Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers (31694 Views)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by XLR8(m): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2013
Tolexander: This administration no gat balls in its scrotal sac jare. The main reason why they aren't taken serious!

must u always talk human physiology?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Kelvin0(m): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2013
chi4ik: You all should keep on insulting GEJ but I bet U guys that if he sacks Lecturers, all students will suffer it severely.. I don't know Y Nairaland is full of Rude, annoying, jobless, hatred $ evil minded set people? The only thing in their mouth is insult. May God 4give U all.
Rude,annoying, jobless,hatred,evil minded....yet u use ur money to subscribe for data just to join dix set of people. #very reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by guvngige: 12:10am On Dec 11, 2013
I really pity fg
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by MindofChrist: 12:12am On Dec 11, 2013
[/color]This is an unfortunate situation. We have a govt with people who don't think b4 talking. How on earth can anyone ever believe this can of order will work for intellectuals. You can only do that to casual workers. It is. Crystal clear FG is wrong.[color=#000000]
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by XLR8(m): 12:15am On Dec 11, 2013
So lets see...you guys are annoyed because FG didn't make well their threat..oh-ho..so assuming they did that will be cool right?..i know it was stupid of them to make the threat at the 1st place and it caused quite a fracas but since they've now lifted it nko.thats ok..

You guys are being ambivalent on this issue.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Memyselfu2009(m): 12:29am On Dec 11, 2013
kogi state uni have pulled out who care if they go on strike for 90yrs hunga go kill them
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Geedhey(m): 12:41am On Dec 11, 2013
For FG to chicken out of this ultimatum just gives ASUU an advantage to solidly their point of FG not sincere.... If you think u've done the right thing u shouldn't be afraid to deal with erring individual. This govt sucks!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Allenkee: 12:47am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?

Is it really an ordinary papper?
If so, it was the ordinary pappers that were signed in 2009 that translated to a very big pain in our neck today.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by damoobaba: 1:04am On Dec 11, 2013
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls
So u prefer a situation where U will go to school bt end up being a liability to d society.That's what ASUU is trying to prevent. Until we have a Nigeria where some people are brave enough to look into d eyes of all this economic looters,then d present rate of joblessness will only be a joke compared to what may befall us soonest.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Fourwinds: 1:06am On Dec 11, 2013
nonesense
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Kaydem(m): 1:39am On Dec 11, 2013
dayz back Mr faggae was yelling on the media that FG was economical with the truth when the presidency announced that the proposed #200bn has been released, i think at this point it is crystal clear that FG has approved the said money, so ASUU too should do the needful!....in one word ''Over to you ASUU''!!!....Mr Faggae oya prove GEJ wrong that u ain't subversive!!!!...i say call it off!!!!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Moxie4lyf(m): 2:12am On Dec 11, 2013
XLR8: i know it was stupid of them to make the threat at the 1st place and it caused quite a fracas but since they've now lifted it nko.thats ok..

You guys are being ambivalent on this issue.
Is "nko" an english word?...
U contradict yourself with your written english. And for this cause,ASUU needs to continue the strike till The battle is won

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by fridayJ1(m): 2:13am On Dec 11, 2013
40Lightyears:

If I say you must return to work on the 9th and 70% of the people that I am talking to have returned to work, that is substantial compliance.

This rabid dog called Doyin Okupe is at it again o. shocked shocked shocked shocked
What do u expect from a failed medical doctor?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by masciv: 3:46am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?

My bro, the pen is about #550billion and the paper sef na #550billion making a total of #1.1trillion.Its not a small somtin o.Shey u fit buy dat kind pen and paper when Christmas dey just around the corner?.Maybe you don't know that the money is Christmas bonus for the "Excos" of naijiriya.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Claumy2(m): 3:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Nyenso Wike? A huge loss and misnomer to himself and Goodluck Jonathan's administration.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Ibyno(m): 4:08am On Dec 11, 2013
FG - ASUU just keep fooling nigerians , my uncle in senate said that any time ASUU and fg gather together, they collect sitting allowance ,so to them, they just prefer the allowance and don't want the strike to end, so who is fooling who now ?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Demdem(m): 4:49am On Dec 11, 2013
Good development for ASUU.
Now that there is no futile treat on their jobs, won't expect them to hurriedly go back to classes till they are well convinced that what the govt said is what it is.
Also, they should make sure their held salaries are paid.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 11, 2013
The ultimatum was uncalled for, it reminded me of the dreadful military rule and showedhow inept our leaders could be. However I think the Government has done the right thing by listening to the voice of reason. If people were outraged by the initial 'resume or get sacked pronouncement' , I think it is time to lay the matter to rest. I'd rather have a leader who is not too proud to go back on his word for the general good. To think of it,Abiola's June 12 mandate may have been restored, following the public outcry that trailed the infamous annulment.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Muffy2912: 5:22am On Dec 11, 2013
Don't start what you know you cannot finish.Shame on GEJ and his clueless cabinet!!!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Dbestmax(m): 5:52am On Dec 11, 2013
...sometimes am left to say dat nollywood has taken over evry part of naija...wat d hell.....hu's makin al ds drama...gej shud beta go bak to his lecturin job..or beta stil go get himself a farm...wat da hell:
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by pmc01(m): 5:56am On Dec 11, 2013
Jazzgreen: I tire for Nigerians sha. the FG gave ultimatum, u all said it won't work that he should take out the ultimatum and reconcile peacefully with ASUU, OK now FG has agreed with ur suggestion and complied with ur PEACEFUL means, guess wat? u'r all shouting CLUELESS.
Wat exactly do you want him to do, to insist on the ultimatum while the strike lingers. na Wa for hataz sha, its all in ur blood, you've hated the President so weather he takes good or bad decision, you'll always complain.
I'm just glad He DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN!

Mr. Advocate, seems you only like to talk and not reflect on your statement. Your statement is contradictory. He doesn't GIVE A DAMN, but he supposedly listened to the 'calls of well-meaning Nigerians'? Ironic, I must say!

In fact, you sound like a certain Mr. Wike; are you? grin

Anyway, I am sure Jona will GIVE A DAMN when Nigerians port him back to the creeks in 2015 cheesy

And if both of you dare return to Militancy, na to give bobo Jona the 'reverse OBJ style', i.e. From President to Prisoner. Be warned! cheesycheesy
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Osehnetworld(m): 5:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Wt a pitiable govt
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by tabisegroup(m): 5:59am On Dec 11, 2013
..simple!!!! sign d MoU n let d system run itself. if not, another strike will b needed for another 200b to be released next year. foolish ppl. politicians wil not need to go on strike bfor funds is made available for PDP Or nPDP convention every year. nonsense!!!!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Tempsokes(m): 5:59am On Dec 11, 2013
People that are saying GEJ took back his words.... GEJ ds GEJ dt...... Its all for d betterment of d students....... Had it bn he stood on d resume or get sack wateva d student will enjoy it temporally n after d matter aint solved..... All GEJ has done n all his doing is for d betterment of d student..... It hasn't bn easy n it will neva be easy to lead a country wit 250 ethnic groups n God knws hw many languages.......... #team 9ja4life#

2 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by kabba7(m): 6:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Why is Jonathan and his band of clowns always eager to prove they're not trustworthy ?
I think the day Nigerians voted for Jonathan as president was a cursed day , Nigerians never had it so bad .
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by hedgesfun(m): 6:07am On Dec 11, 2013
come to think of it I think the government claims they are not the one that gave the ultimatum in the first place how come they are the one withdrawing it now.
THIS GOVERNMENT SEF.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by nagoma(m): 6:11am On Dec 11, 2013
[left][/left]
Jazzgreen: I tire for Nigerians sha. the FG gave ultimatum, u all said it won't work that he should take out the ultimatum and reconcile peacefully with ASUU, OK now FG has agreed with ur suggestion and complied with ur PEACEFUL means, guess wat? u'r all shouting CLUELESS.
Wat exactly do you want him to do, to insist on the ultimatum while the strike lingers. na Wa for hataz sha, its all in ur blood, you've hated the President so weather he takes good or bad decision, you'll always complain.
I'm just glad He DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN!

It comes with the job my boy, being President is tough. If you don't give a damn perhaps you shouldn't have applied for the job in the first place. You can't eat 1million Naira Cassava bread for nothing. A president must have brain and balls.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 11, 2013
ASUU!, Oya make una do fast make I go school, quick quick oh!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by 500GP: 6:22am On Dec 11, 2013
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A FISHERMAN N HIS FELLOW BEING IN THE AFFAIRS OF THIS COUNTRY? ...........
SOME DEMENTED PEOPLE WILL STILL DEFEND HIM.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme / Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo) / What Is The Cut Off For Delta State University Post Ume?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.