Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! (20991 Views)

Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich / Instantgold.ng Please Pay Me My Money / Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by chairman: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
LizzyAnn: Some people re just funny wat happened to the pay on delivery option As for me I think there is a mixup somewhere I ve ordered a lot of items from jumia nd konga nd I ve received them through the pay on delivery option.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
It was bound to happen. Even using the ATM in Nigeria requires prayer so they don't debit your account without you seeing the money. Former intercontinental bank showed me pepper.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by ifeanyi83(m): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Simply sue them....
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by khattab02: 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Otunba.b:
Na wah o.. Even online shopping too dey chop our money.. grin
HAha..lol
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by otokx(m): 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
SheWhore: It was bound to happen. Even using the ATM in Nigeria requires prayer so they don't debit your account without you seeing the money. Former intercontinental bank showed me pepper.

our problem is poor infrastructure.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by dammmy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
rozayx5: online shopping

when offline shops never see customer grin grin
Abi ooo
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Joel3(m): 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
[mod] I hijacked this thread and got banned. what is the trend all about, what nonsense is this guys saying. bullshit
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by heykims(m): 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
my concern abt online transactions is dt what if they don't get d address given to dem for d delivery or wat if they get d address nd one isn't home. what happens coz some home addresses ain't straight forward?
Do they inform d orderer d very day they wud be delivering d product?
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by valencia25(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by GentleFrank(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia is a reputable online shop !
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by heykims(m): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
SheWhore: It was bound to happen. Even using the ATM in Nigeria requires prayer so they don't debit your account without you seeing the money. Former intercontinental bank showed me pepper.
imagine I pressed 30k for ATM, d thing dispensed 29 nd I received a text dt 30k was withdrawn. I complained to d manager, him dey tell me say I dey lie.
I actually had witnesses nd it was the bank security men, two of them but d guys were afraid to stand as witnesses for me before their manager.
d 1k no pain me though, but at least I av d right to claim my money even if na 5naira.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by valencia25(m): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pergrace: Pls,its good to choose "payment on delivery".. I did placed some orders from both Jumia & Konga for 11 days now.I am yet to receive them. cry cry cry
Your order must have been cancelled...
Check mine here https://www.nairaland.com/1550552/konga-cancelled-order-10days-after
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
If what am buying aint on amazon then i aint buying. No time for stories
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by khattab02: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia hope u have heard ko? Kindly find way to solve this oo and as fast as possible.. else, reputation and credibility is at stake.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by boboLIL(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
chai, xo muqu stil dae 4 naija? Nawa oh ,even 4 tix hawt xmas period... Oboy u fal hand biq tym oh
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by dckng16(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
I sense demarketing strategies here, some competitors are here to discredit jumia.

This is their contact to lodge any complaint and stop all this negative comments

15, Wole Olateju Crescent Lekki phase 1. Lagos
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by adeyemik: 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
The online shops or merchants in Nigeria still have a very long way to go, the most unfortunate reality is that they don't know the way. Copy copy no go kill us for the country. It is either there are cheating their online buyers by not delivering the goods or making refunds for paid but not delivered good(s) or not collecting money for good(s) or item delivered.

I did a smartphone purchase on KONGA, with a pay on delivery option. The phone was delivered to my house via DHL, the DHL delivery man did not ask for money, I signed off on the package and he went away. I called the online shop immediately, tell them that I have taken delivery of my order but surprisingly the delivery man did not ask me for money; the lady I asked for the order number and she confirmed that the order was a valid transaction. I gave her my email address and told her to give me the their account number and a payment reference code to the address. I requested for the payment reference code, so that there can be a trail of the payment to my order reference number in order to avoid future 'I don pay, you neva pay' troubles. She said no wahala, that I should be expecting the mail for her ASAP, and thanking me for the informing them of the none payment.

After some couple of hours, I got an email from the lady, to my amazement angry the email contained only their bank account numbers with various banks, no payment reference code requested for, no mentioning of my order reference number neither was there any reference made to our discussion. Its being four months and over, Konga is yet to contact me asking for payment. The money for the order is waiting for them to collect, I'll wait patiently for them to ask grin.

If they fail to on the dot of six month, I will don't the money to charity cool cool to free my conscience.

2 Likes

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
Promhize:

You pay on ebay from Nigeria? When did dat one start

Hell no!

I wont even consider that. I do it when Im abroad.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by hersweetness(f): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia are thieves!! Infact, evil spirits. Even their 'pay on delivery' is bullshit. Bought a samsung fone sinz october, paid on delivery n latter discovered it had a sound problem. Dey came n took bk dia spoilt good n sinz den dey v not gvn me anoda or evn a refund. Like i said b4, Jumia r thieves and God will punish dem till dey fold!!! Do not patronize jumia!!!
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
adeyemik: The online shops or merchants in Nigeria still have a very long way to go, the most unfortunate reality is that they don't know the way. Copy copy no go kill us for the country. It is either there are cheating their online buyers by not delivering the goods or making refunds for paid but not delivered good(s) or defrauding itself.

I did a smartphone purchase on one of the so called KONGA, with a pay on delivery option. The phone was delivered to my house via DHL, the DHL delivery man did not ask for money, I signed off on the package and he went away. I called the online shop immediately, tell them that I have taken delivery of my order but surprisingly the delivery man did not ask me for money; the lady I asked for the order number and she confirmed that the order was a valid transaction. I gave her my email address and told her to give me the their account number and a payment reference code to the address. I requested for the payment reference code, so that there can be a trail of the payment to my order reference number in order to avoid future 'I don pay, you neva pay' troubles. She said no wahala, that I should be expecting the mail for her ASAP, and thanking me for the informing them of the none payment.

After some couple of hours, I got an email from the lady, to my amazement angry the email contained only their bank account numbers with various banks, no payment reference code requested for, no mentioning of my order reference number neither was there any reference made to our discussion. Its being four months and over, Konga is yet to contact me asking for payment. The money for the order is waiting for them to collect, I'll wait patiently for them to ask grin.

If they fail to on the dot of six month, I will don't the money to charity cool cool to free my conscience.

you are an honest man. We need more of you.

The Gods Bless you Sir.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Ogetogeo(m): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Rexphobia: ermmm.

I believe you used a Naira Mastercard or Visa card.

it may interest you to know that refunds may actually take between 3-15 days before your account is credited after the merchant has sent a refund notification to the switching company/card issuer/bank.

Thank you.

Very true.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by badesco(m): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
I doubt if naija is ripe for online shopping because you can never rule out naija factor in their dealings. Go to their office on ikorodu road, lagos
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by vanguard1(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Guy you fit dash them the money nah...just joking.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by manjiggy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
dckng16: I sense demarketing strategies here, some competitors are here to discredit jumia.

This is their contact to lodge any complaint and stop all this negative comments

15, Wole Olateju Crescent Lekki phase 1. Lagos

You expect someone who has a complaint and he/she is in Iheala to come all the way to Lekki?
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Rexphobia(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
adeyemik: The online shops or merchants in Nigeria still have a very long way to go, the most unfortunate reality is that they don't know the way. Copy copy no go kill us for the country. It is either there are cheating their online buyers by not delivering the goods or making refunds for paid but not delivered good(s) or not collecting money for good(s) or item delivered.

I did a smartphone purchase on KONGA, with a pay on delivery option. The phone was delivered to my house via DHL, the DHL delivery man did not ask for money, I signed off on the package and he went away. I called the online shop immediately, tell them that I have taken delivery of my order but surprisingly the delivery man did not ask me for money; the lady I asked for the order number and she confirmed that the order was a valid transaction. I gave her my email address and told her to give me the their account number and a payment reference code to the address. I requested for the payment reference code, so that there can be a trail of the payment to my order reference number in order to avoid future 'I don pay, you neva pay' troubles. She said no wahala, that I should be expecting the mail for her ASAP, and thanking me for the informing them of the none payment.

But can one judge Online biz in Nigeria by a single act, nay...pockets of flops.

Most things in Nigeria are far from perfection; power, education, leaders, the people etc, Online business is not an exception.

I know they flopped on that....Their delivery system, accounting system and inventory management is obviously messed up. But we can't just assume.

I still have dispense errors when trying to make ATM withdrawals and some transactions are unresolved but i won't say banks are into shady biz.

Brodaly, the day a good audit will look at their books, you may receive a call from them.... It may even be 10 years from now....
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by norahs: 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Next time bro, use pay on delivery. It's the in thing wt online stores. U pay when they deliver your good. Konga n i think Jumai does it.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by andymofia(m): 6:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
heykims:
imagine I pressed 30k for ATM, d thing dispensed 29 nd I received a text dt 30k was withdrawn. I complained to d manager, him dey tell me say I dey lie.
I actually had witnesses nd it was the bank security men, two of them but d guys were afraid to stand as witnesses for me before their manager.
d 1k no pain me though, but at least I av d right to claim my money even if na 5naira.

so you were expecting the manager to pay you the balance? Guy, you are a learner
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
all this online things na problem for 9ja, most of them dey forkup and all this online betting when u pay into there acc no wahala but when u win a bet and u want to withdraw ur money na then u go no say na one chance u dey
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by dozai: 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Justosaus: i think u should lay ur complaints at their head office in lagos...all these online traders self, once they get ur money na only God go save u for their hand
think i'll stick to my physical transactions for now, till we have credible online stores in naija...

My bro, i always use pay on delivery option. Have been buying from them. But na wey my goods, take ur money
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Mz9ike: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia is very Ok to use, usin dere payment on delivery option especially. I placed an order wit den last month,one of d items was cancelled n I was notified. I got d oda items n paid after getting dem. I advice u to b paitent and give dem time, d prob might nt b from dem.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Drphemmy4u: 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
bought an android tab from them for 38k in may.its 2gb inbuilt memory instead of 8gb as advertised on dia site.also came wt a cheap broken earpiece .learnt d pay on delivery is for Lagos addresses only.they wl refund ur money,but I think d option of choosing another available product of same worth is faster.(they dnt stock some items,they look for it after u order)
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by yjoseph(m): 3:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Konga is better because u pay wen dey deliver...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Invest In Quarry Business In Nigeria / The Number One Cause Of Business Failure And How To Avoid It / Is Aliko Dangote Really A Self-Made Billionaire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.