Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry (653 Views)

Man Weeps In Court Over Wife’s Divorce Bid / A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta / Son Drags 96 Year Old Father To Court For Taking Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry by gistmelove(m): 9:12am On Dec 11, 2013
A United States-based Nigerian, Emeka Mazie, yesterday dragged his 96-year-old father to court for insisting to re-marry after the demise of his wife eight years ago.The suit with number HU/54/2013 filed before the Umuahia High Court 4, is presided over by Justice Agwu Kalu. Counsel to the defendant, Miss Ebere Orji, told the court that her client, Chief Israel Mazie, and father of Emeka, had contracted a marriage with Ebere Ndubuka under the Marriage Act. She noted that his children from the late wife (Emeka’s mother) had continued to obstruct the marriage, pointing out that his client was hale and hearty and entered the marriage with his whole mind.
She maintained that the plaintiff and only son of Israel with his sisters was duly informed before the marriage was contracted but regretted that they made a u-turn to stop the union.
Counsel to the Plaintiff, Mrs Ann Uchendu, told the court that Israel and Ndubuka had yet to consummate their marriage traditionally.
She pointed out that the defendants secretly obtained a marriage certificate from Bende Local Government Area of Abia State.
She also told the court that Ndubuka, 40, had been boosting that she “must marry Israel under any condition”.
Kalu after listening to both counsel asked Israel why he wanted another wife.
He told the parties to explore alternative means of resolving the matter peacefully in the interest of the family.
“I have examined this man (Israel), even though he is old, the papers before me do not show he is either mental nor senile.
“The L.C.M. of this matter is for the parties to return home and find a more peaceful way of sorting out this matter,” Kalu said.
He urged the parties to respect the views of each other, noting that at the plaintiff’s age he would never wish away his first son or the son abandon the father.
Kalu added that resorting to alternative dispute resolution became imperative as there was no serious dispute to judge on the case.
He adjourned the matter to January 24 for report on settlement. Israel told the court that his decision to re-marry was to get somebody to cook and assist him in keeping the compound clean.
“Since my wife died eight years ago, nobody cooks or assists in cleaning the compound for me.
All my children live in America,” he claimed. The plaintiff told the court that he received with shock the plans of his father to re-marry at his age.
He said: “if my father must get another wife, he ought to discuss it with me.”

Source ¤>> http://www.gistmelove..com/2013/12/son-drags-96-yr-old-father-to-court.html
Re: Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry by deeptesting(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Kalu after listening to both counsel asked Israel why he wanted another wife.
Israel told the court that his decision to re-marry was to get somebody to cook and assist him in keeping the compound clean.
“Since my wife died eight years ago, nobody cooks or assists in cleaning the compound for me.
All my children live in America,” he claimed.

The plaintiff told the court that he received with shock the plans of his father to re-marry at his age.
He said: “if my father must get another wife, he ought to discuss it with me.”[
/

There is no need for alternative dispute resolution,i will base my judgement on the above statement from Father and Son.
Re: Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry by Kanwulia: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
This tribe can never know peace!
Ruffians!!!
Tufiakwa!!!!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry by ireneidiva(f): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
jeez!
Re: Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry by juman(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Instead the son should hire helper for the father if he does not want his father to remarry.

But the father has the right to marry whenever he likes.
Re: Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry by baby124: 9:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
This baba want to marry grave yard marriage. I don't blame the son. A 96yr old to a 40yr old. Hahahaha. Over excitement go kill baba ke. The woman has endured to get the ring, she will excite him and baba will quench. And life goes on with baba's properties. cheesy. For baby 40, this is a lottery if baba hold money. Very sharp investment. grin

(1) (Reply)

Uk-based Nigerian Tackles Church Over Marriage Breakdown / The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait / How Did You Announce A Pregnancy To Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.