Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Who Said IGBO Is Not Good - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Said IGBO Is Not Good (2790 Views)

Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" / If The Proposed Jewish Origin Of The Igbo Is Because Of "self Esteem Issues": (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by EzePromoe: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2013
I'm very proud of Anambra people, their spirit to strive for success even amidst the poorest governance in the country, the power to control the economy even without a white collar job and so many things. Their foods are the best I've tasted so far. Let's not even start talking about beautiful cheeks because we might not leave here this morning. Their dialect of Igbo is so sexy and oh oh many other things. No wonder my father couldn't look past there for a very beautiful and humble woman.

Imo state is indeed the heart of Igboland, with its possession of the majority of the most beautiful ladies in the country. And they are very liberal and accomodating. The people from the other side of the country who tonguelash them like my brother above, always stand their in queue to look for wives, leaving behind what they have in their place. They sell their lands just to pay a brideprice and then come to tell us how accomodating they are grin
Imo babes are the best
Ofe Owerri tinz wink

Abia state is just like a carbon copy of Anambra state, very hardworking and resilient, and this is the home to several locally made inventions. With proper funding and good governance, invention that will shock the world is likely to occur here.

Enugu state, the capital of the East, with many white collar destination. This is the base of the most intellectual and also quite beautiful faces. The only place that can make you feel at home, away from home, if you are an Easterner wink

Ebonyi state, the food basket of Igboland, the base of agriculture. Their rice is the most sought for in the nation. I love their diversity, their dialect even if its difficult, they also have many pretty chics, if you doubt me ask OBJ's son cheesy

Delta North (Anioma) : A very beautiful place with nice culture no wonder it is one of Nollywood's location sites. Very good people.

Rivers: What would I say here that wouldn't be taken as a promotional exaggeration? I mean, the state that has been keeping Nigeria alive. What would have been of Abuja without the spoils they are harvesting from this state lipsrsealed
Let me not go emotional now. This is the entertainment hub of the East. The state with the richest set of people in the nation.
Let me remind you that Agbani Derego (not an Igbo) is from this state. And the greatest of this all is that

THIS IS MY STATE cool
[/b]
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by cheruv: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Eze Promoe: I'm very proud of Anambra people, their spirit to strive for success even amidst the poorest governance in the country, the power to control the economy even without a white collar job and so many things. Their foods are the best I've tasted so far. Let's not even start talking about beautiful cheeks because we might not leave here this morning. Their dialect of Igbo is so sexy and oh oh many other things. No wonder my father couldn't look past there for a very beautiful and humble woman.

Imo state is indeed the heart of Igboland, with its possession of the majority of the most beautiful ladies in the country. And they are very liberal and accomodating. The people from the other side of the country who tonguelash them like my brother above, always stand their in queue to look for wives, leaving behind what they have in their place. They sell their lands just to pay a brideprice and then come to tell us how accomodating they are grin
Imo babes are the best
Ofe Owerri tinz wink

Abia state is just like a carbon copy of Anambra state, very hardworking and resilient, and this is the home to several locally made inventions. With proper funding and good governance, invention that will shock the world is likely to occur here.

Enugu state, the capital of the East, with many white collar destination. This is the base of the most intellectual and also quite beautiful faces. The only place that can make you feel at home, away from home, if you are an Easterner wink

Ebonyi state, the food basket of Igboland, the base of agriculture. Their rice is the most sought for in the nation. I love their diversity, their dialect even if its difficult, they also have many pretty chics, if you doubt me ask OBJ's son cheesy

Delta North (Anioma) : A very beautiful place with nice culture no wonder it is one of Nollywood's location sites. Very good people.

Rivers: What would I say here that wouldn't be taken as a promotional exaggeration? I mean, the state that has been keeping Nigeria alive. What would have been of Abuja without the spoils they are harvesting from this state lipsrsealed
Let me not go emotional now. This is the entertainment hub of the East. The state with the richest set of people in the nation.
Let me remind you that Agbani Derego (not an Igbo) is from this state. And the greatest of this all is that

THIS IS MY STATE cool
[/b]
Oh guy my guy you made me emotional(this happens once in a blue moon) tongue when reading your piece..I could not but help wishing for Nigeria's disintegration kos that would free them up to establish the Great imperial Biafran state God has destined for them.I say once again that YHWH would bless the great imperial land of the Igbos!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 11, 2013
ak47man, Kedu ka I mere?
o tekwaala.
A choro m ka I muta otu ihe n'ezigbo agwa a Ezepromoe gosiri.
O kwuru maka ndi Igbo niile, mana giwa kwuru maka sooso ndi anambra ..................
Ka o si na di, ubochi oma
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Antivirus92(m): 10:34am On Dec 11, 2013
Chai! I wish i be igbo. I dey envy dis igbo people die.....GOD why?. I love these igbo people.
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by EzePromoe: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
Antivirus92: Chai! I wish i be igbo. I dey envy dis igbo people die.....GOD why?. I love these igbo people.
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Lero15(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Igbo is good. I cld even marry one...d thing is every tribe has its own specialty and effulgence. Hope u r nt creating dis thread to promote tribalism sha. Remember dat Seun is Yoruba...lol. I am Yoruba too...

1 Like

Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Antivirus92(m): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Eze Promoe:
eze e get any how wey i go take convert to igbo?
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by EzePromoe: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Antivirus92: eze e get any how wey i go take convert to igbo?
YES. By Nicodemus' definition of "being born again" cool
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by ak47mann(m): 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
ngozievergreen: ak47man, Kedu ka I mere?
o tekwaala.
A choro m ka I muta otu ihe n'ezigbo agwa a Ezepromoe gosiri.
O kwuru maka ndi Igbo niile, mana giwa kwuru maka sooso ndi anambra ..................
Ka o si na di, ubochi oma
nne ewela iwe na umu (ohemmau ose) ka mu na akuziri history ka umu igbo si kee nigeria butere ha development cool
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
ak47mann: nne ewela iwe na umu (ohemmau ose) ka mu na akuziri history ka umu igbo si kee nigeria butere ha development cool

lol.
O di mma
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Antivirus92(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Eze Promoe:
YES. By Nicodemus' definition of "being born again" cool
lol, they don born me 10 times sef bt i still dey where i dey.
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Freewilly(f): 3:10am On Dec 12, 2013
Antivirus92: Chai! I wish i be igbo. I dey envy dis igbo people die.....GOD why?. I love these igbo people.

Awwwwww!!!!!!
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Fulaman198(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
gratieao:

According to a recent independent survey by a british investigative online firm

1) Fulani & Hausas (mixed)
2) Igbos (and Igboid subgroups)
3) Efik/Ibibio
4) Kanuri
5) Edo/Delta
6) Hausa (without Fulani mixture)
7) Ijaw
cool Tiv
9) ALL OTHER TRIBES

10) Yorubas

True Story.

Fulani and Hausa are not the same thing, so #1 is invalid. With that said, I disagree with your list. I believe beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by cheruv: 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Am beginning to like this controversy of a girl..you know someone who's proudly igbo and doesn't give a hoot bawt what detractors say.I'd like to meet you so that we can get to know each other.just a mail from you to ruechangparavita@yahOo.com does the trick.ciao wink
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Dannylux: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
[size=48pt]♔ IGBO ♕ [/size]
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by RedEboe(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Here's inviting all true Igbo sons and daughters to come support this new Igbo television project.

Watch trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLt5Y7QoKTc

Don't just stop at watching this trailer,endeavor to support this project with donations,sponsorships and above all,prayers.

LIKE US on Facebook here: http:///1huh7lq

Igbo Mmammanu o!
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Ngokafor(f): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ op on point!!..Igbo babes rock!! cool kiss wink tongue...and the guys too but....
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Yes, igbo is good. I see area boys smoking it alot.
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by levelszik(m): 12:54am On Dec 24, 2013
Proudly anambra
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by tonychristopher: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
Olugbenger:

Is that all?

undecided

he ain't done yet....igbo are not owambe party lovers.not dirty,not backstabbers not polygamy etc
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
tonychristopher:

he ain't done yet....igbo are not owambe party lovers.not dirty,not backstabbers not polygamy etc
...but are 419, kidnappers, ritualists etc.
Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by tonychristopher: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
TribalEAST: ...but are 419, kidnappers, ritualists etc.

igbo ain't babalawo juju people nor backstabbing obnoxious people ...I keep thanking lord he created me an igbo

1 Like

Re: Who Said IGBO Is Not Good by tonychristopher: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
ak47mann: [b]The great ANAMBRANS coolwho are the most famous sons and daughters which is seen as the poster boy for modern nigeria?

Seen in many respects as the bellwether of nigerian economy,anambra state is representatives of the country's desire to join the ranks of industrialized nation with its litany of manufacturing facilities scattered across the state cool

Located in the heart of nigeria/biafra industrial southeast geo-political zone,with the population of 5m people making it the largest of nigerian 5 igbo states.In onitsha,it has sub saharan african largest commercial market and in nnewi,it has a plethora of small manufacturing units,seen as the future of nigeria/biafran industrial revolution.

Rich in natural-resources,gas,crude oil,bauxite,ceramics and arable soil,ananmbra has the lowest poverty rate in nigeria. Anambra is also a home to nigerian private refinery ORIENT petrol located in aguleri and the anambra motor manufacturing company and assembly plant in emene eneugu,which assemble Mercedes benzzzy trucks and buses.
Over 60% of anambrans live in urban centers making it one of the most metropolitan state in the whole of niger-area.with annual birth rate of 2.21%it is also the eight most populated state in nigeria and the second most densely populated after lagos.

Anambra state has more self made multi millionaires/billionaires than any other state in nigeria because of the industrious nature of its people who dominate the country retail industry's .

Ananbrans are particularly well known for dealing in car parts and the nnewi people in particular own such enterprise all over africa and the rest of the world.

Up to 95% of the population is "IGBO" nigerian second largest group,anambra have dominated igbo politics,arts,sports,academia,virtually all other aspect of igbo life cool

It s no surprise that most igbo leaders are from anambra state.

Anambra THE FINEST LETS START

1)NNAMDI AZIKIWE..nigeria first president
2)alex ekwueme nigerian first executive vice presido
3)Prof chinua achebe literary icon.
4)emeka anyaoku the first black secretary general of the common wealth.
5)nwafor orizu nigerian first senate presidoo
6)LT-general issac obiakor united nation military adviser
7)chiyelu onwura british labour party MP representing new castle..
coolchuka umunna british labour party MP for streatham
9)Prof Kenneth dike first vice chancellor of university of ibadan
10)dora akuyili
11)Prof ben enwonwu nigerian first sculptor of international repute
12)prof pius okigbo international world renowned economist and nigerian first ambassador to european community.
13)prof Samuel okoye black african first PHD holder in radio astronomy who along with antony Hewish of the university of Cambridge,he discovered the radio source crab nebula nuetron star.
14)chiamanda adichie
15)cyprian ekwensi literary icon.
16)phili emeagwali winner of 1989 gordon price in super computing.
17prof chike obi mathematician famous of work on non differential equation

WHO SAYS WE ARE NOT GREAT?

18) SIR Louis odimegwu ojukwu the first president of nigeria stock exchange.
19)emeka ojukwu former leader of biafra republic.
20)cadinal Francis arinze once considered potential pope in vatican.
21)soludo
22)chinwe chuwuog-roy london base visual artist,he was the first black artist to paint a portrait of queen Elizabeth the 2nd

and many more i will stop here for now. cool[/b]

I think its nice if we blow our trumpets have you forgotten the chisco from my immediate village,have you forgotten the first speaker also from my immediate village in nnewi south a stone throw from otolo...who know amichi...have you forgotten ago,have you forgotten nebue Kenneth ...I love anambra I thank lord I am from there and I also thank lord I was born in owerre then I still thank lord I found my wife from delta north above all I thank God

I DO HOPE WE UNDERSTAND WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM I CAN'T WAIT TO BE HOME NEW YEAR

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Weirdest Cultures Still Exist Till Date Around The World / Freezing Rain In Jos (pictures And Videos) / Ooni Breaks Silence After Olori Naomi’s Divorce Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.