Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. (3787 Views)

Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language / Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hello bros,

You mention Ado quite frequently. Can you please share more on this place name?

Start by telling what Ado is.

Thanks.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2013
MetaPhysical: Hello bros,

You mention Ado quite frequently. Can you please share more on this place name?

Start by telling what Ado is.

Thanks.
You always fascinate me big bros. Ado is my birthplace. Ado mean settler, just like Ondo which is like plura form of it. I know your impression is ADONAI or ADONIS, but Yoruba semantic value of the word come first. ADO in fon mean 'to have' i.e. E do. It can also mean 'sexy'.sad
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2013
Adonai and Adonis had no direct connection with my question.

Im trying to collect place names and trace their geographical/cultural connectiin.

I am member of a discussion group that meets once a month to deliberate on culture and mysteries. I told you a while back I dont know Ifa corpus, so I depend on others to explain it. In our last discussion the mystery of using rat and fish for sacrifice was revealed. In the discussion Ado Ekiti also came up and I remembered your frequent talk about Ado, so I want to know.

It seems Ado is a common name in Yoruba cities, particularly East Yoruba. Share more on Ado as a placename and a settlement.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ado as a place name derived primarily from an obscure source or link to historical Ado, that is meant to be a mystery that history would furnish meaning or findings to. However, Ado is mainly settled by people known generally as Awori. then new flux of people had came from neighbouring Yewa, Dahomey and so on in the last century.

Ado is subdivided into various realms that are called Ido, meaning camps or tents or makeshift station. There is Ido-agba, Ido-luwo, Ido-siki, Ido-numi, Ido-lehin, Ido-saba, Ido-jigan, Ijigbe, Abio, Ido-fe, Iga-Solo, Isanyin, Isoko, Ileba, Ilaje, Itako, Ido-Baarun, Idi-oniporogun, itire, idi-Ota and so on.

My fascination is the fact that Ado has some few ones that resonates at other places. For instance, Idobaarun is resonated as Orun Oba Ado at Ile Ife. Idobarun is "Ido Oba Orun" meaning the camp of the heavenly king. Whereas, At Ife, you have heavenly king Ado. What this make me think is simple, there is an unbilical cord, and it is Ado here, but their is Orun in the mix, which point to the source of the ancestors. Moreso, it is said in tradition

Ifa dakun masun nile Ado, Oyeku, dakun masun lotu Ife. The tradition is built on one single person, Ifa, aka Oyeku.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
ladionline: Ado as a place name derived primarily from an obscure source or link to historical Ado, that is meant to be a mystery that history would furnish meaning or findings to.

Yes, as a place name with wide distribution, Ado is a mystery and I agree that there is a historical context in that. Ado as a name is not a mystery and can be explained through its presence and praise in Ifa.

However, Ado is mainly settled by people known generally as Awori. then new flux of people had came from neighbouring Yewa, Dahomey and so on in the last century.

Ado is subdivided into various realms that are called Ido, meaning camps or tents or makeshift station. There is Ido-agba, Ido-luwo, Ido-siki, Ido-numi, Ido-lehin, Ido-saba, Ido-jigan, Ijigbe, Abio, Ido-fe, Iga-Solo, Isanyin, Isoko, Ileba, Ilaje, Itako, Ido-Baarun, Idi-oniporogun, itire, idi-Ota and so on.

What Im getting then is that Ado is "settlement" in Yoruba tongue. Awori, emigrating from Ife, settled the coasts and planted Ado. This will be the equivalent of a modern sovereingty planting its flag as first political unit to set foot on an unclaimed terrain, like Antarctica or moon, so to speak. Am I correct?

Is Ado and Ido interchangeable and can place names like Edo and Idu be extensions of Ado and Ido?

Can we say the Ado of Awori, the Ado of Ekiti, the Edo of Bini, the several Ido places and several Idu places are all one standard bearer (flag) for "settlement"?

My fascination is the fact that Ado has some few ones that resonates at other places. For instance, Idobaarun is resonated as Orun Oba Ado at Ile Ife. Idobarun is "Ido Oba Orun" meaning the camp of the heavenly king. Whereas, At Ife, you have heavenly king Ado. What this make me think is simple, there is an unbilical cord, and it is Ado here, but their is Orun in the mix, which point to the source of the ancestors. Moreso, it is said in tradition

[i]Ifa dakun masun nile Ado, Oyeku, dakun masun lotu Ife. [/i]The tradition is built on one single person, Ifa, aka Oyeku.

Well, there are two Oba Ado. The progenitor Oba Ado in Ife and the Bini Oba Ado that settled in Eko. I know that Bini Ado is named after Ife progenitor and Orun Oba Ado is the sacred resting place of Ife dynastic kings.

One thing about Ado, whether as a place name or person name, is it has linkage with Ile-Ife and Ifa.

Who was this progenitor in Ile Ife that was named Ado, is he same one mentioned in Ifa?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
I will always patronize you on some issues, Meta, you make sense a lot of time. I don't have a problem for Ado to come from Ife. I suspend believe like this because, I realize that Ado was once autonomous and if the truth should be told, Yoruba history should be confusing and later become scientifically harnessed. But that is not possible anymore. What is to be is lame 'stretch back to generally approved source', Oyo or Ife. In that, we have fiat answers already, though inaccurate.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lol. I am patronizing you now because you have background information on an aspect of the culture that I need to tie some knots.

Let us say Awori, as an independent nation, is the source and origin of Ado. Then I will ask you to define or connect the application of Ado, beside being a place name, with customs and rituals in which Ado is venerated in Awori belief system.

Can you do that?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
I wish you understand the fact that I dont want to create problem but solve one on my path, as such, I like to say the historic Ado was one person, the flag bearer. He is known by various names in Yoruba lithurgy and history depending on the mood of history. I think Ado is the same as Ifa or Orunmila (jnr.). Granted, he has other names that was celebrated, Ake, Owu, Owa, Ologbojo and so on. Here, I prefer Ado for obvious reasons, my biases anyway. Well you should be able to stretch or connect names in Yoruba. My (our) work is to fix the missing links here and there. I may not be able to address issues as you want, I'm in transit with a very small phone like that, not a particularly smart fone. Bear with me.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Of course, I understand.

I have more questions on the person of this Ado, his connection to Ifa; and indeed to ascertain if Ado placename is a distribution of Ifa knowledge. In other words, the dispersals and settlement of the knowledge and adherents of the school of Ifa principles. In this case Ado being a messenger or prophet and wherever his scholars settle with his knowledge we name it Ado.

I dont know, just a thought..
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
You make a salient guess there. My guess is that Ado was the main record keeper for the youth wing of the empire builders. I believe that Oduduwa group arrive at the success of Ifa group. The knowledge of ifa exist symultaneously with the awo who are the seekers, They were altogether knowledgeable, but were not altogether Ifa. The classified works of their leader was accepted for reverence and the work was build upon by subsequent generations, until our time.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
It is true that the record and knowledge of Ifa existed simultaneously in other cultures beyond Yorubaland.

Look at the image, another version of Ifa's 16 signatures. This is called Khatt ar Raml in Islam..sand divination. Its used in Islam.

Still on Ado, there's a deeper linkage between Ado, Ifa and these places named after him.

When we hear St Fransiscan Abbot, a picture comes to mind. When we hear Sabo, an image comes to mind. When we hear marina, an image comes to mind. What image does the name Ado conjure up in the mind of Yoruba?

If that image is settlement as you have done very well explaining, then settlement of who? Why Ado, and not Sabo or Sango or Ile ?

There is something sacred about Ado the person that called for certain sacred places to be named Ado. Could it be the Ogboni templars?

Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ETAPHYSICAL: 1:18am On Dec 11, 2013
I made a post with some info. Banned by bot, expires on 12th.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Sorry for the ban meta. I think the two names are down. For sure, the ancestors came from the middle East, that is what made them migrants (owo, owonrin, [a]wonrin). Then also they were very familiar with mecca. But in simple terms, they were Hebrew. The Yoruba for this is 'Obiri l'Aye' or 'Isem-b'Aye'. These two terms are domicile in Yoruba just as Omoluabi. Abiri is a variant of Obiri. Every Yoruba man becomes Abiri the day they die. (iku pa BIRI, ABIRI KU). They become 'eni Ebora'. BIRI is the root word for 'Hebrew' according to wikipedia. Ebira and Olo-ibiri are quite akin to similar phenomenon, so it is not isolated.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:20am On Dec 11, 2013
MetaPhysical: It is true that the record and knowledge of Ifa existed simultaneously in other cultures beyond Yorubaland.

Look at the image, another version of Ifa's 16 signatures. This is called Khatt ar Raml in Islam..sand divination. Its used in Islam.

Still on Ado, there's a deeper linkage between Ado, Ifa and these places named after him.

When we hear St Fransiscan Abbot, a picture comes to mind. When we hear Sabo, an image comes to mind. When we hear marina, an image comes to mind. What image does the name Ado conjure up in the mind of Yoruba?

If that image is settlement as you have done very well explaining, then settlement of who? Why Ado, and not Sabo or Sango or Ile ?

There is something sacred about Ado the person that called for certain sacred places to be named Ado. Could it be the Ogboni templars?
There seems to be two Ogboni. The ancestral one and our modern hybrids. The ancestral Ogboni were Oduduwa group. They were thus called egbe Agba.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2013
The word Ogboni (also given as Agboni in egun) stands for 'Agba' in Awori tongue. But as 'Arugbo' in mainstream Yoruba. this reminds of ido-agba or alagbaa (eegun) in Yoruba. Kindly observe this linear lingual progression: OGBO-NI(eni ogbo ni: an aged person)=IGBONI=A-RUGBO-NI=A-GBO-NI=OLU-GBO-NI=OWA-NI=OLU-WA-NI=IGBO-NA-NI. OGBONA(pathfinder)ni.

The ancestral Ogboni were old seekers or veterans from all walks of life, selected on a mandate to seek a promised-land (obatala group). But the youthful Owa got to Yorubaland first (ikorodu). Hence the saying 'omode gbon agba gbon...' The common denominator is igbo, igbon or owa, meaning the quest. The linguistic implication of this is simple: the quest begot Ado. The twosome quest (eji-gbo) begot the settlers.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2013
MetaPhysical: Lol. I am patronizing you now because you have background information on an aspect of the culture that I need to tie some knots.

Let us say Awori, as an independent nation, is the source and origin of Ado. Then I will ask you to define or connect the application of Ado, beside being a place name, with customs and rituals in which Ado is venerated in Awori belief system.

Can you do that?

Let me try.

The name Awori is derived from the consciousness of the indigenous people to tell a tale of their inception. who named the country as such? The name predate Awori people for the simple fact that it says 'AWO' (seer) 'RI' (discovery). As a variant, Awori is noun form of IWORI, which can also be reduced to IWO (focus) ORI (seer, discoverer).

As to being venerated, the closest to this point was when Oba Akintoye was to worship at Oduduwa temple, but then crisis broke out. I think Crowther, who wanted to proof Yoruba 'monotheism' and 'civilization' adopted Ado as spiritual heartland of the Yorubas.

The Yoruba do not truly look to one another as to origin in his time, if not he (Crowther) would have been the first to set that in records, but he was not aware of such needs and he has nothing to gain even when he adopt Ado for monotheism, because he may not be conversant with other places invoking Oduduwa at the said time if there is any. Oduduwa has other names with most Yoruba entities.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
ladionline:

The word Ogboni (also given as Agboni in egun) stands for 'Agba' in Awori tongue. But as 'Arugbo' in mainstream Yoruba. this reminds of ido-agba or alagbaa (eegun) in Yoruba. Kindly observe this linear lingual progression: OGBO-NI(eni ogbo ni: an aged person)=IGBONI=A-RUGBO-NI=A-GBO-NI=OLU-GBO-NI=OWA-NI=OLU-WA-NI=IGBO-NA-NI. OGBONA(pathfinder)ni.

The ancestral Ogboni were old seekers or veterans from all walks of life, selected on a mandate to seek a promised-land (obatala group). But the youthful Owa got to Yorubaland first (ikorodu). Hence the saying 'omode gbon agba gbon...' The common denominator is igbo, igbon or owa, meaning the quest. The linguistic implication of this is simple: the quest begot Ado. The twosome quest (eji-gbo) begot the settlers.

Thats new knowledge for me. Tell me, what is the relevance of Ikorodu in reference to Ado?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
ladionline:

Let me try.

The name Awori is derived from the consciousness of the indigenous people to tell a tale of their inception. who named the country as such? The name predate Awori people for the simple fact that it says 'AWO' (seer) 'RI' (discovery). As a variant, Awori is noun form of IWORI, which can also be reduced to IWO (focus) ORI (seer, discoverer).

As to being venerated, the closest to this point was when Oba Akintoye was to worship at Oduduwa temple, but then crisis broke out. I think Crowther, who wanted to proof Yoruba 'monotheism' and 'civilization' adopted Ado as spiritual heartland of the Yorubas.

The Yoruba do not truly look to one another as to origin in his time, if not he (Crowther) would have been the first to set that in records, but he was not aware of such needs and he has nothing to gain even when he adopt Ado for monotheism, because he may not be conversant with other places invoking Oduduwa at the said time if there is any. Oduduwa has other names with most Yoruba entities.

The circumstance of all slaves is such that it stimulates the question of self probity. The man was an ex slave. Crowther must have thought about the question of Yoruba origin, his silence on it is not a true indicator for the contemporaneous mindset. He was familiar with a society that practices traditional faith in which followers kneel and bow to Orisha; as well Islam faith in which five times a day the followers kneel and bow to God. This was the Yoruba society of his time. Im sure a Theologian, as he was, would want to know what connects the two.

Crowther was preaching Adam and his genealogies to the Yorubas who already were familiar and venerate Ado and Adimu.

So who is Ado, who is Adimu and who is Adam?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'm happy to have you back. I was wandering 'where has meta been?' Of course Crowder was as agitated for true Yoruba history as we do, but Yoruba scholarship of his time was just being born. He was codependent on contemporary missionaries and also frequents Muslim Yorubas who were at the forefront of staging the rebirth of their fatherland as they thought is best suited. But most of all, as a scholar, he wanted a theocentric, civilized Yorubaland to reckon with as an advance African culture.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
To me, Ado was the person who organise the southward journey from the 'alausa' camp that led to the discovery of Yorubaland. He was the youth leader while Odu'a was the Mother superior. Adimu is identical with Adamu Orisha, Eyo ile Ola. Look at Eyo dresscode. Thats Adimu, someone spotting 'hijab' like Rebekah, wife of Isaac. Thats how or why Yoruba bride often cover their face on the day of their espousal, like Rebekah. [IKO, CA] Laba [ekun] resonates with Laban, the brother of Rebekah. (Gen 24)*. Ekun maa fara sinko, Iwaju ekun ina, eyin ekun oorun, aboju wo, abese wo. A ri gini, a rin gini. Arin gini-gini w'oja. - 'E-suwa!
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
ladionline: To me, Ado was the person who organise the southward journey that led to discovery of Yorubaland. He was the youth leader while Odu'a was the Mother superior. Adimu is identical with Adamu Orisha, Eyo ile Ola. Look at Eyo dresscode. Thats Adimu, someone spotting 'hijab' like Rachael, wife of Isaac. Thats how or why Yoruba bride often cover their face on the day of their espousal, like Rachael. [IKO, CA] Laba [ekun] resonates with Laban, the father of Rachael. Ekun maa fara sinko, Iwaju ekun ina, eyin ekun oorun, aboju wo, abese wo. A ri gini, a rin gini. Arin gini-gini w'oja. - 'E-suwa!

Omg! Such pathetic stuff from one who claims to know Yoruba history.

And Rachel is Isaac's daughter-in-law and not Wife
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
ladionline: To me, Ado was the person who organise the southward journey from the 'alausa' camp that led to the discovery of Yorubaland. He was the youth leader while Odu'a was the Mother superior. Adimu is identical with Adamu Orisha, Eyo ile Ola. Look at Eyo dresscode. Thats Adimu, someone spotting 'hijab' like Rebekah, wife of Isaac. Thats how or why Yoruba bride often cover their face on the day of their espousal, like Rebekah. [IKO, CA] Laba [ekun] resonates with Laban, the brother of Rebekah. (Gen 24)*. Ekun maa fara sinko, Iwaju ekun ina, eyin ekun oorun, aboju wo, abese wo. A ri gini, a rin gini. Arin gini-gini w'oja. - 'E-suwa!
*Editted.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
Adimu literally means 'the veiled one' or 'one who cover her nose'. This word is Yoruba re-enactment of Isaac (Isokun) and REBEKAH'S 'engagement'. Moses record it (Gen24:65) because of its historical significance in Hebrew culture, and the same survive as cultural practise observe among Yoruba women in the day of their expousal. Yoruba bride do cover their face just before they are bethroted to their beloved. The Eyo costume reminisces the espousal of Iya Onitana, Aromire-Ake at Ibefun as 'aya Ola' (queen), before she became 'eyo ile Ola'. btw, meself I be 'omo ola' o, ejoh o! Just Kidding. (oriki JOSE, 'Nimode Ibefun, omo abejoye...').
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 3:14am On Dec 18, 2013
ladionline: I'm happy to have you back. I was wandering 'where has meta been?' Of course Crowder was as agitated for true Yoruba history as we do, but Yoruba scholarship of his time was just being born. He was codependent on contemporary missionaries and also frequents Muslim Yorubas who were at the forefront of staging the rebirth of their fatherland as they thought is best suited. But most of all, as a scholar, he wanted a theocentric, civilized Yorubaland to reckon with as an advance African culture.

This is true in all aspects, our scholarship is a advocacy for dogmatic principles and not necessarily the truth as we find it.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 5:36am On Dec 18, 2013
ladionline: To me, Ado was the person who organise the southward journey from the 'alausa' camp that led to the discovery of Yorubaland. He was the youth leader while Odu'a was the Mother superior. Adimu is identical with Adamu Orisha, Eyo ile Ola. Look at Eyo dresscode. Thats Adimu, someone spotting 'hijab' like Rebekah, wife of Isaac. Thats how or why Yoruba bride often cover their face on the day of their espousal, like Rebekah. [IKO, CA] Laba [ekun] resonates with Laban, the brother of Rebekah. (Gen 24)*. Ekun maa fara sinko, Iwaju ekun ina, eyin ekun oorun, aboju wo, abese wo. A ri gini, a rin gini. Arin gini-gini w'oja. - 'E-suwa!

I have a theory for you and I want you to disprove this theory.

I pieced together the many things you have said so far and here is my line of thought on Ado.

1. Ado/Adam/Adimu
This is a divinity.
Ado is one of the orunmilas.
Adam is an idol molded out of clay in the likeness of Ado.
Adimu is the occult of Adam

2. Adimu Orisa
This is the occult of Adam, a veneration to Ado (an Orunmila).

The custodians of Adimu Orisa in Yorubaland are two brothers called Ejilu and Malaki.

Could Ejilu be "Angel"?
Could Malaki be "Malachi"?

You mentioned Ikorodu. I don't know its relevance but I followed some of your dissections into the Bible and there is a river in Ikorodu called Majidun. That river is as old as Yorubaland itself.

You have heard of the term Armageddon!

Armageddon came from Mageddo.

Mageddo was the land of Ad (Ado?) who was the leader of the Amalekites (Ekitis?).

His land was destroyed and occupied by the Edomites (Edos?)

Humans are like rocks, in our sub-conscience there is a memory stamp of past civilizations that is lived through ancestry and from time to time the clock reawakens itself . We can appreciate this better in science where archeologists use rock sediments and fossils to date events in past centuries - radio carbon dating.

Naming in Yoruba, whether its for a person, a domestic pet or even town is never done spontaneously; there is a much thought given to it. Particularly the name of a person and that of a town actually carry some rituals with them and a libation to the ancestors. So the Yoruba ancestors that settled the land and named these places were the equivalent rocks from which the memory of their ancestral lands was reawakened and remanifested to duplicate the Amalekites of Ad (Ado Ekiti); the Edomites (Edo); the Jebusites (Ijebu); the Mageddo (Majidun); Malachi (Malaki).

This of course is my theory.

There is something else I want to discuss on Moses' mythical journey across the Red Sea and through the bush/woods and wilderness. This will come much later.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2013
Big bros, kudos. I know this is the one culture we have to assert ourselves with all semantic device at our disposal. Ejidun and Malaki were patriarchs at Ibefun. The name ejidun simply means eji-Odun, Yoruba for 'second month'. Now this is symbolic, the Ipetu-Ijesa would say, 'ejidun-olokun ti amise agbe loyin'. The word 'Ejidun' can be linked to 'omo Adele teji-teji.' Eji [two or rain] is a function of exodus, how?: the expression 'a de le t'eji-t'eji as sentence means 'we got home at two or at raining season'. Adele as a name means 'regent' and is akin to Aron. Ejidun is second month of the year. In mainstream Yoruba, second month is called 'IRELE', (february), meaning 'going home' i.e. exodus. The time is mid march or april, not our gregarian February. Ejidun and Malaki were brothers, if Ejidun is Irele, then Adele (Ejidun) make sense, and so does Olokun. But there is no mention of Olokun on the Island. Wait, who was Eshinlokun? who was Jose iduntafa (JOSE, PAINED BY ARCHER) and so on? SENSIBLE MEDLEY!
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
As much as I enjoy this your discussions I just have to say It's a whole load of crab

Ikorodu is an Ijebu town, wat has Ado got to do with Ikorodu.

Ogboroganda the 3rd king of ijebu came from Nubia territory of Waddai
He got to Ife and was incorporated, he adopted the Ife spirituality and left southwards on Ifa's advice.
He landed in a city called Iwa, there he was named Obanta and defeated the king who was later called Ijasi "Ija-Osi" No more battle.

Ijebu people formerly occupied the present day South Sudan which was at a time a colony of Ethiopia.
Queen of Sheba- Bilkis was from that area and the Ijebu's coming from their former home to Ijebuland still kept her in their memory. Sungbo is built in honor of Bilikisu, and the Ijebu people claim she was buried there.

Edomites have nothing to do with Edo.
Edo is the name of the bini people.
Oranmiyan left Igodomigodo in anger and called their land "ile-binu“
An Oba of Bini from the 18th century was saved by a servant called "Edo" while he was still a prince, Edo lost his life for his future king and When The prince became Oba he changed the nations name to "Edo" in honor of his dead friend/servant. The name "Edo" didn't exist until the 18th century, so get ur facts right before u start making silly assumptions.

As much as I won't like to dismiss one of the Orunmila's having "Ado" as his real name. I think there's a confusion
Orunmila left Ile and settled in Ilesun, one of his children was Ewi. Later on in history, A Benin prince came and overtook ilesun, renamed it "Ado". Ado-Ekiti
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Educational sagacity is not garrulous, symbolic expression is jingoism...Our story here is like the indian folkstory of parrot and the lorikeet. You are courting trouble if you are not echoing wikipedia or quoting 'the golden era historians'. No more pioneering a school of thought. Beware of dog, meta.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Where is my dog?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

delete thread / Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin / Hausas On Nairaland !*! Kuzo Mu Shakata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.