Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. (653 Views)

11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's / Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know / Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
I'm about to buy a Nigerian used car.
I keep hearing car documents all the time, but i've never known exactly what these car documents are.
Please, can I know the exact list of documents required in Lagos currently to be able to drive freely on the streets. Its Christmas period and i wouldnt like all those Police, VIO and customs people to be pursuing me about and use me to chop Christmas chicken.
PS: i've done a search on this forum but couldnt get clearcut answers, the answers i got were confusing, and some were posted since 2008, so i'll like to know the current ones. Thank you.

2) I keep hearing 'original' documents. But how do I know if the documents are original and not fake. Any ways to spot a fake?
Or does the 'original' simply mean that they should not be photocopies, that I should insist on seeing the main documents not photocopies.

3). How do I avoid buying a stolen car. Apart from the obvious cheap price thingy, for those that are smart enough to sell their car at close to d normal price, how do i know its a stolen car? Are there signs to check for, things to look out for, documents to ask for?

Our experienced drivers and car gurus, i'll appreciate your comments.

I've got a lot more questions to ask, as a learner, but let me get the answers to these ones first and others will come later.
Thanks a million.
Re: Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. by louken(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
I'm seeking the same information as you. The one I fear most is buying a stolen car.
Re: Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 10, 2013
No answers still??
Re: Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. by DisGuy: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
One would expect these informations/document list should be on thier [vio,frsc] website, but nope, they'll rather extort people and introduce ambigious rules to make cash

1 Like

Re: Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lol, its an added stream of income na, for some the extra stream sef surpasses their main salary... grin
Re: Our Naija Experienced Drivers, Questions About Car Documents And Others. by BE811APP: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
When u buy d car.. When u go to renew d papers and do change of name... Dey will give u all d necessary docs involved... Including insurance papers..

My advice... When u are thru making ur papers... Photocopy all of dem including ur Drivers liseence and attach dem togeda.. When the stop u.. Hand d photocopy to dem.. Cuz if u give dem d original copy.. U are just finished cuz dey must look 4 fault and u mus cough out cash..

Cheeers and Goodluck!!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Honda End Of Discussion Needed Urgently (tokunbo) / Would You Save Your Car Or The Job? / Can I Still Use My Old Driver's License?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.