Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:01 PM

Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC (16594 Views)

Great Jobs You Can Get In Nigeria Without A Degree / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? / Legitimate Jobs You Can Do Without Start-Up Capital In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
As we countdown to a new and great year,let's put smile on our faces by re-living old/recent memories.

This thread is just for you to tell us about the 'jobs' you did or are doing while undergoing the mandatory youth service. Would start with mine:

• Shift Maintenance Engineer @ Ibadan Airport (No pay, just for the CV, nothing to maintain sef)
• Freelance Liaisor for Jovago
• Selling and tutoring of Process design softwares: HYSYS and PDMS
• Lesson tutor for WAEC and NECO GCE (moderate fee: just N300 per hour per person grin)

Well, for the records, am still serving and would be out early february.

Please share yours!!!!! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2013
First To Comment..
And it made Front Page..

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Geniero: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2013
Polio Vaccine Immunization Monitoring
Home lesson teacher
Dj in any fellow otondo birthday bash..

all ds happned in Abia state 10/11 grin

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
angry Sleep Sleep...n while i was @ it i slept som mor...yet no increase in my total body mass angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Monsieur Pete: angry Sleep Sleep...n while i was @ it i slept som mor...yet no increase in my total body mass angry
Ministry of "No Works" abi.. grin

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by MissIndependent(f): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Following. cool
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
^Maam, don't just follow.. Share your's.. You too, Adonye.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
Taught some Extra-mural classes.. Did some volunteer work.. That's all.. There isn't much stuff to do in Akure..

3 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by iebanehita(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
davide470: As we countdown to a new and great year,let's put smile on our faces by re-living old/recent memories.

This thread is just for you to tell us about the 'jobs' you did or are doing while undergoing the mandatory youth service. Would start with mine:

Freelance photographer for Jovago

You and I know this is not an "odd job"
You can become a professional photographer.
Just taking 10pictures of hotels is more than what some B.Sc graduate earn... grin

3 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by MissIndependent(f): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
davide470: ^Maam, don't just follow.. Share your's..
I'm yet to start any grin so i came here for some tips from your comments. smiley

Please Advice undecided sad
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by SenatorJames(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
What a great and interesting experience I had during my service year.

I will love to share mine. None is odd because I did it out of passion, the other one is an innovation.

1) I took some school children Home Lesson because of my love for children, but I dropped it when I became NCCF Zonal Papa because of tight schedule.

Innovative: with the love I had for children, One of my friend and I organized "SANTA CLAUS" during last year Chrismas vacation in some Nursery schools and we made good money. I have been planning the same here in Ibadan this period before I gained employement in november.

Yagba East (Isanlu), Kogi state. 12/13 batch B

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by MissIndependent(f): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Senator James: What a great and interesting experience I had during my service year.

I will love to share mine. None is odd because I did it out of passion, the other one is an innovation.

1) I took some school children Home Lesson because of my love for children, but I dropped it when I became NCCF Zonal Papa because of tight schedule.

Innovative: with the love I had for children, One of my friend and I organized "SANTA CLAUS" during last year Chrismas vacation in some Nursery schools and we made good money. I have been planning the same here in Ibadan this period before I gained employement in november.

Yagba East (Isanlu), Kogi state. 12/13 batch B
Nice Signature... Congratulations cheesy Amen to your prayers. smiley

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by MissIndependent(f): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mods front page Topic! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by BUSHHUNTER: 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
This is JONATHAN fault grin
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
none yet. Aint even got d time for now, after school i get so busy learning some skills. Tho i'm still hoping to see one. Dat 19,800 na peanut. Mtcheww angry
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Dannylux: 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by slim1739: 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
I served in a college of Education but the school was on strike throughout the 1year.So I had time for some odd jobs that paid off. I worked in a business centre for a month and i gained improved typing speed,ĦºѠ to run a business centre and operate all the equipments. I worked wth WHO as an independentt monitor on Immunization stuffs and I did INEC job

3 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nairaland uses stored procedures for its queries as such the speed it executes is mind boggling...not an ingenuity of seun tho, simple machine forum.

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by kennyamusan(m): 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mine was teaching in a priv8 school,5000 per month,just to hold body B4 d late alawee go show by the beginnig of d following month
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
I did a real job!!

The Nysc kit made it look odd.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by doopsy(f): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Did a census on all the unemployed youths in one of the remotest villages in kagarko LGA,Kaduna,we promised the poor villagers jobs from the government ,when we hadn't secured ours,oh boy you need to see the glee on their faces,they wrote down the names of all their youths even the dead... cheesy na government send us oo,we were paid say 2k then..
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
No odd jobs. I'm a Vet Doctor, just doing some private practice. I go pass out nxt Feb
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nicepoker: u are a looser
if he is a looser, then you're a foo.l

12 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by adadadon(m): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lolz I never serve Buh I make front page on nl
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dannylux: .
busted! But pls no offence, is seun paying pple who made front page?? Why all these space keeping wahala??
Nairalanders, watch in a minute time the above post will soon be modified. grin
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nicepoker: i'm a looser
#fixed properly

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by SaintRobs: 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Easy bro,must u hurl profane word on him??
Nicepoker: u are a looser
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by flinton(m): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
buying and selling, i rarely touched my fg, ppa and state allowance, it has bin fun
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by veave(f): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
home lesson teacher.
infact i loved d kids so much d@ the salary their dad was paying me, i always use it to buy things for them...
the look on their father's face wen result came out is priceless...
from 18th to 1st, from 7th to 1st and from 20th to 2nd position in class... Guys, i felt real good. still miss them anyway...

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7up Nigeria Recruitment 2018 / How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. / National Orientation Agency(noa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.