Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,191 members, 7,807,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 - Foreign Affairs (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 (37922 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Daffydoc: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
purplekayc: look again their prez came

Israel was represented by the speaker of the Knesset(the Israeli parliament). How insulting...
Mr Netanyahu cited cost as the reason for not coming, Shimon Peres, the president,cited health reasons.
PS: Netanyahu was at Thatcher's funeral.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by NadiaSA1(f): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
all4naija: Link,please!
check my profile nau the one with 80pages
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
malachy0147: d fall of a great man!
Really a great man has fallen.....
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by busterr(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
busterr: I noticed south africa booed their former president

http://www.punchng.com/news/mandela-funeral-mourners-defy-downpour-jeer-president-zuma/
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by 50calibre(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Obama's speech felt like Spoken Words.

Obama is known for speeches, what actions will he be remembered for? It gets to a certain point where speeches becomes boring.

Obama promised to promote world peace, instead he continued on America's path of aggression, even ramping it up.

Look beyond the speeches, look at actions.

Politicians are hypocrites, some more obvious than the other.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Kairoseki77: LOL.

Racist white people are going crazy on the internet. They keep saying negative things about Nelson Mandela everywhere.

Go to CNN.com and see all the negativity. Or Blaze. Or Stormfront. Or Twitter.

These racists get time.

I am happy Mandela was not just an Africa but a blackman.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Horus(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jcTO4m35qU

Obama Shakes Cuban President Raúl Castro's Hand

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by mamagee3(f): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
I can't watch it!!!

CNn is not showing it

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Congratulation: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Donalð Ge nes]This maverick mad man just show his ugly face, guess who?[/q OBJ
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Btruth: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
A LETTER TO Dr. NELSON MANDELA

Dear Dr. Nelson,

Please when you get to d world beyond, tell Herbert Macaulay that the party he founded has been turned to People Destroying Party.

Tell Obafemi Awolowo that we now pay school fees without going to school.

Help me tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to democracy he built has fallen, only the cracked fence still stands.

Tell Chief Anthony Enaharo that the independent nation he fought for is no more.

Tell Alh. Ahmadu Bello that our judicial system now favors only the rich.

Also tell Baba Fela that Terry G is the new afro beat king.

Tell Muritala Mohammed that we still use kerosene to cook and candles to see.

Tell King Jaja of Opobo that we are still slaves in our own country.

Pls tell Dele Giwa that the Nigerian press has been bought with
money.

... and please don't forget to tell Prof. Iyayi that Federal Govt paid N200 Billion into ASUU account but they have not seen d alert yet=))

=D

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by NadiaSA1(f): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2013

I am happy Mandela was not just an Africa but a blackman.
its a pity u can't come & correct ur statement since u e_dead now..

RIP sha
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jcTO4m35qU

Obama Shakes Cuban President Raúl Castro's Hand

The Madiba Magic still changing the world! Befitting of a world icon. Viva the Spirit of Mandela!

3 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by ofonimeumoh: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
brownlord:

GEJ was the first then followed by OBJ, e be like na both of them follow come, cos after presido na GEJ, i think its time GEJ stop wearing this hat and jalabia, the tin don dey annoy me

wHAT IS WRONG WITH GEJ DRESSING?
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Ogegod87: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

You cant be forming with those curves , they are synonymous with Swahili girl wink.... anyway ur face looks IGBOish tongue

Our very own Godspower has seriously rubbed off on her.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by kilmix: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
ckkris: sweetcheeks & nadia -SA are not posting, when they are expected.

Why?

Black SA don't like Mandela that much.... Cus he didn't avenge the whites. #fact.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by deols(f): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Madiba is an inspiration!! He will forevee be remembered.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by igbsam(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sweetlemon:

My dear!
I just shivered at the mentioning of that "my dear" And here's my reply......Honey!
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by ckkris: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
nagoma:

I wonder why the great man was able to forgive Pick Botha and DeClerk but was not able to forgive Winnie.

who brought up his children while he was in prison and above all kept his struggle alive.

I think she deserves more credit than she is given.

Winnie, you're too much.

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by eblazer(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
It was shocking on hearing the demise of our great hero ,a man that has endangered his life for fighting the course of freedom.it is indeed a great loss not to southAfrica alone but to the entire continent and beyond.however,  Like  it said there is time for everything in life "a time to live and time to die" ,but our very own MADIBA has left us legacies and lessons that should  continually resound in our daily life.
There are 11 lessons (from many) that I would like to share from his legacy which
would help us make a small but positive mark in our society.
Here they are:
1. Determination in fighting for the right thing.
Nelson Mandela’s fought against
apartheid for was a struggle of more than 50
years from 1943 when he joined ANC to 1994
when South Africa became independent and
he became president. Of these years, 27 were
in prison...for more visit ojblazing..com
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by ckkris: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
50calibre:

Obama is known for speeches, what actions will he be remembered for?

Look beyond the speeches, look at actions.

Obama has EARNED his place in history. Give RESPECTS

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by MRWHINNIG: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nice one, but his burial didn't beat that of Pope John Paul II which was attended by leaders from over 200 countries and a world record 4 million people in St. Peter's Square.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by RSA(m): 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
all4naija: Madiba is a God to me!
The only thing I agree with you on.lol!
Mandela for me represent what Jesus represent to the western world or Mahomed to the muslim. .
If religion is about making us the best human we can be, if it talks to our conscious then Madiba is a religion.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
Nice one, but his burial didn't beat that of Pope John Paul II which was attended by leaders from over 200 countries and a world record 4 million people in St. Peter's Square.

Sorry for your disappointment, I am sure SA was not competing. Sorry dear for your disappointment!

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by pri3stess(f): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
Babasessy: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe and his wife Grace Mugabe (centre) arrive in Pretoria ahead of the memorial

http://amazingstoriesaroundtheworld..co.uk/2013/12/the-world-remembers-mandela-global.html
Choi this Mugabe man black no be small o, looking like a corpse.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Kairoseki77: LOL.

Racist white people are going crazy on the internet. They keep saying negative things about Nelson Mandela everywhere.

Go to CNN.com and see all the negativity. Or Blaze. Or Stormfront. Or Twitter.

These racists get time.

The same whites that will go to work tomorrow and smile at their black co workers and talk about how Mandela was a great man, trust whites at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by MRWHINNIG: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
BluIvy:

Sorry for your disappointment, I am sure SA was not competing. Sorry dear for your disappointment!
What is this one saying?
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 11, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
What is this one saying?

Sorry did not realise you dumb and do not write sign language.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by sptbest: 12:25am On Dec 11, 2013
Revealed: S*x Between Female Students and Teachers In Nigerian Universities (Photo)http://myboomba.com/trueorfalse/revealed-sx-between-female-students-and-teachers-in-nigerian-universities-photo
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Xionez(m): 12:38am On Dec 11, 2013
FACT: This is by far the largest turnout of World Leaders at any unofficial event in history at a short notice.
Even UN General meeting can't boast of this numbers. Within 3 days, appointments had been cleared and date set aside on most former and current world leaders

Its the largest turnout by a black, largest by an African and the largest gathering of leaders in Africa.

I'm happy I lived to see this because our present generation can't boast of this. Even in 50 years, going by the caliber of people we have in this World.

Madiba, even in death, you made an feat unequaled by people of your time.

In typical naija sense, "Corpse pass corpse".

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 11, 2013
Nadia_SA1: grin lol mara ngicinisile
It is time to censor South African local languages on Nairaland. I think it makes lot of sense!

This is not about jealousy but it is for convenient purpose only.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by NadiaSA1(f): 5:55am On Dec 11, 2013
all4naija: It is time to censor South African local languages on Nairaland. I think it makes lot of sense!

This is not about jealousy but it is for convenient purpose only.
naaaah man we let u speak ur igbo, yoruba etc we should b able to do the same

Its only fair

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 by smithsammy(m): 6:35am On Dec 11, 2013
experimentist: If GEJ dies today, we will do a very big memorial in his honour. He is Nigeria's Mandela. cry
madiba's reputable stance in the face of the world is evidence in the number of the world leaders gracing his funeral.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.