Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Tribute To Winnie Mandela! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tribute To Winnie Mandela! (4706 Views)

TRIBUTE TO OGUN / A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta / Tribute To Cameroonian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by onila(f): 10:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
The Mother of the Nation

Probably, one of the most beautiful women in the world
still looking absolutely incredible

Uncompromising strong African queen! Mother of the Nation!!! VIVA...she calls a spade a spade!!

Dear Mama Winnie, maybe the world has forgotten you, but we the young Africans have not. You are a true freedom fighter in the same league as Sankara, Lumumba, Toure, Mandela, Samora, Biko and many more. Just because you are a woman, the world has forgotten so fast that without you, there would be NO Mandela. Without you, there would be No ANC and certainly without you, the war on apartheid may have not come sooner. So on behalf of many millions of Young Africans across the land. I would say Ndiyabulela, Ndiya kuthanda!

As the world celebrate the Iconic African Hero Nelson Mandela, they are but only celebrating his life partially. There would be no Madiba without Winnie. While Madiba was imprisoned, Winnie suffered as a single mother taking care of their children under house arrest and in exile. It's because of her being a firestorm african woman that lifted Madiba's spirit to hold on through those tough years. All the hard work and success of Madiba being who is his can be in my opinion 50% attributed to Mama Winnie Mandela. The True African First Lady.

Kept the Mandela name and the anti-apartheid struggle alive and vital while he was imprisoned. An extraordinary woman. Because of you, The world did not forget Mandela! You kept the Spirit alive !!!!!!!

Ma Winnie kept the name & spirit of Mandela alive whilst he was in prison. She made us believe during the dark & turbulent 80's that Mandela will be free one day & that he will become our President. Yes, she was never perfect, but who is perfect? No one!

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by onila(f): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
African Nationalist
Miss Winnie as a teen

I love Winnie...I wish Mandela had stayed with her.

Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by onila(f): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Young Winnie Mandela

She is a real role model! A strong woman and revolutionist!

Mama Winnie Never compromised her conviction and ideology of Free political and Economic freedom but the Negotiator betrayed the struggle. .

Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by onila(f): 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Behind every successful man there is a women…Viva Mamma Winnie Mandela!!

Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by onila(f): 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mandela would have been forgotten in the dungeons if it wasn't for this girl, I salute and love Winnie!

It is sad that the news media has not made mention of her.

Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by onila(f): 1:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by lepasharon(f): 1:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Is she dead

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by olatomiwa(f): 1:46am On Dec 11, 2013
lepasharon: Is she dead
I won't be surprised if you don't know her.

That is a Great Woman! She kept the hope alive in the 80s.
Re: Tribute To Winnie Mandela! by RandomAfricanAm: 3:05am On Dec 11, 2013

I definitely agree with this!!!!
Back then some serious work was put in throughout the African world on the continent and in the diaspora.

Even the kids

[img]http://4.bp..com/_Tn2H8vLKTNY/TS-Q3YRfsfI/AAAAAAAAACY/lW6jXQYO8vQ/s1600/pan_african_congress.jpg[/img]

Our women held there own and didn't disappoint one bit !!

(1) (Reply)

Bridge, Outdoor Advertising In Lagos, Nigeria / What Does The Name, Obasanjo Mean In Yoruba? / Lesbianism And Homosexuality! Listen You Hypocrites!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.