Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Drum To Disk Brakes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drum To Disk Brakes (925 Views)

What To Do If Your Brakes Fail / Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes / What To Do When Your Brakes Fail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drum To Disk Brakes by MightyThor(m): 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hi all, is it possible to convert my 2001 I4 camry rear drum brake to disk brake?

I recent went to adjust the pad, the mechanic blotched the job and disconnected the return spring on one of the rear wheel thereby burning the pad completely. with disk brakes i don not need to worry about this adjustment issue.
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by MightyThor(m): 7:57am On Dec 10, 2013
Thanks, but what exactly does the change entails? do i need to change the entire back assembly along with the shocks and springs or what?
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by MightyThor(m): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Thanks man.
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
tiimms: Nope,just hand brake cables then the complete rear disc with caliper and your good to go,no shocks or anything is needed,so do not allow your mech fool you on that

Out of interest, what does the brake caliper carrier bolt to, on a drum-braked rear axle?
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Drum To Disk Brakes by MightyThor(m): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Siena:

Out of interest, what does the brake caliper carrier bolt to, on a drum-braked rear axle?

Is it possible?

If yes, what are the components required for the conversion?

Finally is it advisable?

Your input will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

3 Sure Ways To Kill Your Car / Major Issues On Engine [things That Can Damage Your Engine] / Drive Belts Inspection & Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.