Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas (1081 Views)

The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
*applies to some christians

1) Bending the law;
Every year, we see many christians putting nativity scenes and christian decorations on government buildings/lands. That is a violation of the principle of separation of church and state- the govt cant endorse any religion over others. This very situation is causing some christmas friction as groups of atheists and humanists in the USA keep suing and protesting against such displays because they are actually breaking the laws of the land.

2) Shopping hypocrisy
Almost everyone does christmas shopping for the holidays. The only problem is that christians do not have the freedom that atheists have in this issue. You see, Christmas is supposed to be the birthday of Jesus Christ. Christmas should be a time to reflect on who Christ was and celebrate his message to the world. Unfortunately, Jesus was not a material person. He did focus on the vanity of life but on the message of God and love. Now, blowing out the money in your bank account to buy the best christmas dresses and decorations is clearly not what Jesus would have wanted. Jesus was born in a humble manger and he preached about leaving the material world for the work of God.....on that note, accepting Jesus as your saviour does not correlate with massive bouts of shopping mania......

3) Idolatory + Paganism
Erm....tell me, did the apostles pray before a nativity scene after Jesus died? Did Jesus have a christmas tree? That's some hypocrisy there isnt it? Christians that do this are either going against the bible or adding non-scriptural practices to the religion. Santa claus has pagan roots.
So, christians arent free to do some of these things that are usually done.

disagree/agree?

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
An atheist claiming to be a better Christian than Christians. The irony. grin grin grin

I dunno whether to cry or laugh for/at you. embarassed sad
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix619: An atheist claiming to be a better Christian than Christians. The irony. grin grin grin

You should cry.....for your ignorance cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by plaetton: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix619: An atheist claiming to be a better Christian than Christians. The irony. grin grin grin

Yes, atheists make better christians.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

You should cry.....for your ignorance cheesy
Lol

How was the birth of Christ celebrated in the bible?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaetton:

Yes, atheists make better christians.

How?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix619:
Lol

How was the birth of Christ celebrated in the bible?

without christmas trees, father christmas or red decorations
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by larrymoore(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Op I ve a dream that soon, before the end of ur time u shall run a church where I see u correcting most of the borrowed pagan doctrine in christianity, I ve a dream that u are going to be a die hard christian, I ve a dream, my batr is low....
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by mumumugu(m): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
I had a dream the poster above me is suffering from mumumuguantis syndrom caused be excessive dreaming under influence of crate of harp

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
You want to be identified with a God who you dont believe exists? Awww.. I'm actually smiling.
My only prayer for you is that you get saved and then you won't need to famz.. He (God) will be all yours! Take care.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Emusan(m): 8:20am On Dec 11, 2013
Lb pls help us reach out to other Atheist probably world wide that we need more public holiday. You gat my point wink
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Emusan: Lb pls help us reach out to other Atheist probably world wide that we need more public holiday. You gat my point wink

huh?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by kambo(m): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2013
Has it occured to u tht some of spendg cud be for gifts to others?
Or did Jesus condemn giving also?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 11, 2013
kambo: Has it occured to u tht some of spendg cud be for gifts to others?
Or did Jesus condemn giving also?

*some*

Not "most"
Not "all"
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Gombs(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2013
maybe you should coin an atheist holiday to celebrate the Big Bang or Evolution... grin

my point is that you should stop seeing Christianity as the opposite of Atheism. cool
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Gombs: maybe you should coin an atheist holiday to celebrate the Big Bang or Evolution... grin

my point is that you should stop seeing Christianity as the opposite of Atheism.
cool

When did I say that they are opposites?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Gombs(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

When did I say that they are opposites?

Read my post well, I said STOP SEEING not STOP SAYING

grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
Gombs:

Read my post well, I said STOP SEEING not STOP SAYING

grin

I dont see it as such...but maybe you're a mind reader.......
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
JustifiedChild: You want to be identified with a God who you dont believe exists? Awww.. I'm actually smiling.
My only prayer for you is that you get saved and then you won't need to famz.. He (God) will be all yours! Take care.

lol.......preach on
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Gombs(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont see it as such...but maybe you're a mind reader.......

Nah, when it comes to atheism, I tend to become a pessimist.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Gombs:

Nah, when it comes to atheism, I tend to become a pessimist.

Isnt that biaseD?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Joshthefirst(m): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pathetic nonsense.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: Pathetic nonsense.

smh.....

why is it nonsense?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas by POPEII: 11:05am On Dec 12, 2013
Come out of the closet bro

(1) (Reply)

Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? / .. / Chris Oyakhilome Suspends Female Pastor For Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.