Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2453 Views)

I Will Speak At The Appropriate Time - President Jonathan / Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by pigin: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, a NorthThe Presidency last night rose in defence of President Goodluck Jonathan for not speaking at the memorial service in honour of the former South African leader, Nelson Mandela in South Africa.The President had come under serious condemnation by critics in the social media, who wondered why he went to Johannesburg in the first place without rendering an oration in honour of Madiba as other worldleaders did.But Presidential Spokesman, Dr Reuben Abating, dismissed the attacks on the President as a classic case of much ado about nothing, as Jonathan was not billed to speak at the ceremony in the first place.According to Abati, only six out of the 100 world leaders at the event, were slated to speak and Jonathan was not one of those chosen to render any speech.“The late Madiba’s burial is not a United Nations Debating session.It is what it is a burial: a solemn, national ceremony,” Abati said.” Leaders from all over the world attended the Memorial Service topay their last respects and to identify with South Africans in their hour of grief. It was certainly not meant to be an occasion for political grandstanding or the waving of flags.“Out of about 100 world leaders who attended the event today, only six spoke at the ceremony. Itwas made clear at the occasion that the Chairman of the AU Commission, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma will speak on behalf of African leaders. And she did.“I do not agree that Nigeria was insulted in any way. It was good that President Jonathan attendedthe Memorial service and that Nigeria is in solidarity with the South Africans.“If every leader who attended theservice had been asked to say a word, the event would not have ended. There were many other leaders at the event, whose countries have strong historical and political ties with South Africa, but who did not speak.“I have not heard their compatriots crying like babies. This is obviously a further indication of a rising, minority tendency to read the negative into every official item,”Abati said. www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/jonathan-didnt-speak-mandelas-service-presidency/

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Tolexander: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013
Even if he was allowed to talk, would it change anything?
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by donphilopus: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2013
Even if he had spoken, it wouldn't have changed anything.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 11, 2013
donphilopus: Even if he had spoken, it wouldn't have changed anything.

So you know it won't change anything. Why the noise then? Opposition elements should learn how to bring real issues to the table. I can't see them getting near aso rock with this media blackmail

5 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by donphilopus: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2013
tokunboh:

So you know it won't change anything. Why the noise then? Opposition elements should learn how to bring real issues to the table. I can't see them getting near aso rock with this media blackmail
Until you see APC celebrating their presidential swearing-in in may 29 2015, that's when you will know they are the owner of Aso Rock!
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by egift(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2013
Am only happy he did not speak so that nobody will know that he only studied Zoo-Keeping and fish-farming. Also he better not murder English in that Stadium. Kudos to Jonathan for keeping silent.

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by israel007: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Magnified insignificant issue
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by homesteady(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
I hope this reply closes this useless case undecided
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
“I have not heard their compatriots crying like babies. This is obviously a further indication of a rising, minority tendency to read the negative into every official item,”Abati said.

APC=Cry Cry baby

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Akpangbon: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
if he speaks trouble, if he doesnt speak trouble, hate kills.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Brimmie(m): 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Olugbenger(m): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ok.
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by 1MCN: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nigerians are really funny.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Longeria(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ozin: “I have not heard their compatriots crying like babies. This is obviously a further indication of a rising, minority tendency to read the negative into every official item,”Abati said.

APC=Cry Cry baby
APC, as the CHILDREN OF PAIN AND ANGER they are always find fault in order to exhibit their frustrations. lDIOTS.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
egift: Am only happy he did not speak so that nobody will know that he only studied Zoo-Keeping and fish-farming. Also he better not murder English in that Stadium. Kudos to Jonathan for keeping silent.
And a jobless wastrel like you who studied rocket science is broke and stealing bread in-between hawking expired, rotten cashew. Worthless.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Much Ado about nothing, really. But please tell oga Jona not to rename Zuma rock in Abuja in retaliation o.
You can't put anything past him.
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by bigtt76(f): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hahaha ...so why Ban Ki Moon nor speak on behalf of the rest of the world? Ta ....useless excuse grin He probably was drunk on flight again ...at least I've not seen any photograph of him there (I beg to be proved wrong).

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by egift(m): 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
ROSSIKE: And a jobless wastrel like you who studied rocket science is broke and stealing bread in-between hawking expired, rotten cashew. Worthless.

PDP = The children of cluelessness, anger, insults and pains grin
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by pigin: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
egift:

PDP = The children of cluelessness, anger, insults and pains grin
In the word of an APC Governor: GO AND DIE.. grin
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by nnanyereugo(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
pigin: In the word of an APC Governor: GO AND DIE.. grin
indeed... Dat serves dem right. APC shuld go and die lik ane of dem has askd dem 2
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
donphilopus: Until you see APC celebrating their presidential swearing-in in may 29 2015, that's when you will know they are the owner of Aso Rock!

Half of the country might appear dumb to you now cos your blackmail and propaganda seems to resonate with them but trust me, Nigerians will sit down and evaluate issues holistically when it comes to election proper, then shall you be roundly trounced like the kindergarten president did to your sorry selves in 2011. Kudos to GEJ for ensuring free and fair election in the south west, if he had done it the obasanjo way, would your sorry selves have won in any of the south western states? He might just sit back and look this time
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by donphilopus: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
tokunboh:

Half of the country might appear dumb to you now cos your blackmail and propaganda seems to resonate with them but trust me, Nigerians will sit down and evaluate issues holistically when it comes to election proper, then shall you be roundly trounced like the kindergarten president did to your sorry selves in 2011. Kudos to GEJ for ensuring free and fair election in the south west, if he had done it the obasanjo way, would your sorry selves have won in any of the south western states? He might just sit back and look this time
Don't say so again! Because he lost SW to us, as a result of his cluelessness.
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
What was he supposed to say if he was to speak? That he is Nigeria's Mandela? Oh please! angry
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by CircleOfWilis: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
ebele no sabi tok, d guy for fvck up...tnk God dem no allow am disgrace himsef and nigeria
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Kponkwem(m): 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Talk is cheap. What would it had changed about the poor leadership Nigeria has received over the years? I think whatever snubb my President got was a collective national embarrassment for the country's failings and not about GEJ. The earlier you get it that Nigeria has long gone to the dogs and merely patching up, the better!
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
egift: Am only happy he did not speak so that nobody will know that he only studied Zoo-Keeping and fish-farming. Also he better not murder English in that Stadium. Kudos to Jonathan for keeping silent.

imagin...nd xom pipo managed to lyk dis clueless comment
mtcheeew
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by jmoore(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
bigtt76: Hahaha ...so why Ban Ki Moon nor speak on behalf of the rest of the world? Ta ....useless excuse grin He probably was drunk on flight again ...at least I've not seen any photograph of him there (I beg to be proved wrong).

Those who have TVs saw him.
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by musiwa112: 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
because Jonathan is not a real President... like Obama.. and others.. Nigeria is not a country but a regional body.

If you check South africa record. Western Nigeria had an embassy in South africa many years ago before the illegal occupation by Northerners.

Mandela is my family friend.. So he would have know, I was not telling a lie. And he knew the truth because he was involve in it at that time. And spoke against the illegal occupation by Northerners in western Nigeria.

The northerners and easterners were part of what lead Mandela to return back and they arrest mandela after that. Mandela was jail for 27 years after that.
because of what they did, they the northerners for many years refuse to back the release of mandela, since they control the government of Nigeria

When the leaders of Western Nigeria which offer protection for Mandela were arrest. The Northerners and Easterners were involve in the arrest of nelson mandela.
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by jmoore(m): 10:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Comedy central grin grin
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by vanguard1(m): 12:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Now the evil progressives can now rest. Abati Thank you very much for clearing the air.
Re: Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency by vanguard1(m): 12:28am On Dec 12, 2013
musiwa112: because Jonathan is not a real President... like Obama.. and others.. Nigeria is not a country but a regional body.

If you check South africa record. Western Nigeria had an embassy in South africa many years ago before the illegal occupation by Northerners.

Mandela is my family friend.. So he would have know, I was not telling a lie. And he knew the truth because he was involve in it at that time. And spoke against the illegal occupation by Northerners in western Nigeria.

The northerners and easterners were part of what lead Mandela to return back and they arrest mandela after that. Mandela was jail for 27 years after that.
because of what they did, they the northerners for many years refuse to back the release of mandela, since they control the government of Nigeria

When the leaders of Western Nigeria which offer protection for Mandela were arrest. The Northerners and Easterners were involve in the arrest of nelson mandela.
Go and Die

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Christians In Sabon Gari / Osinbanjo And Ambode Storm Alaba International Market / Bloody Clashes Likely Between Soldiers, Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.