Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (26733 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by cadanre(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
It depens on the tradition. In my place, once you got pregnant before marriage.... a real trouble don start for u ooooooo!
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by topsco(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
iroza: Mine started with u fit marry me !
see that phrase....you fit marry me. Chai! No respect at all.
....and wetin come b ur response?
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by mrperfect(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
Either way, get married.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
iroza: Mine started with u fit marry me !

r u not beautiful? Why the statement?
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by guttentag(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
The fact is Most men has married and train a non Biological child because of fear, I pray not to be a victim of such circumstance
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Beync(f): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
U mean

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by DazzlingAngel: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mine started with i want 2 take our frndshp 2 anoda level, so wen can i see ur parent, u re my wife, nd i will nt let u go 4 any reason.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Alenkakent(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
We were dating and she was my only girl so when I no see myperiod happen, we just concluded to have the baby and do our wedding when we're ready... So we did introduction and Nikkah...
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by nanalady(f): 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nadia_SA1: lipsrsealed
I know your own
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Acidosis(m): 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
Beync: U mean
grin grin grin grin grin grin

longest time btw sad
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by tunapius(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
anywishway sha, all i knw is, persn wey i no lik no fit get belle 4 me undecided
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nnekacherry: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lol.. Very funny thread..
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Idi Amin: And who the he ll brought this non sense to front page

NONSENSE IT IS
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Well am not yet engaged or married bt I will love it be,,,on his knees ,,,,,baby plss will u marry me,,,,,
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by ademipeju(f): 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmm nice question
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
claireshan: Well am not yet engaged or married bt I will love it be,,,on his knees ,,,,,baby plss will u marry me,,,,,

i am on my knees ,baby please will u marry me?
Lol
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by GotNoSwaggg: 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
There's always divorce if it doesn't work out.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by explorer001(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
tunapius: anywishway sha, all i knw is, persn wey i no lik no fit get belle 4 me undecided

NO fvck person wey you no like if not...she go tell you say she get belle after 6 months wey u don turn papa pikin finish.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nakairogold(f): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Baby, I want Ɣǒǖ to be d mother of our kids.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
Idi Amin: And who the he ll brought this non sense to front page
if u ask am na who him go ask?
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by axhead(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Baby I want you to be my wife and I will be committed to you come what may.we are married for 3 months now though it ws by Gods grace,fear of our family,God and church that helped us that she wasn't pregnant before wedding.we are expecting our first child already.I thank God everyday for giving me the bone of my bone.I love my wife grin

2 Likes

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by adorable29(f): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Abel202: [b]Very funny post indeed.
Mine was exactly "Honey I went to the hospital and the Dr confirmed am 3 months gone".
Before I got this news, she made sure I was out of the country on a trip that would take me a minimum of 3 months before coming back. So when I replied "pls honey, you know I love you and we have plans to settle down, but I have some projects at hand. Let me complete it as we planned then we get married. So inform the Dr to abort it".
Her reply was, "I can not do that again, I vowed to God that I will never do that again if it entered again". I was like - "but you should have informed me when you made such a serious vow".
Well fast forward it, 4 months later I was married. 2 months later we got our first baby.
Now 7 years later am the happiest married man on earth with three lovely kids.
Now I wish my wifey had even been more assertive even 3 or more years earlier than that.
Problem is that most Nigerian guys fear marriage. We want to get all the money, build some house, put everything in order before getting married. If our girls don't hep us with the push, we might keep postponing marriage till 40 years and above.
Although I still miss the fact that I never got the opportunity to ask " Will you marry me", I am very happy that I was slightly pushed into the marriage earlier than I would have done if left alone. Because after the marriage, the projects still got completed and the kids are growing and giving me so much joy. But bottom line is that the lady in question was the love of my life and I had already concluded I would marry her but only when I was ready.[/b]

Interesting! But come to think of it, if they ( I use "they" cos its both of them that had sex, and its the man that didn't use a condom) got pregnant and the man doesn't want to marry the woman, will she kill him? NO! I say that cos cases abound where they don't marry!!! Unless the man has no mind of his own, no man should be forced to marry cos he had SEX with his girlfriend and got her pregnant! Unless of course he saw a life partner in her in her and thus joyfully marries her. Do you know some men purposely insist on pregnancy b4 marriage (cos of fear of d woman not being fertile or both their fertility system not being synchronized). I don't advocate that though.

Anyway I put sex in caps for emphasis above cos, some of us want to mock pple who marry with pregnancy as if we have never had sex before marriage or even KILLED our own babies! So I ask, who is worse? Such hypocrisy I must say.

Anyhow wey my own be, so long he is the ONE I LOVE! It doesn't matter if a lil angelic baby makes us tie the knot faster than we planned!

SAY NO TO ABORTION!
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by pcaptain38(f): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
for your marriage reception hall

if u are looking for a cheap spacious hall for your events in abuja
call 07046432546 or visit
http://central-business-district./spacious-hall-for-all-kind-of-social-and-corporate-events-in-the-heart-of-abuja-for-hire-iid-574395829
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by oluomad(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
Anyone, all wey be koko na shey dem don marry ni ... Chuo
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Ramatspa(f): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yes !
I am pregnant
Body polishing+Detox Body Wrap+Massage,was N19k now N11k only at Organique SPA, Ikeja GRA & Gbagada.
Call or WhatAPP 08099517769 BB pin 29F820E2
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by RisenSun(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Both
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by starpon: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
explorer001: I notice most marriages these days are triggered by the fact that the bride is pregnant, hence the need to plan an urgent wedding. I really don't have anything against it. But some people seem to frown at such practice. What are your views?

C question abeg
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Saraha1(f): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
This topic na die!!!!
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by iroza(f): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
topsco:
see that phrase....you fit marry me. Chai! No respect at all.
....and wetin come b ur response?
my response was if u change ur ways for better, I will marry u. And we will live happily ever after. So he did and I watch him for a while and married him. Mind u his offence is that he has many girls around him. And I was not one of his girl friends then. So there is nothing like respect there. I just told u how mine srarted, it is not for ur comment.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by iroza(f): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
segzy14:

r u not beautiful? Why the statement?
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. So what ever statement is for me to feel offended no for u.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
Belle was never ever something I was gonna be trapped into. Any girl I fvcked without a condom, i always made her think that I was irresponsible and made her know that if she carry belle, she is OYO. grin

So i started my with "will you marry me" and it was like 11months after that the belle show.

Only a mugu will be trapped with belle. cry
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by frankkky: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
truth be said,thats what happened in my case,my girlfriend then got pregrant and i come from this family that a child out of wedlock was seriously frowned upon,to cut long story,we organised a fast wedding,today we have two kids.i cant say its been all bliss but my wife has shown me so much love and care that i dont really regret it today but i wouldnt advise anyone to marry anyone just because of pregrancy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Is So Attached To His Mother / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? / Child Abuse And Street Hawking In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.