Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,659 members, 7,805,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers (31690 Views)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Sodiq33(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
THE Federal Government , Tuesday, said it was withdrawing the ultimatum given to striking university lecturers to resume or be sacked following appeals from well-meaning Nigerians and substantial compliance with the directive by some members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

According to the Federal Government, the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN has confirmed that a sum of two hundred billion Naira agreed with ASUU at a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan on the 5th of November ,2013 has been fully paid into a Revitalization of Universities Infrastructure Account.

Addressing Journalists, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe who showed to newsmen the CBN letter which was signed by the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr Tunde Lemo and addressed to the Accountant General of the Federation, confirmed that the total sum of two hundred billion Naira was the balance in the account as required.

Okupe who noted that what the federal government was interested in was how to resolve the six month old crisis in a peaceful manner for the overall interest of all concerned, said, “right now, the issue of ultimatum is not a matter for discussion anymore. There has been substantial compliance nationwide. If I say you must return to work on the 9th and 70% of the people that I am talking to have returned to work, that is substantial compliance.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/fg-withdraws-ultimatum-ASUU/
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by dryakson(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls

39 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by walad4yhu(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ok! First ov ol...
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by ayodeji752: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?

72 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by bennygreat1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Just waiting to see what happen NEXT!!! FG should do everything possible to end the strike. Cos is like they can't Win this battle..
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by rottable(m): 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
When will ASUU and fg get tired of these blame game

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by ChigbunduE(m): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
I never accepted that GEJ is a clown until this issue of sack came up and now withdrawn. He would've tried it. Am a big fan of GEJ but on this issue of ASUU, he made himself a brat!

10 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by eyenCalabar(m): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
Most times, am forced to believe that this administration is simply clueless. I see no reason why a whole federal government of a country should be taking miscalculated decisions. Who are they fooling here? ASUU or themselves? Well, it only shows the level of education they have attended. There's nothing I hate like taking back my words.

19 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by BlessedFellow: 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
I presume this thread will get *what's below* soon.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Tolexander: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
This administration no gat balls in its scrotal sac jare. The main reason why they aren't taken serious!

5 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by sammiy: 9:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
this govt is clueless! Yet again i regreat casting my vote 2dis otueke fisher man! Why didnt he make proper analysis of possibilities b4 issueing an ultimatum only 2chicken out mid way!

11 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
Just admit dat u cant sack dem,am so disappointed,so all d rantin ends lyk dis,...mtheeeeew,...4rm d moment he(fg) dat he wasn't d one who gave d ultimatum, ah just realized dat it wasn't goin to work,he was just lookin 4 who to put d blame on in case it doesn't work,he definately forgot dat lecturers are not cheap pple u can buy wit a mere threat...ah just tire 4 dis country

4 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by henchamb(m): 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
what do you xpect when we have two barking dogs in charge.... okupe and wike. products of same sex marriage.

22 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by dridowu: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
matzoro:

THE Federal Government , Tuesday, said it
was withdrawing the ultimatum given to striking
university lecturers to resume or be sacked following
appeals from well-meaning Nigerians
confusionist government indeed................................................................ds our FG are comedian from A-Z.
who are d ghost well meaning Nigerians ? ds strike just show us that the only way govt can yield to our cry is by embarking on indefinite strike. Congratulation to ASUU for a job weldone

7 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by 190: 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Shiiiiiit how did i miss the number 1 spot angry
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by taiwoowiat: 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
back off

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by israel007: 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Next time don't say what. U don't mean.

It's not sexy
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Our Government is a Joke. So unfortunate .
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by 40Lightyears: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sodiq33:

Even if FG withdraws the ultimatum, the damage has been done.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Kelvin0(m): 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
To say that i am not disappointed in my government and lecturers is a big understatement .....they should know that d international community n other African countries are watching them.......i wonder how they got d balls to call themselves the Giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
FG is ASUU's b!tch cry . Quite sad
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by thoniann(m): 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
I just don't know of what to make of this administration. I'm really tired and I can't wait any longer for change.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
so what next. Have they called off the strike?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by shecko: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
[b][/b][quote author=ayodeji752]Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?. U jst spoke like an illiterate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by huthmanadam(m): 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
A man who can't stand by his words has no honour and so he loses respect....

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by zubimete(f): 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
ok i don hear. ASUU wona 2 much So make we hear anoda beta news joh. I just d peep shal.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by 40Lightyears: 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sodiq33:

If I say you must return to work on the 9th and 70% of the people that I am talking to have returned to work, that is substantial compliance.

This rabid dog called Doyin Okupe is at it again o. shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by lexrichy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
were in season 6 of the movie i still have bags full of popcorns.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by 1009ja: 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
GEJ has given CLUELESS a new meaning.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by alaoeri: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Wike should be ashamed of himself, keeping saying this majority of ppl in GEJ's cabinet ain't up to the task. GEJ is clueless also surrounded by army of confused souls.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Bilany(f): 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
I got tired of this whole ASUU-FG game a long time ago. I honestly don't know what the bigger joke is, ASUU or FG?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Domaro: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
i dont care

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme / How To Use Airtel Youtube Night Data / Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.