Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? (13322 Views)

Acquire Skills To Earn An Income - Build Your Own Jumia Or Konga - / Pls Stop Searching For Job And Acquire This Good Skill / 10 Ways To Be Great This Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by mkoabiola: 12:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Wit d intention to learn car port fabrication.
Any help pm me pls.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 13, 2013
I'm motivated !
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by donklint86: 12:31am On Dec 13, 2013
nice one op...really will like to up my communication skill and project management. Help will be appreciated.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by smartg(m): 1:59am On Dec 13, 2013
I have an uncle, who is a lawyer. Early this year he decided to learn tailor and shoe maker, honestly it was very funny when he told us his mind, we all took it as a joke, but today as am talking to you, he has finished learning the 2 skill. Last month he rented a shop at Ikeja where he wants to open a boutique, he said the skill he acquired this year was what gave him the confidence to open a business.

I also have a friend who is a Factory Worker, and a part-time student of O.O.U. Studying Business Admin. Last year he spared some of his time to learn GSM Engineer, he use to go to ikeja from ketu to go and learn how to repair phones. whenever he's on night duty, cos the factory where he works do observe shifting, that is, one week morning duty, one week night. whenever he's on night duty he will go and learn how to repair phones. Today he has stopped working in the factory, he now has a shop, he collect phones from all corners everyday, both from school mates, fellow factory workers and new people also, he now has time for his studies too.

It is Good to acquire a skill no matter your qualification.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Turbocharged: 2:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Studying Hangul (Korean language).

안녕하세요

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by icepoint(m): 5:01am On Dec 13, 2013
op tanx for this thread, pls i need this project management skills.
where can i get quality training in the North(Kaduna or its environ) pls.
This is my e-mail add ochowechie@gmail.com
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by CasieJ: 7:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Next year will be better
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by icon8: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2013
xtenxive:

Intend to write Prince 2, please will like to contact you for advise on how to go about preparing.
I hope you'll be helpful

I've replied your mail. Wish you the best!
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by bxcode(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2013
Learnt computer hardware engineering, even though my field is estate management, but i have always had a thing for computer even when i was young, by his grace i intend learning at least 5 skills next year during my youth service. smileysmileysmileysmiley
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2013
(a) Blogging skills
(b) Entrepreneurship
(c) Interpersonal relations skill
(d) E-marketing
(e) ICT etc

Hoping to learn more in a not too far future. So help me God.

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by rash47(m): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2013
Yeah! Swimming and frecnh class for this year, aheading to I.t and any other skill that will fecth me more though nx year insha Allah.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2013
SIR KOL!:
Mennn I really need fluency in my communication skills! Come 2014, I will giv myself an assignment on dat cos normally I don't think of all these areas wen a new year begins, Thanx bro u just tot me sth

You're welcome. Communication is a vital key is the world today. Its importance in business, politics and career development can never be over-emphasized.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2013
bxcode: Learnt computer hardware engineering, even though my field is estate management, but i have always had a thing for computer even when i was young, by his grace i intend learning at least 5 skills next year during my youth service. smileysmileysmileysmiley

Great
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2013
icepoint: op tanx for this thread, pls i need this project management skills.

I'll reply your e-mail
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by cmonek(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2013
Really grateful to God and some good friends that advised me to go learn some IT skills. Just very happy I dednt waste this year again in the name of Job hunt. I enrolled into NIIT to get a good knowledge of corel draw use and photoshop also. Right now, I can do virtually all kinds of graphic design, can comfortable edit photos and develop different forms of logos. Learnt how to be patient, calculating, always think postively no matter what the situation looks like. Hope to perfect on it before the ist quarter of next year. Still wanna learn french and by His grace. Thanks to my good friends. I love you u all

3 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Meklex(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2013
I learnt web design(html, css, et al), improved my writing skills, my sketching and reading skills, learned how business works, and have made a lot of money this 'striking season', and I have developed my psychology and psychic abilities, etc
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2013
icepoint: op tanx for this thread, pls i need this project management skills.

I'll send you the addresses of formidable project management training firms in Kaduna and its environs.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2013
smartg :
I have an uncle, who is a lawyer. Early this year he decided to learn tailor and shoe maker, honestly it was very funny when he told us his mind, we all took it as a joke, but today as am talking to you, he has finished learning the 2 skill. Last month he rented a shop at Ikeja where he wants to open a boutique, he said the skill he acquired this year was what gave him the confidence to open a business.

I also have a friend who is a Factory Worker, and a part-student of O.O.U. Studying Business Admin. Last year he spared some of his time to learn GSM Engineer, he use to go to ikeja from ketu to go and learn how to repair phones. whenever he's on night duty, cos the factory where he works do observe shifting, that is, one week morning duty, one week night. whenever he's on night duty he will go and learn how to repair phones. Today he has stopped working in the factory, he now has a shop, he collect phones from all corners everyday, both from school mates, fellow factory workers and new people also, he now has time for his studies too.

It is Good to acquire a skill no matter your qualification.

THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWER.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by wonlasewonimi: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2013
Improving my listening skills and being a better dad.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by uceee(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
OP thank you for this thread. I honed my driving skills his year. Next year I'll learn how to swim, and how to speak yoruba too.

I have been challenged by the comments here.

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by nnaiah: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
I planned a lot for myself earlier in the year
I vowed to perfect my swimming skills but after drinking so much water in the deep end of the pool,I got really scared.I mean very scared.
I also vowed,in fact I swore that I must be very good at speaking and writing the French languague but look at me now.The only French word I can remember now is j'taime......
The only compensation for me are the underlisted skills that I got this year

1.SAP Solution Manager installation n config

2.Solman ITSM incident mgt config and admin

3.Project mgt (PMI)

4.Patience n Empathy in teaching others

These skiils compliment other skills I have.

Abeg oo,Make una help me na, teach me this french language

Swimming remains on full suspension till people stop drowning.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by ladenz(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
For those who want to learn Spanish, I can get you speaking in 3 months (depending on your intelligence and ability with languages). I give private spanish classes in my spare time. Mail me ladenz@gmail.com
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
vislabraye:

Bore hole drilling ? Nice 1. Does he do consulting with this skills ? Wud luv 2 no more about it.

Yes he does. because of his new skills, he decided to open a full fledged marine consulting firm which deals on training and consulting on borehole drilling, pipleline welding, industrial welding, facility management, plumbing services and Generator plants/Air conditioning units repair, maintenance and servicing.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by infinity001(m): 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Contumely: @OP. You have succeeded in wasting precious time on balderdash and baloney that you erroneously term skill acquisition.
The axiom that no knowledge is a waste is misleading. I learnt Pitman Shorthand while in high school and was unarguably the best student of it in our set. But I have never had cause to use that knowledge. So many other cases abound.
=

You are a lawyer and you learnt programming too, the possibility of your using that knowledge is minute.
=
I disagree on the jimoh Ibrahim et al example too, what determines success in life is not just hardwork and talent alone. A lot is owed to luck and serendipity too.

Osita Chidoka became the head of Road Safety simply because of sheer luck and adventitiousness.

I'm very much using my programming and networking skill because I own a Public Relations {PR}/media firm which absolutely needs them on a daily basis.

Short hand is very productive if you find yourself in the right place. As a human capital/Resource consultant and career coach I've had proposals from multinational companies and agencies whereby one of the most outstanding requirements they need from applicants especially to fill in commercial portfolios is a formidable knowledge in shorthand. So my dear, no knowledge is a waste. I know of so many doctors who are also experts in ICT. As a lawyer, I have a poultry farm and fish ponds, a skill I acquired in my university days.

Moreover, I agree with you that we need luck to succeed. But any man who sits at home, folds his hands and wait for luck to knock at his door is a multinational fool and will die a failure.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by hotmas911(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
manny4life: Took some entrepreneurship courses (focus on real estate) - in the process of forming a REIT club (if interested, contact me).

Learned a great deal of marketing - worked on a campaign during the summer,

Worked on getting my Real Estate License

Currently working on obtaining my "series" license, unachievable this year but next year.
pls can i have your email address. Mine is dto911@gmail.com
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by alphawg(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
proficiency in comptia A+.
JAVA certified.
Perfected driving n got my license.
Still learning how to play guitar but i'm still an amateur tho...lol

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Badirukehinde(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
To the glory of GOD...thanks to ASUU,FG & FAGGAE I'v taken my writing prowess to d next level...I have and run my own blog www.badirukehindewrites. which I use as a podium to inspire people,share leadership talks,motivational stories,poems & my other works of art...

I'm a motivational speaker,writer www.facebook.com/badirukehindeinspires

I'm working on my music tracks and on my piano lessons

I also have a skill in ndustrial flooring & Water proofing.

I inspire people online and now a poet laureate If I may say

Stil hoping to initiate my project in my school UNIOSUN which I believe I'll be unveiling soon...

Badiru Kehinde ENG & INT'L STUDIES UNIOSUN
Gracias

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Badirukehinde(m): 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
I need help..I need sponsorship...I wanna touch lives because I'm living to inspire people,I'm living to bring a change to the world through writing....

I seriously need help,I tell you SEVERAL ARTICLES are just sleeping between d covers of my Higher education...How do I get them published on National dailes'

Badirukehinde@gmail.com
Find me on FB: Badiru.Kehinde1
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Badirukehinde(m): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
Moderator front page please...my previous post...Gracis
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by DrTony1(m): 7:40am On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: Thanks to ASUU strike, my love for the Super Eagles has increased and my interest in football has sky-rocketed, previously, I knew more on politics than sports, but now, I can say I know more on sports than most NL guys. I have basic knowledge with French having studied it in sec school (even wrote it in WAEC, got a C5- yes I'm bragging because e no easy, na only me credit French for my school), now I want to learn Spanish and German. I'm a writer so it's imperative that I delve into other languages so as to achieve variety. Apart from those, baking and preparation of confectionaries is a hobby of mine, so I took it upon myself to learn how to prepare samosa, chin-chin and some Indian recipes(na boredom cause am), plus I learnt how to make ankara jewellry. Omo, I don learn plenty things this year, ASUU ese o.
Did I hear you say politics miss, Im impressed,would be nice to meet you, you are probably different from other Nigerian girls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Photographer Receives Getty Images Creative Bursary Award / Photo: Cripples Serve As Street Sweepers In Kaduna State / Should I Quit Or Continue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.