Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview (837 Views)

Psquare Saga: Peter Exposes More About The Problems Within Them In New Interview / Davido Bounced From A Night Club In Atlanta, USA, Fans React (photos) / Paul Okoye “Bounced” By Security At Rythm Unplugged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by Myself21: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-2131NPmKazA/UqdvwI-ouTI/AAAAAAACSuU/jNZe19MpuXc/s1600/0.jpg[/img]
During a recent interview with HipHop World magazine, OJB said that many cheques given to him towards his kidney transplant, bounced.

There are well meaning and bitter people in Naija. Most people were just complaining and these people didn’t even donate. All the figures flying in the air then were just fake and make-belief from different angles because if we had the money we wouldn’t have the governor donate N16million.

Lots of cheques that some people donated bounced. I don’t want to mention names and when we called them to come for their cheques they didn’t come for it. We didn’t want to talk about it in the media because it was about saving a life.

He also talks about his gratitude to his wife for donating her kidney to him, and about the man who gave him N6m to renovate his house, $10,000 for medical expenses and bought him a 2010 Land Rover. See that after the cut...

About his wife, he says:

I will say she is a wonderful person because it is one thing if God is telling you to do something but another to do it. It takes a lot of courage to actually do it. Just as Jesus had made the water for Peter to walk on, Peter needed a lot of courage to take that step and that was what she did at that dying minute.

Even when the doctors came to tell her that they would have to cut her all the way to the back and would have to remove a rib so they could have access to the kidney and if after that you still go ahead to do it then that is serious courage.

About the man who gave him a lot, OJB tells Encomium magazine

A man named Felix Edebor who lives in Abuja has been very helpful. The first day he came he dropped N6million cheque, and it really encouraged us to start the building. When we were India he visited us and gave us $10,000. He later started talking about my mobility and days after he bought me a Land Rover LR 3 2010 model for me. And I didn't know the guy from Adam. I just feel what happened was not human.
SOURCE: http://..com/2013/12/lots-of-cheques-that-people-donated.html
Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by sexyglow(f): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Thats "human beans" for you..thank God for a successful transplant,God bless those that donated genuinely to the success of this effect and us that didn't have to donate but contributed with our prayers Amen !Your wife?she's 1 in a million!! wish you guys quick recovery .

1 Like

Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by waleadex(m): 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is Nigeria where we all know all sorts of things happen.On the issuance of the cheques,some were intentional and some were not. Whichever way,we need to thank God you had a successful operation and I join you in praying that God gives you long life to enjoy all the favours within your reach.
Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by fijiano202(m): 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is the kind of woman i want to marry,i pray i meet someone like her and i pray God locate me also
Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by cbrass(m): 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
But I think this guy is or was rich now, what did he do with all the money he must have earned from music?? To the point that some one had to buy him an SUV??

Anyway thank God for your life. Draw close to God now bro
Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by fijiano202(m): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
waleadex: This is Nigeria where we all know all sorts of things happen.On the issuance of the cheques,some were intentional and some were not. Whichever way,we need to thank God you had a successful operation and I join you in praying that God gives you long life to enjoy all the favours within your reach.
Wale sorry to disappoint you but all those bounced cheque are intentionally done,Honestly you know the amount in ur Account and the rules of ur cheque,dont tell me that when u issued the cheque u were not aware of what will happen,no matter how poor nigeria banking sector is they would never bounce a cheque without a reasonable reason,its like going to the Atm to withdraw 20k when u know u have 5k in ur account
Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by tyson99(m): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Thank God you okay now
Re: Lots Of Cheques That People Donated Bounced - OJB Says In New Interview by waleadex(m): 4:53am On Dec 11, 2013
fijiano202: Wale sorry to disappoint you but all those bounced cheque are intentionally done,Honestly you know the amount in ur Account and the rules of ur cheque,dont tell me that when u issued the cheque u were not aware of what will happen,no matter how poor nigeria banking sector is they would never bounce a cheque without a reasonable reason,its like going to the Atm to withdraw 20k when u know u have 5k in ur account
You've got your point though...

(1) (Reply)

Business Octopus: Rapper Lil Wayne Signs C. Ronaldo / I Need A Girl To Have About 8 Kids For Me - Rob Gushes About North West (niece) / Davido's Girlfriend Shows Off Her Boobs..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.