Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:47 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3659000 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (3811) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2018
Jigsaw - 7.5/10 cool though. As usual, always gory but storyline seemed interesting
A Bad Moms Christmas - 7.5/10 was nice and funny
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2018
Jigsaw......8/10

I loved it.....cool and gory....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
Jigsaw......8/10

now that is how horror look like
I just they look una they say annebelle/IT is scary
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CynthiaSA412(f): 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
I am currently watching a movie by Mercy Johnson called The City Hustler. Well,She plays a role of Akajuku(spelling) Aka Bekee is her other name,was stolen at birth and grew up in the village as this troublesome girl. She goes to the city to help her Aunt with her restaurant and she finds love.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Coco 8/10.. my kind of animation movie, good storyline with few good songs. I got to give it to Pixar animation, they never disappoint.

Son of Bigfoot 5/10..this animation is just there, nothing spectacular, although I had few laughs here & there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
sod09:
now that is how horror look like
I just they look una they say annebelle/IT is scary

lol....that's gory horror....now if you notice....conjuring/Annabelle has more sound effects than his....it's... how I go explain this thing.....your heart won't be relaxed....d suspense go wan finish ugrin.....Anabelle/IT try small....but you see "The Conjuring" and "Insidious"

I tried watching Insidious 2 again...gringrin.....I stopped halfwaygrin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

lol....that's gory horror....now if you notice....conjuring/Annabelle has more sound effects than his....it's... how I go explain this thing.....your heart won't be relaxed....d suspense go wan finish ugrin.....Anabelle/IT try small....but you see "The Conjuring" and "Insidious"

I tried watching Insidious 2 again...gringrin.....I stopped halfwaygrin
yeah insidious,the conjuring,the nun,the ring
Those 'the' are freaky as hell grin that's why I hate haunted or black magic horror

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
Jigsaw......8/10

Is it from that site...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
sod09:
yeah insidious,the conjuring,the nun,the ring
Those 'the' are freaky as hell grin that's why I hate haunted or black magic horror

aha....grin....those types would just be giving u bumps all d time...grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
armadeo:

Is it from that site...

yeahp
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
introvertme:
o p
e
nl
o
a
d
.co
/f/
B B V h 5 P A t K N w/b

CLEAR JEWMAHNJI MOVIE

Been on exile twice,#clear spacing #DeathToSpamBot
finally after downloading I found out it was just Cam rip - not the clear hd version shocked I go wait sha, d food still dey ontop fire...go soon done grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 12:41am On Jan 11, 2018
jigsaw .....6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SomeoneNice: 6:50am On Jan 11, 2018
The Shape of Water is anoda great movie to watch.... 9.5/10.... Nice storyline, superb acting. Infact d movie is epic, awesome Nd Brilliant.... THIS IS WHAT I CALL #MOVIE
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jmanity: 8:59am On Jan 11, 2018
SomeoneNice:
The Shape of Water is anoda great movie to watch.... 9.5/10.... Nice storyline, superb acting. Infact d movie is epic, awesome Nd Brilliant.... THIS IS WHAT I CALL #MOVIE

Any link to download?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2018
jmanity:

Any link to download?
To post link now na wahala cos of spam bot. Send your request to Obihielegolden@yahoo
I'll send it or any other movie (So long as the HD or any other manageable version is available).

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 11, 2018
Enjoyed every minute of Wolf Warrior 2, great action movie and I'll give it 9.2/10

"The Glass Castle " loading.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ola12(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2018
I, tonya - 7/10, great acting, slight comedy, good enough movie overall

I couldnt get past her husband beating her tho, I wanted to jst enter d screen nd shoot him in d head..nd she kept goin bak angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phamarsenal: 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
plz where can I get wolf warrior part 2 for download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
Beorn:

Ishîlove might come for my head for posting spoilers. cheesy

Ok, it's a story about two strangers who boarded a private plane, the plane crashed on a mountain with its pilot dying in the process, and the two people had to survive against all odds and in the process fell in love with each other.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ishilove:
Upon I edited your name, you still saw the inconsequential spoiler. LMAO. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
21 jump street 6/10.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand planets. 7/10. I never knew Rihanna is this elastic.

Wheelman. 6/10.movie was boring at first but later picked up, probably that's what you get when every thing about a movie is shot in a car.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
jmanity:

Any link to download?

Check toxicwap
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by adetunjioludami(m): 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Damfostopper:
what happened to Monday 9/10......would have been angry with my self if I missed this kind of movie..... seems many people are yet to come across it...

all they know is THOR Ragnarok.... justice league bullshit kind of movies
just finished wat happened to Monday.. Ts nt really special na..nyc story buh d betrayal isn't on good grounds.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
olu4life:

Was banned by bot for dropping link. Just go to 300 mb films dot co. Search for Jungle, you will see it there
I don tire for the annoying bot sef. I made a post on how to make money online and even make $10-$900 on Nairaland (Not through scams) grin and the bot banned me because I added links. Made another topic this time na mod remove am, without ban.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 7:56am On Jan 12, 2018
BlueSwede:

I don tire for the annoying bot sef. I made a post on how to make money online and even make $10-$900 on Nairaland (Not through scams) grin and the bot banned me because I added links. Made another topic this time na mod remove am, without ban.
pls talk more about how to make that money thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2018
obixcel:
finally after downloading I found out it was just Cam rip - not the clear hd version shocked I go wait sha, d food still dey ontop fire...go soon done grin

Nawa oo,so d screenshot way dey dere na scam?

Why are homo sapiens like this?

Guy sorry for the loss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 9:14am On Jan 12, 2018
introvertme:

Nawa oo,so d screenshot way dey dere na scam?

Why are homo sapiens like this?

Guy sorry for the loss
I dey tell you. I was like wtf!! thank God I used free WiFi so d thing no pain me much except d time spent waiting to download it completely.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nonut: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2018
Just finished Last Holiday on Mbc 2.
Watching Shrek the third on Mbc max.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 12, 2018
Emekus92:

pls talk more about how to make that money thanks
I checked your topics: You've got one with 71000 views, imagine you added something that gives you money for every view. Theoretically, you'd have made at least N31,300 for free.
Click the link on my signature, read up and you'd find more answers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mamazeus(f): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
[center]MM Review: “Wives On Strike The Revolution”[/center][/b]

I started writing my review for ‘Wives On Strike The Revolution’ say 45 minutes ago. It usually doesn’t take this long but for reasons ranging from trying to control my excitement from slipping through my intro, I have had to clear over a hundred times!

I am excited to announce that ‘Wives On Strike The Revolution’ is the best Nollywood movie of 2017 and I say this with all sense of seriousness.

I confess I had my fare share of misgivings and almost turned around when I was asked to vomit N2500. I had sworn to tag Omoni Oboli and ask for a refund if the movie did not meet my expectation however, It appears that Omoni has finally payed attention to critics as this movie far exceeds all of her previous works ( according to reviews) and definitely beats my expectation of a sequel.

[b]Synopsis

Unfortunately, I missed the first ‘Wives on Strike’ but from reviews, I don’t think it did that well. After watching the sequel, I regret not watching the first part.

In the revolution, the market women come together to protest a victim of domestic violence. Mama Beatrice is accidently murdered by her husband who attempts to cover up his crime. Unfortunately, his young daughter, Beatrice who witnessed the killing of her mother reveals the truth to Mama Ngozi (Omoni Oboli). Releasing a movie themed around Domestic Violence in my opinion was a very smart move by Omoni and her team considering that it was a 5 Star rated topic all year round.

The market women led by the Iyaloja (Sola Sobowale) engage the state government by enforcing the famous strike of refusing their men sex aka Jangolova. To read more, CLICK

Casting
The cast of ‘Wives On Strike The Revolution’ is an impressive array of Nollywood’s finest talents and for the first time since the beginning of 2017’s Nollywood releases, I absolutely have nothing to say about the skills showcased in the movie.

It was a glorious sight to see Omoni Oboli, Sola Sobowale, Uche Jombo, Kenneth Okonkwo, Chioma Akpotha, Odunlade Adekola, Toyin Abraham, Julius Agwu, Ufuoma Mcdermott, Chigurl even Elvina Ibru among others.

It would be total falsehood if I claim to have a favorite character as every single actor featured in this movie was on their A+ game however I have some favorite scenes.

Scenes featuring Chigurl and Odunlade, Scenes featuring Julius Agwu. I was so excited to see the veteran comedian back on his feet after his brush with death.

Action/Suspense
‘Wives on Strike The Revolution’ is a comedy directed by Omoni Oboli and I dare say, finally a comedy with some sense. Feel Free to compare with my review of The Wedding Party 2 . Despite the fact that I laughed so hard and smeared my mascara, I left the cinemas with the message imprinted in my heart.

The movie progression was also top-notch. Starting off with the announcement of Mama Beatrice death, to the women rallying around to support the victim’s kids, I enjoyed how it developed to them discovering who the actual killer was before progressing to their hilarious zero Jangolova Strike to drive home their point on the state government’s stand on creating laws that discourage spousal abuse. The script writer was well aware that we needed to get to the point of the strike but he/she let us grow into it and not shove it down our throats.

Since adding ‘abroad’ scenes was principle in 2017 Nollywood production budget, I expected that once again, the market women would find themselves abroad for a random and undefinable reason, I was wrong. The women were invited to London for a girl child summit which pretty much makes a lot of sense.

Asides domestic violence, the issue of women supporting women, men feeling emasculated by wives taking superior roles outside the home was trashed out hilariously in this amazing screenplay.

Did I mention that the video quality was amazingly impressive? Omoni put her money in all the right places.

But…

I noticed just this lack of satisfaction with the scene where the supposed Governor of Lagos State gives a public address. The set was pretty much not up to standard. I would have expected to see a fancy looking background befitting of a governor’s office and not two funky looking flags.

There was a bit of adverts here and there that sort of raised my eye brows. The adverts were put out so craftily that I felt just the same way I feel when discovering that a product has been advertised to me in a Hollywood production- Subtle yet so loud but for the Tony Elumelu foundation scene. It was rather too in my face that an advert was underway…Lastly, nobody drinks half a glass (cup) of Nunu milk with a plate of rice ohh…

A Word of Advice…
Don ‘t let 2017 end without you seeing this movie.

Verdict

By now you already know how I feel about this movie. I could spend another N2500 on the movie, it is absolutely worth it! In my opinion, this is the best movie to crown 2017. I am so certain you will enjoy it so much that I can offer you a REFUND if you don’t agree.

It gets my 8-10!!

www.mamazeus.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (3811) (Reply)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: WHITELIGHTER, NeoWanZaeed(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.