Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Things Men Must Know In Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Men Must Know In Relationships (45391 Views)

The 10 Mistakes Nigerian Men Must Not Do When In Relationship With Their Woman / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Rules! Rules!! Rules!!! Women are just too complicated jare. Just keep it simple joor
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
:DSo sweet
If only nigerian men can do 5 of this things listed!
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ruq: What happened to being treated as equal ?

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by braine(m): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Good
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Vicjay1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
ednut1: d saint lookin or behaving gal is usually a serial manipulative cheat
there is more to what d eyes can see. The wild ones are my better halves grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 11, 2013
gluv01:

Yes he did. He's a relationship coach.
his spelling surely is an asset grin
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by immortaliceberg(m): 12:04am On Dec 11, 2013
what if she love's you and the parents don't? Just asking.
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by sptbest: 12:04am On Dec 11, 2013
Myboomba C.E.O Onyeoghani Godfrey (AKA Spacktwix) say that Love can change the world in a staff meeting in Abuja. He says

Not the romantic, head-over-heels kind of love, but selfless love. Selfless love is giving of yourself, your time, and your resources for the benefit of others. It is caring about others’ quality of life and helping those in need. Changing the world will not happen by introducing people to a formula or giving them ten steps to make their lives better, but by showing them love.

This kind of love starts with having compassion. When we live selfishly we have no concern for anyone else. All we care about is pleasing ourselves, and people around us often get hurt. Eventually we start using people and stepping on their toes because it makes us feel better or it advances us in our career or our popularity. We see no problem with using others because it benefits us and we do not even think about how they might feel. We do not care about those who suffer, those who starve to death, or the people who are dying because they cannot go see a doctor. We do not think about others because we are too consumed with our own lives, because we have no love for anyone but us.

What are the results of being so self-centered? America is the most successful country in the world, yet people suffer from depression, pain, and false relationships. People are confused because they can have anything and everything they ever wanted. They work their whole lives to please themselves, but they cannot figure out why that does not satisfy them. People are still left empty and looking for something else.

We rarely stop to consider what we could do to make our world a better place. If we tried, we might just be blessed beyond imagination, and those who suffer would be taken care of. We have to take our eyes off ourselves to see the needs of others and to allow ourselves to feel compassion for them. We must have love. When we love, we will want to reach out to others, build relationships, and make a difference in the world around us. Love can move mountains. It can shake the foundation on which people live. Love can work miracles in the hearts of those who receive it, and we have the power to give it.

Everyone could benefit from having more love in their lives. One of my favorite movies is Chicago. In it, the singer Roxie Hart talks about love as she addresses her audience. “And the audience loves me, and I love them. And they love me for loving them. And I love them for loving me. And we love each other. And that’s ’cause none of us got enough love in our childhoods.” Ms. Hart has it right. Everyone could use a little more love. Most of us have grown up in this selfish nation and have not experienced selfless love.

It is all about giving up our selfish lives and our desire to live only for ourselves. We have to start living for others. And live not just to receive, but live to give, to share, and to grow with those around us. We can change the world by using our talents and abilities not just for ourselves, but for others. We can let those around us share in our victories and we can be a blessing to them.

We not only need compassion, but we have to see life and everything in it not as our own, but as a gift that was given to us to take care of. When we let go of the ownership of our money, our resources, and our talents, it becomes so much easier to share. It also helps to remember that everything we work for here on earth will stay on earth when we are gone. It does no good for us to store up treasures for ourselves. But we can give and share those treasures with the people around us.

By giving we are blessed. The most amazing feeling in the world is to know you gave selflessly to help someone else – to know you have given of your time, of your money, of your talent, and that someone else is benefiting from that. It makes life no longer about just you, but about everyone around you.

Let’s take care of those in need, let’s have compassion for the hurting, let’s start loving people, really loving, and desiring to see everyone live a full, healthy life where they have a chance to succeed and a chance to love. Learning to live with few material possessions, with moderation, could make a huge difference in the lives of everyone. Enjoy what you have, but don’t let it consume you. Let love consume you, and let love change others’ lives through you.

Take time to get outside, to get to know your neighbors, to help someone besides yourself once in a while. See what it does for your attitude, your health, and your heart. See if it does not change the people around you and start changing your life as well. Smile more often. When you do these things, you will have reasons to smile. You will be happy to live life. Getting up in the morning will not be just about how you can gain more for yourself, but how you can live free of the chains that selfishness ties around your neck, and about how you can enjoy life for what it is.

Do not worry about having the biggest, or the most, or being the most important. Worry about how you can reach out to one person less fortunate than yourself, how you can be an encouragement to someone at work or in class, how you can share something that you have with someone else who does not have it. Loving changes your world. It affects the people you associate with, and if everyone loved selflessly, the entire world would be a different place.

A great words from a young mind….
visit http://www.myboomba.com
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by sagaciousblog: 12:06am On Dec 11, 2013
nice one op..but some girls will always be indifferent no matter hw u treat them..
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 11, 2013
sandijey: :DSo sweet

Saying your picture looks crazy is an understatement... Are you a clown ?

4 Likes

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 11, 2013
okpara ugo:

Saying your picture looks crazy is an understatement... Are you a clown ?

Hahahahhahahhaaha!!!!!!! Lmaooooo.....you can say that again! I just like goofing around!

2 Likes

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Joepage(m): 12:16am On Dec 11, 2013
hmmmmm, nd my nigerian girls will b like ''op ua ryt, tell dem.''. relationship coach my foot. rltnshp don get commandments 2? @ op, wen ua done wit ur folly, rmemba 2 ''always wash her kpata daily, else no akpako for u........ ;
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by delors(m): 12:22am On Dec 11, 2013
Na wah o...na die person dey o.
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by D3BO9: 12:25am On Dec 11, 2013
that's my take on tha thread
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by niyitogun(m): 12:30am On Dec 11, 2013
herkeym001: As a real guy, if you did all these to you Girl/wife. You're wrong.

I couldn't agree better. The post just comes across to me as women's wish list. Men, Just be yourselves, never try to impress any woman and do what you love.
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by drdams: 12:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Team Midnight Crew! I don dey sabi people wey dey work for Security Posts, Beer Parlours/Bars & Allen Avenue, Armed Robbers et al..

Cmon, una no dey sleep?
B4 una ask me, me dey fly go my meeting as usual!!

Op! Leave matter for mathias!

So I shud keep doing what attracted her to me, wheather good or bad? Re-check that assertion and infact, the rest !!

FEMINIST PROPAGANDA!

3 Likes

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Another Feminist trend to tell us MEN how to behave. Further and continuation of the emasculation of today's men. One of the goals of the feminists (not to be mistaken with feminist movement which I support) is to make every woman appear important to men. In other words, an ugly woman or a woman who has virtually nothing tangible to offer to her counterpart can make herself seem important to an handsome, wealthy, accomplished/successful man with unnecessary requirements. This is the goal of feminists and you see this ubiquitous in today's society. Now, men who are very secure and sure of themselves don't typically fall victims for this; however majority of men fall for this and would often think there is something wrong with them...no there isn't. You just have to be very sure in yourself and stand your ground, your belief, don't impress any woman. If she truly likes you, You must lead and she must conform to your lifestyle, your budget and directions as a man; tell her to kiss your a$ss. If a woman has to tell you what to do, how to behave, then you seriously need to check yourself as a man. Man up men! Nothing wrong doing all these but SHE HAS TO EARN IT...being great wife(not girlfriend) and given you beautiful children.

7 Likes

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by illgreen(m): 12:40am On Dec 11, 2013
mc~evans:
what if am left, handed?
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by 190: 12:42am On Dec 11, 2013
sptbest: Myboomba C.E.O Onyeoghani Godfrey (AKA Spacktwix) say that Love can change the world in a staff meeting in Abuja. He says

Not the romantic, head-over-heels kind of love, but selfless love. Selfless love is giving of yourself, your time, and your resources for the benefit of others. It is caring about others’ quality of life and helping those in need. Changing the world will not happen by introducing people to a formula or giving them ten steps to make their lives better, but by showing them love.

This kind of love starts with having compassion. When we live selfishly we have no concern for anyone else. All we care about is pleasing ourselves, and people around us often get hurt. Eventually we start using people and stepping on their toes because it makes us feel better or it advances us in our career or our popularity. We see no problem with using others because it benefits us and we do not even think about how they might feel. We do not care about those who suffer, those who starve to death, or the people who are dying because they cannot go see a doctor. We do not think about others because we are too consumed with our own lives, because we have no love for anyone but us.

What are the results of being so self-centered? America is the most successful country in the world, yet people suffer from depression, pain, and false relationships. People are confused because they can have anything and everything they ever wanted. They work their whole lives to please themselves, but they cannot figure out why that does not satisfy them. People are still left empty and looking for something else.

We rarely stop to consider what we could do to make our world a better place. If we tried, we might just be blessed beyond imagination, and those who suffer would be taken care of. We have to take our eyes off ourselves to see the needs of others and to allow ourselves to feel compassion for them. We must have love. When we love, we will want to reach out to others, build relationships, and make a difference in the world around us. Love can move mountains. It can shake the foundation on which people live. Love can work miracles in the hearts of those who receive it, and we have the power to give it.

Everyone could benefit from having more love in their lives. One of my favorite movies is Chicago. In it, the singer Roxie Hart talks about love as she addresses her audience. “And the audience loves me, and I love them. And they love me for loving them. And I love them for loving me. And we love each other. And that’s ’cause none of us got enough love in our childhoods.” Ms. Hart has it right. Everyone could use a little more love. Most of us have grown up in this selfish nation and have not experienced selfless love.

It is all about giving up our selfish lives and our desire to live only for ourselves. We have to start living for others. And live not just to receive, but live to give, to share, and to grow with those around us. We can change the world by using our talents and abilities not just for ourselves, but for others. We can let those around us share in our victories and we can be a blessing to them.

We not only need compassion, but we have to see life and everything in it not as our own, but as a gift that was given to us to take care of. When we let go of the ownership of our money, our resources, and our talents, it becomes so much easier to share. It also helps to remember that everything we work for here on earth will stay on earth when we are gone. It does no good for us to store up treasures for ourselves. But we can give and share those treasures with the people around us.

By giving we are blessed. The most amazing feeling in the world is to know you gave selflessly to help someone else – to know you have given of your time, of your money, of your talent, and that someone else is benefiting from that. It makes life no longer about just you, but about everyone around you.

Let’s take care of those in need, let’s have compassion for the hurting, let’s start loving people, really loving, and desiring to see everyone live a full, healthy life where they have a chance to succeed and a chance to love. Learning to live with few material possessions, with moderation, could make a huge difference in the lives of everyone. Enjoy what you have, but don’t let it consume you. Let love consume you, and let love change others’ lives through you.

Take time to get outside, to get to know your neighbors, to help someone besides yourself once in a while. See what it does for your attitude, your health, and your heart. See if it does not change the people around you and start changing your life as well. Smile more often. When you do these things, you will have reasons to smile. You will be happy to live life. Getting up in the morning will not be just about how you can gain more for yourself, but how you can live free of the chains that selfishness ties around your neck, and about how you can enjoy life for what it is.

Do not worry about having the biggest, or the most, or being the most important. Worry about how you can reach out to one person less fortunate than yourself, how you can be an encouragement to someone at work or in class, how you can share something that you have with someone else who does not have it. Loving changes your world. It affects the people you associate with, and if everyone loved selflessly, the entire world would be a different place.

A great words from a young mind….
visit http://www.myboomba.com

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by seangy4konji: 12:59am On Dec 11, 2013
ok
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by hunter21(m): 1:08am On Dec 11, 2013
does this apply to ladies within the ages of 17- 20
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by naijaboiy: 1:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Dem Go OLD!!! angry
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by AceKid(m): 1:42am On Dec 11, 2013
Like Seriously ?? *GREED *

Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Gifted4all(m): 2:43am On Dec 11, 2013
What are all this for? i am still finding it difficult to obey the 10 comandment you are are here saying 32things
When will you teach things to do to spark up our bathing skills ?
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by 190: 2:46am On Dec 11, 2013
Gifted4all: What are all this for? i am still finding it difficult to obey the 10 comandment you are are here saying 32things
When will you teach things to do to spark up our bathing skills ?
grin grin
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by 4lorunsho(m): 3:03am On Dec 11, 2013
Some lady get pride ; if the husband don they help them #gosh
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Bezed(m): 3:20am On Dec 11, 2013
sandijey: :DSo sweet
then you will complain saying "He is too nice for my liking"
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by bjbest(m): 3:48am On Dec 11, 2013
nice write up,keep it up.
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 11, 2013
some require common sense while some are feminist concuction to a mans way for future regrets. pls b ursef whosoever luvs u wud stay wth u. my kobo
Re: Things Men Must Know In Relationships by Richy4(m): 4:01am On Dec 11, 2013
Nice write up. that number 14 is not really in my character. that's like trying to over impress. except if she has two things in her hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Cries Out As Ex-Boyfriend Threatens To Release Her Nudes For Dumping Him / 10 Signs You Are Dating An Immature Girl / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.