Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:52 AM

Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit (881 Views)

My MIL Frequents Our House . / Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by ufelirahmat: 9:44am On Dec 11, 2013
Married women in the house I would like to know if you prepare the meals when you visit your Mother-in-law,esp when she is the type that looks out for errors in every little thing one does.please I need your responses
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2013
I can't remember ever preparing a meal in MIL house, i assist in getting ready the condiments but she does the cooking.
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Women and their ever standing fear for Mother in laws. Let's see how this would end.
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by jumzzy448: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yes I do. my MIL is not a trouble maker.
She'll even be the one telling me J, that soup I ate in your house, come and cook it for me. I really enjoyed the one you cook that day. My MIL is one in a million.

1 Like

Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by feminineA: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
It all depends on your relationship with her. I cook she cooks it depends on the mood of the day. there are times she wants to cook their local dishes for my hubby , i allow her and there are times she ask me ' what do you want to eat? whatever i say she will cook.

I pray God will give you the wisdom in dealing with her. the first step is see her as your mom first before a MIL. you could jokingly invite her to the kitchen that you want to taste her delicious soup etc. Buy gifts to draw her closer etc
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by bebe2(f): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
lucky me,

becos they see me once in 2yrs, she does d cooking, washing, running after me etc she says
i have no help here so she wants me to rest grin grin grin

but wit my busy body i cant rest, rather i follow her around the house telling all sorts of stories about her son and grand kids shocked shocked.
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by ufelirahmat: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
smileyI really appreciate ur responses,I do want things to work well between us cos hubby cherishes her alot.@ jummzy I envy u,@teeo some MIL can make life unbearable u for one angry
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by Kanwulia: 12:05am On Dec 12, 2013
Nope!
I never met her! kiss
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 12, 2013
Kanwulia: Nope!
I never met her! kiss

shocked sad
Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by greatgod2012(f): 4:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Since your visit is once in a while, i guess, if that what it is, then, there is nothing bad about it.

As per finding fault in everything, let me ask a question, WHAT IF SHE IS YOUR OWN MOTHER?

You said your hubby cherishes her alot, do you remember she's the major instrumentalist of what your hubby is today, if you cherish your hubby, why can't you cherish whatever/whoever he cherishes.

Remember, every DIL is a potential MIL.
May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit by ukchy: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2013
My MIL is one in a trillion if i may use that word.Anytime I visit her,i cook different orishirishi for her and keep it in her frizer and guess what?? Me and my mates struggle to pay her visit oo cos that woman is nice to a fault.A true mother indeed and she doesn't treat us differently,she treat us like her daughters three of us.Any time she visit,omo see loads.she will pack all the foodstuff in the world for three of us and we treat her like a queen.I thank God everyday for the kind of family am married to so friendly and Loving wink.Love u Mama

(1) (Reply)

Jamaican Bride Dumps New Husband 20min After Arriving In The Uk / Look At What Kelly Roland Is Doing Even With Her Pregnancy - Great / 5 Reasons Why Celebrity Marriages Fail – Fowowe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.