming. #madeofmore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:37am On Aug 16, 2016
I have been having issues with my wps... I had typed up some update only found it to pop-up some rubbish that an error occurred and the app just closed.. And with all I had typed gone with it. Does anyone experience similarly issues and if there a better application and typing on the Android platform?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by favexx(f): 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Actually I hv bin a guest fir 4yrs and ur story was on front page recently so I followed and figured I might lose this story if I dont join nairaland...viola! u made me join
pabon:

Okay ma. I shall do as you say.
I'd love to know how you got to know about my story. Care to tell?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
Oh no! why now undecided

George, You should have been more careful.

Thumps up to u OP smiley
Nice work
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by EkoroPrince(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2016
[/color][color=#990000]Pabon Pls update soon. Nice one keep it up
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:06am On Aug 26, 2016
EkoroPrince:
[/color][color=#990000]Pabon Pls update soon. Nice one keep it up
I'm so sorry... I had been preparing for my project defence for almost two weeks... Finally done with it yesterday... By God's grace l should be able to update soon.

I'd also like some suggestions. Do you think it would be better to just write updated everything about one chapter on write their bit's but bit regularly?

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by EkoroPrince(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Update a chapter, you know i love reading. Your kind are very rare, keep up the good work but please don't fail to update soon......
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thanks Ekoroprince, but I want to know if it's a general agreement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.