Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117147 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:28am On Apr 13, 2017
Brokenwind1:
I dont understand dis story again ooo.....
Come update ooo.

What don't you understand?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Just found this..........and I made a promise to myself. I need to dinish it..............page 3 and I'll continue later.

Bigup bro.....

3 Likes

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:03pm On May 07, 2017
My people!

How's it been with you guys?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 9:12am On May 09, 2017
pabon:
My people!

How's it been with you guys?
not good at all since you didn't update since all these while
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:13am On May 10, 2017
I'm sorry...

I flashed my phone three times in just over a month. I haven't fully recovered my files....

I need inspiration. Maybe, I'll read other works to get me gingered up.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ojusco(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2017
paboooooon!!! I go jail you o! If you dont complete dis story on time.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:06pm On May 16, 2017
He got to the entrance of the cave in no time and met it open. He hadn’t sealed it the last time. He hoped to God that Dathan was still alive. He knew it was hoping for too much but he had the feeling he would still find him somewhere, alive.

The tunnel looked darker than he imagined it had been the last time. He conjured a flame but it wasn’t much of a light. He wondered what could have made it this dark. He knew it wasn’t yet nightfall outside as he had arrived some few minutes to noon. He increased his pace as he couldn’t bring himself to think of what might happen . He got to the place where the body of the Thorank king had been and it was still in tact but it was looking fresher. Like it had only just died and George remembered how that it had been all bones . Something definitely wasn’t right.

He made to touch it but remembered what had happened when he had touched it the last time. He withdrew his hand and moved a step back. He turned to go back when he saw a set of eyes staring into him, burning into his soul. He froze where he was. Standing didn’t seem to be the best thing he could do at this time but he couldn’t help it. All he could think of was that this felt good. He was going to offer himself to save whoever had those eyes.

He began to feel the cold eat him up from the foot upwards. It came very slow and the more it ascended, the number it felt, he didn’t even know if this was wrong. Everything seemed so right at the moment.

It had arisen to his knees this time. A sharp pain exploded around his legs but still he couldn’t do anything. The gaze from the eyes burnt into him still and that was all that mattered.

“George!”

The scream made him break contact immediately. He recognized the voice. It was one he knew well.

“No.... “

He tried to move but he couldn’t. He fell to the floor. Nora rushed towards him and tried to help him up but he just couldn’t maintain balance. It was then she saw the sight that was his legs.

“My god! You were being mummified! “

“Let’s get you out” She placed his hand over her shoulder as she tried to carry him out but he was way weightier than she could manage.

Just then Cordelia followed by Mrs Ivy and Mr Logan came in.

“What happened?”
“I think he was going to be mummified! “
“You think you can help him? “ Mr Logan said looking towards his wife.
“I’ll try. Help me lay him down! “
Mr. Logan set him down and Mrs Ivy rubbing her palms together mumbled some words and placed her palms on each of his knees. Immediately, he felt the heat surge through him, loosening his flesh and making him feel lighter. She finished when all of it was gone and Mr. Logan gave him a hand which George took standing up. He pointed to the direction where the eyes had been but it wasn’t there. Not anymore.

“Let’s just go home! “ Mr. Logan said tugging on his shoulders but George shrugged it off. I’m not going without him.
“We can’t follow you there! It was stupid enough you coming here alone but that’s even more insane! “
George only turned to look at him with a look that said ‘final decision ‘ and Mr. Logan sighing turned to the others.

“You go outside and wait. I’ll go with him. “

They nodded silently as Nora led the procession flanked by Mrs. Ivy. She whispered a ‘be careful' before turning to go not wanting to let her emotions show.
George knew it had been a stubborn decision but one he had to make nonetheless. The torchlight Mr. Logan held was useless as it the light was absorbed by the darkness. You could cut the darkness with a knife, it was that thick. They walked side by side their breaths n their chests as they moved on.

Mr. Logan thought about his wife, Ivy. She had been as lovely as ever and had not even hesitated when she heard someone needed a saving. That was the kind of person she was. So selfless. It had been the reason she had decided to stay back in the realm when he had made the decision to leave. He had missed her everyday and now that they had reunited, he didn’t want to lose her, never wanted to be without her ever again. Just seeing her had made him realize how much she had meant to him. They were going to fight the solar solstice together and...

George stopped suddenly. Mr. Logan bumped into him in the darkness.

“what is it? “

He didn’t need to get and answer as he saw it right there. On the floor laid a body as white as the clouds.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2017
We are close to the end now.

#madeofmore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by JohnGainsville(m): 9:30pm On May 16, 2017
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2017
Good morning
I just modified my last update.

#MadeofMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2017
CHAPTER 18
It turned out that Dathan had been mummified from foot to his head and he had been a quarter to death when they had found him. Mrs. Ivy had tried all she could but Dathan didn’t so much as blink his eye. He just stared into nothingness. His eyes burnt crimson and everyone tried avoiding looking into them. He had been the one that had gazed into George’s eyes in a bid to share his warmth. And George’s best guess was that the GAZER had stared into Dathan’s own eyes. That was why the Thorank corpse had looked fresh. His gazers had been trying to bring him back. George had made sure to seal the cave this time with a mixture of both the Thorank and the inherent magic he wielded.

Dathan meanwhile, had only two days to live if he wasn’t saved. His life force had been drained almost to depletion.
They had tried all they could but it wasn’t helping things. Everyone ate breakfast that morning in silence. Nora and her weak friend with wobbly legs, Harris had since gone back to their homes. It turned out that Nora’s dad was the chief guardian of the realm.
As they sat at breakfast, George watched as they all not once looking up. George felt sorry this had to be going on now when Mr. Logan had just found happiness. He wished there was something he could do. Of late, there hadn’t been much conversation between him and his inward Guardian, Alexius seems to have melted into the background that was his heart. He only popped up in dire situations. It seems he hadn’t so much liked the idea of him being the Thorank king especially as he couldn’t decipher the meanings of the whistles and sighs that were elements of the language of the Sons of Thorank.
Getting up from breakfast, George said his thanks and Cordelia looked up at him wishing she could wipe out the pains in his eyes.

He went straight up into the library and began digging up information. He searched for a book that chad dealth with the issue but there was none. It seemed that their home here hadn’t housed the best of readers as the shelf had so little number of books.
Taking his coat, he went out putting the hood over his head, the noise of drops of water colliding with the roof of his hood sounded like an amateur drummer trying to score some complex song.
He saw some kids trying to do the mufiliator no doubt to be used foe some adventure and he laughed remembering the first time he had tried doing the spell. He had ended up blocking his ears and had gone a whole day hearing nothing but his heart beat which had gotten louder than a gong. He hoped the same doesn’t happen to these kids. He slipped his hand into the jacket as the cold was threatening to freeze them. He walked on kicking pebbles as he went. He arrived at the old house that looked like it needed a carpenter’s visit. It had the inscription just above the entrance. “ SWEEPERS LIBRARY”.

He pulled open the door and got in. There was no librarian in sight and he had to locate the right shelf himself. He came across the shelf meant for potions and there were lots of books on the subject. He saw the one relating to languages, those of the ancient Persians, the Hummers, whisperers and the Hisses and THE LANGUAGE, the Silent. He had a great urge to stop here but he held himself and went on till he came to the exclusive section where a variety of odd subjects. Here the books were still looking faded and worn out from disuse. When he looked in one section, the books had been kept very untidy, like the keeper hadn’t really taken time to arrange them. He was drawn to this section and began running his thumb on them reading their title. They were on Thorank and it’s ways. He took one out but it’s pages were blank. It had to be decoded.

“Those books are not for just any eyes! “

George froze when he heard the voice. He hadn’t noticed or heard anyone walk towards him and the voice sounded croaky. He turned slowly and fell against the shelf when he saw the face in the darkness. He was like nothing he had ever seen.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by honourable356(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2017
Impressive... really Impressive. welcome back dude!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2017
He was given a cup of some herbal tea as he had caught some temperature. He was sat on a stool with a book opened in front of him. The elf-like man had the look of pity on his face. Pity for the boy he had identified as the chosen one. George still couldn’t tell how this man had gotten to know about him for the prophecy hadn’t told of how he was going to look, at least not to his knowledge. The man though told him how he had come to look the way he did due to the curse of Thorank. It turned out that he himself had tried once to go into the tomb of the dead king but had come out cursed even though he had wanted the magic the king’s staff wielded for noble reasons. It had been the desperate recourse to save his dying father who had been injured in a battle with a centaur in a bid to recover a stolen artifact. George was surprised when he mentioned centaur for he thought they were nonexistent having been killed in the field of blood.

Well, he enjoyed the man’s narrative and didn’t blame him when he had consented to assisting Dathan in stealing the staff, this time taking extra measures that he himself hadn’t taken because he was callow and impatient. He had helped Dathan who had promised to help him get his form back when he returned with the staff.

He was touched though when George told him about Dathan’s predicament even though Dathan hadn’t kept to his own part of the agreement. He pledged to help find a solution to the issue and began by showing him some books beginning with the one in front of him, the book that Dathan had been reading the last time he showed face at the library.

“And how did you guys manage to break the code of the book when you don’t know Thorank language? “ The man smiled and then produced a low pitched whistle not audible to the normal ear but clearly understandable too his ears and he got the message too: he was half-made. The same reason why he hadn’t been gruesomely affected by the curse. For anyone else it would have spelt death but not him.

George immediately started perusing through the table of contents of the book after breaking the bind that sealed the book with a soft whistle and the book as expected, really held a lot of information concerning the ways of the Thorank people. This book in particular had been written by the then scribbler who had happened to be the right hand man of the king. The book though said nothing about dealing with breaking the mummy-inducing curse. He brushed that one aside and went for the next, “ The Myths of The Thorank People “. He skimmed through the pages of the book in quick succession and though it was largely informational, it wasn’t what he needed at the moment.
Books after books were brought to his table till a large pile had formed in front of him but he couldn’t get one that gave clearcut ways to break the curse. The day had passed on rather quickly to him, each passing hour a reminder that Dathan was near to his end. He still didn’t know why he so much wanted to save himself but all he knew was the push that kept him going on.
He yawned for the umpteenth time, this time the fatigue getting a hold of him. It had webbed it’s tendrils slowly into him and he gave up this time, brushing the books aside promising himself a quick nap.
He had a disturbing dream in which he saw himself being plummeted into the bottom of the river where he had first met his new found self. No matter how many times he swam to the surface, the sea demons always kept dragging him back down till he had lost all of his strength and had no push left in him. He was sinking slowly, deeper and deeper he went till he almost landed on the bed of the water body.

SPLASH!

He was drenched in water and he couldn’t find strength enough to ask what had happened. He looked up to see Harris.
“You were fainting! “
The elf-looking librarian had come to sight with a hand on Harris’ shoulders .
“He is going to be alright!“
“I pray so dad” Harris replied
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 1:19pm On May 23, 2017
Another fascinating update.
Good work! grin
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:24pm On May 23, 2017
nkemdave:
Another fascinating update.
Good work! grin

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by mexzzy47(m): 12:55am On May 31, 2017
Wow nice work man..... Keep it up
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:06am On Jun 01, 2017
And my phone gets bad yet again...
Repaired the TouchPad 3 times already....
Donna whattado!
Good morning y'all by the way...
And happy new month...
#MadeOfMore!

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
Good evening I've got the feeling that I should write but donno if I should
I'm not getting the creative ideas but I'm just in the mood...

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 12:23am On Jun 07, 2017
pabon:
Good evening
I've got the feeling that I should write but donno if I should

#MadeOfMore

Don't worry just put your pen to it inspiration would come
#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 11:41am On Jun 07, 2017
pabon:
Good evening
I've got the feeling that I should write but donno if I should

#MadeOfMore

In George's magic voice I am conjuring inspiration, Estusala! Estusala!! Estusala!!! grin
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
nkemdave:

In George's magic voice I am conjuring inspiration, Estusala! Estusala!! Estusala!!! grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2017
He got home that night and went straight for bed amidst shouts of concerns from everyone. He just waved and told them ‘I’m fine’, not sure they’d take him for his words are not caring either. Right now, all he needed was his sleep. He got rid of the wet clothes and without even caring to wear something else, he slept off.

His sleep was relatively peaceful, at least the first quarter. He just let turning over and over.
He must have slept close to three hours when the first of it came to him.
He was in some rice field, trying to make his way out. It was a vast array of land and it stretched beyond the scope of his vision. He kept looking downwards, pushing leaves and tassels here and there. He must have dropped something. He kept walking looking down until suddenly he came to the edge of a cliff. He had to hold himself back to prevent dropping to his death. He bent his back, hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. That was one lucky escape. He felt something poke his back. Turning around, he sees Dathan grinning wildly at him. He couldn’t voice his confusion and didn’t have time to either as he wielding the Thorank staff pointed it at George who was forced involuntarily down the cliff. This time he found a voice, a loud one at that!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Welldone pab. Your work is beautiful. It seems you wait till you r abt to type b4 tinking of continuing the story. I think you should write the story in a book before typing even if you don't hav mb or ba3 weneva you're free. It would make editing and updating faster and easier. It would also prevent you from getting confused abt chapters. Pls no pun intended. Happy writing!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by foster881(m): 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nice piece bro, i've been followin dis 4 sumtime nw
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by foster881(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
Where is George? come and giv Mr Pabon inspir8tn
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
He woke up with streams of sweat rolling down his face. He was on the floor with the pain on his bottom building. He found rubbing it a bit soothing. He cleaned the sweat from off his face with the back of his left hand while using his right to support himself as he got up and headed for the wardrobe. He got out a robe, sky blue it was and wrapped it around himself his hands folded around his chest. He looked towards the window and found the drapes apart and the shutters wide open. There was the reason for the shivering. He had forgotten to shut the window before leaving the house and now he had the cold to punish him and of course, the books that had been on his study table had also been wet and several pages had become less illegible. He found it less painful walking away from the book for he could now think of other things, like the hunger that was stirring up a war on the inside of him.
Pushing open the door, he let himself enjoy the warmth outside of his room. His eyes though needed some adjustment to the darkness. He didn’t want to start a fire so as not to wake up the others. He found his way to the kitchen and helped himself to some leftover slices of bread and some stew.
He sat down at the kitchen table and allowed his mind to wander as he ate away his hunger. Munch by munch, bits of the dream came playing back like a cracked record.

What could he have been looking for on that rice field? Would saving Dathan lead to his death?
He gulped down a large quantity of the stew raising the bowl to his mouth, the spoon not doing the job, or rather too slow, inadequate to pacify his hunger.
The staff though! How had it gotten back to Dathan’s hand?

He leaned back in his chair and allowed his mind to once again run around the dream.
What if the staff had been what he had dropped, what he desperately needed? And Dathan in the picture meaning it was going to restore him back to himself, the mean dude that he was?

There was no way to find out now because the last he remembered, the staff was safely tucked into the phalanges of the dead king. He knew he could never go back there at least, not till he knew how to handle the monstrous being, whatever it was, that lurked in the dark.
He got up and began pacing the floor. His mind went back to the librarian. Who would have thought that he was the father of such a roundish, wobbly legged boy.
The world definitely wasn’t short of surprises.
He went back to bed lying on his side, his face to the wall, wondering when all the weights on his shoulder were going to be taken off. He wondered what would become of his people should he fail. His heart was heavy and it wasn’t long till the shadows of the dangling flame emanating from the candle stick he had lit was nothing but a blur to his subconscious.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2017
He rode on the back of the Stag till he was at the middle of the war front. The enemies guised in Miritian armor were looking every inch set as their long spears and razor-sharp swords showed. It was times like this that George wished he was dreaming, that someone would pat his shoulders and tell him it’s morning but this was the real deal. The battle of Elyse had come and he was at the forefront of it.
“We are here today, fighting for our honor, our kingdom will not go out just like that. Today, know that you are in the greatest place we would ever be. For long, we prepared ourselves for this. Your years of intense training, your months of strategizing is finally going to be tested here. Remember, we who we are and the blood that flows in your veins. Miritian came to our world, our kingdom, took our wives and lands and chained our children as slaves. The time has come to make everything right. We will match strength for strength, we will not relent till they a bent, we will not stop until they’ve all been toppled. We will show them what it feels like to be wronged. Men of the realm are you ready?!”

He got a resounding and earth quaking YES.
He noticed movement behind him and one soldier, was edging forward, he could smell the adrenaline oozing from him. The dude was at his side in no time, his eyes focused on the slowly approaching enemies. George turned to give him the reassuring nod of affirmation when he caught sight his weapon. Instead of the traditional Eustanian steeled sword, he had a staff, the staff of the Thorank King. George shifted closer to him almost falling off from his horse to peer into the helmet, indeed it was Dathan.

“What are you doing with the staff and how did you get it, again? “
He got no answer.
“I’m talking to you, Dathan! “
The dude still didn’t reply. He was forced to come down from the horse. He was going to shove him when he heard the shout of ATTACK.

What? Someone else gave the battle cry?
He stood there as the soldiers shouting launched an offensive at the enemy Miritian . He just stood there as they passed without so much as noticing his presence
When they had all passed he turned to look at the battle and he caught sight of Dathan skillfully manipulating the scepter. He shot bolts of lighting and destruction with artistic alacrity. George could only wonder how he was doing it. Then, he noticed footsteps behind him, he couldn’t turn and slowly his hands went for his sword stashed safely at his side. He felt for the handle but it wasn’t there. His heart skipped a bit, then two, drops of sweats that he hadn’t noticed started forming on his forehead as he turned to face his predator.
It was a she and in her hand was the same sword that not long ago was at his side.

“Flumensia! “
She just waved her hand and the power bolt faded. His fears gained more height, now almost at his head. She walked slowly towards him and he retreated too till his back hit his horse. He turned and tried to climb the horse faster but the horse wasn’t cooperating. She got to where he was and when she was just an inch away from his face, she leaned in and kissed his forehead.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2017
He opened his eyes to see Cordelia sitting at his bedside. He looked to the window which blind had been shifted to make way for the soothing rays of the early morning sun. She looked worried.
“What’s going on? “
She turned on hearing him and looked into his eyes for some brief moment before opening her lips.
“You’ve been acting abnormal ever since the cave incidence. I’m just worried we might be losing you. “
George sat up and found his way behind her on the bed and he looked into her eyes.
“There’s so much going on right now and sometimes, I feel like I’m going to fail everyone, like when the time comes, when it matters the most, I won’t be there, won’t deliver as expected. “
She took his hands and covered them with hers.
“George, don’t think like that. You don’t have to bear the burden alone. That’s why we are here. We’re family, at least for now. Let’s help you. I believe our destinies are intertwined. We were meant to help you, defend the realm and get your home and people back.”
“Thanks” was all George could mutter as they locked in an embrace. Just then, his mind ran to the staff. He disengaged from the embrace and stood up. He removed the robe he was wearing and got a blue sleeved shirt on. He got his pants on too and bent to tie his shoes.
“I’ve got to do something. I’ll be back.”
“But… “ He was out already and was jogging his way when he passed Nora on the corridor. She was facing backwards like she was coming from his room, at least he knew his room was the only one in that direction.
“Were you looking for Cordelia, cos she’s in my room. “ She was hesitant to reply and seemed to have misplaced her diction. When she spoke, it was squeaky.
“No. I’m fine. I’m…… Good. “
George wasn’t sure she was alright and it didn’t look like she believed it herself. But he had some more urgent matters to take care of.

“Alright then, I’ll see you later, I’ve got to get to the library.”
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by cyber5(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
Give us more bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Good morning guys.

How's been the week?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2017
cyber5:
Give us more bro

I will when I have more juice..

#MadeofMore

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Temmason(m): 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
2013-2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.