Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus (3259 Views)

Cortana Accurately Predicting World Cup 2014 Winners / FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup / Caf Unveil 2014 World Cup Qualifying Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Group A
Brazil
croatia
mexico
cameroon
Teams Qualifying= Brazil &Mexico Group B
spain
netherland
chile
australia
Teams qualifying=Netherland and chile
Group C
Colombia
greece
ivory coast
Greece
Teams Qualifying= Colombia and Greece
Group D
Uruguay
costa rica
england
italy
Teams qualifying=Italy and Uruguay
Group E
switzerland
ecuador
france
honduras
Teams qualifying= switzerland and france
Group F
Agentina
Bosnia
Iran
Nigeria
Teams qualifying= Agentina and Nigeria
Group G
Germany
portugal
Ghana
U.S.A
Teams qualifying=Germany and Portugal
Group H
Belgium
Algeria
Russia
Korea Republic
Teams qualifying=Belgium and Russia
ROUND OF 16 [WINNERS]
Brazil Vs Chile= Brazil
Netherland Vs Mexico= Netherland Colombia Vs Uruguay= Uruguay Italy Vs Greece= Italy
Switzerland Vs Nigeria= Nigeria Agentina Vs France= Agentina Germany Vs Russia=Germany Belgium Vs portugal=Belgium LAST 8
Brazil Vs Netherland (home surport will help them)= Brazil Italy vs Uruguay= Uruguay Agentina Vs Germany( on home soil Agentina will prevail with their attacks)= Agentina
Belgium Vs Nigeria= Nigeria LAST 4
Agentina Vs Nigeria = agentina Brazil Vs Uruguay= Brazil 3RD PLACE
Nigeria Vs Urugauy= Nigeria( with nigeria full squard uruguay doesnt stand a chance) FINAL
Brazil Vs Argentina= Argentina
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by dejt4u(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Coolboi05(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nyc 1..
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by lexyman(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
i like you prediction , but remember that big names does not win football match again !

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by FineBro(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
phrezzz:
Group A
Brazil
Croatia
Mexico
Cameroon

Teams Qualifying= Brazil &Mexico

Group B
Spain
Netherlands
Chile
Australia

Teams qualifying= Netherlands and chile

Group C
Colombia
Greece
Ivory coast
Greece

Teams Qualifying= Colombia and Greece

Group D
Uruguay
Costa rica
England
Italy

Teams qualifying= Italy and Uruguay

Group E
switzerland
ecuador
france
honduras

Teams qualifying= switzerland and france

Group F
Argentina
Bosnia
Iran
Nigeria

Teams qualifying= Argentina and Nigeria

Group G
Germany
portugal
Ghana
U.S.A

Teams qualifying=Germany and Portugal

Group H
Belgium
Algeria
Russia
Korea Republic

Teams qualifying=Belgium and Russia

ROUND OF 16 [WINNERS]

Brazil Vs Chile= Brazil
Netherland Vs Mexico= Netherland
Colombia Vs Uruguay= Uruguay
Italy Vs Greece= Italy
Switzerland Vs Nigeria= Nigeria
Agentina Vs France= Agentina
Germany Vs Russia=Germany
Belgium Vs portugal=Belgium

LAST 8
Brazil Vs Netherland (home surport will help them)= Brazil
Italy vs Uruguay= Uruguay
Agentina Vs Germany( on home soil Agentina will prevail with their attacks)= Agentina
Belgium Vs Nigeria= Nigeria

LAST 4
Argentina Vs Nigeria = Argentina
Brazil Vs Uruguay= Brazil

3RD PLACE
Nigeria Vs Uruguay= Nigeria( with nigeria full squard uruguay doesnt stand a chance)

FINAL
Brazil Vs Argentina= Argentina

I Love your Dream

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
lexyman: i like you prediction , but remember that big names does not win football match again !
sure, but you cant take away agentina chances
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
FineBro:

I Love your Dream
it seems impossible until its done
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by FineBro(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
phrezzz: it seems impossible until its done
So u don't see ivorycoast making it out from their group?
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Jiggaman101: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
lexyman: i like you prediction , but remember that big names does not win football match again !

Say that again. My Ghana will shock all it's doubters. We will make it out of the group of death

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Theben(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
All the African teams(except Algeria) will make it out of the group stage. And as much as I believe Ghana and Cameroon are in tough groups, I still believe they have all it take to qualify from the groups.

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Jiggaman101: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
Theben: All the African teams(except Algeria) will make it out of the group stage. And as much as I believe Ghana and Cameroon are in tough groups, I still believe they have all it take to qualify from the groups.

Amen mr theben, don't count us out before we play our first game. Let your words be a blessing to the five african teams including Algeria

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by ROCKJ1(m): 12:46am On Dec 11, 2013
Interesting prediction... may it be as you have predicted. though i would have preferred Nigeria wins the cup.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2013
FineBro:
So u don't see ivorycoast making it out from their group?
have u seen Japan and greece play? Bet u hav not. The ivory coast has not lived up to expectation ever since their golden generation. Japan drew with netherland their most recent 2-2 beat ghana 3-1. On the other hand greece have really improved since 2010 with new key players. Ivory coast doesnt stand a chance
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Say that again. My Ghana will shock all it's doubters. We will make it out of the group of death
Ghana are a good side no doubt but it took me time to figure out who would qualify from group E. Portugal has been consistent and are no longer a one man team! From set pieces to pace to goals. They are world class! If eventually Ghana comes out from that group only then we might have 2 african teams in the semis.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 9:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Theben: All the African teams(except Algeria) will make it out of the group stage. And as much as I believe Ghana and Cameroon are in tough groups, I still believe they have all it take to qualify from the groups.
hehe cameroon haha never. Brazil and mexico no be beans oo, errr algeria? Nah
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 9:08am On Dec 11, 2013
ROCK-J:
Interesting prediction... may it be as you have predicted. though i would have preferred Nigeria wins the cup.
As much as am Nigeria and i want them to win the world cup, its gonna take extra zeal from the players and keshi. Agentina and brazil are teams who would take their chances
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2013
Ghana have a chance but its just 20% portugal and germany are favourites ghana may end up with no points
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Theben(m): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2013
phrezzz: Ghana have a chance but its just 20% portugal and germany are favourites ghana may end up with no points
No one gave them the chance against Egypt and they surprised the whole world by not only winning, but winning by a very large margin.

I have to admit that Ghana has a very strong squad. But what I hate most about them is their boastful fans who look for any opportunity the spite Nigerians. Even when it is obvious we're African Champion, they don't want to acknowledge that.

Take a good look at the portuguese squad and imagine how the team would fare without Christiano Ronaldo. Portugal without Ronaldo is no better team than Malawi. Even with Ronaldo, they still struggled to qualify.

Ghana on the other hand has a very deep squad especially in the midfield. Their physical play would be a great advantage to them against the less physical portugal.

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 10:31am On Dec 11, 2013
Theben:
No one gave them the chance against Egypt and they surprised the whole world by not only winning, but winning by a very large margin.

I have to admit that Ghana has a very strong squad. But what I hate most about them is their boastful fans who look for any opportunity the spite Nigerians. Even when it is obvious we're African Champion, they don't want to acknowledge that.

Take a good look at the portuguese squad and imagine how the team would fare without Christiano Ronaldo. Portugal without Ronaldo is no better team than Malawi. Even with Ronaldo, they still struggled to qualify.

Ghana on the other hand has a very deep squad especially in the midfield. Their physical play would be a great advantage to them against the less physical portugal.
errm sir the eygpt they placed against was not the eygpt we know. Apparently most of eygpt stars are retired u cant compare the eygpt of 2010 with the one of 2013. Ghana couldnt even beat them in cairo and thanks to some penalties. Portugal on the other hand are now leaving off the presence of Ronaldo. They can boast of strong midfied now with good pace. Micheal essiene isnt in good form this ghana side could not beat boki nafaso, japan and mali who they beat ghana 5-4 on penalties, 3-1 each respectively.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Theben(m): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2013
phrezzz: errm sir the eygpt they placed against was not the eygpt we know. Apparently most of eygpt stars are retired u cant compare the eygpt of 2010 with the one of 2013. Ghana couldnt even beat them in cairo and thanks to some penalties. Portugal on the other hand are now leaving off the presence of Ronaldo. They can boast of strong midfied now with good pace. Micheal essiene isnt in good form this ghana side could not beat boki nafaso, japan and mali who they beat ghana 5-4 on penalties, 3-1 each respectively.
The Egypt they played was the same Egypt we prayed to avoid. And they also happened to be the only team that went to the play-off stage with 18 points from the 2nd qualification stage. They neither drew nor lose any single game before meeting Ghana.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Theben:
The Egypt they played was the same Egypt we prayed to avoid. And they also happened to be the only team that went to the play-off stage with 18 points from the 2nd qualification stage. They neither drew nor lose any single game before meeting Ghana.
u cant compare the teams Nigeria played with Eygpt naa. .
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Jiggaman101: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
Theben:

You do know Nigerians and Ghanaians are the same when it comes to fans. We are both boastful, we both think we are the best and no one comes close. That's why we crash so much.

2 Likes

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by safarigirl(f): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
phrezzz: errm sir the eygpt they placed against was not the eygpt we know. Apparently most of eygpt stars are retired u cant compare the eygpt of 2010 with the one of 2013. Ghana couldnt even beat them in cairo and thanks to some penalties. Portugal on the other hand are now leaving off the presence of Ronaldo. They can boast of strong midfied now with good pace. Micheal essiene isnt in good form this ghana side could not beat boki nafaso, japan and mali who they beat ghana 5-4 on penalties, 3-1 each respectively.
you forget that the team that played those countries didn't have Essien, the Ayew brothers, KP Boateng and Steven Appiah, without those guys, the Ghanaian team can't function. There's a chance Ghana could progress from their group, but let's wait till the first games before we make conclusions
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
safarigirl: you forget that the team that played those countries didn't have Essien, the Ayew brothers, KP Boateng and Steven Appiah, without those guys, the Ghanaian team can't function. There's a chance Ghana could progress from their group, but let's wait till the first games before we make conclusions
does essien still have anything to offer? Same with ayew
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by safarigirl(f): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
phrezzz: does essien still have anything to offer? Same with ayew
well compared to the clowns that were at AFCON, I suppose they do have a lot to offer
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by bizibrain(m): 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
phrezzz: have u seen Japan and greece play? Bet u hav not. The ivory coast has not lived up to expectation ever since their golden generation. Japan drew with netherland their most recent 2-2 beat ghana 3-1. On the other hand greece have really improved since 2010 with new key players. Ivory coast doesnt stand a chance
I couldnt agree more, I av no trust in ivory coast after dere clash wit Nigeria during afcon 2013.

Ivory coast Elephant is made of old fast fading VETERANS living on past old glory(except some outstanding few).

21 years old omeruo makes 34+ old didier drogba look like an old inexperience F00L several times in d 18yard box.

Dey(super eagle defenders) even show dere class by passing and dribbling great didier drogba and his 4ward crew in d very deep center and left back.

Ivory coast av notin much 2 offer in 2014 world cup, I just hope dey spring up a little surprise.

The only goal dey scored against Nigeria was through a corner kick set pieces header.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
safarigirl: well compared to the clowns that were at AFCON, I suppose they do have a lot to offer
i doubt. We keep our fingers crossed as every year draws every players retirement and fatigue begins to step in.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by phrezzz: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
bizibrain: I couldnt agree more, I av no trust in ivory coast after dere clash wit Nigeria during afcon 2013.

Ivory coast Elephant is made of old fast fading VETERANS living on past old glory(except some outstanding few).

21 years old omeruo makes 34+ old didier drogba look like an old inexperience F00L several times in d 18yard box.

Dey(super eagle defenders) even show dere class by passing and dribbling great didier drogba and his 4ward crew in d very deep center and left back.

Ivory coast av notin much 2 offer in 2014 world cup, I just hope dey spring up a little surprise.

The only goal dey scored against Nigeria was through a corner kick set pieces header.
colombia are a very physical side and boast of good players. Whereas ivory coast is a one man team take out Drogba and yaya toure. They are gone!
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by safarigirl(f): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
What about Gervinho and Kalou? The main problem with Ivory Coast is age, the team's average age is about 28, as opposed to the 24 that is the Super Eagles for instance, men that old just don't have it in them anymore. Like Essien, if he goes to the WC, he'll be playing the role Kanu played for us in 2010, just support
phrezzz: colombia are a very physical side and boast of good players. Whereas ivory coast is a one man team take out Drogba and yaya toure. They are gone!
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by GHKWAME1: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
phrezzz: errm sir the eygpt they placed against was not the eygpt we know. Apparently most of eygpt stars are retired u cant compare the eygpt of 2010 with the one of 2013. Ghana couldnt even beat them in cairo and thanks to some penalties.
Keep beign a delusional liar, You knew the Egypt of yesterday is not the Egypt of today, but you were convinced Egypt would edge out Ghana when the draw was made.... I guess the penalties you are referring to were the ones both Egypt and Ghana had in kumasi, indeed that was how Egypt got their only goal from a seven nile thrashing(the rest of the goals aside from Ghana's one penalty goal were earned through open play)...

phrezzz:
u cant compare the teams Nigeria
played with Eygpt naa. .

Of course! Ethiopia is no where near Egypt! I must admit, mother luck has shined on nigeria, because prior to the Afcon, comments on the super eagles were always fun to read.

1 Like

Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Jiggaman101: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
safarigirl: you forget that the team that played those countries didn't have Essien, the Ayew brothers, KP Boateng and Steven Appiah, without those guys, the Ghanaian team can't function. There's a chance Ghana could progress from their group, but let's wait till the first games before we make conclusions

Now u are talking, I agree with this 100%. The first game will determine everything, if Ghana ties to loose to USA then we should start packing our bags. In fact both Nigeria and Ghana first game will determine if they make it out or not.

All sentiments aside, I know I have given Nigerians fan sh!!t but there is no way Nigeria shouldn't come out of this group. They must send a strong message in their first game.
Re: Predicting 2014 World Cup Outcome! Am The Next Octopus by Snoggy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
LMAO! This one na Messi fan. gringrin

Argentina will make it with which attack? By your predictions, Argentina will face the best counter-attacking team in the world (Germany) ...they are dead!

So you don't see Spain qualifying for last 16? gringrin LOL

You're so wrong!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fans Of Nigerian Football Clubs? / Bet9ja Mobile App: How To Download Bet9ja Mobile App / On Keshi And His Biafran Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.