Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3722832 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:07pm On May 21, 2018
Ishilove:

ROTFL! I knew I was getting wrong but it's been close to two decades I played that game so don't blame me for mixing them up cheesy
wow. Never knew you played SF. It's still my best video game, ever. Nothing comes close except Killer Instinct (on arcade).

Men! I miss the good ol' days of Mega Games, Raiders, Zoeys and the likes.

#FeelingNostalgic

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:19pm On May 21, 2018
sod09:
yeah I feel better tongue tongue
Btw I don't enjoy watching at the cinemas, I watch films alone
Then go to the cinema towards the end of its release. That's how I was the only one at a screening of GotG (although, that was my 6th viewing).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2018
cao:

Then go to the cinema towards the end of its release. That's how I was the only one at a screening of GotG (although, that was my 6th viewing).
nah... grin grin
I'm scared of darkness
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 21, 2018
cao:

If we used your logic, then Ghost in a Shell, Lucy will be termed science fantasy. Fringe is not termed science fantasy, it's science fiction, even the show's name tells you that. That crazy fantastical science you're going on about is fringe science.

Don't tell me you're using fringe science as your cornerstone, because in the sci-fi community, fringe science is a something of a pariah. It's a genre that imitates science but not really science in practice. It use concepts that depart from the mainstream as to be considered questionable - and most of it's theories have long been debunked. Fringe science is sff in disguise, except it's pretentious enough to delude itself that it's something better. The sci-fi community shun fringe science promoters as a rule, because they're often people that have no traditional academic science background. Basically, people that make stuffs up because they sound cool.

Fringe is MARKETED as a sci-fi only because it's the smart play in a marketing pov (sci-fi is a very popular genre), but in actuality, it's an hybrid of science and fantasy. Even in their wiki page, it is acknowledged that it's science fantasy by the inclusion of 'supernatural'. Look it up if you doubt me.

The same logic applies to the outrageous duo of Lucy & Ghost in the Shell. Both are science fantasy marketed as solely sci-fi for purely business reasons.

cao:

In fact, the Thor franchise is science fantasy. They've used Norse mythology, magic (or as the first Thor pointed out science we don't understand) and science (that we do understand).

Yeah, the Thor franchise is a science fantasy fiction. It's also a superhero fiction (yes, it's a subgenre), fantasy, and supernatural fiction.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nobsalis: 12:05am On May 22, 2018
Done with "The Blacklist" season 5 finale.
Pls who can recommend any series similar to it or any other Intel series (CIA/FBI).
Thanks in anticipation

cc cao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sahil1194: 8:29am On May 22, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sahil1194: 8:29am On May 22, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sahil1194: 8:30am On May 22, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:15pm On May 22, 2018
koice:

Don't tell me you're using fringe science as your cornerstone, because in the sci-fi community, fringe science is a something of a pariah. It's a genre that imitates science but not really science in practice. It use concepts that depart from the mainstream as to be considered questionable - and most of it's theories have long been debunked. Fringe science is sff in disguise, except it's pretentious enough to delude itself that it's something better. The sci-fi community shun fringe science promoters as a rule, because they're often people that have no traditional academic science background. Basically, people that make stuff up because they sound cool.

Fringe is MARKETED as a sci-fi only because it's the smart play in a marketing pov (sci-fi is a very popular genre), but in actuality, it's an hybrid of science and fantasy. Even in their wiki page, it is acknowledged that it's science fantasy by the inclusion of 'supernatural'. Look it up if you doubt me.

The same logic applies to the outrageous duo of Lucy & Ghost in the Shell. Both are science fantasy marketed as solely sci-fi for purely business reasons.

Young man, you sabi film no be small o cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 22, 2018
Ishilove:

Young man, you sabi film no be small o cheesy
Lolz. It's an easy enough subject. It starts to get more complex when you delve deeper into texture and structures of the movie genre. That one's a rabbit hole.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EBUBS(m): 5:47pm On May 22, 2018
Den of thieves.... I guess that's the best movie of 2018 so far

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 5:57pm On May 22, 2018
EBUBS:
Den of thieves.... I guess that's the best movie of 2017 so far

To you o. I watched it, and I was like, 'meh' , not too bad, not too good.

Den of thieves is a 2018 movie , but as an action movie, Avengers: Infinity War, 12 Strong, beat it hands down..in my opinion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2018
Achilles100:

To you o. I watched it, and I was like, 'meh' , not too bad, not too good.

Den of thieves is a 2018 movie , but as an action movie, Avengers: Infinity War, 12 Strong, beat it hands down..in my opinion.
Link for infinity War pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2018
Gringo - 7.5/10 Now that's a proper way to rep an African man and not that Fake accent in Black Panther undecided David Oyelowo on point

Girls Trip - 9/10 Soooo hilarious. Watched twice within 24hrs grin

Breaking In - 6/10 Nice movie but of course, too generic

Note: My ratings are based on the genre the movies are classified
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 7:19pm On May 22, 2018
Emekus92:

Link for infinity War pls

I saw it in cinema. Sorry.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:30pm On May 22, 2018
Just watched Game Night and I've got to say the movie was quite awesome. Movies like this don't benefit well from ratings. You just have to enjoy the movie.

P.S: Fav scene was the Malcolm X walk that Denzel look alike did. The dude's nose though. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Breegz14(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2018
Begin Again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:09pm On May 22, 2018
Kill Bill. Vol 1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iykekelvins(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2018
The recent comedy movies out now. Help me with them pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:47pm On May 22, 2018
A quiet Place

10/10

was thrilling asf....

Gringo.....6/10....just there.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by UjSizzle(f): 11:35pm On May 22, 2018
I need to watch Princess Diaries 1 & 2 again. Would anyone be kind enough to help me with download links please?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:02am On May 23, 2018
Deadpool 8/10

Pacific Rim 8/10

Watchmen 10/10,probably one of the best superhero movie ever made,the only bad thing about this movie is the fact that it's underrated.
Too bad Zack Synder talents were made useless by DC angry those guys are terrible
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:36am On May 23, 2018
Get Out
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by brain22(m): 1:38am On May 23, 2018
Ice fantasy season 5
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:39am On May 23, 2018
MJBOLT:
Deadpool 8/10

Pacific Rim 8/10

Watchmen 10/10,probably one of the best superhero movie ever made,the only bad thing about this movie is the fact that it's underrated.
Too bad Zack Synder talents were made useless by DC angry those guys are terrible

Not really. DC gave him the artistic freedom to do his thing, and what did he do with it? He ruined Superman. Bottom line, Snyder ruined Snyder.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2018
The Strangers prey at night - 6/10
This one made me smile at the end, not that one of 2008.
The "based on true event" part is bullsh*t and never happened. Hollywood movies based on true events is 97% sugar and 3% true eg The greatest showman.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 23, 2018
Csami:
The Strangers prey at night - 6/10
This one made me smile at the end, not that one of 2008.
The "based on true event" part is bullsh*t and never happened. Hollywood movies based on true events is 97% sugar and 3% true eg The greatest showman

The premise of Strangers (2008) is based on true events, the plot not so much. Since the investigation hit a wall of silence (people with information were knowingly holding back for one reason or another), the writer(s) of the movie script allowed their imagination to run wild since there isn't any public record detailing how the crime took place or the number of assailants involved. Bottom line, since premise is the initial stage of a film that drives the plot, then it would be incorrect to say it's bullsh*t.

Strangers Prey at Night is inspired by the 2008 movie which has already been established as a true story, so technically, the 2018 sequel is also a true story by extension. Also, not bullsh*t.

I agree slightly with the emboldened. While you were right on the sugar part, your distributions are way off mark. It's true that biographies and fictions based on true events can be spruced up to entertain (make less boring), but, biography movies with documented history and whatnot tend to keep it as true as possible. For example, The Pianist is a bio based movie, and the plot kept it as real as possible to reflect the true story behind it. Thus, the percentage distributions are more likely to be 60% true, 40% fiction.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 23, 2018
Feeling nostalgic so I have started rewatching the SAW franchise.

SAW movies might not be masterpieces (although the first one has a special place in my heart), but that scene when Jigsaw rose at the ending of the film was one of the best movie experience I ever had. This was a mindf**k... that he was alive and at such close proximity all along. I thought this made this movie kinda genius. One of my top WTF moments.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2018
Insidious The Last Key: 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:15pm On May 23, 2018
koice:
Feeling nostalgic so I have started rewatching the SAW franchise.

SAW movies might not be masterpieces (although the first one has a special place in my heart), but that scene when Jigsaw rose at the ending of the film was one of the best movie experience I ever had. This was a mindf**k... that he was alive and at such close proximity all along. I thought this made this movie kinda genius. One of my top WTF moments.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, the moment I gathered enough morale to watch SAW back then, I never stopped till I completed the subsequent parts. It's one scary and grotesque horror that I came to love. I'll watch it again if someone gives it to me. And the scene you described was an epic WTF moment to me too. It took me by surprise. I was like WTF. Never saw it coming.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 5:56pm On May 23, 2018
A Quiet Place - 8.5/10

Cargo - 6/10 A slow movie angry

Fahrenheit 451 - 4.5/10 Makes no sense to me biko. And quite similar to Equilibrium (Early 2000s)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 23, 2018
Beorn:

Even though I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, the moment I gathered enough morale to watch SAW back then, I never stopped till I completed the subsequent parts. It's one scary and grotesque horror that I came to love. I'll watch it again if someone gives it to me. And the scene you described was an epic WTF moment to me too. It took me by surprise. I was like WTF. Never saw it coming.

Not a fan of the genre either, but the SAW franchise is pretty special. It's an adrenaline pumping, grotesque lesson in the most creative and sadistic ways to maim and torture. It's pretty disgusting but fascinating in a f**ked up way. I mean, I often caught myself secretly wishing for dem sadistic contraptions to rip the victims apart even as I'm simultaneously hoping that they'd break free from their shackles. F**ked up, right? grin SAW does that to you.

That scene ehn! It's right up there with the moment Leo got shot in the head in The Departed. Completely expected and random.

Other horrors that come close to shaking my cynicism are:
- The Shining (best horror ever... better than the novel)
- It follows (gave me the creeps. I often caught myself looking behind me absent-mindedly several days after watching it)
- Final Destination franchise (most creative and weird ways to die violently)
- Don't breath (the tension is so palpable it was as if I was there with those teens hiding from that blind mean modaf**ker)
- Get Out!(My goodness... words cannot describe my horror at this masterpiece. That twist is genius, I didn't see it coming).

If you haven't watch those, try and do so ASAP. They're clearly above the generic rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Feleezy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.