Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! (29402 Views)

Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria / My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? / Why Toyota Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by STOIC123: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please,am about to take delivery of my first toyota camry 1999,aka tiny light!
Alas,over the weekend I was at the car was where same car was stolen at gun point.
Since then I have interviewed over 20 people more than 18 confirmed that the car is easily stolen,from car parks,gun point...etc
Infact a mechanic told me they have stopped test driving the car in the absence of the owner after six cars was stolen in their workshop!
Please,why is this car the most wanted by the men of the underworld!
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by igahdavid(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
1. I think it can be easily opened by other keys. I have not seen any, but I believe there are master keys that can open that model of camry's.

2. The market for the spare parts are high and some of them are broken into spare parts for easy resale

3. There is a big demand for that car and its easily and quickly resold after its stolen unlike most cars that will take time before they are sold.

A police officer once told me that the underground market value of that car is N150,000.

My advice to any one that wants to buy this car or any car at all is to install good and reliable car tracking and anti-theft device in them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by obo389(m): 7:10am On Dec 11, 2013
Cos d engines are mostly used for speed boats transporting system in dis part of 9ja.

3 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by florencejoyB: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2013
I agree. That's one of the reason why cars are stolen.
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by JUO(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
high demand
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by aieromon(m): 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
obo389: Cos d engines are mostly used for speed boats transporting system in dis part of 9ja.

So I heard,speedboats involved in illegal oil bunkering.
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by paulmarkino: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2013
The real fact is Camry is almost every one idle car. The need/demand is very high due to the cheap to maintain stuffs.
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by Koolwilly(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2013
OKay!! Point noted...

1 Like

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by LagosBoi2(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2013
How about my okere? my babyboy?

1 Like

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by ITbomb(m): 10:45am On Dec 14, 2013
That car is the best thing to happen to Nigeria automotive industry after 504 Peugeout

5 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by bigx(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2013
its easily sold
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by deeptesting(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Quite durable,rugged and has a resalable value...Sold mine at a good price after using it for 4yrs.

1 Like

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by Andrew3(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2013
angryI hate that car. angryI hate that car.

5 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by Amadioha123(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2013
It replaced the popular strong Benz 190. A good car any day.

1 Like

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by papannamdi1(m): 10:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Op comu to my spare-parts boitique in alaba, letu me show you why.

3 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by kunlesehan(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2013
interesting topic op
pictures please?
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by abdul4new(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2013
am planning to get one

2 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by nonybright(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2013
High demand, shocked
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by datmix(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Don't bother buying it... Mine was stolen at gun point
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by crisycent: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2013
paulmarkino: The real fact is Camry is almost every one idle car. The need/demand is very high due to the cheap to maintain stuffs.

Na wah o. You for just speak pidgin English now.

9 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2013
igahdavid: 1........ install good and reliable car tracking and anti-theft device in them.

Install anti wertin? Make i hear... grin grin

Great points though...
Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by 3ace(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2013
OP, you could use yours without being stolen. I use to let this affect my sense of judgments until I started seeing people who still use theirs for a long time. I understand it is painful to loose a car you probably bought with your savings but you still won't like to be unhappy as a result of buying a car you don't like simply because it is less stolen. They can't steal all the tiny light in Nigeria; just pray and always hope yours won't be among them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by Afolabs101: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2013
@topic, toyotas are the most sought after car for thieves because they are the most sought after car by Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by Eyop: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2013
Bro forget about that car because my very close friend's own was stolen at gunpoint at Mafoluku. When he narrated the ordeal to me,he swore never to buy any Toyota vehicle again. The same armed robbers that robbed him also snatched 2 Toyota Corolla,1 Camry(his own which was over a year old),1 Toyota Highlander and 1 Toyota Rav4. His own was the worst because he lied to them that there's no security installed in the vehicle thinking they will just kick him out of the car but he never knew they will drive it with him but after like 30mins of driving,the vehicle was off and that was how they knew that it has a security installed. He said they beat the hell out of him grin grin and after he showed them,they threw him out only with his boxers.

So why buy a car that you won't be able to go out at anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2013
Eyop: own was the worst because he lied to them that there's no security installed in the vehicle thinking they will just kick him out of the car but he never knew they will drive it with him but after like 30mins of driving,the vehicle was off and that was how they knew that it has a security installed. He said they beat the hell out of him grin grin and after he showed them,they threw him out only with his boxers.

So why buy a car that you won't be able to go out at anytime.

That's it oo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. / Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.