Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:40 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3658382 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (3811) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by etiosa24(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2018
Meanwhile Geo diseater (2017)
Lata I go review
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2018
G
Damfostopper:
spoiler alert....... The strange ones 2018......0.5/10.......save ur mb

Devil's gate 2018.....4.5/10.....light horror and thriller......
It seemed you ran into quack movies grin I myself won't bother checking them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2018
Downloading The Pirates of Somalia (HD 720p 2017)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 16, 2018
cao:

Storywise, it's the worst of the bunch. The music is top notch as usual, but man, they no try for the story at all. There were bits were I was able to predict actual dialogue. They even wasted the rivals sef. At least, P2 actually gave its rivals some personality.
I haven't watched the previous ones but I was told they were better, I thought exactly the same thing about the storyline and dialogue, not a cinema worthy movie at all, it was a straight to laptop production lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mamazeus(f): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
MM Reviews: ‘The Blindspot’ Starring Rita Dominic & Femi Jacobs

It is always a delight to see Rita Dominic and Femi Jacobs in a movie (the two have bad-ass onscreen chemistry) and that notion prompted my desire to see The Blindspot.
Now in all honesty, I doubt anything that is poorly introduced. After seeing an Instagram clip of the trailer, I made up my mind that I was going to kick off the MM Review year with the movie. However, the first piece of online material ( synopsis) about the movie gave me the impression that whoever the producer of the movie was did not pay attention to detail and finishing. See what I mean:

[img][/img]

Another Synopsis culled from YouTube for the official trailer:

“The Blindspot” movie is a hilarious romantic-comedy that will keep you glued to your sit till the last scene. Suspense filled, love, betrayal, family values and funny. Love never seems so bitter. Directed by Igunwe Alfred Otaniyuwa”.

Dear readers, I would have you know that the above synopses are a far cry from the theme of the movie, the conflict or resolution.

Fact Synopsis

The Blindspot, directed by Alfredido is a tragedy (it ends with the death of the major character). The movie revolves around Ayomide (Femi Jacobs) whose raging libido makes him engage in premarital sex few weeks to his wedding. His bride, Rita Dominic (I am having a hard time spelling the character’s name) is a firm believer in abstinence till the wedding night and ensures her man keeps his end of the bargain ( taunting him does not make it any easier).

A quick and quite convenient trip to Dubai for a quick shopping ahead of the wedding was all that was required to get Ayomide comfortable with a hooker(Etinosa Idemudia) who falls in love/lust for him and is left heart broken when she learns he is to be married in a few weeks. In a moment of anger, she spits:

“May your little man take a very long bow at the sight of a pussy”
Ayomide’s predicament follows shortly. Months into the marriage, he is faced with what is probably every man’s biggest fear- not being able to have an erection.

Frustrated and feeling betrayed, his bride leaves the marriage to spend some time with her grandmother (after she discovers his brief rendezvous) and alas, we find a twist to the story- Her grandmother had placed a spell on her that caused men to never have erections around her in a bid to protect her from rape (The bride’s mother was raped and died during childbirth).

While they try to undo the spell, an already demoralized Ayomide attempts to plead with the hooker to remove the spell which he assumes was placed on him by the hooker’s statement, loses his job because he refuses to share some of his powerful “little man” with his boss’s daughter and ultimately kills the hooker and her drug addict boo before taking his own life.

Casting
Rita Dominic, Femi Jacobs, Etinosa Idemudia, Rachael Oniga among others.

Review
Ordinarily, the story plus the above mentioned cast would have been the formula for zero hissing commendation, however, I have been left with no other choice than to say it as it hurts.

The movie reminded me so much of how you pump in a lot of money without paying attention to detail then end up complaining that things should have mapped out better. For one, whoever the sound engineer was should be given one million strokes. In almost all the scenes, the soundtracks overrode the voice of the characters so much that at a point, I was not quite sure if I was listening to rhythm or words.

Another on my check list was how the story played out. The excessive use of the time-lapse effect made me feel dizzy and gave the movie a very unrealistic feel. I insist on stating at this point that if a scene looks too difficult to accomplish based on the sentiments of the actor (which only happens in Nollywood), I think the scriptwriter should find a way to restructure the scene and not gamble with the audience’s patience for mediocrity. Common! The hooker/stripper had on a very appropriate looking dress and could not even convince me that she had any stripper skills except if I am to call that marine spirit ritual dance, a new Nigerian stripper style.

I’d give kudos to the sex scene. it was BRILLIANT to use silhouettes to play it out.

What I failed to introduce in the synopsis is the character of the ‘Man in Suit’ who apparently controls the tragic end of the fated lovers. The Man in Suit was a character of convenience. The story appeared to be headed to an easy closure and the script writer thought “Oh, how about I add this character to give my audience a weird feeling”. He succeeded albeit leaving a bad taste in my mouth and my movie companions of course!

The Man in Suit is seemingly a fallen angel who goes on and on about how he has watched the daughters of Eve deceive men with their beauty and how Ayomide’s bride was fated to break numerous hearts before getting married. The movie ends with a warning to “Beware of the Man in Suit….”

I forgot to add that getting an A4 paper isn’t so hard. They should never have settled for a sheet from a jotter to suffice for a test result.

Verdict

Needless to say that I was disappointed! I need a refund of my N1500 and I need it fast! This movie gets a

4/10

www.mamazeus.com.ng

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
I just watched Black swan and I'm really short of words.

The whole thing had the Mother movie vibes

Nawa oo

It's a STRONG 7.5/10 for me

I'm Definitely not keeping such taboo on my phone/hard drive grin

I'm weak

Make una go watch am

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hasn't anyone watched John Baptise the Perfumer?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
Gungnir:
Talk more about it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Emekus92:

Talk more about it

Dude killed various young women harnessed their smell to create the ultimate perfume that created the most astounding effect when diffused into the public.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
24 hours to live 2017......7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dahaz(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
Belko expirement....8/10 nice thriller movie with a bit of horror. if you enjoyed mayhem you will also enjoy this.

free fire......3/10 lots of fire power but senseless storyline
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ebubemg(m): 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Beorn:

My God!! If you're living in Nigeria, how did you get so much megabytes for you to have downloaded those huge MB movies in your screenshot? We're talking about a movie being 2gig alone!! shocked shocked
lol it's free unlimited wifi

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ola12(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
Gungnir:
I've watched it, stupid movie angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Molly's Game DVDSCR on TFPDL

Featuring...
Jessica Chastain
Idris Elba
Kevin Costner
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Marshall - 8/10. Döpe movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ebubemg:
lol it's free unlimited wifi
No wonder. Lucky you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
ola12:

I've watched it, stupid movie angry

How so?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Dotng:
Molly's Game DVDSCR on TFPDL

Featuring...
Jessica Chastain
Idris Elba
Kevin Costner

dvdscr....na una oh....300p

star wars 720p tsrip dey sef
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
coco.... skeleton movie, do they expect kids to watch that?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
Please, i have a monthly subscription on my glo line, but i want to subscribe for night plan on it, is it possible? Won't they deduct from my real sub?

I tried call glo cc but its just speakinv hausa.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 17, 2018
cao:
The Commuter.
No rating?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ionsman: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2018
Star wars: The last Jedi HDrip...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:09am On Jan 17, 2018
Beorn:

My God!! If you're living in Nigeria, how did you get so much megabytes for you to have downloaded those huge MB movies in your screenshot? We're talking about a movie being 2gig alone!! shocked shocked

It's possible dude.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:14am On Jan 17, 2018
introvertme:
I just watched Black swan and I'm really short of words.

The whole thing had the Mother movie vibes

Nawa oo

It's a STRONG 7.5/10 for me

I'm Definitely not keeping such taboo on my phone/hard drive grin

I'm weak

Make una go watch am

That's an old movie. And it was sick
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:15am On Jan 17, 2018
Gungnir:

Dude killed various young women harnessed their smell to create the ultimate perfume that created the most astounding effect when diffused into the public.

Seen. He searched for the last one who was prof snapes of the harry potter fame daughter.

Disnt like the way the movie ended though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 17, 2018
armadeo:

Seen. He searched for the last one who was prof snapes of the harry potter fame daughter.

How he got eaten?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:43am On Jan 17, 2018
Nesso:

No rating?
Typical actioner, does what it's supposed to do and as usual - shaky camera editing during fight sequences (the usual old man action tricks).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:56am On Jan 17, 2018
armadeo:

Stop spoilers o... angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:57am On Jan 17, 2018
Gungnir:

How he got eaten?
Stop the spoilers!!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 3:21am On Jan 17, 2018
Watching V for Vendetta
The movie has this Mr robot anarchist vibe to it.
I can't believe it's been around all this while

it's a bloody 10/10

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (3811) (Reply)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Meel and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.