Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer (16109 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike: NSCDC Begins 7-day Fasting, Prayers / ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by infonubia(m): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Following several failed attempt at resolving the on-going strike, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) decided to go spiritual on Tuesday by declaring a three day fasting and prayer as they seek divine intervention to resolve the dispute between the union and the Nigerian government.

Here's how The Nation reports the new development:

The decision to embark on spiritual intervention came during the union congress held at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.

The congress which was presided over by the Chairman of University of Ibadan (UI) chapter of ASUU, Dr. Olusegun Ajiboye, stressed the need for God to help Nigerian leaders to do the needful and document the resolutions of their meeting with the President.

The congress which expressed optimism that the strike will end soon listed three prayer points to include: “the need for God to touch the heart of the Federal government to be committed towards funding public education and develop the nation.

They also asked God to protect the leadership of ASUU as they travel and that the purpose of the strike is actualized by placing universities in the league of world class institutions.”

Speaking after the congress, Dr. Ajiboye said the union does not need newspaper confirmation from the president that N200billion has been deposited with the Central Bank of Nigeria.

He said it was impossible for anybody who has not opened an account with a bank to request the bank for a balance.

While urging the federal government to be serious about the future of the country, the don accused the government of “still keeping the students at home.”

He said the union has the machinery to suspend the strike within 24 hours once the grey areas in the resolutions have been sorted out by the federal government.

This is an unfortunate situation. The strike, which began on July 1, is yet to be resolved and students are delayed unnecessarily. Unfortunately, the Nigerian job market is very age-conscious; if you are not within a certain age bracket, chances of getting an entry-level job after graduation is slim.

Let's hope both parties resolve their differences sooner than later.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/strike-ASUU-goes-spiritual-declares-3.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Olastep(m): 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
Fast and Pray?

Who cares?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by OriginalJ: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
Another strategy by ASUU to seek public sympathy...y dem no FAST n PRAY before embarking on the strike? Now they r suddenly solliciting for God's intervention abi.

Now make we reason this issue together, I ask you for money, U tell my children say you don pay am to my account, no be me go check my account to confirm?
ASUU should relax their muscles and do the needful, cos FG is nt only concerned with the education sector...so let em confirm the money demselves.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by psucc(m): 7:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
I think this people are just joking with this God. Hypocrites as they are.
Please tell them that they must forgive the FG before God will forgive them and probably hear them.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by infonubia(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
Olastep: Fast and Pray?

Who cares?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by xtophy(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
HUNGER STRIKE... THE LORD HAS TURNED HIS BACK ON THE UNION AND FG... FOR GOD SAKE, A SEMESTER AND SOME MONTHS STILL COUNTING...ALL IN THE NAME OF FIGHTING FOR STUDENTS>>>>THATS PURE AND APPLIED WICKEDNESS>>>> AND WE HEARD THAT FAGGAE'S CHILDREN ARE SCHOOLING IN MALAYSIA>>>> THIS IS NOT A CURSE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT GOD WILL SURELY WASTE THEIR TIME TOOOO

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by infonubia(m): 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
xtophy: HUNGER STRIKE... THE LORD HAS TURNED HIS BACK ON THE UNION AND FG... FOR GOD SAKE, A SEMESTER AND SOME MONTHS STILL COUNTING...ALL IN THE NAME OF FIGHTING FOR STUDENTS>>>>THATS PURE AND APPLIED WICKEDNESS>>>> AND WE HEARD THAT FAGGAE'S CHILDREN ARE SCHOOLING IN MALAYSIA>>>> THIS IS NOT A CURSE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT GOD WILL SURELY WASTE THEIR TIME TOOOO

Lol
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by infonubia(m): 1:53am On Dec 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by pinkybeny(f): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
who cares,very confused people!
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by slap1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
hahahahahaahahahahahahahaha
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
Picture or it didnt happen undecided
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by ebucha: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
They will just wake up at mid-semester and go on strike regardless of the impacts on students. They are simply looking for money for Xmas. The only looser at the end of the day will be the students, I therefore urge students to equally fast and pray that ASUU spend the yuletide cash-strapped and the FG in disgrace.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by fabulousdame(f): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
okay. wats d prayer point? for God to punish ASUU en fg?
nonsense
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by chelseabmw(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
[b]lolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.............ASUU is a joke[/b]

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Sexbadoo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
they just remembered God now abi? Smh
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by pesty100(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
oskido pass me the beat
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by PezzoNovante(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Wonders shall never end shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Heaven helps those who help themselves. U r fasting n praying for God to touch d heart of FG, y wouldnt u guys change ur heart too? Or do FG need to embark on their own 3 days fasting n praying too? What is good for d goose.....
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by pesty100(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
for the seek of mandela ASUU should please call off na

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by MamaKs: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
ASUU pls leave God out of this. If you have an issue with the FG then settle it with the FG. angry
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by kingarizona(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Wonders shall never end
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by gen2briz(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fasting and prayer again....... Double wahala for students

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Sard(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
...and these people are meant to be scholars? They are going spiritual on an issue they can solve by merely discussing and shifting ground in some aspects. Well, this has always being one of Nigerians' major problems, i.e going spiritual on every issue.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Rejoice5000(f): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
ok ooh
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by ifyalways(f): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hehehehe.

There was a country. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by busterr(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Reminds me of when a pretty minister said plane crash is an act of God, that's the situation here, whenever they want to play on our intelligence they involve God and funny enough, they succeed in doing so why? Because majority of Nigerians are God freaks they leave the little things God gave them power and intelligence to solve in the hands of God.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by pesty100(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
jona is a coward

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by gr8eminent(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
So finally it has gone spiritual. *yawns*

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by Jelo4kul(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
I hope this is a joke. Its nw spiritual abi? So that they can elongate the strike and huzzle for xmas abi.
Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by AAlozie(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Religion has always been the problem of Nigeria. My prayer point is; "Baba God, as ASUU and FG don waste my time so, make You give them back in a hundred folds"

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer by talk2dayland: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Na them sabi anything dey like dey should do.but @op it was wrong for u to av said “ASUU went on fasting and prayer” when its nt d general ASUU but a part of them.pls take note

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oau Post Ume Form Is Out! / Degree Admission Ongoing at Federal College Of Education, Umunze / 2 Autopsies Show That Sylvester Oromoni Died A Natural Death - DPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.