Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons (10366 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by XLR8(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2013
Hollywood and other countries like china, make animation movies that even beats nollywood movies. Imagine animation movies like adventures of tintin, Ben 10, Avatar, Dante's Inferno, Escape from planet earth etc. Can nollywood ever make cartoons? The thought of it make me grin grin grin
. Imagine a yoruba, igbo or hausa cartoon grin grin grin. This is actually a huge challenge. Hotshots, talented, infallible nigerians 3D designers should wake up but i know you go complain about funds grin grin grin
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
See kweshion.

Fact is they shouldn't bother! Why? Because Nigerians are not animation type of people. I for one can't imagine myself spending my cash to go see a cartoon at the cinema. I'm just not a fan. Other Nigerians think cartoons are for kids. So it's not a good idea for the business aspect.

That's the same reason bollywood doesn't make animations. It just doesn't make sense to make things that you've got no audience for.

7 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by VillageBoi(m): 9:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
^ ^ ^
Hahahahaha, you just cracked me up bigtime.

1 Like

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
VillageBoi: ^ ^ ^
Hahahahaha, you just cracked me up bigtime.

lol...did i? I don talk my own. Instead of coming to hurt our eyes with some shiitty stuffs, they should just leave animations for now! Animations will not be missed. Until that day Nigerians will crave for animations, they can relax body.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by VillageBoi(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
^ ^ ^
You talk true.

I pictured 'child training' in my head. So for 'west' they use cartoons to teach them things like 1,2,3...
Our own na stand over pikin with koboko' "Oya count,now!" and child goes "Waaan, tuuuu, treeeee lol

PS - *Just messing about for the easily offended wink

8 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
VillageBoi: ^ ^ ^
You talk true.

I pictured 'child training' in my head. So for 'west' they use cartoons to teach them things like 1,2,3...
Our own na stand over pikin with koboko' "Oya count,now!" and child goes "Waaan, tuuuu, treeeee lol

PS - *Just messing about for the easily offended wink

lmao @ wan tuuu treeee grin. I don't think that's the kinda animations the op is refering to though. TV stations make those educative animations already. I think he is refering to feature length animation movies and TV series (entertainment)
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by VillageBoi(m): 2:28am On Dec 11, 2013
^ ^ ^
I know, I was just kidding. Made me chuckle.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Enoquin(f): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Maybe not but kiddies also visit the cinema
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by kayslimshady(m): 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Choi!!! This first to comment sef nor dey gree near me. Nawao. angry
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by pcaptain38(f): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
i think they ve already made one before

if u are looking for a cheap spacious hall for your events in abuja
call 07046432546 or visit
http://central-business-district./spacious-hall-for-all-kind-of-social-and-corporate-events-in-the-heart-of-abuja-for-hire-iid-574395829
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by jayAjoku(m): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
..if they were ambitious enough and willing to spend yes they can. If they continue in this trend of mediocrity then nope not in a million years

2 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
Op Nollywood is waiting for you to come up with the idea.

But waitoo, Igodo and Shango will make good animations.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by dwittyc0der(f): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Olugbenger(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
angry angry
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Psychedelia(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
The Nigerian entertainment market is plagued with timidity and ignorance, and that's why an animated feature film would find it impossible to make headway here.
Most people believe animated films are "for kids" here, but in developed societies, animation is not considered a genre, but merely a TECHNIQUE.
A good number of the Japanese anime flicks I've seen are not even suitable for teens, because of the gore and sexxxual content. That's because they approach animation as a style that can be used to entertain all generations.

Our mindset needs to change first.

Caution: Viewer discretion is advised! This animated video below is NOT for kids, and belongs in the "body horror" genre. Some adults might even find it disturbing. View at your own risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojoICRzSCOo
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by dwittyc0der(f): 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by kcjazz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
I think Nollywood lacks the professionalism and attention to details required to make a cartoon. However it can be done .

Papa Ajasco was a popular print cartoon but on TV it became human because of the skills required so yes funding will help. If it successful on print then it could work on TV with the right skills

1 Like

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by IAMBREEZY: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
I don't think so.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by dwittyc0der(f): 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
sad sad sad

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by HoldenCaulfield(m): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
don' t know of nollywood but kannywood are making very nice cartoon videos.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
I do not like to lie, as a diverse country, they can't.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by elvis10ten(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
speedyboi: See kweshion.

Fact is they shouldn't bother! Why? Because Nigerians are not animation type of people. I for one can't imagine myself spending my cash to go see a cartoon at the cinema. I'm just not a fan. Other Nigerians think cartoons are for kids. So it's not a good idea for the business aspect.

That's the same reason bollywood doesn't make animations. It just doesn't make sense to make things that you've got no audience for.
Untill you spend more time in a film shop, you won't know how wrong you are.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
Very soon...

13 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by nekaa(f): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
make I talk true, God know say even if them do I no go watch. E go be like weird "mc ijo ya" video na.. i cant fit mhen.

1 Like

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Emisco1(m): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2013

kia abegi jor.jst xa u dnt ve tv 2 watch carton wn u wer a kid. Am 20yr na. Nd i til watch real animated carton.evn watch tom nd jerry d new episode on satelite. Ma guy, it in d blood.4gt d kid aspect u calling it. Evn if i clock 50yr.wuld til watch it wit ma kidz. #team avatar

2 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: don' t know of nollywood but kannywood are making very nice cartoon videos.
what is kannywood?

2 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by nikkypearl(f): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bado omo Mushin no be cartoon

2 Likes

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Toonfreak(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2013

Guy,u are so wrong! Doing an nollywood animation doesn't necessary mean u have to be like hollywood by copying their style. Am so passionate about animation and me and my friends are working on an animation project based on Nigerian history like independent,civil war etc.

1 Like

Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by bastien: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
At dis ur age u still dey watch cartoon?

Person wey do u never die! But na d person wey go cure u don die

#no offence
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by DICKtator: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
nekaa: make I talk true, God know say even if them do I no go watch. E go be like weird "mc ijo ya" video na.. i cant fit mhen.

and what was/is wrong with weird mc's "ijo ya " video?

What are you tryna say?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
maybe some where in the future.
Re: Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pls let them stick to the horrible movies they are already feeding us, to add animations to it will just kill us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trend Tv Will Move From Intelsat To W4 By16:00 Gmt With 5 / movies that can scare you to death updated 28/6/2017 / Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li. Who Do You Think Will Win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.